Stellaris - [2.0.4b] [f368] Federation Fleets

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Arkon

Private
21 Badges
Apr 20, 2018
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Description
[2.0.4b] [f368] Federation Fleets

Game Version
[2.0.4b] [f368]

What version do you use?

Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
All of the above

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
This is my first time playing in a federation, so I don't know if this is a new bug to the 2.0.4 beta or a recurring issue.

When I am the leader of my Federation and therefore have control of the fleet the fleet manager does not recognize Federation designs. Normally I would just circumvent this by not using it. The bigger problem is that when leadership passes to the other federation member they retrofit all of the ships and/or get my designs destroyed and make new ones. With the fleet manager not recognizing the difference between personal and federation fleets and listing the proper designs I cannot retrofit them, or use the fleet manager in general.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Be leader of a Federation

Upload Attachment

Upvote 0
It can even get better. If no other federation member is powerful enough to get federation president after u, u will stay federation president for ever and Keep the fed fleet. If u then start to purify Pops and Anger ur federation members, they will kick u out of fed and u will take the federation fleet with u. Then u are outside of a federation and still have their federation fleet, which u can send against them in war.

Also as I reported here, there are severe issues with upgrading ships in a federation fleet. For non-auto designs, it always upgrades to the most recently updated design.

Federation fleets have not been thoroughly tested.

When I was last playing over the weekend in 2.0.4b they would show up in fleet manager when you were Federation president, but you couldn't actually add or retrofit any designs. Only see what was there and change numbers.

Also let me clarify that I could retrofit then into my empires personal design.

I tried this and it made them no longer be federation ships but my empires personal ships. I at the time had 350 Naval Cap of which I used 300. Then I retrofitted and had about 800 worth of ships. I've never seen 50k energy disappear so fast in my life. Lol

I would also ask to adress this issue. It is annoying as hell. I just play a game where I started a federation and I was the only one who actually bothered to build ships for federation fleet. When the leadership was passed on to the other member, a war started soon after, the dude lost most of the ships and when the leadership was passed byck on me again, I noticed that the AI changed the designs to some really crappy ones and I had no way to retrofit the ships back to my federation designs. If you click the retrofit button you only have options to retrofir the ships to your empire's designs and when you do so, the ships change ownership to your empire and no longer are considered federation ships. Also even when you don't use the ship designer, the federation fleet still has the "upgrade to newer design" button active and when you use it it again changes the ships to your empire's designs.

If there is not separate "Federation fleet manager" option coming, could we at least get a "Disallow AI to retrofit federation ships" button somewhere?

When I was federation leader I could change federation fleets however I wanted. But when ai became federation leader they would retrofit my entire beautiful fleet to what the ai through was optimal. So mass point-defence fleet it became. I cried when I saw my beautiful federation fleet two decades later. It was my pride and joy and was transformed by my allies into a joke. Cost an absolute fortune to retrofit again. And of course 10 years later when the leadership moved on they did the same bloody thing again. FFS.

I've also noticed the AI creating federation ship designs while I'm president, despite the fact that I've disabled my auto ship design function. Maybe that just doesn't apply to the federation designer?

Yeah, really starting to hate this issue. At this point the only reason I join a Fed is the League of non aligned powers so I can get the LBH Achievement (Been trying to get it forever now. Otherwise I tend to avoid them entirely because the Fed Fleet s just a pain to use. They REALLY need to fix Fed Fleets (and maybe do a federation rework in general) once Distant Stars comes out.

They REALLY need to fix Fed Fleets (and maybe do a federation rework in general) once Distant Stars comes out.
With all due respect (to you and to PDX in general) they should be fixing bugs now. Not after the next DLC, nor the one after that. Now. The game needs serious work, especially in regards to these new mechanics 2.0 introduced (Fleet Manager being the most egregious).

I've also noticed the AI creating federation ship designs while I'm president, despite the fact that I've disabled my auto ship design function. Maybe that just doesn't apply to the federation designer?

Federation Fleets have always done that they ignore the auto design setting your using. Hopefully in the future they fix the Federation Fleets, I had to mod in the ability to reinforce them using the Fleet Manager as it was getting really tiresome to replace the ships. I also had to mod it to where the AI never becomes President simply because its terrible at building the federation fleet and will not use your custom designs.

With all due respect (to you and to PDX in general) they should be fixing bugs now. Not after the next DLC, nor the one after that. Now. The game needs serious work, especially in regards to these new mechanics 2.0 introduced (Fleet Manager being the most egregious).
They are working on bugs now. There has been a couple of messages on different forums mentioning this, but it always seems in passing. They are working on it atm, but not doing a good job of informing the community about it or what bugs in particular they are focusing on. I believe that they are working on all the bugs they can find for the 2.1 Niven update. It would be inconceivable that they would make 2.1 and fail to fix the bugs while adding fresh content.