[All Spots Filled] pvp 1vs 1 mediums tournament sign ups!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mechwarrior Horus

Sergeant
3 Badges
Feb 23, 2018
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
Attention all mechwarriors!! We are just finishing up our light tonnage matches 1 mech vs 1 mech this weekend. come on over to the links below, both for the discord channel running it and the challonge bracket that you can signup and rules. Reward is receiving the "solaris champion" role on discord. for more information come on over to discord here https://discord.gg/HwBSyN2 .

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...aris_vii_wieght_class_division_tournament.jpg

Just a heads up if you go here https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/gc2CEhfk1B you can register for the STOCK medium weight class Tournament that will start as soon as the lights are completed

Solaris VII Mediums - Challonge

We have 16 how many can we get!!!

1v1 medium mech action .... will the 4p win??? Who knows!!

All signed up and ready to ROCK!

: )

All signed up and ready to ROCK!

: )

Wait, what? :eek:

1527076172.jpg

:p

Edit: Added- Thread Temporarily Pinned for signup phase.

Last edited:
You have a set period of time to play the person in your bracket, for this turnament I believe it's a week. You communicate through discord, challonge, or the forum here to arainge the match. :) I'm in the turnament and must say mp is a blast.

@Dracounguis great question! it will begin monday. each person opponents will be randomly chosen. for ease of access you may use either our discord server with above link, or the Challonge link under discussions. And @Ozymandious is absolutely correct in his statement.

Just curious, is the Griffin 4N allowed for this? It's in the mechbay, but I'd have thought that picking a Star League era mech would seem a bit, well, lacking in sportsmanship :D

Just curious, is the Griffin 4N allowed for this? It's in the mechbay, but I'd have thought that picking a Star League era mech would seem a bit, well, lacking in sportsmanship :D
The 4N is not available in the 'Mech bay unless some mod adds it. Only the 1S and 1N are available, which are not star league.

The 4N is not available in the 'Mech bay unless some mod adds it. Only the 1S and 1N are available, which are not star league.

I've not modded my game and it's there, as a -VALHA mech.

I did previously add it as one of the mechs in the starter lance, but subsequently validated my install files and reset everything to default. The other Star Legaue era mech which is present is Kamea's Atlas II, and I have never used that in a starter lance.

I'm not interested in using it myself (found it wasn't quite as good as a Shadow Hawk in the campaign), just thought it would be worth asking for a ruling as it its legality in the tournament.

349cpvp.jpg

Huh, guess that only shows up for Valhalla people then; my money's on that being a bug or something that only works in single-player skirmish. There's no way HBS would intentionally allow a "pay to win" like those who backed at the Valhalla level getting more powerful 'Mechs than everyone else in multiplayer.

I notice the yellow "!" triangle on that Griffin.... doesn't that icon usually mean you can't actually field that 'Mech because there's something wrong with it? Have you tried (or would you try now) using the 4N or other star league 'Mechs in multiplayer to see if it actually lets you?

Last edited:
I think it will let you only if the opponent also has the mech, I either remember that from somewhere or just made it up in my head right now. Either way I would like to know the answer :)

Attention all forum goers!!! the signups for mediums are finished. thanks to all who joined the fun :) The Heavy bracket will be next after completion of mediums. look forward to the battles :)

I notice the yellow "!" triangle on that Griffin.... doesn't that icon usually mean you can't actually field that 'Mech because there's something wrong with it? Have you tried (or would you try now) using the 4N or other star league 'Mechs in multiplayer to see if it actually lets you?

I think the triangle is there because it's under weight by a third of a ton or so, I think they forgot to top up it's armour :D

I've not tried using it in multiplayer, I think you're right in that both people would have to have it; I just assumed that everyone did have them in their mechbay!

It does definitely work in single player skirmish, though.

Last edited:
Attention all forum goers!!! the signups for mediums are finished. thanks to all who joined the fun :) The Heavy bracket will be next after completion of mediums. look forward to the battles :)
Congrats!

Unpinned as referenced above .

Good luck with the tourney Mechwarriors.