• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I believe the appropriate expresson is: crunch time.

A 4-way civil war? If Germany can't even handle a two-front war, how is the USA supposed to survive on all 4 fronts :eek:? Some dire times seem to be ahead of the USA, if not for Canada.

I believe the appropriate expresson is: crunch time.
Or rather hammer time.
A 4-way civil war? If Germany can't even handle a two-front war, how is the USA supposed to survive on all 4 fronts :eek:? Some dire times seem to be ahead of the USA, if not for Canada.
It is in these times of need, real heroes step up to crush a petty rebellion.

Will Canada intervene. It seems to me they could easily dow and take out the csa then the psa, leaving the us to finish off the rest

Will Canada intervene. It seems to me they could easily dow and take out the csa then the psa, leaving the us to finish off the rest
At this point, Canada was really low on manpower (0) due to the Liberal Dissent idea, but they still could try.

Episode IV: Olympus has fallen
Episode IV: Olympus has fallen
1st of March – 14th of June 1937
Almost everyone of the King’s cabinet was now present in the room. Prime Minister Bennett was the first one to speak out loudly.

“Your Majesty, I think we should already start. Every second is of vital importance. We can’t wait on the head of MI6 to arrive.” Bennett said.

“All right then, let’s get started. First of all, I’d like to discuss the status of the seized US territories,” minister of Foreign Affairs Anthony Eden said, “the people of New England feel betrayed because we didn’t grant them independence.”

“I’ve spoken about this with President Curtis. I’ve assured him that the occupation of New England is temporary. But Alaska and the Panama Canal are too valuable to give up. I’ve made this loud and clear to the President. We may negotiate with the Americans after the war on a military alliance in return of some of their territories.” King Edward VIII said.

Then suddenly the door to the meeting room opened and the head of MI6 entered.

“Ah how wonderful that you could join us Mr Churchill, albeit late.” Bennett said.

For the first time since the Weltkrieg, the King and the cabinet had asked Winston Churchill for help. His political career had ended abruptly after the failure of Gallipoli and the victory of the Central Powers in the war. Instead of continuing his post as First Lord of the Admiralty, he had stepped down and had withdrawn from any public office. Following the syndicalist takeover in Britain in 1925, Churchill had fled to Canada with his family and most of the British intelligentsia. There he had resumed his career, this time in the Secret Intelligence Service, an organization which was formed under the big umbrella of the Admiralty before the Weltkrieg. Churchill, who had many contacts in the Navy and the offices of the Admiralty, had quickly worked his way up to the position of director. Many of his agents had served under him in the war and knew Gallipoli was not his incompetence, but rather of the leading officers who still lay dead in Ottoman soil.

PSaXFa3.jpg

“Your Royal Highness, Mr Prime Minister, I’m sorry for my being late, but traffic was really horrible this time of day. I presume you have started the meeting without me.” Churchill said in an eloquent manner. “As to the nature of this meeting, I have one thing to say. Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning.”

“You’re as eloquent as ever, my good old chap.” Eden replied. “Let’s get right into business.”

“Right, pessimism is not of the order here. While many view the American Civil War as a threat to our Empire, I see it as an opportunity to reclaim our Home Islands.” Churchill replied.

“What do you mean by that? How could the war ever be something good for our Empire? If the syndicalists win, we might as well capitulate to them on the day they eventually will declare war on us!” Bennett cried out.

“But the syndicalists won’t win, they never even had a chance, you see. I’ve been preparing MI6 for this day since I got promoted to director. Together with my loyal friends in the Royal Navy, I’ve come up with a plan. We’ve seen this a lot with these civil wars and I presume the American Civil War will be just the same, a lot of foreign volunteers will arrive in two or three weeks. Also volunteers from the Union of Britain.” Churchill said.

“And what do these volunteers have to do with us?” Bennett asked.

“Well, some of them might be actual soldiers and hold vital information if we ever were to set foot on the Home Islands again. If we were able to capture them, we have a head start in our coming war.” Churchill revealed.

In the following hours, a secret plan was drawn and went immediately into effect. Winston Churchill now went back home with the difficult task of explaining his wife why he had to leave so quickly.

In the meanwhile south of the border, the war was not going in favour of the US, not at all. Military experts predicted Washington DC to fall to the CSA in the coming months. In the beginning of April 1937, some American divisions, together with a volunteer tank division from Canada, were holding out in the capital. They were able to also take Baltimore for a brief period of time, but by the 10th of June, Washington DC had fallen into syndicalist hands. Luckily, partly due to the presence of Canadian volunteers, all important politicians were able to embark on a US Navy ship which was now heading towards Texas. Four days later, on the 14th of June 1937, President Curtis suffered another heart attack and died, probably due to the loss of their capital and the hasty evacuation. General McArthur took over the office of President and was now the most important person in the US government.

pr4BAB2.png

In a bold move, McArthur shifted all focus on the south in the fight against the AUS. If he could take them out fast, the entire army could be focussed on the syndicalists. McArthur had high hopes for this tactic, as he was counting on something. Something which was about to happen in Canada…
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is maybe one of the most important chapters of the entire story. Churchill is back! I liked introducing him into the Kaiserreich mod as he was nowhere to be found except for an event where you send him as a foreign minister to Russia. In this playthrough, he'll play a way more important role.

Last edited:
Send the signal. Winston is back!

I guess even in an alternative history/universe, there will always be a Winny Churchill - or at least in any universe you create ;).

Send the signal. Winston is back!
Haha maybe this can be made into a submod where you can have him as a Minister of Intellegence or something.
I guess even in an alternative history/universe, there will always be a Winny Churchill - or at least in any universe you create ;).
You know me too well :p

Episode V: To Atlanta we march
Episode V: To Atlanta we march
9th of August – 30th of September 1937
It was in the Summer of 1937 and McArthur’s army was now spearheading towards Atlanta, the capital of the American Union State. One wrong move and thousands of young soldiers could be encircled in hostile territory.

CHjsVjd.png

On the 9th of August, Atlanta fell into US hands, but an encirclement was still very much possible. Long was able to escape to Miami, but the army which took Atlanta, went immediately into pursuit. In the meanwhile, their situation became uncertain, as they were cut of from the main battle group.

1P5Lb9a.png

Luckily for the soldiers, they were able to make a run for it. On the 19th of August, Union troops took back Atlanta, but by then the US divisions were long gone. Uncontested by any Union troops, they arrived safely in Florida on the 17th of September, establishing a small presence in the state bordering the Gulf of Mexico.

8U57b2K.png

On the 23rd of September, the thing McArthur was hoping for happened. Canada formally declared war on the Pacific States of America. He now was sure that King Edward VIII had received his memo from a couple of months ago, asking for his support. An end to the war with the PSA would mean that the US would have a stronger backup plan if the syndicalists decided to start an offensive towards the provisional government in Denver.

wubxWA0.png

With almost no PSA troops defending their border with Canada, the Canadian invasion force quickly advanced. By the end of September, Seattle was already taken. This was the breath McArthur needed in the American Civil War. And he really needed it, because the syndicalists were slowly advancing towards Denver…

tvUnIni.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I apologize if any of you expected a longer chapter, but I tried to compensate that by adding more screenshots. I also apologize for my friend's incompetent strategy of sending soldiers to die, as mentioned earlier, he was quite new to HoI4 at the time. He thought that just taking Atlanta would end the war in the south. That's also one of the main reasons why I decided to intervene in the PSA, with also an opportunity for me to take some of the land. But rest assured, this is maybe the only chapter which is so short. All my future ones are again full of story and action.

Last edited:
Canada against the PSA? That is unexpected, but exactly the sort of opportunity one sometimes has to take.

Being cut off from the rest of the army isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as you're able to get a port somewhere and have enough divisions to hold the enemy back until you can retreat them from the coast, nothing is really lost. Going down to the narrow peninsula of Florida was definitely a good decision in that regard.

Canada against the PSA? That is unexpected, but exactly the sort of opportunity one sometimes has to take.
Well, you could argue that Canada has historical claims in the area.
Being cut off from the rest of the army isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as you're able to get a port somewhere and have enough divisions to hold the enemy back until you can retreat them from the coast, nothing is really lost. Going down to the narrow peninsula of Florida was definitely a good decision in that regard.
Well, let's say that a lot of divisions lost their lives due to my friend's tactics.

Episode VI: One down, two to go
Episode VI: One down, two to go
1st of October – 31st of December 1937
The Canadian offensive on the West Coast continued. With Seattle already taken in September, the road was now clear for further advancements. By the end of October, the Canadian army was able to encircle a major part of the PSA army. The road towards Sacramento, the capital, was now open.

aBGJhLE.png

In the meantime, the US army was now really close to Atlanta. The end of the war in the south was in sight. Huey Long was already preparing to flee to the Caribbean with a small group of loyalists. What he would do there, is a mystery to both his enemies and his closest friends.

TjGYFL7.png

On the 7th of November, Canadian cavalry took Sacramento, next stop, San Francisco! On the 10th, the same cavalry unit arrived in the San Francisco bay. There was no time to stop and visit Alcatraz, time was of the outmost importance now. As soon as they arrived, they left for Los Angeles. Just before midnight on the 18th of November, the cavalry arrived in the city of Hollywood, Los Angeles. The end of the war with the PSA was now imminent. However, PSA remnant held out in San Diego and the army now also had to deal with incursions in Northern California. The PSA were not going down without a fight. But on the 28th of November 1937, the PSA capitulated. In the Treaty of San Diego, the land was now divided between Canada and the US. In return for their effort in the war, Canada was given control of Columbia, with the important port of Seattle. The US took the rest.

Hupgle0.png

The Canadian army now returned to the east, where they would prepare for the next step in the plan. The reintegration of the Pacific States into the US gave them a boost to national unity and naval ports, vital for the supply of equipment and troops. In their war against the Union, the US was again on the doorstep of Atlanta. They also created an encirclement in Florida, where the divisions which came from Atlanta a long time ago held Miami and the rest of the army cut off the north.

zlNVnLL.png

In the meanwhile, the Canadian army was back on the border with the CSA. Preparations for the coming war were now top priority. Mr Churchill, head of MI6, held a briefing with some of the army officers, who would be on the frontline.

“Gentlemen, you will recognize British nationals by the Union of Britain flag on their shoulders. Shoot to wound, not to kill on these boys. It is of vital importance that we catch as many British volunteers as possible. Top priority goes to high ranking officers, who would be able to provide a lot of intel on our Home Islands.” Churchill said.

“Understood Sir.” The officers replied all simultaneously.

“Combined with the intelligence our spies in Britain and Ireland have gathered, this would give us a head start in the War of Homecoming. The King has done right by trusting you with this very important task. Now, you are all dismissed.” Churchill said while he smiled.

The military plans were all drawn, the country was being prepared for war. Talks with McArthur were started about the future of Northern America after the Civil War. Once more, the future looked bright for both the Kingdom of Canada and the United States of America.

KXP7W43.png

The Canadian intervention is beginning to show its benefits for both countries. I'm really looking forward to sharing the next two chapters with you guys. Almost everything thus far has been leading up to them. For any of you who are looking forward to more Winston Churchill, let me say that the best is yet to come.

Last edited:
Ahh, time to make the Syndicalists begin to pay.

If the Union falls, so will the Syndicalists when confronted with a three-way front. They will never be able to hold. Will the Canadians get even more territory now?

Ahh, time to make the Syndicalists begin to pay.
This is just a prelude to the global war against syndicalism.
If the Union falls, so will the Syndicalists when confronted with a three-way front. They will never be able to hold. Will the Canadians get even more territory now?
Territory is not the only thing one can gain from a victorious war.

Episode VII: End of the Beginning
Episode VII: End of the Beginning
(
cs0EgZL.png
)

1st of January – 3rd of June 1938
By mid-January, Atlanta was back in US army hands. Huey Long and his goons fled to Charlotte and set up their government there. But the syndicalists were close to taking Charlotte, Long was now on his last breath and he couldn’t flee forever. On the 10th of February, Canada and the US held combined naval exercises of the American Coast, as a preparation for the Canadian entry into the war against the CSA. On the 22nd of February 1938, the Kingdom of Canada declared war on the Combined Syndicates of America. On the 1st of March, Canadian troops entered New York City. They were welcomed by the citizens, who had replaced all syndicalist flags with the US flag.

YzU7wm7.png

Lieutenant Alexander Coleville, who had joined the Civil War as a volunteer from the Union of Britain, was holding out in City Hall with a couple of other soldiers. They had heard from others that Canadian troops were about to arrive and that they better flee or they would be killed. But Alexander was stubborn and ordered his troops to prepare for battle. Alexander had joined this war because he hoped it would make his grandmother proud. Ever since his parents died in the Revolution of ’25, she took care of him. But she was of the old order and didn’t like Alexander’s naïve enthusiasm for the Union of Britain. Alexander had always suspected his grandmother of listening to the King’s propaganda on Radio Dublin, which was being broadcasted from private owned radio stations in Ireland.

Alexander and his soldiers now had barricaded the entrance to the building and were waiting to shoot on whoever would enter. Suddenly, a tank drove through the door and Canadian soldiers entered the building, covered by heavy machinegun fire. Alexander and his American friends were overwhelmed by this sudden attack. Not long after they entered, Alexander was hit by a bullet in his shoulder. His fellow soldiers were now either all dead, or captured. Alexander saw the pointlessness in the situation and surrendered. The Canadian troops were with too many and had too much fire power compared to them.

On the 5th of March, Philadelphia was also liberated. As in New York, people cheered and welcomed the Canadian army with American flags. It was always suspected that the East Coast cities didn’t really support the syndicalist cause. On the 24th of March, the American Union State capitulated, when Charlotte was taken by the US army. Unfortunately, Huey Long was able to flee to Cuba, with a considerable amount of Minute Men. In the Treaty of Charlotte, the terms of peace were discussed. Obviously, the US took back all the territory controlled by the AUS. McArthur was now advancing into the CSA with two armies, one in the west and one in the south, all the while, Canada was invading from the north.

zgNZSaH.png

On the 7th of May, Canadian troops started engaging CSA troops on the outskirts of Washington DC. On the 26th of May, Canadians crossed the border into Detroit. The first real CSA stronghold was taken. The syndicalists were now in full retreat. On the 2nd of June, an isolated Canadian tank division was able to take Chicago, the CSA capital. Military Police soon arrived and arrested Jack Reed and the other syndicalist leaders. On the 3rd of June, the CSA capitulated and the Second American Civil War was over.

Head of MI6, Winston Churchill, commented on the matter: “Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.” The question now was how the Kingdom of Canada and the United States would negotiate their cooperation with each other, now that the US no longer needed Canadian help, but Canada still needed the help of the US for their future War of Homecoming.

Very exciting times. A battle in the war against syndicalism has been won, but the war is far from over yet. We haven't seen the last of Huey Long yet (little spoiler for you there) and US-Canadian relations are not set on stone as they have much to discuss in a coming agreement.

Last edited: