Mod Announcement: Going To Add All Missing Varients

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've also decided I'm going to add 4 new skirmish pilots to the game as well.
How about as well;

Shepherd: Multi-Target, Master Tactician
G: 6
P: 4
Gu: 1
T: 8

Balls: Bullwark, Master Tactician
G: 1
Gu: 6

Burns: Multi-Target, Juggernaut
Gu: 8
T: 1

Mastif: Evasive Movement, Juggernaut
P: 6
T: 4

Dice: Bulwark, Ace Pilot
P: 8

Raven: Sensor Lock, Ace Pilot
Gu: 4
T: 6

Chaos: Evasive Movement, Breaching Shot
G: 8

Hawkeye: Sensor Lock, Breaching Shot

Any chance these and those above could get added to the list of hireable pilots in the single player campaign?

For pilots too, one could always use MegaMek or RemLab to create random ones that are "Green" "Veteran" or "Elite" complete with random names. Unless they added some sort random pilot generator to use in this game.

How about as well;

Shepherd: Multi-Target, Master Tactician

Balls: Bullwark, Master Tactician

Burns: Multi-Target, Juggernaut
T: 1

Mastif: Evasive Movement, Juggernaut

Dice: Bulwark, Ace Pilot

Raven: Sensor Lock, Ace Pilot
Gu: 4

Chaos: Evasive Movement, Breaching Shot

Hawkeye: Sensor Lock, Breaching Shot

Any chance these and those above could get added to the list of hireable pilots in the single player campaign?

Honestly I'm trying to go light touch with what I add in the pilots department. I'm sure there are good balance reasons why you can't have a full team of ace pilots or Master Tacs in skirmish, i just wanted to round out the big holes in their roster, like not having a guy with Ace Pilot who can actually shoot. To be honest with you, I'd be willing to replace bandit with another set up, but I'd need a bit of justification for how the replacement adds a lot to the roster.

For the skirmish, I want to try out every possible combination of three abilities (12 combinations), to get a feel for what I want to try in the campaign. Obviously balancing them against the existing pilots would be unlikely to work at all, but they'd be balanced against each other and the 8/6/3/2 skill levels we saw in the stream technically ought to have one more ability.

I'd be inclined to not pick which of the two low skills to emphasize, so would lean towards 8/6/3/3. Seems like that would give a decent feel for the specializations. I might also try 6/6/6/5 pilots, since that seems to be as far as a generalist build could get with the same amount of XP as the 8/6/3/3.

Count me in on this, as well as some other light touch mod work ;)

I'm also interested in a deeper dive once Tuesday gets here.

the list I am working off of :

Light
Locust LCT-1E
Locust LCT-3V
Commando COM-1D
Commando COM-3A (this would have just come out in 3025 and would be pretty rare in this region)
Spider SDR-5D
Spider SDR-5K
Urbanmech UM-R60L
Firestarter FS9-K
Firestarter FS9-M
Jenner JR7-F

Medium
Cicada CDA-2B
Blackjack BJ-1DB
Blackjack BJ-1DC
Vindicator VND-1AA
Vindicator VND-1X
Centurion CN9-AH
Hunchback HBK-4H
Hunchback HBK-4J
Hunchback HBK-4N
Trebuchet TBT-5J
Trebuchet TBT-5S
Trebuchet TBT-7K
Shadow Hawk SHD-2K
Wolverine WVR-6M

Heavy
Dragon (Grand) DRG-1G (this would have just come out in 3025 and would be pretty rare in this region)
Dragon DRG-1C
Quickdraw QKD-4H
Catapult CPLT-A1
Catapult CPLT-C4
Jagermech JM6-B (this one isn't cannon, but I had to add it as a nod to Mechwarrior 2)
Cataphract CTF-2X
Black Knight BL-7-KNT-L
Orion ON1-VA

Assault
Awesome AWS-8R
Awesome AWS-8V
Victor VTR-9A
Victor VTR-9A1
Zeus ZEU-6T
Battlemaster BLR-1D
Battlemaster BLR-1S (this would have just come out in 3025 and would be pretty rare in this region)
Stalker STK-3H
Stalker STK-4N
Stalker STK-4P
Highlander HGN-733C
Banshee BNC-3Q
Banshee BNC-3S (This doesn't really come out until 3026 and would be pretty rare in this region)
Atlas AS7-RS

As the Firestarter FS9-A seemed to vanish prior to the 3025 era.

The Panther PNT 8Z also didn't seem to exist (though I may create this one, along with its special Larger Laser that has double heat). Could make for an entertaining opponent ;)

I don't see anything in the tables for the BJ-1X - so I held off on that one as well.

I also have plans for Variant Vehicles - but I haven't test run those (for the obvious reasons)

I used the 3028-3050 Random Assignment & Rarity Tables to figure out which 'Mechs I was going to add - and also the rarity of each.

I may go back and change the existing in game 'Mechs as well - but that would be quick work.

Last edited:
Count me in on this, as well as some other light touch mod work ;)

I'm also interested in a deeper dive once Tuesday gets here.

the list I am working off of :

Light
Locust LCT-1E
Locust LCT-3V
Commando COM-1D
Commando COM-3A (this would have just come out in 3025 and would be pretty rare in this region)
Spider SDR-5D
Spider SDR-5K
Urbanmech UM-R60L
Firestarter FS9-K
Firestarter FS9-M
Jenner JR7-F

Medium
Cicada CDA-2B
Blackjack BJ-1DB
Blackjack BJ-1DC
Vindicator VND-1AA
Vindicator VND-1X
Centurion CN9-AH
Hunchback HBK-4H
Hunchback HBK-4J
Hunchback HBK-4N
Trebuchet TBT-5J
Trebuchet TBT-5S
Trebuchet TBT-7K
Shadow Hawk SHD-2K
Wolverine WVR-6M

Heavy
Dragon (Grand) DRG-1G (this would have just come out in 3025 and would be pretty rare in this region)
Dragon DRG-1C
Quickdraw QKD-4H
Catapult CPLT-A1
Catapult CPLT-C4
Jagermech JM6-B (this one isn't cannon, but I had to add it as a nod to Mechwarrior 2)
Cataphract CTF-2X
Black Knight BL-7-KNT-L
Orion ON1-VA

Assault
Awesome AWS-8R
Awesome AWS-8V
Victor VTR-9A
Victor VTR-9A1
Zeus ZEU-6T
Battlemaster BLR-1D
Battlemaster BLR-1S (this would have just come out in 3025 and would be pretty rare in this region)
Stalker STK-3H
Stalker STK-4N
Stalker STK-4P
Highlander HGN-733C
Banshee BNC-3Q
Banshee BNC-3S (This doesn't really come out until 3026 and would be pretty rare in this region)
Atlas AS7-RS

As the Firestarter FS9-A seemed to vanish prior to the 3025 era.

The Panther PNT 8Z also didn't seem to exist (though I may create this one, along with its special Larger Laser that has double heat). Could make for an entertaining opponent ;)

I don't see anything in the tables for the BJ-1X - so I held off on that one as well.

I also have plans for Variant Vehicles - but I haven't test run those (for the obvious reasons)

I used the 3028-3050 Random Assignment & Rarity Tables to figure out which 'Mechs I was going to add - and also the rarity of each.

I may go back and change the existing in game 'Mechs as well - but that would be quick work.
The 6T Zeus is 3026 and the 2X Phract is 3027. However I did miss the commando 3A, and I'll be adding that too then.

Many thanks @Rhodium - I knew I should have checked these with @Sigil first ;)

Where did you find the details on the 2X being a 3027 model? As all I could find was that it was one of the original Prototypes - which to me made it sound like it was 3025.

Same for the Zeus 6T - I know it appeared post 3rd SSW - pre 4th SSW but couldn't find a specific date.

Where did you find the details on the 2X being a 3027 model? As all I could find was that it was one of the original Prototypes - which to me made it sound like it was 3025.

Same for the Zeus 6T - I know it appeared post 3rd SSW - pre 4th SSW but couldn't find a specific date.
The MUL lists those as the introduction dates for those mechs.

Many thanks @Rhodium - I knew I should have checked these with @Sigil first ;)

I go off of megamek files. I like to fool around in megameklab when building out upcoming MWO mechs and table top customs. I just happen to have all the canon mech files on my computer as a result, so i use them as an archive for production dates.

I go off of megamek files. I like to fool around in megameklab when building out upcoming MWO mechs and table top customs. I just happen to have all the canon mech files on my computer as a result, so i use them as an archive for production dates.

The MUL lists those as the introduction dates for those mechs.

Fair enough on both accounts ;)

I was just trying to find if there was a book source that I had missed somewhere .

and good to see you @Packrat :D

I had also debated adding in the Commando Blazing Inferno model (3028) as a nod to Crescent Hawks (and the 3028 TRO).

It's possible to make the Cataphract-4X as well - I intend to build any Mech with the available tech in-game and make it available for Skirmish, even if its out of the timeline - the more there are, the more useful it will be for folks to set up custom scenarios.

The one's I intend to add that require a little extra leg work or creation of custom weaponry (some I did get working Beta marked with B):

(B Partial) All Command Console Mechs (I tried creating a Command Console in Beta and give it an Initiative Bonus, but was having trouble with that)
(B) Victor 9A1 (Leg Mounted Machine Guns baby)
(B) Panther 8Z (needs new weapon, custom Tronel Large Laser with 2x No Cooling Jacket Quirk applied - this makes it run hotter than a PPC as it should)
(B) Panther 9ALAG (needs new engine)
Cataphract-2X "George" (needs new weapon, custom experimental NAIS Mk. III ER Large Laser prototype)
(B) UrbanMech R60 "Machine Gun" (needs half ton ammo boxes)
Zeus 6Y (needs new weapon, Binary Laser Cannon)

I'll probably come across more ideas as I go back through each Mechs technical readouts.

If anyone needs assistance when this releases on how to make Mechs with Leg Mounted weapons like the Victor 9A1 shoot me or @Lynx7725 a message.

I had also debated adding in the Commando Blazing Inferno model (3028) as a nod to Crescent Hawks (and the 3028 TRO).

That's possible. I think it would be fun to also create non-historical/non-canon/apocryphal packs as well based on games, Mech Commander, Crescent Hawks, or any other source. I remember the website Solaris7 used to have tons of custom stuff to filter through, but ever since the site went down and rebuilt all of that is gone.

Anyways, I built the Blazing Inferno in Solaris Skunk Werks so its possible, along with the other "Level 1" and "Level 2" modifications for the Locust, Commando, Wasp, and Stinger. I should switch over to MegaMek when I add in stuff and start saving stuff in there, but I rarely use customs in MegaMek. SSW is missing a bunch from the newer stuff from Technical Readout 3145.

Yeah, making the new LL for the Panther 8Z isn't too difficult - I have a file for the Weapon_Laser_LargeLaser_-1-Tronel that has a "-" mark instead of a "+" mark for the model. I had gone with the Rarity Table quirks description and increased the heat profile by +50%.

But, I had dropped it from my list because the TROs mentioned they were mostly refit (even back then) and the rarity tables have it as 'extinct' in the current 3025-ish era.

Though, I suppose the Periphery would be the place to find it :p

Last edited:
If you need a 3D/2D artist, let me know. I have some downtime in-between projects.

Well there probably will be lot's of vehicles and 'Mechs that may never be put in game by HBS over the life time of the game, since there are literally hundreds of things in Table Top. Really I guess it would be up to anyone like yourself to take a crack at stuff. I thought about trying to learn 3D Modeling myself, but I just don't have the time in RL right now to devote to it.