• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hiramas

Sergeant
45 Badges
Feb 23, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Magicka 2
  • Cities: Skylines
I will rework this post after the patch, stay tuned

Greetings everyone,

a few people had the idea to try to collect all the wishes and suggestions into an organized list and I decided to try it. I hope you support this endeavor and reply with your suggestions and wishes.

Let's try to agree on a few rules:
- Please only post your suggestion in this thread, I think we should keep this thread clean and move the discussion about the suggestions to their respective threads.
- If your suggestion has it's own discussion already, post the link and I will add it to the list.
- Please try to sort your suggestion into one of the existing categories or suggest a new category for the list.
- I would like suggestions about the best way to permanently collect support for the various suggestions and wishes.

Edit: There is also this Idea Box page, if that is the preferred way to gather ideas for the community, I suggest to use it: http://citiesskylines.ideascale.com/

Categories

Basic Simulation

UI, Sound and Game Mechanics

Tech and Engine

Modding and STEAM Workshop

• Traffic Simulation in the Asset Editor
  • Road modding
  • Better Workshop organization
  • Asset Manager filters and organization
  • Pictures of modded buildings in the game
  • Left-hand driving in the asset editor

Zoned Buildings - Types and Styles

Residential

Commercial

• -
  • -
  • -

Industry

• Area effects for specialized industry ( e.g. fields, oil pumps)
  • ^ Bigger industry buildings in the specialized industry (e.g. fields, oil pumps)
  • Longer, more interesting production chains
  • High-Tech industry specialization

Offices

• -
  • -
  • -

Functional Buildings

• Modular, extendable Buildings
  • -
  • -

Water

Power

• -
  • -
  • -

Health- and Deathcare

• -
  • -
  • -

Education

Police and Fire

• -
  • -
  • -

Garbage

• Zoneable or Extendable Landfills
  • "Greener" way to get rid of garbage.
  • -

Parks and Decoration

Districts and district policies

Roads, Roadtypes and related things

Mass Transit

Busses

• Bus lanes
  • Long range bus stations for tourists
  • -

Trains

• Larger train stations
  • Train stations with multiple connections (bus, metro)
  • Elevated Stations
  • Different types of elevated structures (steel, concrete, brick)
  • Underground tracks and stations
  • Traintrack soundwalls

Metro

• Overground/Elevated Metro including stations
  • -

Airport

Harbor

• Bigger harbors
  • Modular harbors
  • Harbor waterfront [CONSIDERED]
  • -

Other concepts

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
[Цитата="иметь такого папу, должность: 23845919, член: 113504"]это только на английском языке форума, не размещать на других языках[/Цитата]
I translated into English, there may be errors, because the translator translated. The meaning is clear in the Russian language 100%.

I would love to see better "poping up of buildings" animation. Big buildings like skyscrapers should have cranes, this gives more "life" for the city. Is there any chance to add it to the game?

I see toll booths are already suggested and on wishlist, but how about congestion charge zones?

Congestion charges could be set based on zones (like many other current policies) and they would reduce car traffic and increase demand on public transport, walking and cycling. Reduced car traffic would increase land value based on current mechanics. To balance things, maybe congestion charge could cause a bit unhappiness.

Here's some real-life research done on topic in London, for reference: http://www.lse.ac.uk/website-archiv...s/2016/09/Congestion-charge-house-prices.aspx

I would like to see this game exceed Cities XL/XXL in population, limits, and expansion. Can that be achieved with the Unity engine? EDIT: It would also be awesome, in my opinion, to have a giant bagpipe spider that can be constructed as a monument (not a unique) for no reason whatsoever!

Last edited:
I will rework this post after the patch, stay tuned

Greetings everyone,

a few people had the idea to try to collect all the wishes and suggestions into an organized list and I decided to try it. I hope you support this endeavor and reply with your suggestions and wishes.

Let's try to agree on a few rules:
- Please only post your suggestion in this thread, I think we should keep this thread clean and move the discussion about the suggestions to their respective threads.
- If your suggestion has it's own discussion already, post the link and I will add it to the list.
- Please try to sort your suggestion into one of the existing categories or suggest a new category for the list.
- I would like suggestions about the best way to permanently collect support for the various suggestions and wishes.

Edit: There is also this Idea Box page, if that is the preferred way to gather ideas for the community, I suggest to use it: http://citiesskylines.ideascale.com/

Categories

Basic Simulation

UI, Sound and Game Mechanics

Tech and Engine

Modding and STEAM Workshop

• Traffic Simulation in the Asset Editor
  • Road modding
  • Better Workshop organization
  • Asset Manager filters and organization
  • Pictures of modded buildings in the game
  • Left-hand driving in the asset editor

Zoned Buildings - Types and Styles

Residential

Commercial

• -
  • -
  • -

Industry

• Area effects for specialized industry ( e.g. fields, oil pumps)
  • ^ Bigger industry buildings in the specialized industry (e.g. fields, oil pumps)
  • Longer, more interesting production chains
  • High-Tech industry specialization

Offices

• -
  • -
  • -

Functional Buildings

• Modular, extendable Buildings
  • -
  • -

Water

Power

• -
  • -
  • -

Health- and Deathcare

• -
  • -
  • -

Education

Police and Fire

• -
  • -
  • -

Garbage

• Zoneable or Extendable Landfills
  • "Greener" way to get rid of garbage.
  • -

Parks and Decoration

Districts and district policies

Roads, Roadtypes and related things

Mass Transit

Busses

• Bus lanes
  • Long range bus stations for tourists
  • -

Trains

• Larger train stations
  • Train stations with multiple connections (bus, metro)
  • Elevated Stations
  • Underground tracks and stations
  • Traintrack soundwalls

Metro

• Overground/Elevated Metro including stations
  • -

Airport

Harbor

• Bigger harbors
  • Modular harbors
  • Harbor waterfront [CONSIDERED]
  • -

Other concepts

Plaese make distasters a saprate dlc i boght the game and didint reilses that a need to buy priume ps4 by the way

- Fisheries.

Placing a fishing harbor in the vicinity of a fishing ground (similar to other recources, but then where there is water). Then when industry is zoned in the vicinity of the fishing harbor fish processing companies will spring up (perhaps as a new district type?). This would allow people to create fishing villages.

- Functional oil rigs.

Using the (oil) district tool on an oil field in open water with oil pipelines (new type of pipeline) placed in it, which then are connected to a refinery (new service building) will result in oil rigs springing up.

Upgrade tool for quays, so we can easily swap to a new quay model from the workshop.

If at all possible it would also be great if we could flip direction of quays as the mesh is just randomly flipped along the quay. This means the mesh needs to be symmetrical, which feels like a waste. If we could control what's the front of the mesh, we wouldn't need a backside cutting tris count for the models almost in half. Plus the option of asymmetrical meshes opens up the possibility to add fences to the water side of a quay to create a nice seaside wall. :D

Attached image shows how the random direction of quays is even visible on the default one as the top texture isn't symmetrical.

Attachments

• 20180428112932_1.jpg
    20180428112932_1.jpg
    378,7 KB · Views: 39
Better agro and forestry industrial zones.

Actually, this zones are really awful: they simply don't look like agro and forestry industries. The crops and animal fields in the game are just irreal. The can be said about the forestry zone. They are just small 4x4 buildings, when in the reality this two industry types use huge areas. Somenthing similar with SimCity4 or even CitiesXL/XXL could be done for both zones.

Maybe is a dumb question but... does dev still read this topic? The first page too, is not updated since 2015 I think, a lot of the suggestions are now actually part of the vanilla game or of some dlc.

Native bullet trains/Shinkansen (High-Speed Rail [HSR])
Square Brush for Districts
Downtown/entertainment district
Mixed Residential/commercial Zone(store below/housing above)
DSC_5871.CarpetBarn.NEF_-1024x801.jpg

Med density Residential ( townhomes duplexes etc.)
ar128517401225008.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe is a dumb question but... does dev still read this topic? The first page too, is not updated since 2015 I think, a lot of the suggestions are now actually part of the vanilla game or of some dlc.

According the the original posters activity, he has not been active since November 11th in 2017. I think it's safe to say he hasn't kept up with the thread recently. If I'm not mistaken, I don't believe he is an employee. But I wouldn't know if CO employees still look at this particular thread or not. The thread sems kind of dead moderation wise but it's still fairly active. People are still posting suggestions here.

IMO, this thread itself could probably use some sort of outside moderation or recreation if Hiramas isn't going to do it.

Last edited:
I'd suggest making it so that when you're building railroad stations it snaps to the rail line (if you're using the predetermined one on a map) and lets you add the road connection after. Trying to place the road and then the railroad station and connecting it to the railroad already in place gets a bit...finnicky.

Hi! Yes, we do read this!

Oh, that's good. If so I'd like to suggest zonable farms, here there is a thread on Reddit about this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CitiesSkyl..._can_have_zonable_parks_now_why_cant_we_have/

And air pollution and more focus on diseases. It's great that there is ground and sound pollution but with a lot of cars, industries and incinerators, even if outside/far the core of the city, would produce a lot of smog and pollution that would be carried by the winds and pollute other areas. Also I feel diseases and health are a bit "shallow" in the game right now. I'm sorry for the poor wording but I'm not very good with english.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/75/ac/0b/75ac0b1689b3a8b87374e42beb12e614.png
Hi, I am a dutchie, in the Netherlands the majority of housing is 'Rijtjeshuizen' (english: terracehouses wikipedia) see picture on link above.
As opposed to this, Cities Skylines suburbs look very american to me. I'd rather see this made as an option.

Secondly, I like fountains and waterfalls, the latter I can make myself in the editor however no white water/rushing water.
On the fountains, in The Netherlands and possibly other places as well, we know an object called 'Water orgel', I tried to find a translation to English, but could not find any. 'Water Organ'.
Seeing is believing : https://www.rolight.nl/image/picture/ROLIGHT56352_dia_700x467.jpg
Fountains with controllable water pressure automated to respond to music.

Once you saw any of those in real life, I bet you will love it too. I'd like to recreate those memories in Cities Skylines.

About Mass Transit DLC : I miss the Hyperloop :)

Last edited:
Please create DLC with parking zones, garages and ipmropved AI drivers.
New buildings:
- Speedrace track (Unique, like a stadium)
- Car showroom (high commercial)
- fueling, car repair (low commercial)
- Car factory (industrial)
- Car Museum (unique)
Etc.

Hi! Yes, we do read this!

I would have a suggestion regarding this topic. Could any of you take over the first comment and clean up or at least keep up and refresh that? As he hasn't been around a year now. Or just give the right to another forumite who would do it for you guys. (I don't know if it is possible)

This could reopen the discussions between you guys and us because I feel like you have moved a bit away from us. Thanks and all the best!

Now regarding game suggestions:

- Bus stops: Please fix them. Bus stops spawn so big that they at least 2 articulated buses would fit inside yet they stop inside it so terribly that some models (yes, modded ones) actually block another lane. Just redraw their paths and at least 2 original buses would fit inside without any problems or other changes.
- New (bus) stop for an existing line: Right now when I would like to add a stop to an existing line I have to delete its stops until then and remake them all over with the one I wanted. Could you add an option that would let us place down a stop and then just rewrite its line to and from it? It's like a "+1 stop". Would make our lives a lot easier.
- Pedestrian crossings: It would be nice if we could put them on roads without junctions. Better control of pedestrians as there isn't always a place to make an elevated one (and they don't look that good). And if we could decide to place there a traffic light or not would make it just perfect. Traffic toggle would be a good place for it.
- Transport prices: Could you give us a minimal chance to change transport charges? All, or species like bus, tram, monorail, trains etc. Like CiM.
- Transport AI: Please just toggle up a bit the transported numbers as right now even huge cities transport like very small amount of people and bring back just the 1/4 of their cost. (I know in real life they mostly bring back 1/2 of their cost too so I don't ask much but when I have a 110% used line that is totally making me loose huge amounts of money is just unreal.)
- Tourism AI: Well, basically the same. I feel like the tourist numbers are too low for a city size.
(- Taxis: I don't understand them at all. Do they actually do something?
- Walking tours: On the Parklife videos I saw them working inside Park Areas but ingame it's not working for me.)
- Automatic bulldose: Oh man, that is really-really necessary. Just a toggle button which we could turn on/off please.

- New (bus) stop for an existing line: Right now when I would like to add a stop to an existing line I have to delete its stops until then and remake them all over with the one I wanted. Could you add an option that would let us place down a stop and then just rewrite its line to and from it? It's like a "+1 stop". Would make our lives a lot easier.

This is already in the game. Just grab the line somewhere (ideally between the 2 stops the new stop should be between) and drag it to the side. That adds a new stop and the line adjusts. Just give the busses a few sec to update.