• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But the download link is in the post just above yours. I'm not sure what you are asking for, so I've answered both. :)

The download link in the opening post works as well.

Seems to me @BjornB might have added this to the opening post:
"Due to some technical difficulties atm it's hosted on the wiki. I'll get it on here when the issues are resolved. But the wiki should suffice."
in late april this year, but forgot to edit the op again.

Bump for more light !

OK, what's the correct install procedure, from a clean install? I'm using the GamersGate files, and i keep getting the wrong checksum, and severe stability issues.

OK, what's the correct install procedure, from a clean install? I'm using the GamersGate files, and i keep getting the wrong checksum, and severe stability issues.

You had it installed before ?
Go through the regular uninstall procedure.
Delete or rename any thing of what's left of the game files folder and the cache files folder, the latter being Documents/Paradox Interactive/Victoria 2.

Reinstall base, AHD, HoD, 3.03 and 3.04 patches.
If that doesn't work, ( after the expansions) 3.01, 3.02, 3.03, 3.04, but i got the impression the first way should do.
All also true according to posts in this very thread. ;)

In case i forgot anything, let me get struck by a lightning called @RELee

Reinstall base, AHD, HoD, 3.03 and 3.04 patches.
Well, that seems right to me. But I got lazy and purchased the Steam version when it was on sale. :oops:
If I get a moment I'll see what I can locate, but I'm about to head out for a physical just in case I still have one. :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, that seems right to me.

Thanks for the confirmation. :cool:

But I got lazy and purchased the Steam version when it was on sale..

BOOOOOOH ! :D
Not that i have another variant than the Steam one either nowadays..

If I get a moment I'll see what I can locate, but I'm about to head out for a physical just in case I still have one. :p

A "physical" ? Suuuure. ;)

Taking a
serveimage

to the local saloon ? :p

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Last edited:
@JRaup you need to read this link through and see if that helps. MEGATHREAD Victoria 2 -- read this first! Patches, localisations, and solutions

If not, let us know. I would pay attention to uninstalling so as to get everything cleaned out and getting the additional Microsoft files installed if you still have issues.

But, if you can afford it, get the Steam version so you can sleep nights. ;)

I'll try that tomorrow. I did the above method, but i get a different checksum (WHEW), but seems stable ATM. And if I wanted to sleep at night, I'd: A. work days; B. wouldn't be reinstalling Vicky. ;)

At your convenience, of course.