• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Better than Napoleon, Poland into space, Sunset invasion and Sweden not overpowered taken to the extreme

Attachments

• eu4_43.png
    eu4_43.png
    3,6 MB · Views: 319
  • eu4_47.png
    eu4_47.png
    3,5 MB · Views: 342
  • eu4_51.png
    eu4_51.png
    3,4 MB · Views: 342
  • eu4_53.png
    eu4_53.png
    3,6 MB · Views: 259
Another one starting as a Muscovy vassal:
4scw01.png

The start was a bit easier than Perm - Muscovy attacked Tver before Novgorod, which gave me time to get both NOV and Lithuania as allies (also got eased tensions event for fast relations). Diplomacy was kinda difficult afterwards though, boxed in between larger powers and even Denmark was attacking me after I took over Livonia. At some point I was even allied to Muscovy, but that turned sour after I took some provinces from Novgorod. Managed to form Russia in 1550, made it to Siberian horde land only in 1576 and figured I'd see if I can still get the Relentless Push East by powering through some Ming tributaries - here's the result, had to switch religious to expansion to fill the gap between Udi and Kamchatka (even then it took something like 2 years to send a colonist) but basically it's doable in 20 years even if you have 0 colonies before that.

The enertron helped you conquer and convert the entire world!

...but you're still Hungary :).

First time I avoided rev switch, and lacking any CCR certainly slows things down. Still, imperialism with maxed efficiency is > 500 dev/war. 5 missionaries at Christian strength is solid, if you keep these active you clearly don't need NIs (I had some missionary idle time because I was caught off guard how fast I could push it with cathedrals). I didn't bother with religious-taking vassals after imperialism except for Ayuthaya, everything else was client states as it quickly became obvious that conquest would be the bottleneck as long as I targeted people in the right order.

With their accepted cultures/cathedrals converting their stuff is easy, usually 5-7 months (even in Sunni Songhai for example). They do a little work themselves too:

I am Ragusa. Allied to Hungary, Austria and Poland.
Austria and Hungary already lost against Ottomans,
Poland suddenly lost Lithuania (i dont know why).
And Ottomans suddenly made some slightly unholy alliances.

All in all: not a desperate situation AT ALL! :)

View attachment 370220

I'd be ditching that alliance with Austria if I were you because that's why they're all allying up, damn that's unlucky!

Any alliance won't protect you against these four countries, especially Austria as Otto, France and Bohemia probably all hated it and so will be eager to participate. So discard it, try to make new friends and hope Ottos will be busy elsewhere until this alliance broke.

You can also try to join HRE, if Austria is the emperor and you have good relationship with it, but i'm not sure you're close and small enough to do it. Once in the HRE, just drop the alliance with Austria: as the emperor it will protect you but you will no more be asked to protect it (and rivals of Austria won't have a relationship malus with you).

And you have an idle diplomat: send him to work before the Turks come to behead him.

France ironman, got a PU over Savoy and Brandenburg. For some reason my expansion rate goes WAY DOWN 1500-1600 and then picks back up afterward. I don't know why, I just get a little overwhelemed once I reach a fever pitch and can expand in any direction I want.

Argh.

533JqDg.jpg

So this is my Third successful ironman run, the main goal was to get Italian ambition and Mare Monstrum achievement. Started as Milan.

Weird things happened throughout the campaign, Georgia got PU over Russia and managed to hold them for over 20 years, Friesland got kicked out from Europe and continued expanding over North America.

rr7mUQB.jpg

TzXS36A.jpg

ltleTr5.jpg

O8HQpYo.jpg

Last edited: