• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Still cannot launch New Campaign, getting the black loading screen and then crash with sound. Tried all the fixes, found on the third party sites that actually acknowledge the issue, and still no go. Even tried it on a brand new rig i had just built for someone, same issue.

No patience for a fail launch, looking into refund from Steam.

Last edited:
Still cannot launch New Campaign, getting the black loading screen and then crash with sound. Tried all the fixes, found on the third party sites that actually acknowledge the issue, and still no go. Even tried it on a brand new rig i had just built for someone, same issue.

No patience for a fail launch, looking into refund from Steam.

Same issue and I agree the lack of communication concerning this problem is aggravating. If you spent more than two hours trying to fix Battletech (like I did) Steam won't give you a refund. When I explained the circumstances, I was directed to Paradox who told me to get it from Steam, lol.

Three days, completely unable to play the game. Not even an acknowledgement from Paradox or HBS that this issue is being resolved. Can't get my money back. This industry sucks.

Played for 27 hours so far over the last couple of days without any problems at all.

Saved and quit last night and went to launch the game today through steam and now i just keep getting "oops your game crashed"............

Well, [Mod Edit: Language] but god damn that is extremely frustrating, hope their is a fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a solution (not necessarily a good one) for backers that insist on having a mech that they feel was promised is to offer them a free mod/dlc that adds it to their game if enabled. Perhaps add it to their mechs in storage on the ship. Of course this will ruin the balance of the campaign game if they actually use it early on but it should be the backer's option to do so or not.

Played for 27 hours so far over the last couple of days without any problems at all.

Saved and quit last night and went to launch the game today through steam and now i just keep getting "oops your game crashed"............

Well, [Mod Edit: Language] but god damn that is extremely frustrating, hope their is a fix.
I am currently experiencing the same. Worked fine yesterday, but now the game is crashing on launch. Checking he output_log yield several invalid address access.

I am currently experiencing the same. Worked fine yesterday, but now the game is crashing on launch. Checking he output_log yield several invalid address access.

I got a fix for it Dregre, just update your GPU driver again, there seems to be a new one released by Nvidia. someone else mentioned it to me earlier and it worked straight away again once done

It was working pretty good for me. Then after updating to most recent nvidia driver, supposedly optimised for Battletech, I get Win 10 sudden shut down.
Tried the beta update via GOG. Still get the same problem. If it helps it was the orange biome ( desert? ) Not sure if that is relevant. :0/

Game was running fine, with no issues. Last night, crashed after the Argo mission, when finalizing the rebuild of a damaged Vindicator. Now it's claiming there's some flaw in UNITY crashing the game... AND OTHER GAMES THAT USE UNITY.

It was working pretty good for me. Then after updating to most recent nvidia driver, supposedly optimised for Battletech, I get Win 10 sudden shut down.
This doesn't reassure me. As my current attempt to fix MY problem involves updating to that driver. (Apr 25 NVidia)

Stuck at this screen after hitting "new campaign":
View attachment 360831
I don'T care about logging in into paradox server, I just want to play the campaign
I was able to play the 1st campaign, and beat it, but I get this same thing after "continue" after it shows me my mission stats etc. In other words, same issue but for campaign #2,.. it never gets past this screen except to a black one (no text in the corner) after a little glitchy sound (but music continues). I've replicated it 8 or 9 times and have doen the "upgrade" to Beta 1.01 as people suggested,.. but I get the same issue. I have no such problems with skirmish mode but I want to continue the campaign!

game is fine tell 3 years later ..... now I knew I was going to have problems because the game wants 8 gigs and 1 gig video card , and I have only 6 gigs and 1 gig card and / sigh:( / its Radeon . Poodo Card I know , but Why the huge usage on the ship? This makes no mind of logic , Window driven interface takes more then 3d rendered models in 3d inviro , WTF? And why Why WHY .

Greetings MechWarriors.
Please report bugs/issues/crashes in the >>>BATTLETECH Bug Reports<<< subforum.

This is where you will be able to get help for problems encountered.
Thank you
Timaeus

Game was running fine, with no issues. Last night, crashed after the Argo mission, when finalizing the rebuild of a damaged Vindicator. Now it's claiming there's some flaw in UNITY crashing the game... AND OTHER GAMES THAT USE UNITY.

Resolved:
Reboot.
Reboot.
Video Driver Update.
Reboot.
-Functions.

I have no idea how I got to where I did, and then had UNITY crash (which broke many games), to have this 'fix' it... but it's working right now. *shrug*

Greetings MechWarriors.
Please report bugs/issues/crashes in the >>>BATTLETECH Bug Reports<<< subforum.

This is where you will be able to get help for problems encountered.
Thank you
Timaeus

Sry but it's not true... Out of Discussions:827 there are only 20 ! replys.
Dont get me wrong but thats not how it should be.This 0 info politics should get ya guys a mass Refund .
Ofc its not going to happen but it should.

Last edited:
The post you're citing above is from 2017 and NOT two years before in 2015 when we originally sent in our $50 based on the Kickstarter rewards description as stated at that time. That later explanation was made long after the fact. And I also might point out that the multiplayer mode was subsequently curtailed to be almost pointless, so making that variant only available to that mode is disingenuous at best and dishonest at worst.

I already have talked to customer support, and they are refusing to work with us. It's take it or leave it. So this feels exactly like a PGI-type screw job. Seems that Jordan Weisman's business ethics are no better than Russ Bullock's. No more upfront money to HBS ever again then since the company obviously has no problem lying to its backers and squelching on delivery of certain promised rewards.

Can't trust anybody these days to live up to their obligations.

Sorry dude but you're the one that made the mistake, not HBS.

You failed to read everything before making your purchase. I've done it before too, nothing to be ashamed of. The fact that your crusading around steam, kickstarter, and now the forums is not helping your cause. If you truly have a problem then email support and get your money back.

For crying out loud, you're whining about 1 mech that you can EASILY get by just playing the damn game...

Sry but it's not true... Out of Discussions:827 there are only 20 ! replys.
Dont get me wrong but thats not how it should be.This 0 info politics should get ya guys a mass Refund .
Ofc its not going to happen but it should.
Take the issues to the bug report forum. That is where they are handled. Not this thread.