• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, let me remind you that the RN used the Exocet on the type 22. Hopefully you're not suggesting that if the type 22 ever fired them they will be trying to surrender. :p
A missile commissioned into the Royal Navy would not dare surrender in the face of the enemy. It would explode like a gentleman.

Nevertheless, firing a torpedo that hits your own ship is more like an act of surrender, since it's virtually an act of scuttling!
On the contrary, it takes an incredible amount of courage to fire a torpedo at one's self. Some might argue too much, but I couldn't possibly comment.

A missile commissioned into the Royal Navy would not dare surrender in the face of the enemy. It would explode like a gentleman.

You seem to be excluding all other armed forces that also use the Exocet, expecially the one that terrorized the entire British task force with just 5 of those fine French missiles.

On the contrary, it takes an incredible amount of courage to fire a torpedo at one's self. Some might argue too much, but I couldn't possibly comment.

If the torpedo is fired at one's self intentionally, your point is true. If not.... :p:D

It would explode like a gentleman.

Wow, I never know that British gentlemen explode. Care to demonstrate? :p

Last edited:
As author I think I am allowed to bring this back to life and I have the ridiculous optimism to hope that some people may feel the need to comment on it.

After being reminded it exists I've pulled it up from the depths and added some threadmarks to help those wish to read a French Narrative AAR with (I hope) some interesting twists in it. Way back in 28/7/09 this got a Character Writer of the Week award so may well repay your reading efforts.

As author I think I am allowed to bring this back to life and I have the ridiculous optimism to hope that some people may feel the need to comment on it.

After being reminded it exists I've pulled it up from the depths and added some threadmarks to help those wish to read a French Narrative AAR with (I hope) some interesting twists in it. Way back in 28/7/09 this got a Character Writer of the Week award so may well repay your reading efforts.
Still on my Watch List :)

I almost feel like I'm back at Uni with just how much reading I have to do on these boards...

As a reader (just looked through this today) and now commenter I think I am allowed to ask why it lapsed when and where it did. ;):p

Are we now to discover how far was the fall and whether there was a bounce? And what kind of dystopian current world it is being narrated from?

A French AAR by El Pip??? Mon Dieu, what has the world come to....
I can understand your surprise. I was surprised by it at the time and I remain so to this day.

Still on my Watch List :)
A man of taste and discretion.

The one and only question I'll ask is: will it be updated Butterfly-ly or can we hope to see more French Pipness? ;)
I do want to come back to this, but I know I cannot keep 3 AARs going so I am going to have to get Inevitable Defeat finished before we return to French narrative.

I almost feel like I'm back at Uni with just how much reading I have to do on these boards...
I agree entirely. There are a great many excellent works out there demanding to be read, far too many of them remain stuck on my "to read later" list.

As a reader (just looked through this today) and now commenter I think I am allowed to ask why it lapsed when and where it did. ;):p

Are we now to discover how far was the fall and whether there was a bounce? And what kind of dystopian current world it is being narrated from?
I can actually remember why it lapsed. I was knocking this out while doing overnight tunnel inspections, so my sleep pattern was out of sync with the rest of the world and I had nice runs of free time to write. At a guess I stopped doing the inspections and so had less time to write?

I have mislaid the save file for this, but I have notes and I know how the current world fits together. The Fall, subsequent events and the state of the current world (dystopian or otherwise) will be revealed when this recommences in *mumble, mumble*

I have mislaid the save file for this, but I have notes and I know how the current world fits together. The Fall, subsequent events and the state of the current world (dystopian or otherwise) will be revealed when this recommences in *mumble, mumble*

Sorry, that last bit came in broken and stupid. Say again? :D:D

I think it was something like “the spring of 2023 (or perhaps later), when Inevitable Defeat may (or may not) have finished.” :D

No repeats in El Pip AARs. All brand new content, all the time. :D

I think it was something like “the spring of 2023 (or perhaps later), when Inevitable Defeat may (or may not) have finished.” :D
To take a comment from Butterfly, it will certainly be before the next pitch drop. Is that precise enough for you?

To take a comment from Butterfly, it will certainly be before the next pitch drop. Is that precise enough for you?
No precision required - mystery is all good. When El Pip wills it. ;)

That is... in due curse, in the proper juncture, in the fullness of time, when the moment is ripe, when the necessary information has been gathered and the muses oblige...

Well said Sir Humphrey! :D

“That answer didn’t say anything at all!”

“Why thank you Minister!” :)

Another El Pip AAR that I never read way back when for whatever reason. Why didn't I read this the first time around? :confused: Well, I did now, so there's that.

Last edited: