[Mod Release] JK_SUCKos : Star System Coordinates Mod + Optional 16 new systems

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Justin Kase -- does changing the starmap alter the map in an existing campaign when that campaign is next loaded, or is the map in the campaign pulled from the base file and then stored as part of the save game?

So far, in my testing, the map only consistently appears with the new systems when starting a new campaign. However, in my tests on the BattleTech 1.01 HBS patch, I also saw instances where the map would 'redraw' at a certain point (mostly when the various Aurigan systems change hands).

That being said, you need to be very careful with this, as once you start a campaign with the new systems, the saves will keep looking for them.

In the SimGameConstants.json line27 is a value for "MaxJumpDistance" set to 30. Have you played around with that one?

Seems to just increase the jump routes (which are automatically plotted) - though I thought I saw it in a different file. I may be mixing things up in my noggin - but I know the value field was MaxJumpDistance

As long as there is a valid route to a system (does not have to be shortest!), don't fiddle with "MaxJumpDistance". There are significant lore reasons why it is 30LY.

Wasn't planning to change it - but I did look, as @\/olt had asked me if it was possible, though that was more for variable JumpShips.

In the case where 1 of the new HBS jump paths drifted after modding in the Sarna coords, I moved the system up a degree or two and the problem was solved.

Working to bring this neglected mod up to date.

I will include the basic "adjusts all starsystem coordinates" - which can be applied to any existing campaign (you will notice the jump points shift - most notably Smithon/Mangehangdian).

The more advanced version will add in the 16 new systems. This does not interfere with existing campaigns, as they just continue on with their existing maps (there is a chance that the game adds in these systems after it redraws the maps - I am still testing that)

I will also include extra MDD / VM files to allow for easier integration with the Variants mod (save you some time from having to merge the files - since I do it for myself anyway).

Once I have this working, I am adding in another 56 systems to make the proportions of the map be 20% bigger - just to see how borders get drawn. This would add in Canopus as a visitable system.

This is meant more as an exercise in how it works - but it could bring some new interesting possibiities.

The 16 new worlds (all show as 1 Skull, because it is the beginning of the game) - some of them could still use better descriptions - but there are some interesting places at least;)

... and just noticed a spelling error in Banfora and an error in Borgan's Rift - where I changed around a sentence :p

I also have to check the planet flags - as I have 'Uninhabitted' worlds with 'Token Populations'

16Worlds.png

Last edited:
My first commander is (ancestrally) from Canapos, so that would be cool.

I thought it would be cool to have the both Canopus and Taurus visitable.

I am mostly having success with adding the worlds:
  • They populate mission
  • Properly stocked shops appear
  • MechWarriors can be hired
  • The jump routes show (and work)
  • The proper factions are indicated in the description (along with the other viable factions).
Where I am having trouble - is in the borders being drawn. My next test is going to be more proportional, and we'll see if that fixes things.

Version 1.04 is out

PLEASE NOTE : The Patch for Version 1.04 of the BattleTech game is now out. Unlike previous patches, this does not appear to make any changes to the VersionManifest.csv or MetadataDatabase.db files. So these mod files will also work when applied to BattleTech1.03.

*** Warning : to use the extra 16 planets, you will need to edit/replace the MetadataDatabase.db file - we don't know what sort of lasting effect this might have. If you choose to do a full uninstall of this mod at a future date, any campaign that is using the 16 new systems will be unusable - as the game will look for these systems as part of the map. ***

*** Additional Note : The 1.04 version of the Mod is dependent on having BATTLETECH Patch 1.04, to keep with versioning. The VersionManifest.csv and MetadataDatabase.db files I provide within the Mod are based off those files. You can still manually add the lines to both using the information provided within the Mod. Sorry to anyone I confused. ***

All star systems are now adjusted to the Sarna listed system coordinates - which is as close to the game maps as is possible. Once installed, the new star system coordinates will become noticeable as soon as you look at the star map. The easiest way to tell if your map has adjusted, is to look at the Camadeierre star system (in Taurian space). If it is spelled CAMADEIERRE, you are good to go. If it is spelled CAMADEIRRE

The 16 new planets have all been adjusted and work in Campaign mode - but you will only see them if you start a completely new campaign. Existing campaigns will not see them at all.

Please continue to report issues and suggested 'Mechs to add in - thank you all!!!

Link to Nexus mod :
https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/24?tab=description

So to be clear -- hitting a point in the story that normally triggers a map change won't cause this to take effect?

If you had to rank your mods in order of OCD, what would they be? ;)

@Max_Killjoy : It didn't add in the extra systems when I hit the last storyline trigger. I am about to hit another (tonight or tomorrow) and will confirm if it triggers then. IF it does, then maybe we can 'force' a trigger to redraw the map as needed.

@Lyrch75 : Yeah, they actually confirmed what I suspected, that the auto-draw function is a little messed up. I am in the process of testing out a slightly larger area and a few other things. If it works, it should allow for another ~70 systems. @\/olt and I are moving at a slightly slower pace in adding the things in - and I may look into borrowing the DLL edit that the IS Map did.

@don Zappo : Clearly it would be
  • JK_Emblems
  • JK_FactionsAndMissions
  • JK_MinorAdjustments
  • JK_Pilots
  • JK_StarLeague
  • JK_SUCKos
  • JK_Variants
  • JK_WeaponAmmo
But, if you meant which one was the most bound to my CDO - then it would likely be SUCKos, MinorAdjustements, Variants

I might be covering ground you're familiar with, but here it goes.

From what I did to unlock the entire vanilla map early, there is a way to trigger map changes.

Under the Added Tags section of the final milestone, there's "map_travel_3", which is the entire existing map. By adding that to the Added Tags of an earlier milestone, I was able to get the entire map open. (Would give credit to the person who told me but I'm terrible at taking notes.)

I wonder if it would be possible to create a mission that's always available at a certain planet, that triggers a milestone, and calls a new "map travel" tag, that would open up the entire new modded map.

Had another random thought on this.

I wonder if map changes / unlocks could be linked to an item in the store, that doesn't mount on the mech but does something when it hits inventory.

I don't know that an item can trigger a map change. Right now I have only been able to see storyline / even triggers. I would like to figure out using 'weeks' triggers.

I don't know that an item can trigger a map change. Right now I have only been able to see storyline / even triggers. I would like to figure out using 'weeks' triggers.

If nothing else, that would allow the player to add a map change at any point in the campaign, by manually editing the date/weeks trigger in the JSON to a number just ahead of their current campaign "date".

Yup - that is part of the thought.