• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ok, got the Digital content deluxe dlc on Steam, how should i get the avatar?

edit: figured it out ;)

Could you share?

I can't seem to get any BT avatars and I was a kickstarter. :(

Could you share?

I can't seem to get any BT avatars and I was a kickstarter. :(

Havamal's handy help post to the rescue:
Adding a Threadmark for the Backer Badge FAQ;

Check your Backerkit link, you have a Pdx backer badge/forum avatar code there that you can enter here.

Click on the black paradox tab at the top right to go to your profile. Add the code there.

View attachment 351475

It might not sync immediately.

You can then;
Check that you entered the correct Pdx badge code.
Log out of this site completely, and then log back in.
Make sure to link your Steam Account with your PDX account too while here.

Also then try to go to the top right, mouse over your name and click "owned items" then sync
index.php

Unfortunately it apparently goes slow for some people. Sorry if none of that immediately helped but it may take a few days to filter down to your account.

That's it.

Profit!

A few times I've seen people mention that with "left ctrl + k" you can take screenshots without UI, but I can't find where the game stores them. Any help?

Screenshot Save Location

WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes

MAC: Users\\Library\Application Support\Harebrained Schemes\BattleTech

Though even if this is the BT FAQ I am not sure if I am right here with my question, but does the background of the MechWarriors for hire have any relevance or is it just extra flavour?

Is there a way to do "easier" missions once you've gotten to the free and clear sandbox part? I haven't had a chance to really test (darn work) but I'm hoping there's a way to start using mediums and lights on some easier missions both for fun and to train up some of my rookies and pilots who are not strait 10-ers.

Though even if this is the BT FAQ I am not sure if I am right here with my question, but does the background of the MechWarriors for hire have any relevance or is it just extra flavour?
The text is mostly background fluff only, but the tags can affect random events, ect.

Is there a way to do "easier" missions once you've gotten to the free and clear sandbox part? I haven't had a chance to really test (darn work) but I'm hoping there's a way to start using mediums and lights on some easier missions both for fun and to train up some of my rookies and pilots who are not strait 10-ers.
Depends on how much easier. You can fly to planets with a lower difficulty rating using the starmap, and contracts will populate on them when you get there.

Screenshot Save Location

WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes

MAC: Users\\Library\Application Support\Harebrained Schemes\BattleTech
On my Windows PC, the screenshot folder is <Steam install folder>\userdata\<my steam id>\760\remote\637090\screenshots.

Also, save files are located in <Steam install folder>\userdata\<my steam id>\637090\remote\C0\SGS1

I cannot move mechs from storage to mech bays, there is nothing for me to Ready to move to bay button
Are you looking at a completed mech or a part? You need to collect 3 parts of a mech before Yang can assemble it into a usable mech.

Mech parts that need additional parts before they can be assembled:
2018-05-06_1121_1.jpg
A completed mech in storage, able to be readied:
2018-05-06_1120_1.jpg

On my Windows PC, the screenshot folder is <Steam install folder>\userdata\<my steam id>\760\remote\637090\screenshots.

Also, save files are located in <Steam install folder>\userdata\<my steam id>\637090\remote\C0\SGS1
That's correct for Steam generated screenshots, but not the "left crtl + k" screenshots that are 4k.

I'm asking this question because I am not sure, so bare with me. When we're playing solo mode are we playing it on our own PC or are we playing it on a server? I've seen some things that indicate the latter and I wanted to be sure. If we are playing the game on a server, I'll have to use WTFast for better performance since I'm playing from the Philippines. To do that, I need to know the server's city location so I can manually set up my routing to the game that offers the best latency/ping. I'd appreciate some insight on this from TPTB. Thank you.

I'm asking this question because I am not sure, so bare with me. When we're playing solo mode are we playing it on our own PC or are we playing it on a server? I've seen some things that indicate the latter and I wanted to be sure. If we are playing the game on a server, I'll have to use WTFast for better performance since I'm playing from the Philippines. To do that, I need to know the server's city location so I can manually set up my routing to the game that offers the best latency/ping. I'd appreciate some insight on this from TPTB. Thank you.

When you are playing the campaign, you are playing it locally on your computer. You do not need a network connection to play the campaign.

I don't think you need a network connection to play skirmish against the AI, but I haven't tried it.

You need a network connection to play skirmish against another human, but even then the game itself is being played on your computers, not a central server, and the game on each computer is communicating back and forth without a central server.

When you are playing the campaign, you are playing it locally on your computer. You do not need a network connection to play the campaign.

I don't think you need a network connection to play skirmish against the AI, but I haven't tried it.

You need a network connection to play skirmish against another human, but even then the game itself is being played on your computers, not a central server, and the game on each computer is communicating back and forth without a central server.

Okay, I just wanted to make sure that was the case. I guess the FPS drops I'm seeing and the pause just before an enemy 'Mechs destruction is in the game itself. Not sure what the cause of that would be though. Thanks for your answer to my question, I do appreciate it.

Okay, I just wanted to make sure that was the case. I guess the FPS drops I'm seeing and the pause just before an enemy 'Mechs destruction is in the game itself. Not sure what the cause of that would be though. Thanks for your answer to my question, I do appreciate it.

Not sure about the FPS drops, but the "hitch" between damage and the destruction animation is almost certainly a change in the mech model needing to happen in order for it to follow different physics and also to allow for additional effects to happen.

Not sure about the FPS drops, but the "hitch" between damage and the destruction animation is almost certainly a change in the mech model needing to happen in order for it to follow different physics and also to allow for additional effects to happen.

They may want to work on that then. It's a second or two pause that causes concern. I've had my machine lock up before the last patch when that happened after 3 consecutive enemy destruction. I've dropped shadows and bloom down to low (I shouldn't have too since I'm running a 1070 card) and no V-sync either.

They may want to work on that then. It's a second or two pause that causes concern. I've had my machine lock up before the last patch when that happened after 3 consecutive enemy destruction. I've dropped shadows and bloom down to low (I shouldn't have too since I'm running a 1070 card) and no V-sync either.

That's bizarre. I have a laptop with a 1060 and haven't had any system lockups. I've had 2 game crashes total and both occurred (in different campaigns) when transitioning from the salvage acceptance screen (when you click the button to accept the auto-assigned salvage) back to the Argo.

I've seen a lot of the hitches when you blow off a part in some particular way or when the mech pauses between being killed and actually toppling over.