Lowest Playable Spec (Challenge!)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zavia

Sexy!
1 Badges
Sep 7, 2012
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
Right, so I got BT working on my Dell Latitude E7440.

Takes a while(A WHILE) to load games and like 3 mins for new menus(its faster after loading once) but it plays well. I do lose 50% of some animations, usually the start, and the game goes at a steady 6-8 FPS which is fine for a TBS. 2/6 Medium 1/3 Low settings. AA enabled, Trees, reflection, Shadow on Low.

So I was wondering, who else is running BT on low specs successfully? Do post here.
Requirement: Not meet atleast ONE of Steam's minimum spec.

Mine are:
Intel Core i5 (4th Gen) 4300U / 1.9 GHz, DualCore, 3MB Cache
4GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM
Intel HD Graphics 4400
Windows 8.1
DirectX 11

For reference, Steam MINIMUM Requirements:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2105 or AMD® Phenom™ II X3 720
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX 560 Ti or AMD® ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 (1 GB VRAM)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 30 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9 sound device
  • Additional Notes: Multiplayer is compatible between Windows and Mac versions.

-------

Devs, do you guys have like an option where the menus are are static background instead of animating shifting their weight while I decide stuff? Do consider it. :D

Interesting. Curiouser, and Curiouser.

I had read many times that some of our other esteemed Mechwarriors had been intending to run this on a "Potato" (their words). But I didnt catch brand specifics of said potato.

I await further info for when others ask what can run the game so I have an answer.

Interesting. Curiouser, and Curiouser.
I had read many times that some of our other esteemed Mechwarriors had been intending to run this on a "Potato" (their words). But I didnt catch brand specifics of said potato.
I await further info for when others ask what can run the game so I have an answer.
Why would they intentionally do that? I'd kill for my first 'virgin' playthru to be on my own desktop (i work overseas) at MAX SETTING for all the lovely lovely terrain and effects and non-jerky animation when I stomp the vehicles in glee and estac... uh, yea, you know?

I also think the devs may be interested in such a thread, tho unsure how they can extract concrete value from it.
Still, lets see who will win the HBS:BT POTATO AWARD!

finishedCouchPotatoAward-e13328584964881.jpg

(potato award not included)

I am running this on my laptop because I can't afford a real gaming rig yet...

Intel N3539 2.16 GHz
4 GB Ram
Win 10 64 bit
No dedicated GPU
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-N3530-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4300U/m11468vsm4996
Is this correct?
I have 2 core and lower mhz, but apparently my architecture is superior, so ur in the lead for the potato award!
Not my main rig (which is a gaming laptop that can run this no problem), but I can run the game pretty smoothly (on low at 1440x900) with this:
I'm not so familiar with macs, i take it your graphics is internal?

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-N3530-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4300U/m11468vsm4996
Is this correct?
I have 2 core and lower mhz, but apparently my architecture is superior, so ur in the lead for the potato award!

I'm not so familiar with macs, i take it your graphics is internal?

That is it! My friend bought this laptop 2 or 3 years ago (Lenovo Yoga 2, I believe?) and recently got herself a new one and give me this one so I could work from home. Since the game works on my husband's desktop without a dedicated GPU, I thought I would try on my laptop... it takes half an hour to load a single skirmish or campaign battle, but so far it runs and does not crash!

That is it! My friend bought this laptop 2 or 3 years ago (Lenovo Yoga 2, I believe?) and recently got herself a new one and give me this one so I could work from home. Since the game works on my husband's desktop without a dedicated GPU, I thought I would try on my laptop... it takes half an hour to load a single skirmish or campaign battle, but so far it runs and does not crash!
Mines like from 2014, company issued.
How is a 3 yr old laptop having that cpu???

Mine froze on a desert map once but only graphically(sound indicated its still functional) but that half hour thing is real.
Was almost finishing a mission then my company-locked AV decided to start the weekly scan... o man, gg.

Mines like from 2014, company issued.
How is a 3 yr old laptop having that cpu???

Mine froze on a desert map once but only graphically(sound indicated its still functional) but that half hour thing is real.
Was almost finishing a mission then my company-locked AV decided to start the weekly scan... o man, gg.

Well, this is one of those weird laptops that folds into a tablet, kind of? I don't know if she bought it new or used. It is a bit odd, but it works well enough for browsing the net, doing my job, compiling notes for my tabletop games, and getting onto Second Life. Which is pretty much good enough for me!

Well, this is one of those weird laptops that folds into a tablet, kind of? I don't know if she bought it new or used. It is a bit odd, but it works well enough for browsing the net, doing my job, compiling notes for my tabletop games, and getting onto Second Life. Which is pretty much good enough for me!
ah one of those. Amazing it can run! Whats next, on a windows smartphone?

The game is very strange. From what I can tell, pretty much anything that isnt AMD will run Battletech but if you have an AMD system you are a bit stuffed.

It runs perfectly fine on my 5-6yo AMD FX-8350 with a Radeon R9 290, why do you think it wouldn't?

Wow, you guys have me beat. I thought I was running this on a potato.

Nvidia Geforce 920m
Intel i5-4210U
8GB RAM

.... But some of you guys running this on the old Intel HD-series integrated graphics are next-level. I don't even know what root vegetables to compare those setups to.

.... But some of you guys running this on the old Intel HD-series integrated graphics are next-level. I don't even know what root vegetables to compare those setups to.

A heritage potato :D

(It's great that people can somehow run it on these systems, gives me hope of playing on my notebook while traveling - graphics not a priority, being able to play is!)

A friend is running the game on the following:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20GHz
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M
RAM 16 GB

That's still probably stronger than most examples already in this thread, but when I first heard of it I was surprised that the mobile version of GeForce (which were notoriously bad) was able to run it.

Wow, the tech guy who I have upgrading my rig (stole it back from family :D), said I just need to upgrade my graphics card and power supply.. lol.. Had that computer built in 2011. Ohh buggers, guess Im gonna have to save for a really good rig for the next game:(