• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Except I played a game called SPQR back in 1997...

To be fair, a paradox game with total focus on politics and internal power in Rome while the republic (+empire) grows historically without your influence would be super interesting. If they do make 'Rome 2', I really hope it'll be more than just 'EU3 in the ancient era' like EU:Rome more or less turned out to be :)

It's going to be easy to spell. And it definitely will feature minorities. :confused:

:) Case solved - It's going to be a modern day first person shooter about @DarthShizNit 's adventures in Syria! What is easier to spell than "YPG"? :D

Only "PKK" would be easier but that would be Erdoganist to spell it like that :cool:
Lol.

POTM

It's easy to spell and makes more sense than keeping an entirely independent Rome franchise within the EU franchise.
That's debatable but they started with doing it with the first game, so it made sense for them then. Any drastic change from the name is highly unlikely. Dropping the EU part is possible or maybe even probable but changing it to something totally different is next to impossible.

Now, this is pure speculation and it is not based on anything at all.

The hint „is this what you waiting for?“ implies, it is not totally new because you couldn‘t wait for something you do not know.

Minorities implies majorities...empires to handle or suppress them.

Johan is a big fan of ancient and especially roman/hellenic timeframe.

Easy to spell...okay for some people everything is hard or easy to spell, but what could be easier to spell than a name consisting of spelling letters...SPQR

They won‘t name it Europa Universalis: Rome 2 or Rome 2 or anything 2 because, they want to create a new brand and not an EU-hybrid-mod...

It is either SPQR or ROMA
In both cases it will be the spiritual successor to EU:Rome but as a new brand and heavily influenced by CK2

I take this to mean that its going to be an antiquity game, but it could of course be a trolling for Victoria III.

The hint „is this what you waiting for?“ implies, it is not totally new because you couldn‘t wait for something you do not know.

Minorities implies majorities...empires to handle or suppress them.

Johan is a big fan of ancient and especially roman/hellenic timeframe.

Easy to spell...okay for some people everything is hard or easy to spell, but what could be easier to spell than a name consisting of spelling letters...SPQR

They won‘t name it Europa Universalis: Rome 2 or Rome 2 or anything 2 because, they want to create a new brand and not an EU-hybrid-mod...

It is either SPQR or ROMA
In both cases it will be the spiritual successor to EU:Rome but as a new brand and heavily influenced by CK2
First hint is a useless hint, it could be interpreted in different ways and many people waited for many different games. (Victoria's Secret Dating Simulator, anyone?)
Minorities implies POPs, something that we know were a core part of Victoria 2, not so much EU:Rome. Sure they could have added it and so on, who knows.
He also a fan of football manager game, does that mean that it is a football manager game? Not necessarily...
SPQR is probably harder for most people to spell than Victoria or Rome.
I personally welcome any new PDS game and I will buy it anyways.

Victoria 3 would be simple, Rome 2 would actually be ''Europa Universalis: Rome 2'' so it's Victoria III.

Only if they made a direct sequal and not a full blown antiquity game in its own right.

Victoria 3 would be simple, Rome 2 would actually be ''Europa Universalis: Rome 2'' so it's Victoria III.
MqS8fVejoybRZRAZoNPRqzrojDgH3TlCJ-wKg71f7rE.jpg