• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In that case I will go with Rome II based on the two teasers we have so far. EU: Rome II has been demanded for many years, and Johan is the "eu guy". Victoria III isn't plausible since the director would have been another and they already confirmed it wasn't going to be announced.

Why do you say that?
Because EU: Rome II is a game many fans have been looking forward to for a long time, to the point that Johan has even been wearing t-shirts with it at repeated occasions. As for being the "eu guy", he said that in his own words following the Stellaris announcement when explaining the teasers for that game.

Because EU: Rome II is a game many fans have been looking forward to for a long time, to the point that Johan has even been wearing t-shirts with it at repeated occasions. As for being the "eu guy", he said that in his own words following the Stellaris announcement when explaining the teasers for that game.

Oh dang. Hmmmmmm... that DOES make sense...

Gonna repost this from another thread:

Correct me if I'm wrong - my pds knowledge is poor, but wasn't Johan transferred to this project midway through its development? Making it less likely "being the Eu guy" is a factor in what the game is?

Also - about the shirts - might the title "Rome 2" ensure pds receives some lawyer letters from CA/Sega over TW:Rome 2?

It makes a lot of sense that Johan would totro with a Romans go home shirt knowing he would deliver the game some time later, although I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be called eurome 2 but it'll be reborned in a new series

Correct me if I'm wrong - my pds knowledge is poor, but wasn't Johan transferred to this project midway through its development? Making it less likely "being the Eu guy" is a factor in what the game is?
Difficult to say when Johan started getting involved based upon the information we have. While he was Game Director for EU4 until DDRJake took over, we can suppose he had a major role in this game too prior to that, if anything as designer.
Also - about the shirts - might the title "Rome 2" ensure pds receives some lawyer letters from CA/Sega over TW:Rome 2?
EU: Rome II can not possibly in any way be claimed by CA/Sega.

I think the best of two worlds between Rome 2 and a new IP would be a Grand Strategy game set in ancient times, optimally with a random map. This would allow to dodge historical problems, like Roman dominance throught most of the timeline and allow to mix and match traits and events from ancient cultures for maximum gameplay. Holding my breath till the announcement, cant wait to see what Pdox has come up with!

You had me untill random map, that would be a big turn off for me.

Ideal starting date for me would be 310bc. The setup in the middle East would be fantastic with seleuced, Ptolemy, antigonus, lysemachus and Cassandre all fighting for Alexander's legacy. Rome is in the middle of the Samnite wars and hasn't even conquored the Etruscans so I'm not really afraid for Romans dominance every game

At PDXCon on Sunday, there is a "Grand Strategy Panel". As panelist, Chris King is listed, with title "Game Director".
Afaik he's not Game Director of any announced game. So if Johan is Game Director of this game, then there must be (at leat) two PDS games in the pipeline, with one being announced at PDXCon and the other one ... who knows ... maybe at PDXCon 2019 :)

Afaik he's not Game Director of any announced game. So if Johan is Game Director of this game, then there must be (at leat) two PDS games in the pipeline, with one being announced at PDXCon and the other one ... who knows ... maybe at PDXCon 2019 :)
Yes, it was stated a few years ago that there are multiple games in development. Titus, Tiberius etc.