The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It feels like we're nearing a climax for Anders and Angela finding concrete evidence. Doesn't necessarily mean things will end well...

The array certainly looks like something straight out of a movie, but that movie isn't Jurassic Park. Seems more fitting for a spy movie. :p
Maybe I'll mention in a cultural update that a Bond movie was filmed there at one point.:D
It feels like we're nearing a climax for Anders and Angela finding concrete evidence. Doesn't necessarily mean things will end well...
Well...we haven't found Annie yet.;)

Edit: This might be a bit late, but don't forget to vote in the ACAs! While it is close to ending, it's still a great chance to get your favorite AARs the recognition they deserve.:)

Maybe I'll mention in a cultural update that a Bond movie was filmed there at one point.:D
I think Goldeneye would be a good choice since I think the climax of the movie took place in an array.:D

What would the James Bond movies and books (yes, James Bond books exist and were the source materials for the movies) would be like in TTL, particularly the Daniel Craig and Pierce Brosnan ones?

Also what would Inglorious Bastards and other Quinton Tarantino movies be like here?

While I’m at it, even through I’m sure the Metal Gear Soild games would mostly be the same (expect maybe the “Patriots” would be renamed to the “Ceasars” (because we can’t have the conspiracy organization be named the Kaisers can we.:p That or they remain as “the Philosophers” unlike OTL because it sounds cool.) I still curious about the differences from OTL since I think someone mentioned Metal Gear in the thread awhile ago. I’m just wondering what MGS3 and MGS5: The Phantom Pain, would be like here since 3 was set in the Cold War in OTL and 5 would be set during WW3 in TTL if I remember the timeline correctly.

Last edited:
I think Goldeneye would be a good choice since I think the climax of the movie took place in an array.:D
That would be just epic.
What would the James Bond movies and books (yes, James Bond books exist and were the source materials for the movies) would be like in TTL, particularly the Daniel Craig and Pierce Brosnan ones?
I already mentioned a Joachim Bauer a few times in previous cultural updates, but I never went into specifics. The books would be the same as the real ones, but there would be movies centered around the RAF and World War III.
Also what would Inglorious Bastards and other Quinton Tarantino movies be like here?
Basterds (I think that's how they spelled it, because of obvious profanity reasons) would be similar to the real movie, only there would also be Muslim characters in addition to Jewish ones, and they'd all go fight the Angeloi, culminating in the assassination of Angelos and his entire cabinet.
While I’m at it, even through I’m sure the Metal Gear Soild games would mostly be the same (expect maybe the “Patriots” would be renamed to the “Ceasars” (because we can’t have the conspiracy organization be named the Kaisers can we.:p That or they remain as “the Philosophers” unlike OTL because it sounds cool.) I still curious about the differences from OTL since I think someone mentioned Metal Gear in the thread awhile ago. I’m just wondering what MGS3 and MGS5: The Phantom Pain, would be like here since 3 was set in the Cold War in OTL and 5 would be set during WW3 in TTL if I remember the timeline correctly.
I haven't played Metal Gear Solid, but I'd guess the "Patriots" would remain the "Philosophers." I think I talked about MGS3 before, but the gist of it is that it would be mostly the same (though Volgin would be more inspired by Valentin). MGS5: The Phantom Pain would instead take place in the Occupied Territories during World War III.
Better yet, have the actual array mysteriously sabotaged by an exploding pen. :p
It's always exploding pens, isn't it?:p

Contact, Part 3

Imperial Naval Observatory, Galata District, Constantinople – 3:45 PM

Dr. Troisky looked at the print-out from Anders’ computer, while Angela sat across from him at his desk, waiting for his opinion.

“Looks like the ‘wow’ signal,” he said.

“The ‘wow’ signal?” Angela said.

“IU Seville has a radio telescope that conducts electronic searches for extraterrestrial intelligence,” Troisky said, “In August 1977, my buddy, Dieter Ehman, found a transmission on the print-out like this. He was so excited he wrote ‘wow’ in the margins.”

“What was it?” Angela asked.

Troisky took off his glasses and stood. “A signal about thirty times stronger than galactic background noise. It came through on the twenty-one centimeter frequency which no satellite transmitters are allowed to use. The signal was intermittent like Morse code. More importantly, the signal seemed to turn itself on while in the telescope’s beam. The ‘Wow’ signal is the best evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence. But this... this is better. Where did you get this?”

“Maybe you can tell me,” Angela said, “Is that from IU Seville?”

He looked at it and shook his head. “Can’t tell. There are a few nickel-and-dime SADI projects around. IU Tel Aviv has one. The Planetary Society has one in the Pandidakterion and in a few locations in Neurhomania. RANA was working out of one in, uh... in Arabia and the Canaries.”

Angela sighed.

Angela’s office – 4:10 PM

Angela dumped another stack of papers on her desk and sat down. As she pulled another one off the pile, she put on her headphones and loaded Anders’ tape into her Walkman. A long monologue from Anders about the Voyager program followed over the next two minutes as she read through dozens of airline passenger manifests, looking for someone that could be Anders.

“If you’re listening, Angie, I’ve gone to search for the truth,” Anders said, just before the tape cut off.

Angela took off her headphones and sighed. Anders was always so paranoid. She took another manifest and started reading the list of passengers:

"AIRLINE PASSENGER MANIFEST ORG: Constantinople - Lisboa, West-Lus. – Tenerife, Canary Islands SWI HNA TCA # 184 28 AUG

1. Alves, Paul

2. Anglin, Daniel

3. Burkard, Sylvia

4. Berreman, Xinh

5. Brunhild, Sarah

6. Braun, Kathryn

7. Carstensen, Tere

8. Celio, Gail

9. Chen, Cedric

10. Dietersen, Hayden

11. Dietersen, Lori

12. Erickson, Virgo

13. Friedrich, Garn

14. Giannini, Jodi

15. Gompf, Jan

16. Gonzalez, Pat

17. Geister, Joseph

18. Wolfgang, Karl

19. Wolfgang, Elisabeth

20. Haller, Georg

21. Heinrich, Anders

22. Heinrich, Melissa

23. Halle, Leoben

24. Halle, Rachel

25. Hofmann, Elika"

Her finger traced down the list and then went back up to “Haller, Georg.” She knew at once it was Anders.

“Found you,” she said.

Canary Islands

Anders pulled off the sheet and turned on the last machine, listening as it beeped and ran initial boot-up diagnostics. Jorge walked around, looking at the machines and watching the rain pouring hard outside, while Anders sat and looked at Makarios’ print-out. Anders took out his tape recorder.

“The signal from 0614, Tuesday,” he said, “The narrow band and exact matching of the antenna pattern indicates that it originated from beyond lunar distance. But the same message is trans...”

Anders pushed a red button, and the machine beeped twice. Anders immediately spun around and ran over, waving his arms.

“No, Jorge!” he shouted. “Don’t touch the red button! Nein-het auf der rautt.”

Jorge nodded and backed away.

“Thanks,” Anders said.

He turned back to the print-out as thunder boomed outside. He spoke into the recorder.

“The same message was transmitted four hours later on a wide band...” Anders said. “Which puts its point of origin very close... just miles away from...”

The reel player in the back turned on by itself, and Anders stood, watching as it started playing the Voyager transmission again. Jorge had a look of fear on his face, backing away as the Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 played, while a scratchy and rough voice spoke out.

“I send greetings on behalf of the people of our planet,” Kurt Waldheim said.

“Það er það!” Jorge shouted. “Þeir hafa komið aftur!”

“Jorge, it’s just a tape machine,” Anders said.

Jorge grabbed his arms. “Við förum! Við förum strax, takk!”

“Where are we going to go?” Anders said. “There’s a storm outside anyways.”

Suddenly, the playback turned into a high-pitched ringing noise so loud and piercing that Anders and Jorge covered their ears. Jorge backed away towards the door, while Anders moved towards the machine.

“You can’t be afraid, Jorge!” Anders said.

He reached the machine and turned it off. He turned around and found the door open. Jorge had run outside. Anders grabbed his flashlight and ran after him.

“Jorge!” he shouted over the roar of the wind, rain, and thunder. “Jorge! Jorge! Jorge!”

As he walked forward, something caught his eye. He spun to the left and found Jorge leaning against a tree, his arms raised and face scrunched and completely terrified.

“Jorge?” Anders said. “You okay?”

Anders touched Jorge’s arm, and he fell over like a stiff statue. He was dead.

Heinrich the Navigator International Airport, Lisboa, West Lusitania – 5:47 PM

“...please proceed immediately to Gate 16,” a woman on the PA system said, “Vinsamlegast haltu áfram strax til hliðar 16.”

Angela, sitting on a bench, folded up her copy of Die Zeiten. She took out her compact and pretended to be applying makeup. In her mirror, she looked at the people behind her, seeing if anybody was following her. Seeing no one, she closed it and put it away. Getting up, she walked to another part of the terminal. A couple watched her. The man signaled in her direction when she disappeared from view, and they walked after her. Angela looked back at them, and they looked away from her. She turned around and walked past them, going to a payphone. She dialed Anders’ apartment, knowing Holtzman and Petersen were listening.

“Hello,” Anders said on the answering machine, “This is Anders Humboldt, please leave a message after the beep. Or not.” Beep

“PI 519,” she said, “7:05. 9:50.”

That was for Pan-Imperial Flight 519 to New Berlin, not to Tenerife. Hopefully the RSB agents would take the bait and head to Neurhomania, not the Canary Islands. She hung up and looked at a kebab stand. The owner folded down the glass cover to the front. In the reflection, Angela saw the couple watching her. She sighed and made another call.

“At the tone, Imperial Standard Time will be 5:47 and forty seconds,” the message said.

There was a tone. The two agents were still seated.

“Attention, passengers,” the woman on the PA said, “Flight 1535 is now boarding at gate two.”

As hundreds of passengers streamed through the terminal, the agents stood up and approached the payphones, only to find Angela had vanished. The woman looked at the man.

“Relax, we know where she’s going...” the man said, “New Berlin. Pan-Im Flight 519. It leaves at five after seven. Gate’s in the other terminal.”

They walked away. On the upper level, Angela leaned over the railing watching them. When she was sure they were gone, she walked over to the ticket booth for Lufthansa.

“I’d like a ticket on the 6:30 flight to Tenerife,” she said, “I’ll pay cash.”

Poor Jorge. It seems like it's just a bad idea to be friends with Anders or Angela.

Poor Jorge. It seems like it's just a bad idea to be friends with Anders or Angela.
Their plot armor seems to require everybody else to suffer to keep them alive.:p
I’m now wondering what kind of Eimerican (Mexican most likely) food would replace kebab in the Remove [REDACTED] memes, Tacos maybe?:p
Tacos might work, if they existed. Maybe guacamoles?:D

Actually, Wikipedia states that the people of the Valley of Mexico ate Tacos before Spain arrived and colonized Mexico, so I think Tacos would still exist here and be used for the Remove [REDACTED] memes along with guacamoles interchangeably.:p
Yeah, but they wouldn't be called tacos. And I'm not sure if "Remove tlaxcalli" would sound good as a meme.

Yeah, but they wouldn't be called tacos. And I'm not sure if "Remove tlaxcalli" would sound good as a meme.
That reminds me, since you mentioned Burger King still existing here as ¨Burg Kaiser¨, I´m wondering if the other fast food brands like McDonald's and KFC still exist, particularly if any Romans whenever they eat TTL´s equivalent of KFC would notice this oddity?:p
Desktop1.jpg

Also are there really brands of ¨Cola Bier¨ (which I think you mentioned as the replacement for Coca Cola in the 80s cultural update) that are just carbonated beer because that name still confuses me and I´m wondering what kids and teens would drink then for soft drinks?:confused:

Last edited:
That reminds me, since you mentioned Burger King still existing here as ¨Burg Kaiser¨, I´m wondering if the other fast food brands like McDonald's and KFC still exist, particularly if any Romans whenever they eat TTL´s equivalent of KFC would notice this oddity?:p
I have no idea what kind of oddity you're talking about, but I might just go the Kaiserreich meme route and have Himmler found KFC. Not sure about McDonald's though.:p
Also are there really brands of ¨Cola Bier¨ (which I think you mentioned as the replacement for Coca Cola in the 80s cultural update) that are just carbonated beer because that name still confuses me and I´m wondering what kids and teens would drink then for soft drinks?
I don't think there would be a brand of Cola Bier that is just carbonated beer, because there's already plenty of real beer for people to drink.:D

Contact, Part 4

Canary Islands – 10:30 PM

Anders dragged Jorge’s body to the back of the room and hauled him onto a table. He took out his recorder and started speaking.

“The day is...” he panted. “No, the time is 10:30. Although not a qualified pathologist, I will record my observations of the body in case at some future time, decomposition should obscure forensic evidence.”

He walked around the table. “The subject, perhaps victim... is a Hispanian Norse male, undetermined age, probably late 40s. There are no overt external injuries apparent. There are no indications of any lightning strikes – take note, Angie. No singeing of the air or burns of any kind. There are no... there are no puncture wounds due to needles or probes commonly associated with cases of alien abduction.”

He stopped walking. “The subject was discovered in standing position. Rigor mortis had already set in, a little less than half an hour had elapsed. The skin is strikingly affected by goose flesh. The body shows signs of intense cadaveric spasm. The expression reflects...”

He leaned in and looked at Jorge’s face. “Mein Gott, Angie. It’s like he’s frightened to death.”

He walked away from the body and towards the print-outs. “Again, Angie, you want nothing but the evidence... and again, no evidence at all. The print-outs received in the transmission indicate contact with another lifeform, and yet I cannot see them. Even if I could see them, would they really be there? How do I know this isn’t some classified military satellite, like Sentinel? These transmissions are from the Voyager, for God’s sake. Could extraterrestrials really have intercepted them? Or is this just some elaborate joke played on those who want to believe?”

He tossed the print-out over his shoulder and sat down on the desk. “I was sent here by one of those people. Uncle Hans told me to ‘Trust no one’. And that’s hard, Angie... suspecting everyone, everything. It wears you down. You even begin to doubt what you know is the truth. Before, I could only trust myself. Now, I can only trust you, not even your dad or Schulz... and they’ve taken you away from me. My life to this point has been about seeing Annie again. To see who took her. But what would I do if they really came?”

He looked over at Jorge just as the room started rumbling and rattling.

“Well, that’s just convenient,” he said, stopping the recorder and setting it on a table.

The recorder started moving on the table. Windows shattered and flasks broke against the floor. Red and blue lights flashed through the door window, and the high-pitched ringing returned, filling the room. The printer spewed out pages of information. The reel player started, its voice elongated and deep.

“Hans…said… ‘Trust…no…one…’… Hans…said… ‘Trust…no…one…’… Hans…said… ‘Trust…no…one…’… Hans…said… ‘Trust…no…one…’… Hans…said… ‘Trust…no…one…’… Hans…said… ‘Trust…no…one…’… Hans…said… ‘Trust…no…one…’… Hans…said… ‘Trust…no…one…’… Hans…said… ‘Trust…no…one…’…

Anders rewound his tape recorder and played it. “I was sent here by one of those people. Uncle Hans said ‘Trust no one’.”

“Trust no one,” the reel player repeated.

The door flung open, and wind rushed in.

“NO!” Anders shouted.

He ran to the door and bolted it shut. He pushed a machine in front of the door and it fell, ripping the plug out of the wall and sending sparks flying around him. He backed up and knocked down a table, glancing at Jorge’s body. The ringing and the lights subsided, while the wind grew louder. As he approached the door, a bright light shone in his face. The lock unbolted itself, and the machine flew out from in front of the door. Anders ran to his bag and drew his gun. The doorknob slowly turned, and the door swung open. Anders aimed his gun and pulled the trigger, but it jammed. He took out his clip and put it back in. When he looked back at the door, he saw a familiar not quite human silhouette standing in the light, which engulfed the room.

“WHERE’S ANNIE?!” he screamed.

One of his pens exploded.

August 30, 1994, 6:30 AM

A light shone in Anders’ eyes, which he slowly opened. Adjusting to the light, his eyes focused on Angela’s face. She stood over him, shining a flashlight in his eyes. She sighed with relief.

“I thought you were dead, Anders,” she said, “It’s me, Angie. Do you know where you are?”

Angela grabbed his wrist and helped him get to his feet. Anders put his hands on her shoulders.

“They were here, Angie,” he said, “The ones who took Annie. They were here.”

He reached for the tape recorder and pointed to the print-outs. “On the tapes... the tape. Evidence. Proof. And the transmissions, it’s all here.”

“Proof of what?” Angela said.

“Contact,” Anders said, “And these print-outs... it’s here. And the man...”

He overturned a table to reveal Jorge’s body. “We have to examine the body. There’ll be much more proof.”

At that moment, the ground rumbled. Anders’ ears perked up.
“Are they back?” Angela said.

“No, this isn’t it,” Anders said, pulling out binoculars.

He saw an army van driving towards the array and ran back inside.

“It’s the Blue Berets Containment Team,” Anders said, “They’ll kill us. Help me with the body.”

“Anders, are you crazy?!” Angela said. “We’re never going to get the body out of this room, let alone through two airports and downtown Constantinople!”

Understanding Angela’s logic, Anders grabbed the print-outs and started gathering them up, but Angela grabbed his arm.

“Anders, leave it,” she said, “Evidence is worthless if you’re dead!”

Anders threw down the paper and took the reel. They ran out just as the truck reached the array. As the soldiers got out, with the familiar face of Colonel Heidelberg among them, Angela led Anders to her car and got in, Angela speeding away as fast as they could. Colonel Heidelberg gestured to his soldiers at the car.

“You know the drill,” Heidelberg said.

Angela jammed the accelerator as the soldiers opened fire with their assault rifles. Anders ducked down, cradling the reel in his bag, as the bullets pinged off the car. He swore he heard Angela muttering something about Vienna under her breath.

“Why do I always have to drive being pursued by soldiers trying to kill me?” she said.

Fortunately, after a few seconds, she turned a corner and left the line of fire. Heidelberg turned back to his soldiers and waved his hands.

“Hold your fire!” he ordered.

The soldiers stopped firing.

“Get that truck to the bottom of the hill,” Heidelberg ordered. “Move, come on, soldiers, move!”

They got back into their van as Angela sped through branches and foliage and jumped over small hills in the road, crashing down a few feet later. As the military van raced down behind them, Angela’s car jolted in a diagonal path as it raced down a downward slope, swerving out onto a dirt road. She jerked the wheel, and they went flying over a log. Anders looked behind him and saw the approaching van.

“Angie…” he said.

“I’m on it,” Angela said, loading a tape into the stereo.

As Michael Joachim’s “Beat It” blared, she twisted the wheel to the left, making a very sharp left down another short hill before swerving right onto another gravel path, gunning the accelerator as much as she could. Anders looked behind, seeing the van stopping at the top of the hill. Heidelberg got out of the car and watched them drive off, absolutely furious.

“DAMN IT!” he shouted, loud enough for them to hear.

Angela smiled. She turned around and stuck her arm out the window, flipping him off.

“I missed this,” she said.

Erich’s office, Omar Mukhtar Building, Constantinople – August 31, 1994, 9:00 AM

Anders shifted in his seat, watching Erich closely. The assistant director nervously looked at the smoking man, standing and smoking by the window as usual. Then he got up and walked around his desk towards Anders.

“Agent Humboldt, you left your offsite set-up,” Erich said, “Another brick agent had to cover your ass. The entire surveillance, all the months of work on this case, gone.”

He walked away and then turned around. “Just like you, gone. This has four-bagger all over it, Humboldt. Censure, transfer, suspension, probation. You’re lucky I’m not recommending your immediate termination.”

“I understand that leaving my assignment warrants disciplinary action and I’m willing to accept those measures,” Anders calmly said, “But…”

Erich raised his eyebrows. “But?”

“But I had enough on that surveillance to arrest those suspects,” Anders said, “After three days, I could have nailed them on forty counts of bank fraud—I even turned in the evidence, you can check with the relevant offices—but you just left me there, Uncle. I’m surprised you even noticed I was gone, let alone wiretap my phone... an illegal procedure without a court order.”

Erich looked at the smoking man in shock. “Wiretap?!” he said. “You wiretapped him?”

The smoking man shrugged and stubbed out his cigarette in his ashtray. He walked over to where Anders sat.

“Your time is over,” he said, “And you leave with nothing.”

Erich sighed. “Get out.”

Anders looked at Erich, who stared at the smoking man, who stared back at Anders.

Erich turned to the smoking man. “I said get the hell out!”

The smoking man looked at Erich in shock. “Do you know who I am? You’re telling me to—”

“You heard what I said, and I’ve got a hotline to the Director,” Erich said, “You heard me.”

Erich continued glaring at him. After a few tense seconds, the smoking man took out a cigarette and put it in his mouth, lighting it. He then silently walked out.

Erich turned back to Anders and sat down. “Report back to your assignment.”

“A minute ago, I was a four-bagger,” Anders said, “Do you want me to make the arrests?”

“I think we need more to go on,” Erich said. “Continue the surveillance.”

Anders walked out. As he thought about his narrow brush with being fired, his phone rang. He picked it up.

“Yeah, Humboldt,” he said.

“Her Humboldt, I will make this brief,” the mysterious contact said, “Success in your current assignment is imperative.”

“Who am I speaking to?” Anders asked.

“Are you hearing me, Herr Humboldt?” the mysterious contact said.

“Yeah, why’s it imperative?” Anders asked.

“Reinstatement of the X-Division must be undeniable.” The mysterious contact hung up.

Anders awkwardly hung up.

Wiretap #5A21147, Langstrasse Motel – 10:00 AM

Angela sat down at Anders’ desk and took out the tape reel from the array. She loaded it into the wiretap machine and pressed play. Nothing came out.

“What?” Anders said. “It should be right here.”

He rewound the tape and pressed play again. Nothing played.

“The entire tape is blank,” he said, taking it out, “Scheiße. Must’ve been the exploding pen.”

“You know, an electrical surge in the outlet the storm may have degaussed everything, erasing the entire tape,” Angela said, “You still have nothing.”

Anders stood up and adjusted the player. “I may not have the X-Division, Angie, but I still have my work. I may not have Annie, but I’ve still got you. And I still have myself.”

He put on his headphones and pressed play.

“Well, what’s the difference between a lap dance and a table dance?”

“A lap dance, they’re all over you.”

“A lap dance cost what? All right, all right. Tell me the best spot. Where?”

Angela got up and left, looking back at Anders for a couple seconds. Anders looked at her. Then she turned and walked out the door.

“Paramount. But you got to spend money.”

“I’m there.”

“Wednesday.”

“She dancing?”

“No, we’ll go Wednesday. That’s amateur night.”

“Amateur night. Nice touch.”

“They’re not really amateurs but there are some differences. They mean the audience when they say amateurs.”

Anders put the reel back in the player.

“Yeah, you sure?”

“If you don’t mind spending a little money. The girls are all over you.”

Anders rewound the tape again and pressed play. He heard nothing.

I carefully read you and realized that you, apparently, did not use the converter, but did everything yourself. Those, and the Roman Reich, and Eimerika, and everything else - you created it by modifying the source mod files. So, can you teach me how to do this? I would very much like to make such megacampanies for personal use. Or on this forum there is a guide, how to do it?

I carefully read you and realized that you, apparently, did not use the converter, but did everything yourself. Those, and the Roman Reich, and Eimerika, and everything else - you created it by modifying the source mod files. So, can you teach me how to do this? I would very much like to make such megacampanies for personal use. Or on this forum there is a guide, how to do it?
Well, I took a look at the converter, and it only worked for games started in vanilla HOI3, last I checked. Plus it was out of date, and Simsulla had put it at the bottom of his priorities.

If you have a programming background, I wrote a program which copied over the province ownership information from my last Victoria 2 save file into my mod files. The province maps are roughly the same, but a lot of provinces regardless were moved/added/split, so I had to manually fix the rest, not to mention make the changes HOI3 made (one of the reasons the map didn't change much in HOI3 and from "vanilla" NWO in some places). Furthermore, the program I wrote was hardcoded to my specific file directories and save files, not to mention a lot of my code made assumptions (in assigning province ownership) that meant it would only work for the setup in my save file. I'm sure you could write something like that, if you have the background of course (and I think it can still be done even without writing a program), but that's not even talking about the cultural demographics, populations, religions, economies, governments, reforms, army/navy names and locations, generals/admirals, diplomatic relations, and a bunch of other stuff I had to manually fix before I even started work on modifiers, events, and decisions. If you're willing to put in several months of work for that, though, go ahead. But I have to apologize, because there is no guide, and I had very few instructions. Most of this was just done by hand. Personally, I'd recommend against doing a NWO megacampaign because of the time required to set it up, unless you want to make an AAR. Perhaps you could ask @Idhrendur (who works on the converters) about creating one for NWO, though I think he's quite busy at this point.

Hope this helps!:)

Ooh, someone pushing against the shady smoking man. I bet he's not used to that, after so long in control.

Well, I took a look at the converter, and it only worked for games started in vanilla HOI3, last I checked. Plus it was out of date, and Simsulla had put it at the bottom of his priorities.

If you have a programming background, I wrote a program which copied over the province ownership information from my last Victoria 2 save file into my mod files. The province maps are roughly the same, but a lot of provinces regardless were moved/added/split, so I had to manually fix the rest, not to mention make the changes HOI3 made (one of the reasons the map didn't change much in HOI3 and from "vanilla" NWO in some places). Furthermore, the program I wrote was hardcoded to my specific file directories and save files, not to mention a lot of my code made assumptions (in assigning province ownership) that meant it would only work for the setup in my save file. I'm sure you could write something like that, if you have the background of course (and I think it can still be done even without writing a program), but that's not even talking about the cultural demographics, populations, religions, economies, governments, reforms, army/navy names and locations, generals/admirals, diplomatic relations, and a bunch of other stuff I had to manually fix before I even started work on modifiers, events, and decisions. If you're willing to put in several months of work for that, though, go ahead. But I have to apologize, because there is no guide, and I had very few instructions. Most of this was just done by hand. Personally, I'd recommend against doing a NWO megacampaign because of the time required to set it up, unless you want to make an AAR. Perhaps you could ask @Idhrendur (who works on the converters) about creating one for NWO, though I think he's quite busy at this point.

Hope this helps!:)

Sadly, I'm far too busy with my existing projects to even think of adding more. But I'd be more than happy to provide advice/existing code to any programmers who wanted to try. Or even to non-programmers willing to learn programming to try.

Ooh, someone pushing against the shady smoking man. I bet he's not used to that, after so long in control.
He's not. That doesn't mean he's not going to push back, though.;)

It's always exploding pens, isn't it?:p
Seems like that’s what happened in this update.:p
I have no idea what kind of oddity you're talking about, but I might just go the Kaiserreich meme route and have Himmler found KFC. Not sure about McDonald's though.:p
Where you not able to see the picture I attached there or are you just trolling me for the memes?:eek: In either case, I was referring to how Colonel Sanders looked a lot like Trotsky before his death.:D I will say, between Hitlier as Disney, Stalin as Ecumenical Patariach, and Mussolini remaining as a jonuralist, Himmler founding a fast food brand is the weirdest change of them all! But I suppose he could just breed a bunch of chicken.:p
Makes me wonder who took Himmler’s place in either the Angeloi or Rasas since most of OTL’s Nazis like Goring or Speer joined the Angeloi?:eek:

Also would there be strategy games for WW2 and WW3 in TTL because I´m wondering how strategy games involving the Reich would work considering how powerful it is?

Last edited: