The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The more I read, the more convinced I become that this shadow organization is really incompetent. Anders managed to break inside and, while he got caught, you can easily argue he shouldn't even have made it that far. The alien sneaking out is even worse.
You could also apply that to the aliens, who seem to be really terrible drivers.:p

Reactions:
The whole stealth-cloaked alien wandering around and murdering people makes me think of Predator. Maybe they'll come across the remains with the head and spine plucked out and put on display as a trophy. :D

I´m seriously wondering when an Alien invasion of Earth or an AI uprising will happen at this point. They keep on doing shenanigans.:p

While I´m still on holy sites, I found discussions on page 21 of the Hoi3 AAR between you and spendabuck about Mecca and Medina after it fell to the Axis along with Muslims in general in TTL. I think its a good idea to add those to the supplementary cultural updates for more of a better picture for Muslims in TTL.:) Also I´m wondering how are the Muslims doing in the post Holocaust and WW2 era as well and how much things have changed for them since then.

Since I think you showed that the Cathedral at Cologne still exist, I think that the Notre Dame cathedral and other places of worship built during high medieval/Renaissance period would still exist here along with possibly more places of Worship being built during the renaissance because of the United Chritain church and Rome´s religious minorities.

Also would the Golden Gate bridge exist in TTL? I´m thinking that the Reich would build it in either Constantinople over the Borsphours or in Cario or Alexandria over the Nile river if it does exist.

Is there an equivalent to the Louvre here by the way?

Also how much of Timbuktu´s population was killed and the city was damaged in WW2 for the Malians not to move their capital back there and repair it at some point later because I´m still confused on how it got reduced to the medieval ruins in an insurgency so quickly for a modern city like you mentioned?:eek: I´m wondering what kind of tactics would destroy a big city and a capital like that completely. Also wasn´t Socotra once a major trade post for the Reich in the middle ages to the early modern area before it was bombed flat by carpet bombing in WW2? Was it repaired after the war since there were Romans living there?

Last edited:
The whole stealth-cloaked alien wandering around and murdering people makes me think of Predator. Maybe they'll come across the remains with the head and spine plucked out and put on display as a trophy. :D
That is, if the alien can actually find somewhere to put the trophy.:p
I´m seriously wondering when an Alien invasion of Earth or an AI uprising will happen at this point. They keep on doing shenanigans.:p
The aliens are busy at space driving school (and failing), while the AI is constantly suffering blue screens from Windows 94. I don't think we need to worry.:D
While I´m still on holy sites, I found discussions on page 21 of the Hoi3 AAR between you and spendabuck about Mecca and Medina after it fell to the Axis along with Muslims in general in TTL. I think its a good idea to add those to the supplementary cultural updates for more of a better picture for Muslims in TTL.:) Also I´m wondering how are the Muslims doing in the post Holocaust and WW2 era as well and how much things have changed for them since then.
I could do that. I'm also planning to talk about Muslim culture in the Reich in this story arc. Muslims will basically remain the equivalent of the Jewish people (who are their own equivalent), only without an Israel. While the Middle East is still overwhelmingly Jewish, a few have begun adopting Arabic names, and Arabs throughout the Reich (not to mention Muslims in Asia and Africa) have begun moving back to the Middle East. They're doing very well in the Reich. I think I will talk about a couple Arab/Muslim politicians in the Diet in the story arc, and I will post a follow-up for Aliya Hussein at some point.:)

Also, I'd like to ask you a question. I'm currently considering making the official name for this universe's Holocaust the "Nakba" to reflect the victims of the persecution being Muslims. Would that be a bit controversial, as it has a lot of meanings in real life (which I'd prefer we keep out of this thread)?
Since I think you showed that the Cathedral at Cologne still exist, I think that the Notre Dame cathedral and other places of worship built during high medieval/Renaissance period would still exist here along with possibly more places of Worship being built during the renaissance because of the United Chritain church and Rome´s religious minorities.
Notre Dame and a lot of High Gothic cathedrals (probably even Westminster Abbey too) would still exist, but they wouldn't be as popular as the Cologne Cathedral, the cathedrals down in Cordoba, and Orthodox churches like Hagia Sophia and the Jewish Temple of Solomon.
Also would the Golden Gate bridge exist in TTL? I´m thinking that the Reich would build it in either Constantinople over the Borsphours or in Cario or Alexandria over the Nile river if it does exist.
Living near San Francisco, it pains me to say there won't be an equivalent of the Golden Gate Bridge. I was thinking about making one over the Bosphorus the equivalent, but I've since replaced it with a simple highway (which will feature as I continue in this story arc). I might include an equivalent of the Brooklyn Bridge there though, to keep it in line with the New York equivalents.
Is there an equivalent to the Louvre here by the way?
I don't think I talked about it, but the Imperial Museum (which I could link back to the old Imperial Library) could become the equivalent of the Louvre. However, most of the artifacts from the Middle East (taken by colonizing powers in the 19th century and now being claimed back by Middle Eastern governments) would remain in Middle Eastern museums. Maybe there would be a similar museum in Baghdad.
Also how much of Timbuktu´s population was killed and the city was damaged in WW2 for the Malians not to move their capital back there and repair it at some point later because I´m still confused on how it got reduced to the medieval ruins in an insurgency so quickly for a modern city like you mentioned?:eek:
I haven't really been that specific about it, but while Timbuktu wasn't bombed back to the medieval period, it was still heavily bombed and then rebuilt. It should be comparable to a small city like Bamako in real life. I haven't moved Mali's capital back there in-game, but I think I'll mention in a later gameplay update the Mansa moved the capital back there.

However, to give you a sense of how badly bombed Timbuktu was, Indonesians are now the largest cultural group there (at least as of the 2010s or so) and will remain dominant until the end of the game. I don't know how that happened.:eek:
I´m wondering what kind of tactics would destroy a big city and a capital like that completely.
Well, repeated carpet bombing and firebombing tends to do that. Just look at the firebombing of Dresden. I think I used one of the pictures from the real firebombing in the intro.
Also wasn´t Socotra once a major trade post for the Reich in the middle ages to the early modern area before it was bombed flat by carpet bombing in WW2?
Yeah, it was bombed flat. I think people came back after the war, but it may or may not have exactly 0 pops in-game (I may have gotten it mixed up with my other 0 pop provinces caused by the unintended population decline)
Was it repaired after the war since there were Romans living there?
It was implied in-story that Romans returned to Socotra, though I need to get better at confirming that.

Also, I think I'll be posting the next update right now, as I might not have time tomorrow at the usual time.

Operation Falcon, Part 2

Heppenheim County Hospital – November 20, 1993, 11:42 PM

Dr. Oppenheim looked up from his desk and sighed again.

“I'm sorry, but unless you have a subpoena I can't discuss patient information,” he told Angela.

“Does that mean Jason Werner was your patient?” Angela asked.

“It means I have nothing more to say about this,” Dr. Oppenheim said.

“What about his wife and child?” Anders said. “Would you have anything to say to them? Because whoever got to you also got to her. They must have some pretty big threats. What did they hold over your head? Your medical license, the Taxation Bureau?”

“I hate equalists,” Dr. Oppenheim muttered, “Last I heard, we won the war.”

“Excuse me?” Angela said.

“The men who came in here,” Dr. Oppenheim said, “The way they pushed us all around.”

“Tell us about the deputy,” Anders said, “You saw him that night, didn't you?”

“Yes, and three others from the fire crew,” Dr. Oppenheim said, “They were all DOA with 5th and 6th degree burns over 90 percent of their bodies. Although they weren't like any burns I've ever seen. And they took the bodies away before we could perform any pathologies.”

“Did you note any cadaver acute heat rigor or heat stiffening?” Angela asked.

“Yes, actually there was quite a bit of heat inflection in the limbs,” Dr. Oppenheim said, “How do you know so much about it?”

“Doctor, in your opinion, could those burns have been caused by ionizing radiation?” Anders asked.

“Well, I hadn't thought...” Dr. Oppenheim said. “Um, I suppose it’s possible. If the exposure was significantly intense.”

“Thank you, sir,” Angela said, leading Anders down the hallway.

“But what if they come back?” Dr. Oppenheim asked.

“Call us,” Angela said.

As soon as they got out of hearing distance, Angela led Anders around the corner and stopped.

“Alright, let’s say those men died from radiation exposure,” Angela said, “Couldn't it have been from the cracked core of a nuclear warhead?”

“I've read about these kinds of burns, Angie,” Anders said.

“Yeah, so have I,” Angela said, “In Warsaw at Ground Zero. In Chernobyl seven years ago.”

“I'm talking about close encounter mortalities,” Anders said, “I have a stack of X-Division cases recording the same clinical results.”

“Anders, I don't claim to know all the answers, but if we don't make Freiburg’s inquest by tomorrow morning, there may not be any more X-Division,” Angela said.

Anders’ attention, however, had been diverted by the sudden commotion coming from paramedics and first responders as they brought in soldiers on stretchers. Each soldier had severe burns on their bodies. Behind them, Heidelberg followed with his staff, staring at Anders as he passed. Looking at each other, Anders and Angela followed Heidelberg and the wounded men to the emergency room, where Dr. Oppenheim checked on them, directing his personnel to get his equipment and medicine ready.

“Start an IV here stat,” he told one of his doctors.

Anders approached Heidelberg. “Tell us what happened out there,” he said.

Heidelberg rolled his eyes. “Whatever happened, Humboldt, it has nothing to do with you.”

“Wrong, Colonel,” Anders said, “We both want the same thing. Only you want it dead. Can't you see that chasing it down like an animal you leave it no choice but to defend itself with technology you can’t possibly comprehend? How many more people have to die before you rethink your approach?”

“Are we going to get anybody from ICU in here?” Dr. Oppenheim said. “We need help!”

“Listen to me,” Heidelberg said, lowering his voice, “Cause I'm not wasting another breath on this pointless conversation. If you and your partner aren't out of here in 30 seconds...”

“Agent Hansen stays right here,” Dr. Oppenheim interrupted, “We’re undermanned. She’s a doctor of medicine. She stays.”

“Doctor of medicine?” Anders joked. “I would’ve never—”

Angela punched him in the arm. “Not now!”

“If that’s okay with you,” Dr. Oppenheim said.

“Of course,” Angela said.

Heidelberg turned to Dr. Oppenheim. “Doctor, if you don’t mind, you just take care of my men and let me do my work, okay?”

“Outside this emergency room, you can do whatever you want,” Dr. Oppenheim said, “But in here I call the shots. Assuming of course, you want me to take care of your men.”

“I’ll scrub up,” Angela said.

Heidelberg paused for a moment before pointing at Anders. “Fine, but I still want this man to get out of my sight.”

Anders shrugged and left the emergency room.

Budget-Rest Motel – November 21, 1993, 12:23 AM

Anders got out of his car and approached Max’s trailer. He knocked on the door, but nobody answered him.

“Max?” he called. “Hey, Max?”

He found the door unlocked and entered the trailer, finding Max convulsing on the ground. As he ran over to hold him down, the convulsions subsided.

“Hey, Max,” Anders said.

“Who...who are you?” Max said.

“Max, it’s me,” Anders said, “Anders Humboldt. Are you okay?”

“What are you doing here?” Max said.

“You were having a seizure,” Anders said.

“Seizure?” Max said. “That's impossible.”

“You were lying on the floor,” Anders said, “Unconscious. Convulsing.”

“That’s odd, I haven't had an episode in seven years,” Max said, “Not since I went on medication.”

“Let’s get you to the hospital,” Anders said.

“No!” Max said. “I mean, I mean it’s not necessary.”

“Are you sure?” Anders said.

“Yeah, I've lived with epilepsy all my life,” Max said, “I'm not in any danger.”

Anders got a glass of water and gave it to Max.

“So, it started in South Tirol when I was ten,” Max said, “The doctor said I must have incurred a head injury. I don't remember hitting my head.”

“And when you have a seizure, you have no memory of it?” Anders said.

“As a kid I used to wake up in strange places with no idea where I was or how I got there,” Max said.

He sighed. “Sorry I...I’ve got to get some sleep.”

Anders helped him get into bed, and as he lay down, Anders noticed a mark behind his ear.

6:36 AM

…The mouth shows there is malalignment of the l the left posterior triangle a 3 cm scar below the acrosthesis for intravenous inj nt subclavian vein and supe complicated. Venipunctures cubital fossa…

Anders sat in his hotel room, reading his files, as Angela entered and tossed her backpack on a nearby table. Her hair was roughed up, and her eyes were bloodshot. She had her headphones blaring upbeat 80s music, as if she was trying to distract herself.

“Rough night, huh?” Anders said.

“It was terrible,” Angela said, “We lost all but two. And they're still in critical condition on their way to the burn unit at St. Eudokimos. Hope Demetrios didn’t go drinking beforehand.”

“So what do you think, Angie?” Anders said. “What's going on out there?”

Angela sighed and turned back to the door. “I don't know. And under other circumstances, I would like to find out, but we have a plane to catch in just over an hour…”

“I want you to take a look at something first,” Anders said.

Angela turned around. “What? I need to get some rest before I drive us to the airport.”

“Max Fenig,” Anders said, “There's an unusual incision behind his left ear. I've seen this incision twice before. Two women, a thousand miles apart on opposite sides of the Reich. No way of knowing each other. No relation. Both claim to have been abducted by aliens.”

“Are you saying Max Fenig is an abductee?” Angela asked. “Anders, the man is taking powerful anti-psychotic drugs. I saw them in his RV.”

“They're for his epilepsy,” Anders said.

“Not all of them,” Angela said, “DILANTIN is an anti-convulsant, but MELLARIL is used exclusively to treat schizophrenia. More than likely, Max is delusional.”

“You don't understand, Angie,” Anders said, “Max doesn't believe he was abducted by aliens, but I believe he was. Now could you at least take a look at the scar, and give me your opinion?”

Angela sighed again. “Fine, but you pack. I’ll take a look at Max...on the way to the airport.”

Imperial Space Surveillance Center, Watzmann Mountain, Bavaria

Captain Koretz noticed activity on one of her monitors and immediately called an officer over.

“Sir, I have flash traffic at 24-18,” she said, “Repeated calls for ID go unanswered. And it’s not in the orbital or suborbital inventory.”

“24-18,” the officer said, “Isn't that where...”

“Same exact spot, sir,” Koretz said, “Although I am reading a much larger craft this time.”

“It’s a meteor, Captain Koretz,” the officer insisted.

“A much larger ‘meteor’, sir,” Koretz said, “Yeah, a meteor can totally do that. I suppose you’re going to say technical glitch or something.”

She put her hand to her headset. “We have confirmation, KL Bergstrasse is tracking…”

“Where is it?” asked the officer.

“Well, sir,” Koretz said, “The ‘meteor’, it seems to be hovering over a small town in Hesse. I think everything we know about ‘meteors’ is wrong.”

Budget-Rest Motel

Anders led Angela over to the trailer, parked where it usually was.

“Come on, Anders,” Angela said, “Let’s get this over with.”

Anders knocked on the trailer. “Hey, Max.”

He found the door was still unlocked and entered. “Max!” he called.

But they found the trailer was empty.

Angela pointed to blood on the pillow. “Anders, look.”

“Blood?” Anders said.

At that moment, the Tesla Wolf Ear 2000 turned on and started transmitting a message. It seemed to be Heidelberg’s voice.

“Repeat, patrol reporting unidentified trespass at the railway station,” Heidelberg said, “This is Colonel Heidelberg. Move on target.”

Anders looked at Angela for a second and then left the trailer.

“Anders!” Angela ran after him.

“Come on!” Anders said, heading for his car.

“Where do you think you are going?” Angela said. “Look, if we go to the airport right now, we might make the plane. Which would at least give you half a chance of defending yourself.”

“Think about it, Angie,” Anders said, “Max is a nomad, right?”

“Yeah, so what?” Angela said.

“So he intercepted Deputy Werner’s last call to his dispatcher,” Anders said, “Which means he was in Heppenheim the night of the crash. Of all the places he could’ve been, he was right here. Don't you think that’s more than a coincidence? If Max was abducted, that would go a long way to explaining his obsession. And if we've figured it out, you can be sure Heidelberg has as well. Do you have the keys?”

Angela took them out but didn’t give them to him.

“I’m driving,” she said.

Heppenheim Railway Station – November 21, 1993, 6:52 AM

Max walked along the rails, his right hand holding his ear, panting and occasionally spazzing. Two men in a military car pulled up next to him and drew their guns.

“Don’t do this,” Max pleaded.

“Sir, we've apprehended the target,” one of the soldiers radioed, “It’s just a civilian.”

“Negative, Falcon patrol,” Heidelberg replied, “Take him with extreme caution.”

Five minutes later, Angela and Anders pulled up and found the soldiers dead. Smoke poured off their charred bodies.

“They’re—” Anders began.

“Dead,” Angela finished, “Yeah, I noticed that.”

They heard screams in the distance. They got out of the car and ran towards the station, where they found Max standing on one of the platforms, clutching his head.

“It hurts,” Max mumbled, “It hurts. Please stop. It hurts.”

“Max?” Anders asked.

“It hurts,” Max repeated, “It hurts.”

“Max, it’s alright,” Anders said.

Angela heard a helicopter fly overhead.

“It hurts,” Max said, “Stop it. No, no, no. It's me they...Heidelberg…They're coming for me. Now I know....They're coming for me. That's why they're here.”

Angela heard cars and trucks screeching to a halt outside and soldiers shouting and running. Heidelberg had arrived.

“Don’t worry,” she said, “Watch Max. I got this.”

She walked out of the station. Outside, Heidelberg and his soldiers had begun setting up defensive fortifications and putting on tactical gear. The colonel was getting out of his car and talking into his walkie-talkie.

“Stop right there!” a soldier demanded. “Put your hands up, and come with us!”

Angela raised her hands and was escorted towards Heidelberg.

“Alpha team ready on the roof,” reported Alpha Team leader.

“Roger Alpha,” Heidelberg said.

“Delta team in position sir,” reported Delta Team leader.

“What are you doing?” Angela said. “You have a very sick man in there.”

“We're not in the hospital now, Doctor Hansen,” Heidelberg said, “Omega team, report.”

“Omega Team in position,” Omega Team leader said.

“He's a delusional schizophrenic,” Angela said.

“Keep her clear!” Heidelberg said.

Two soldiers approached Angela.

“Sir, this is Alpha Team Leader,” Alpha Team leader said, “Heat sensors are picking up three forms inside the structure.”

“Did you say three forms?” Heidelberg said.

“Two are proximate,” Alpha Team leader said, “The third approaching from 30 meters.”

“All teams prepare to go in 30 seconds,” Heidelberg said.

---

“Come one, come on, Max,” Anders said.

“Why... Stop,” Max said, “Why?”

“I'm here to help you,” Anders said.

“I'm scared,” Max said.

“I know,” Anders said.

“Don't let them take me,” Max said.

“I won't let them take you,” Anders said, “Come on, Max. Come with me.”

Max’s expression twisted into one of horror as he focused on a point behind Anders. “NO!!”

Anders turned around to see an invisible form approaching him. Something slammed into him, throwing him across the room and into a bench. When he stood up, Max had vanished. A bright light flashed through the station.

“Max!” Anders shouted. “MAX!”

---

“Sir, this is Alpha Team leader,” Alpha Team leader reported, “Except for our men, I'm only picking one figure inside.”

“I do not copy that,” Heidelberg said.

“We indicate only one figure inside the building,” Alpha Team leader repeated.

“What?!” Angela said.

“Blow the door!” Heidelberg ordered.

Soldiers attached C-4 to the doors and blasted it open. They stormed inside, finding Anders standing in the middle of the station, where he picked up Max’s NEKAP hat.

Heidelberg stormed up to Anders. “Where is he?”

“He's gone,” Anders said, “They got to him first. They beat us, Colonel.”

Heidelberg roared and punched him in the face.

“Arrest him and keep looking,” Heidelberg ordered.

Office of Professional Responsibility Hearing Room, Omar Mukhtar Building – November 22, 1993, 10:17 AM

Angela sat at one end of a long table. Facing her was Section Chief Freiburg, a stenographer, and two men in suits, one of them the smoking man from her father’s office and the conference room during the Normandy case.

Freiburg flipped through Angela’s report. “Agent Hansen, to the best of your knowledge was Agent Humboldt ever assigned to investigate matters related to the evacuation of Heppenheim, Hesse?”

“No, sir,” Angela said.

“At any time were you aware of his submitting a form 302 requesting said assignment or travel expenses?” Freiburg asked.

“No, sir,” Angela said.

“While in Hesse, did Agent Humboldt drive a blue Reichswagen Golf registered to the state car rental agency?” Freiburg asked.

“Yes, though he paid for it with his own money,” Angela said.

Freiburg closed his folder and motioned to the stenographer. “Thank you, Agent Hansen.”

“Sir, request permission to make a statement,” Angela said.

“Request denied,” Freiburg said.

“Sir, it’s unfair to judge Humboldt by the same criteria...” Angela began.

Freiburg stared at her. “You're dismissed Agent Hansen.”

“But sir, I...” Angela began.

Freiburg got up and left. “THAT will be all.”

Frustrated, Angela stormed out of the room, where she found Anders reading a newspaper. She handed him an envelope.

“Do you hear that, Angie?” Anders said. “Hammer and nails. They’re building a gallows. Don’t worry. It was only a matter of time. I’m surprised I lasted this long.”

“Good luck,” Angela said.

Anders walked inside, handing her the newspaper. “I’ll break a leg.”

The newspaper headline read: “Toxic Clean Up a Success - Heppenheim residents allowed back to their homes.”

Five minutes later

“...as well as insubordination and misconduct,” Freiburg said, “How do you respond to these allegations, Agent Humboldt?”

Anders rolled his eyes. “Over a dozen men lost their lives and you want me to respond to issues of protocol?”

“You failed to obtain proper authorization for your actions,” Freiburg said.

“Because I knew it wouldn't be forthcoming,” Anders said.

“You also violated an imperial quarantine....” Freiburg said.

Anders raised his voice. “A cover up was underway.”

Freiburg also raised his voice. “...exposing yourself and possibly others to toxic contamination.”

“Oh, toxic contamination?” Anders yelled. “Are we back in that? You read my report, now explain the disappearance of Max Fenig.”

“Your report is not the subject of this inquiry...” Freiburg said.

“I have further evidence to support my conclusions, Anders said, waving the envelop, “X-rays taken while Herr Fenig was institutionalized show an object lodged in his cerebellum similar in structure and possibly in function to the one found in the corpse in Normandy.”

“That is irrelevant Agent Humboldt!” Freiburg said.

“The man was abducted,” Anders said, glaring at the smoking man, “We all know it. Everybody in this room knows it.”

“Colonel Heidelberg’s written testimony states that Fenig's body was found two hours later in a cargo container,” Freiburg said.

Anders stood up. “Then what can I say? How can I disprove lies that are stamped with an official seal?”

“That will be all, Herr Humboldt,” Freiburg said.

“You can deny all the things I've seen,” Anders said, “All the things I've discovered, and the things I will discover, like Sentinel. But not for much longer. Because too many others know what's happening out there. And no one, no government agency has jurisdiction over the truth.”

He took the envelope and stormed out of the room.

Omar Mukhtar Building courtyard – 10:58 AM

Freiburg walked up to Hans, who stood under a tree.

“Why did you countermand my decision?” Freiburg demanded. “Humboldt’s conduct was in clear violation not only of Athanatoi procedures but of imperial law.”

“Yes, it was,” Hans said.

“Maybe it’s because of your granddaughter,” Freiburg said.

“Her involvement had minimal presence on my decision,” Hans said.

“I don't understand,” Freiburg said, “The committee's case was airtight. You've ruined the last best chance we had to get rid of him.”

“I appreciate your frustration, but you and I both know Humboldt’s work is a singular passion, and it poses a most unique dilemma,” Hans said, “But his occasional insubordination is in the end far less dangerous.”

“With respect sir, less dangerous than what?” Freiburg asked.

“Than having him exposed to the wrong people,” Hans said, “What he knows..."

He laughed and then sighed. “What he thinks he knows...Always keep your friends close, Herr Freiburg...but keep your enemies closer.”

Hans walked away.

Farewell, Max. Perhaps we'll see you again.

Also, I'd like to ask you a question. I'm currently considering making the official name for this universe's Holocaust the "Nakba" to reflect the victims of the persecution being Muslims. Would that be a bit controversial, as it has a lot of meanings in real life (which I'd prefer we keep out of this thread)?
That would make sense for this timeline. As for the controversy, to be honest I’m not fully sure or confident about it. But I think you can get around it by having it be officially named the Nakba while still having it be referred to as the Holocaust or maybe other names since I think it would also have many names by many cultures since I’m pretty sure Muslims weren’t the only group presucted in Holocaust like how the Jews in OTL weren’t the only group to be victims of it even through they were the largest group oppressed there. I picture the Indians calling it the Hindi word for the mistake , so either ¨the Galati¨ or ¨the Bhool¨, for their guilt from what they did, which would be similar to Germany’s guilt after the Holocaust. I guess you can use the name “Nakba” occasionally but not too often as well to establish it as the name used by Muslims. I’ll talk more about it torrmorw or when I get the time after I get the time to formulate my thoughts on it more. Overall, I think its okay.:)

While I´m on atrocities committed during a World War, how do Russia´s neighbors like Yavidi and Finland and the other minorities that once lived under Soviet oppression feel about Russia now that equalism is gone. I´ḿ pretty sure that even with the monarch back in power and equalism gone, I don´t think anyone, especially Russia´s neighbors, is going to let Russia it self off the hook for a long time because of what they did before and during the World Wars. Russia might remain as a deeply hated country for the remainder of the 20th century and into the 21st for many people in the world, maybe even for the Romans since you mentioned Roman soldiers retaliating on Russian civilians during the war.:eek: I guess Russians would have a similar sense of guilt to the Indians in TTL and Germans in OTL from the crimes they committed in support of equalism, particularly to the Occupied Territories and the Holodomor if it still exists. Are there war reparations from Russia going on by the way? Also, was Valentin supported by any significant number of Russian civilians during the early parts of the war and his rule (particularly when he crushed the rebellions in the Occupied territories and his victories in the first few months of the war) and was the Third World War supported by the Russians early on before they started losing?

I guess that the ruins, structures and artifacts in Egypt would be in better shape and stay in Egypt unlike our timeline as well thanks it the fact that the Romans would respect the Egyptian culture artifacts better than Europeans in OTL and keep them the way they were when they found them in museums. Also didn´t you mentioned that Lithuanians found their way into Egypt and influenced their culture? How did that happen and how much of the Lithuanian influence on the regional Egyptian culture is still there? Do the modern Egyptians here follow the Lithuanian faith and are descended from them?:confused: I suppose there are also Lithuanian holy sites in Egypt as a result of that in addition to Christian and Jewish ones there.

Last edited:
Farewell, Max. Perhaps we'll see you again.
Yeah, let's hope he survives the lines at Space DMV. :p
That would make sense for this timeline. As for the controversy, to be honest I’m not fully sure or confident about it. But I think you can get around it by having it be officially named the Nakba while still having it be referred to as the Holocaust or maybe other names since I think it would also have many names by many cultures since I’m pretty sure Muslims weren’t the only group presucted in Holocaust like how the Jews in OTL weren’t the only group to be victims of it even through they were the largest group oppressed there. I picture the Indians calling it the Hindi word for the mistake , so either ¨the Galati¨ or ¨the Bhool¨, for their guilt from what they did, which would be similar to Germany’s guilt after the Holocaust. I guess you can use the name “Nakba” occasionally but not too often as well to establish it as the name used by Muslims. I’ll talk more about it torrmorw or when I get the time after I get the time to formulate my thoughts on it more. Overall, I think its okay.:)
I think I'll do that. In real life the Jewish term for the Holocaust is Shoah so I think I can have Nakba in a similar role.

While I´m on atrocities committed during a World War, how do Russia´s neighbors like Yavidi and Finland and the other minorities that once lived under Soviet oppression feel about Russia now that equalism is gone. I´ḿ pretty sure that even with the monarch back in power and equalism gone, I don´t think anyone, especially Russia´s neighbors, is going to let Russia it self off the hook for a long time because of what they did before and during the World Wars. Russia might remain as a deeply hated country for the remainder of the 20th century and into the 21st for many people in the world, maybe even for the Romans since you mentioned Roman soldiers retaliating on Russian civilians during the war.:eek:
Russia's neighbors definitely won't let Russia off the hook. Lithuanians in the Baltics and Russia proper still remember the population resettlement the Soviets carried out. They fear a meritocratic government might do the same thing, so the Lithuanian government had aligned closely with the Reich, while the Lithuanians in Russia have large separatist movements and have lent their support to local cartels (I will be explaining in future updates how Russia will become this universe's version of Mexico, plagued by corruption and powerful cartels). The Finns have mostly broken off to join Finland or Yavdi. Finland has aligned with the Scandinavians and wants to become part of the reunited nation, while Yavdi constantly pivots between the Reich and China. Yavdi is in a strange situation because most of its population is now culturally Russian, so it would try to promote Mongol language and culture. Even in the Reich there remains a lot of hatred for Russia despite traditional ties. I wrote a recurring event about Roman aid to Russia with two options, one of which is to deny aid because the Roman government doesn't think the new Russian government had learned from its mistakes. This sentiment (and some Russian characters) might pop up in later parts of the story arc.
I guess Russians would have a similar sense of guilt to the Indians in TTL and Germans in OTL from the crimes they committed in support of equalism, particularly to the Occupied Territories and the Holodomor if it still exists. Are there war reparations from Russia going on by the way? Also, was Valentin supported by any significant number of Russian civilians during the early parts of the war and his rule (particularly when he crushed the rebellions in the Occupied territories and his victories in the first few months of the war) and was the Third World War supported by the Russians early on before they started losing?
Like India, there would be immense collective guilt shared by all Russians (there is no excuse for Soviet nostalgia and apologism as the real Putin demonstrates). They knew their government was corrupt and did not care about them, but they didn't do anything until nukes were flying. They had suspicions about the population resettlements and the crackdowns in the Occupied Territories, but they didn't do anything. Some, like many soldiers and generals, even supported Valentin's coup and rejected Gorbachev's reforms. Many supported the war itself, especially after Vienna. When they gained their freedom and the crimes of the Soviets revealed, they realized the extent of their complicity, like how Indians reacted when they learned about the extent of their genocide. The new Russian government officially takes the blame for the crimes committed by the Soviets, and they do this voluntarily, without much encouragement from the Reich. They were the ones to suggest paying heavy war reparations to all countries they fought against (so everybody except Mexico). They voluntarily dismantled their nuclear arsenal and handed it over to the Reich and China. All of their reparations and apologies have been voluntary. The Reich barely needed to ask. But the reparations and disarmament will deal a heavy blow to the Russian economy and prestige. As you saw, Russia already went bankrupt. Citizens will get even angrier and view the new government as almost as bad as the old Soviet regime (though they don't blame the Tsaritsa). They will organize into cartels and warlords and chip away at the influence of political and social institutions. The bankrupt government won't be able to stop them from doing so. The Russian people will be very pessimistic and demoralized for a long time.

I guess that the ruins, structures and artifacts in Egypt would be in better shape and stay in Egypt unlike our timeline as well thanks it the fact that the Romans would respect the Egyptian culture artifacts better than Europeans in OTL and keep them the way they were when they found them in museums. Also didn´t you mentioned that Lithuanians found their way into Egypt and influenced their culture? How did that happen and how much of the Lithuanian influence on the regional Egyptian culture is still there? Do the modern Egyptians here follow the Lithuanian faith and are descended from them?:confused: I suppose there are also Lithuanian holy sites in Egypt as a result of that in addition to Christian and Jewish ones there.
Well, the Reich owns Egypt, so there's no point in moving Egyptian artifacts when they could just build a museum there and get more tourists. Local authorities would probably have more resources and support to properly maintain and protect the pyramids, the Sphinx, and the tombs from raiders and vandals (unlike the actual Egyptian government, though I understand they're doing the best they can with what they have). Basically, they'd have the budget of the U.S. government instead of that of the Egyptian government.

I think I forgot about the Lithuanians in Egypt back in CK2. I think they were only there briefly, but I could mention some Egyptians still practice some Lithuanian religious and cultural customs in the modern day. But most Egyptians would be Christian or Jewish. And I suppose I could include a minor Lithuanian holy site in Egypt. It would make sense. :D

By the way, I probably should post the next update now while I have time. But I'm on mobile right now, so I might take a little longer than usual.

Grauholz, Part 1

Kitzbühel, Tirol – December 10, 1993, 8:42 AM

A dog barked in the distance. Otherwise, the neighborhood was quiet, as it usually was. It was an upper class locale with rows upon rows of white and light blue two story houses and neatly mowed lawns lining the empty streets. Birds chirped in the trees.

A couple jogged down the street, noticing a little girl standing at the end of the driveway of a large white house. She had a big stuffed rabbit in her hands.

The woman pointed at her. “That Teena Stein? What’s she doing there by herself?”

They jogged over to her.

“Teena, honey?” the man asked.

The woman reached out to Teena. “Honey? You’re freezing. Where’s your jacket?”

“Where’s your daddy?” the man asked.

“In the yard,” Teena said, “He told me he needed some time to himself.”

“I'd say his time's up,” the man said.

“Come on, honey,” the woman said, “I'm sure he wouldn't want you to catch a cold.”

They walked to the backyard and found Herr Stein sitting on the backward swing. The man approached him.

“Hey, Joel?” he said. “Hey, Joel, man, the swing’s for your kid, not you…”

He touched Joel, and he fell off the swing. His body was pure white, and his vacant face, with its glazed eyes, was ghostly pale. The man found two puncture marks on his neck, but Teena screamed before he could investigate further.

“I’ll call an ambulance!” he said.

X-Division Office, Omar Mukhtar Building, Constantinople – December 11, 1993, 9:14 AM

Angela and Anders stood in the X-Division office, looking at projector slides. The slides contained pictures of Joel Stein lying under the swing.

“Okay, death by hypovolaemia,” Angela said, “95% blood loss. That's over 4 liters of blood.”

“I'd say the man was running on empty,” Anders joked.

“The man's daughter Teena, 8 years old, was away from his side for no more than 10 minutes,” Angela said, “She doesn't remember anything, and there was no trace evidence found at the crime scene.”

“Any evidence would have be washed away by yesterday's rain,” Anders said.

“Oh, there were two small puncture wounds,” Angela said, “One of the witnesses mentioned it. Don’t know what to make of it, unless we’re suddenly hunting vampires.”

“Are you at all familiar with the phenomena of cattle mutilations?” Anders asked.

“Not really,” Angela said, “I was hoping you would mention vampires or something.”

“That’s the Inquisition’s job,” Anders said.

“Really?” Angela said. “Vampires exist?”

“Another conspiracy theory I looked into a while ago,” Anders said, “Decided they didn’t exist, and the Inquisition wouldn’t confirm anyways. But if this was an Inquisition matter, they would’ve locked down the whole area by now, and they haven’t. So I’m thinking cattle mutilation or something.”

He went to the slide projector and displayed slides of mutilated cattle.

“Since 1967, over 34 Länder have reported unsolved cases of cattle mutilations, and another 72 reports have been made by Länder in the former Occupied Territories since reunification,” Anders explained, “Trace evidence is remarkably similar. Incision marks of surgical precision. The area around the mouth and often the sexual organs have been removed. There's a substantial degree of blood loss but not a trace of blood at the scene.”

“How could that be?” Angela asked.

“Exsanguination,” Anders said, “If you were to stick a needle into the jugular of any creature, the heart itself would act as a pump. These animals have had their jugulars punctured the same as the man in Kitzbühel. Although this is the first time I've ever seen it on a human being.”

“There was no sign of a struggle,” Angela said, “How could a man sit through a bloodletting?”

“The ME found traces of digitalis, a South Eimerican plant that can be used as a paralytic drug, like it is in some Länder in Neurhomania and some states in Tawantinsuyu,” Anders said.

“Wait a minute,” Angela said, “How is this an X-Division case? X-Division focuses on UFO related phenomena. Often there are related sightings in the sky near the incidences, along with surface burns...”

“Witnesses often relate time loss,” Anders said, “We've seen this in abduction cases, like in the Normandy case. That might explain why the girl can't remember anything.”

“Anders, why would alien beings travel light years through space in order to play doctor on cattle?” Angela said. “Wouldn’t they have space cattle or something closer to home?”

“For the same reason we cut up frogs and monkeys,” Anders said, “Besides, they seem to have stepped up their interest in us after what we saw with Max. Though I’ll give you the space cattle.”

Anders pointed to the slide of Joel and the puncture wounds on his neck.

“Are you sure it isn’t vampires?” Angela said.

“If it was, the Inquisition would’ve been on it already,” Anders said, “Unless they’ve gotten hilariously incompetent at cover ups.”

County Social Services Hostel, Kitzbühel, Tirol – December 12, 1993, 11:43 AM

A social worker led Angela and Anders through a hallway and up some stairs.

“Her mother passed away from ovarian cancer two years ago,” the social worker explained, “There's no other family. We'll keep Teena here until we can place her with a foster family.”

“Has she spoken about it?” Anders asked.

“No, not a word,” the social worker said.

“Any nightmares?” Anders asked

“No,” the social worker said, “At least, not that I know of. And she wouldn’t tell me anyways.”

They arrived at Teena’s room. Angela peered inside, seeing the girl sitting on her bed, still holding her stuffed bunny.

“Can we talk to her now?” Angela asked.

The social worker opened the door and led them inside. Angela and Anders sat down on chairs near the bed.

“Teena?” the social worker said. “These are the people we talked about. This is Frau Hansen and Herr Humboldt. Do you think you could talk to them?”

Teena nodded. The social worker looked at Angela and Anders.

“Good luck.” He left the room and closed the door.

Angela turned to Teena. “Hi, sweetie. I know you must be feeling really sad right now. And scared too. But we want to find out what happened so we can help stop whoever hurt your daddy. Okay?”

Teena nodded.

“Okay,” Angela said, “Did you ever see any strangers with your daddy at home?”

Teen shook her head.

“Did you ever see anyone yell at your daddy or your daddy yell at them?” Angela asked.

“No,” Teena said.

“Can you think of anyone who would want to hurt your daddy?” Angela asked.

“No,” Teena said.

Anders pointed at the stuffed bunny. “Nice bunny, Teena. Can we talk about what happened that day? About what happened in the back yard?”

Teena nodded hesitantly.

“Do you remember any strange sounds or lights or anything like that?” Anders asked.

“There was red lightning,” Teena said.

“Can you tell me more about the red lightning?” Anders asked.

“I can't remember,” Teena said, “It all went dark.”

“Had you ever seen anything like that before?” Anders asked.

Teena nodded.

“Yeah? When?” Anders asked.

“The men from the clouds, they were after my dad,” Teena said.

Angela’s phone rang. She picked it up away from the bed and Anders and Teena.

“Hansen here...” she said. “Morning, Director Schulz. Wait, where?”

“Why were these men after your Dad?” Anders said.

“They wanted to exsanguinate him,” Teena said.

Anders and Angela looked at her with surprise. Angela didn’t expect her to know such a word.

“Anders...” she said.

“What is it?” Anders said.

“Schulz said there’s been another one,” Angela said.

Rachel residence/crime scene, Haifa, Israel – December 13, 1993, 2:42 PM

As Angela drove up to the Rachel family’s house and went inside with Anders, she noticed it looked quite similar to the Stein family’s home in Tirol. It even had a swing set in the backyard, and she had a feeling that was where they found the body. She glanced down at her file.

“It's like looking at a mirror image,” Andres said.

“The victim, David Rachel, was married with one daughter,” Angela said, “Cause of death, also hypovolemia, also found on the swing set. Anders, this is crazy. They also found traces of the poison digitalis.”

“Puncture wounds?” Anders asked.

Angela read further. “Ah... yes. On the jugular. Time of death was estimated at 8:42 AM.”

“That makes it roughly the same moment,” Anders said.

“It appears we have two serial killers working in tandem,” Angela said.

“No, serial killers seldom work in pairs,” Anders said, “And when they do, they kill together, not separately.”

“Mulder, nothing beyond your leading questions to Teena Stein substantiates your UFO mutilation theory,” Angela said.

“What about vampires, Angie?” Anders asked.

“That was a joke,” Angela said.

“Because I think I saw an Inquisitor a few blocks away,” Anders said, “Okay, was Rachel’s daughter nearby when he was murdered?”

Angela read her file. “Yes...The police report states that she remembers nothing. Ah... she's with her mother and family in Jerusalem.”

“When will they be back?” Anders asked.

“Tomorrow,” Angela said.

“Ten marks she'll remember Red Lightning,” Anders said.

“Ten for Purple Rain,” Angela said, pulling out her Walkman.

County Social Services Hostel – December 14, 1993, 12:35 AM

A storm raged outside. Thunder rumbled through the clouds, and lightning lit up the windows. Teena lay in bed, holding her stuffed bunny. She lifted her head off the pillow and looked at the door window, checking if someone was in the hallway. She pushed a chair in front of the door just as someone outside tried forcing their way in. Teena hid under the bed as the chair was dislodged and someone entered the room. The figure grabbed her arm.

Haifa – 12:36 AM

Angela shot awake and flailed around. “Bunny!” she shouted.

It took her five seconds to remember where she was and to calm down. Her mind stubbornly refused to accept the fact she didn’t have a stuffed bunny. She never had one. But then why did she have a nightmare about someone trying to take away her stuffed bunny?

Anders knocked on the door. “Angie?” he said. “You okay?”

“I’m fine,” Angela said.

“What’s this about a bunny?” Anders asked.

Angela simply rolled over in her bed. “No bunny, only sleep,” she muttered.

Rachel house – 9:41 AM

Angela pulled up to the house and got out, Anders following behind. She was still shaken from last night. She found herself occasionally glancing to her side, looking for a stuffed animal she knew would not be there.

“What a coincidence,” Angela said, “I woke up with a nightmare about a bunny about the same time Teena was kidnapped. Looks like someone was afraid she might remember too much.”

“Someone or something, Angie,” Anders said.

“Tirol Länder Troopers set up road blocks within a half an hour,” Angela said, “Nothing.”

“Maybe they weren't looking in the right direction.” Anders pointed up.

“Maybe what they needed was some garlic and a crucifix,” Angela joked, “Anyways, I asked law enforcement to contact us if they find her.”

She knocked on the door, and it opened. Standing inside was a little girl that looked exactly like Teena Stein. Angela and Anders stared at her.

“Can I help you?” the girl asked.

“Teena?” Angela asked.

“No,” the girl said.

“What's your name?” Angela asked.

“Cindy Rachel,” the girl said.

“You live here, Cindy?” Anders asked.

“Ever since I was born, 8 years ago,” Cindy said.

Lithuanians in Egypt
I'm going tio need an explanation about this :eek:

two puncture marks on his neck
maxresdefault.jpg

Hmm... Clones? Or just altered memories? Either way, very fun. Love Angela and Anders making vampire jokes, we just need an Inquisitor to bump into them and for each side to think the other is crazy when they're both right.

Speaking of Purple Rain, that's something I hope to see the aliens' reaction to. What do they think of humanity's art, of creativity? I'm sure they're paying attention to the Reich's military abilities (likely significantly weaker than whatever the aliens can dish out), but there's more to study.

With all the references to the Inquisition I’m really wondering when they would make a come back and save the Reich again.
I bet the Reich

Wouldn’t

Expect that.:p

As for the points you made earlier before this update, those are very good like the ones you’ve made before. I suggest you add that info to the table of contents as well.:)

Also are there still Norse influences on Britain like Norse places of worship there and is the site at where the Battle of Stamford bridge took place a major holy site for Norse pilgrims since it was the battle that Harold Haraldra converted into the Modern Norse faith, thus founding it?

Also would an equlievent of “Springtime for Hitlier” in the film Meli Brooks film “The Producers” exist here and how would that speech at the end of “the Great Dictator” or the movie itself go here since it would be against both the Angeloi and Rasas regimes?

And what civ would replace Nuclear Gandhi in Civ since we already did Hitlier-Gandhi?:p

Also for post apocalyptic fiction like Hunger Games or Fallout, would those have tyrannically republics ruling over the Reich´s remnants or pretenders claiming the throne? I picture the Enclave being put in a perpetually regency with a ¨Chancellor¨ at the head of them while Panem (Panim/Eurom) being run by a brutal republic that at the end of those books is overthrown with a new monarch being crowned.

Last edited:
Grauholz, Part 2

Rachel house – December 14, 1993, 9:53 AM

Anders and Angela sat at the table, watching Cindy watch cartoons from a distance. There was something about that girl that unnerved Angela. As she watched, Cindy picked up the remote and changed the channel to CNN. There was a lot being discussed on the news network, from the transfer of Tawantinsuyu’s Security Council seat to Vietnam to the succession crisis unfolding in Russia, where the army had been deployed in Kiev enforce the claim of Crown Prince Borislav, the chosen heir of the late Tsaritsa Sbyslava. Cindy put down the remote and watched as tanks bombarded the Duma building. She was completely interested in the coverage. Angela anxiously looked at Anders as Clara Rachel, Cindy’s mother, walked in with tea.

“Cindy really is a beautiful little girl, Frau Rachel,” Anders said, sipping his tea.

“David and I wanted to spoil her,” Clara said, “We wanted to protect her from everything horrible in the world. She was daddy's little girl.

She softly cried.

“Is she an only child?” Anders asked.

Clara nodded.

“May I ask, was Cindy adopted?” Angela asked.

“No,” Clara said, “I gave birth to her at Sankt Raphael General.”

Angela noticed Cindy was looking straight at them, listening to what they were saying. Her hand started shaking again, as if it were searching for a stuffed animal.

“So, I assume you have all the proper documentation,” Angela said, “Birth certificate...”

“Of course I do,” Clara said.

“Was she the only child delivered at that birth?” Anders asked.

“What the hell kind of question is that?” Clara demanded. “Look, I have told the police everything I know.”

Anders showed Clara a picture of Teena and Joel Stein. “Frau Rachel, have you ever seen this man before?”

“This...is this your suspect?” Clara said.

“No,” Anders said.

“Did he do something to Cindy?” Clara asked.

“No, Frau Rachel,” Angela said, “This is not your daughter. That girl's name is Teena Stein. She lives in Tirol, western Austria. That man, her father, was killed in the same manner and at the same time as your husband.”

“Cindy is my daughter,” Clara said, “I can show you videos of her birth. We tried for years to become pregnant.”

“In vitro fertilization?” Anders asked.

Clara nodded.

“At which clinic?” Anders asked.

“The Luther Center in Tel Aviv,” Clara said.

“Thank you,” Anders said.

They left the house and walked to the car.

“Do you still believe this is UFO related?” Angela said. “Cindy didn't see red lightning.”

“I don't know,” Anders said, “The only thing similar about these girls doesn't seem to be their appearance.”

“Well, there seems to be the random possibility that two people can have an unrelated likeness,” Angela said.

“Who both just happened to see their fathers exsanguinated at the same time,” Anders said, “I'd like to get the odds on that in Riyadh or Dubai.”

Angela nodded in agreement. Then she got in the driver’s seat and started the car.

“The girls are the one and only link between identical murders,” Angela said.

“One girl was just abducted,” Anders said.

“Kidnapped,” Angela corrected.

“Kartoffel, Kartoeffel,” Anders said, “Wait, stop the car.”

Angela stopped the car. Anders got out.

“Where are you going?” Angela said.

“The murders were committed by the same person or persons,” Andres said, “Part of the pattern involves kidnaping the daughter.”

“And you expect the pattern to continue,” Angela said.

“I'm going to keep an eye on Cindy,” Anders said, “You check out the clinic. See if the Steins were enrolled in the same fertility program.”

“Okay, I'll call the Tel Aviv bureau and get someone to relieve you,” Angela said.

“Oh, and by the way…” Anders handed her ten marks.

Angela handed him the money back. “Looks like both of us were wrong.”

Anders shut the door, and Angela drove off, blaring Prinz from her radio.

Luther Center for Reproductive Medicine, Tel Aviv – December 14, 1993, 11:24 AM

Angela and a doctor walked up the stairs. The doctor handed Angela a file.

“In vitro fertilization is a procedure in which we can implement fertilization,” the doctor explained, “Implanting the embryo to the uterus.”

“Could a patient have believed she was receiving her own eggs but actually receive another without her knowledge?” Angela asked.

“Not here,” the doctor said, “We have very strict controls.”

“Are you ever aware of having patients by the name of Claudia and Joel Stein?” Angela asked.

“Any information about patients is confidential,” the doctor said, “That's our policy.”

“Both the Steins are dead, and their daughter has been kidnapped,” Angela said, “I think any information that you have that could help overrides your policy.”

The doctor hesitated for a moment. Then he turned around and walked back down the stairs to his office, where he handed Angela the Steins’ records.

“You have copies of their records sent to Kitzbühel, Tirol, in 1991,” Angela read, “They came here 9 years ago under the supervision of a Dr. Sarah Astoria?”

The doctor didn’t answer.

“There a problem?” Angela asked.

“Dr. Astoria was nothing but a problem,” the doctor said, loading a tape into a TV.

Sarah Astoria appeared on the screen, where she was sharp looking and professional. She wore a lab coat and was at her desk in an office. She smiled at the camera.

“Hello, and welcome to the Luther Center for Reproductive Medicine,” Sarah said, “I'm Dr. Sarah Astoria, a specialist in the exciting field of in vitro fertilization.”

“She was a resident here in 1985,” the doctor explained, “Brilliant. First in her class at Cordoba med where she got her MD. After completing her doctorate in biogenetics, we were thrilled to get her. It was the height of the war then, and the military was hiring as many graduates as they could for…research assistance.”

“And now you don't sound too thrilled,” Angela said.

“We have reason to believe that Dr. Astoria was tampering with genetic material that was fertilized in the lab prior to implant,” the doctor said, “Experimenting with eugenics.”

“Did you report this to the IMA?” Angela asked.

“Of course, and I fired her,” the doctor said, “And also requested an investigation with the Bureau of Health.”

“And what happened?” Angela asked.

“The IMA censured her,” the doctor said, “My request for an investigation was denied. Dr. Astoria disappeared.

Hotel in Haifa – 5:21 PM

“We know the pain of infertility and we are ready to help,” Sarah said, “In the next half hour, I'll guide you through...”

Angela paused the tape. “Dr. Astoria was the supervising physician in both the Rachels’ and Steins’ IVF program. It seems she was experimenting at the clinic.”

“Maybe now she's trying to erase the results?” Anders said.

Angela resumed the tape. “...can't guarantee everyone's success, but with our scientific advances, a little luck, and a lot of hope...miracles can happen.”

“Well, she must have had an accomplice to have done both murders,” Anders said.

“So now you think this is a vendetta that she and a colleague have against the Luther Center?” Angela said. “Anders, does this mean you’ve abandoned your UFO connection?”

The phone rang. Angela picked it up, but she only heard two clicks. She hung up again.

“Just a couple of clicks,” she said, “Must be the wrong number.”

Anders got up and pushed her to the door. “I'll tell you what... I'm going to sleep on it and we'll talk about it in the morning.”

“Mulder, you're rushing me out of the room,” Angela said.

“No, I'm not,” Anders said.

“Is Diana coming over?” Angela said.

“Does this look like Berlin, Angie?” Anders replied. “No, I have...Star Trek’s on. Got to catch the next episode. Sleep tight. See you in the morning.”

He shut the door.

Pier 13, Haifa Harbor – 5:56 PM

Anders waited and looked around. He walked by bushes and heard Hans’ voice coming from somewhere inside. He stopped.

“I would’ve expected better from someone like you, Uncle,” Anders said.

“Are you certain Angie hasn't followed you?” Hans said.

“Yes,” Anders said, “What are you doing here?”

Hans emerged from the bushes and walked with Anders.

“I was hoping we could go to a Zealots game,” Hans said, “Actually, I was just in the neighborhood... Wondered if I ever told you about the Grauholz Experiments.”

“No you haven't,” Anders said.

“Well, it was the most interesting project,” Hans said, “Highest level of classification. All records have since been destroyed. And those who knew of it denied knowledge of its existence. It existed during the height of the Cold War. We got wind the Soviets were fooling around with Eugenics in the late ‘60s. Rather primitively, I might add. Trying to crossbreed top scientists, athletes, spies... to come up with the superior soldier. Naturally, we jumped on the band wagon.”

“Grauholz,” Anders said, “Super-soldiers?”

“A group of genetically controlled children raised and monitored on a compound in Grauholz,” Hans said, “The boys were called Adam and the girls were called Eve. There's a woman you should see and I'll make sure you can get in.”

“What happened to it?” Anders asked.

“We got word the Soviets had abandoned their experiments after Prague,” Hans said, “Focusing on training an unmodified agent called Firebird. Then everybody involved in the experiment was suddenly killed by Firebird sometime in mid-1985. And then Firebird turned rogue and went off the grid, making that effort useless anyways. And the experiments at Grauholz…it was a waste of funds, and many wanted to move on to the next promising project, Sentinel. The data was classified at the highest levels.”

He stopped. “By the way, I should say that many former Grauholz scientists took an interest in your father’s work.”

“We don’t talk about Walter,” Anders said, “And his work had nothing to do with eugenics.”

Hans raised his eyebrows. “You sure?”

Bureau of Defense facility, [REDACTED] – [REDACTED]

Angela and Anders approached the front desk, where a guard waited for them.

“Agents Hansen and Humboldt,” Angela said, “We're here to see Eve 6.”

“Deposit your firearms,” the guard said.

They placed their guns on the table. The guard placed two devices on the desk.

“Sign for these,” she said.

“What are those?” Anders asked.

“Panic buttons,” the guard said, “Can't let you inside without one.”

They did so, and the guard led them into the facility. They walked through a series of corridors, stairs, cages, electric fences, spiked gates, and metal doors with buzzers. Everything inside was metal and mesh. Just when Angela thought they couldn’t go any further, they continued for another ten minutes before reaching a cell door. The guard handed flashlights to them.

“Why the flashlights?” Angela asked.

“She screams and screams if we turn the overheads on,” the guard said, “No one's ever gotten a good look at her. We'll be right outside.”

She opened the door, and Anders and Angela walked inside. They turned their flashlights on, finding the interior to be covered in garbage and padding covering the walls.

“Hello?” Anders asked.

They saw “Eve 6” crouching in the corner on the floor, handcuffed and shackled. She had dirty brown hair and yellow teeth. There were pictures taped on the wall around her.

“Well it looks like you got what you're looking for,” she said, “One of us at least.”

“Sarah Astoria...” Angela began.

“Break the chains...” Eve 6 said, “Then we'll talk.”

“Nice try,” Angela said, “They're probably there for a good reason.”

“No, bad reason,” Eve 6 said, “I paid too much attention to a guard. Bit into his eyeball.”

She giggled, making gnashing sounds with her teeth. “I meant it as a sign of affection. Are you going to give me an IQ test by any chance? I think I can top 265. We're very bright, we Eves. It runs in the family.”

“Where are the others?” Anders asked. “The other Adams and the Eves?”

“All that's left is me,” Eve 6 said, “And Eve 7, she escaped early on. And Eve 8. She escaped 10 years later.”

“Are you Sarah Astoria?” Angela asked.

“That's not my name,” Eve 6 said, “But she is me and I am her and we are together. I am the eggman and I am the walrus, wololo.”

She laughed again.

“Did you work for the Luther Center for Reproductive Medicine in 1985?” Angela asked.

“1985?!” Eve 6 spat and jabbed. “I've been tied up like this for two years and for what reason? For no reason, I did nothing. I'm just me. They made me. But did they suffer? No. No. I suffer. I suffer! They keep me alive for the Grauholz Project , they come in... they test me, they poke me... to see what went wrong. Sarah knows what went wrong.”

She pointed at them. “You have 46 chromosomes. The Adams and the Eves ... we have 56. We have extra chromosomes. Number 4, 5, 12, 16, and 22. This replication of chromosomes also produces additional genes. Heightened strength. Heightened intelligence.”

“Heightened psychosis,” Anders said.

“Saved the best for last,” Eve 6 said, “You don't believe me. I have proof. Look on the wall. My family album.”

One of the pictures on the wall was of many clones of Teena and Cindy by a swing set.

“Mein Gott, it's the girls,” Angela said.

“We were close,” Eve 6 said, “We were very close.”

“Dr. Astoria was using the clinic to carry on the Grauholz Experiment,” Anders said, “She was cloning herself.”

“Now you get it!” Eve 6 cried.

Angela found herself shaking again. “Anders, let’s go.”

“Yeah, Angie,” Anders said.

They turned to leave.

“Agent Anders Humboldt,” Eve 6 said.

Anders turned around. “How did you know my name?”

“I heard it when you were walking here,” Eve 6 said, “Humboldt…that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. Your father would be very proud of you.”

“Don’t bring Walter into this!” Anders shouted.

“He wasn’t part of the experiments, wasn’t like the others,” Eve 6 continued, “But Walter Humboldt…oh, he was a genius like no other. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up like me.”

Angela pulled Anders away and left the cell.

Rachel house – 9:29 PM

Angela parked the car outside the Rachels’ house and watched the house with Anders.

“Suppose Eve 6 is right and there are two other Eves out there,” Anders said, “That could account for the two identical murders occurring at exactly the same time. Sarah Astoria does have an accomplice. Herself.”

“Until I heard that, I was beginning to suspect the girls,” Angela said.

“No, no, no, Angie,” Anders said, “It seems the two remaining Eves are doing away with the parents in order to keep Teena and Cindy in the family.”

“By the way, Anders, about what Eve 6 said earlier—” Angela began.

“Let’s not talk about it,” Anders said.

“I know you have strong feelings about it, but remember, she’s psychotic,” Angela said.

“How could she have known Walter’s name?” Anders said. “I never mentioned him once when we were in the facility.”

“She’s just trying to push your buttons, Anders,” Angela said.

She pointed at the house, where Cindy stood by the window. “You suppose these girls have any idea of what they are?”

“I hope not,” Anders said, “I know exactly how it feels.”

A bright light appeared in Cindy’s room.

Angela unlocked the car and got out. “Anders, let’s go.”

“I’ll take the back,” Anders said.

They ran up to the house and drew their guns. As Anders ran around to the backyard, Angela forced her way through the front door, where she found Clara

“What are you doing?” she demanded.

“There's someone upstairs, wait outside, no time!” Angela said.

Not surprisingly, given Angela had a gun, Clara immediately obliged.

Angela ran up the stairs and was immediately blindsided by a punch to the head. She slammed against the wall and was immediately knocked out.

In the backyard, the patio door burst open, and a woman holding Cindy emerged. Anders pointed his gun at her.

“Athanatoi!” he said. “I’m armed!”

Sarah Astoria, wearing a dark hoodie, stopped and looked at him.

“Which one are you?” Anders demanded. “Eve 7 or Eve 8?”

Sarah pointed Angela’s gun at Cindy’s head. “Drop it. You know I'm capable. Slow. Real slow.”

Anders put his gun on the ground. Sarah ran off, and Anders picked up his gun and ran after her. Sarah got in a car and sped away.

Haifa Police Department, 12th Precinct – 10:39 PM

“Suspect's name is Sarah Astoria,” Angela told a police officer, “Early 30's, 5'8, 135 pounds. Now she may have an accomplice, similar in appearance. Astoria is driving a light blue '93 Fengtian Corona or Corolla. She has exceptional strength for her size. So you must consider her armed and dangerous. Quite possibly she'll display severe psychotic behavior.”

She left the police officer and joined Clara, who was wrapped in a blanket and sat on a bench next to Anders.

“What if she kills her?” Clara asked.

“Frau Rachel, the fact that Astoria and her accomplice murdered the fathers and abducted the girls means they want them alive,” Angela said, “I'm sure Cindy's alive and we'll find her.”

Clara got up and walked away, crying.

“And then what do we do?” Anders said.

Nazareth – December 15, 1993, 5:20 AM

A car drove up to a hotel, its vacancy sign lit up in neon purple. Sarah and Cindy got out and walked up to a hotel room.

“I'm sorry you have to meet this way,” Sarah said, “But it's the best for all concerned.”

Sarah opened the door, revealing Teena sitting on the edge of the bed.

“Teena Stein, meet Cindy Rachel,” Sarah said.

Teen and Cindy looked at each other and smiled.

Rachel house – 7:13 AM

Angela and Anders walked downstairs from Cindy’s room, where a police officer met them. Anders was on his phone.

“Agent Hansen?” the officer said. “They found the Fengtian Corolla in the parking lot at Tel Aviv International.”

“Okay, good,” Angela said, “I want you to start a check on every single passenger for every flight that left the terminal over the past twelve hours. I want you to check every single terminal to make sure she's not hiding out somewhere for a later flight. And remember, she may have an accomplice.”

“Got it,” the officer said.

She walked away as Anders hung up. “That was a motel manager in Nazareth that says he's got a guest that matches Sarah Astoria’s description.”

“We just found the car at the airport,” Angela said.

“She might have ditched it,” Anders said, “The manager said this woman checked in with a little girl. That she leaves the hotel in the afternoon by herself, was gone all night and returns the next day with the little girl.”

“Someone else could have picked up the little girl without the manager knowing about it,” Angela said, “Nazareth is crawling with vacationing families and pilgrims, especially with Christmas so near. There would be hundreds of little kids running around.”

“No, he remembers this kid,” Anders said, “She told him he should use chlorine to irradiate the dinoflagellates in the swimming pool. Does that sound like someone we know?”

Angela already had her keys out. “That’s it.”

Nazareth – 10:18 AM

Sarah dropped a bag of fast food—probably Burg Kaiser—on the table for the kids.

“I've always kept and close eye on your behavior,” she said, “No matter where I was. The last few years I've spent in search of the remaining Eves, hoping they survived the war. That however was cut short by your... activity. I hoped my work at the Luther Center had corrected the Grauholz flaws. Psychotic behavior didn't develop in the Adams and Eves until age 16. Homicidal behavior... at 20. Imagine my... disappointment when I learned of your... accelerated development. How did you know of each other's existence?”

“We just knew,” Teena and Cindy said simultaneously.

“Did you discuss how you would orchestrate your little... prank?” Sarah asked.

“We just knew,” Teena and Cindy repeated.

“Why murder your fathers?” Sarah asked.

“They weren't our fathers,” Teena and Cindy said.

“We have no parents,” Teena said.

“We weren't born,” Cindy said.

“We were created,” Teena said.

“You cannot think that way,” Sarah said, “You're human beings. Different, special, but you cannot give into genetic destiny. That's why I've taken you. I was raised and trained by a man who knew what I was. Humboldt was a geneticist and a brilliant man. With the... proper environment, and a program... of long term medication... you can become like me... and not the other Eves...”

Sarah hyperventilated and gripped the table, retching and vomiting. The girls smiled madly at each other.

“What... what have you done to ... me?” she gasped.

“Your soda...” Teena said.

“4 ounces of foxglove...” Cindy said.

“...extracted from the digitalis plant...” Teena said.

Cindy made a measurement of about a half inch between her thumb and pointing finger. “This much is a lethal dose.”

“We cultivated it ourselves,” Teena said.

“Wh... why?” Sarah said.

“You tell us,” Teena said.

“You made us,” Cindy said.

“We're your mistake,” Teena said.

“That I'll correct... my mistake,” Sarah muttered.

11:34 AM

Angela drove up to the motel, finding the police already there. The officer they were looking for sat in the front seat of his prowler. Angela and Anders walked to him, and he got out.

“I waited like you told me,” he said, “No one's gotten out and no one's gotten in.”

There was a crash from the hotel room.

“Get the back!” the officer shouted.

They all rushed into the hotel room. They found Sarah Astoria lying on the floor. Anders looked both ways out the open window. Angela checked for a pulse in Sarah’s neck.

“They left,” Cindy said.

Angela noticed the girls huddled in a corner.

“Who’s they?” Angela asked.

“Her and another lady,” Teena said.

“We were all supposed to drink but we only pretended to drink it,” Cindy said.

“They tried to poison us,” Teena said.

They hugged.

“What did the other lady look like?” Anders asked.

They pointed at Sarah’s body.

“Eve 8,” Anders said, “They were working together.”

“It's alright,” Angela said, “We'll take care of you. You're safe with us.”

1:44 PM

The medical examiners placed a sheet over Sarah’s body and loaded her onto a gurney. Angela picked up a glass from the table and handed it to Anders.

“Looks like the Eves mixed about 4 ounces of digitalis in each glass,” she said.

“Their own mini Schmidtstown,” Anders said, “Eve 6 said they were prone to suicide.”

“It has a sweet flavor,” Angela said, “It's probably not even perceptible in soda.”

An officer walked up to them.

“We're still searching the area but still no sign of the other suspect,” she said, “We'll have an officer take the girls back.”

“Ah, maybe it would be better if we took responsibility for the girls,” Anders said.

“We could take them to get checked out by a doctor,” Angela said.

The officer shrugged. “Okay, whatever.”

Angela walked to the girls. “We're going to take you back.”

“Back where?” Cindy said. “What's going to happen to Teena?”

They got in the back seat. Angela got in the driver’s seat.

“They've already grown so attached,” Angela said, “It's going to be hard when Teena gets placed in foster care.”

“Yeah,” Anders said, getting in.

“You know, I have a bad feeling about this,” Angela said.

Autobahn 42 – December 16, 1993, 2:12 PM

Angela continued driving down the highway. Anders looked back at the girls, sitting quietly in the back seats.

“Agent Hansen, I have to go to the bathroom,” Cindy said.

“Me too,” Teena said.

“Can you hold it?” Angela said.

“I really need to go,” Cindy said.

“I could use some caffeine,” Anders said.

They stopped at a truck stop and got out. There was a waitress behind the counter.

“Hi, where's your bathrooms?” Angela asked.

“In the back,” the waitress said, “Let me get you the key.”

She handed the keys to her.

“Thanks,” Angela said.

“Oh, can I get four diet sodas?” Anders asked.

“Regular,” Teena and Cindy said.

“Okay, two diet and two regular,” Anders said, “To go. Please.”

Angela led the girls to the bathroom, where Teena and Cindy walked into the stalls.

“Agent Hansen, my door's stuck,” Teena complained.

“Just a second,” Angela said.

Meanwhile, Cindy left the bathroom. She went to the counter and took the drinks, but the waitress stopped her.

“Just a minute,” she said.

“That's okay,” Cindy said, “My uncle will pay for them when he gets out of the bathroom.”

She brought the drinks to a table and took out a vial of foxglove and digitalis, which she poured into two of them. Anders walked up to her.

“Diet?” Anders asked.

Cindy pointed to the two poisoned drinks. “I think these are.”

Anders took one. “Are you sure? These smell really sweet.”

“I know they are,” Cindy said, “I saw her pour it.”

“Okay,” Anders said.

Angela and Teena walked out of the bathroom.

“Let’s go,” Angela said.

“Come on,” Anders said.

He gave his drink to Angela and put his hand on the back of Cindy as they walked out. Anders passed a 5 mark bill to the waitress and joined Angela and Teena outside.

“Smells syrupy,” Angela said.

She patted her pockets. “Wait, you didn't pick up my keys off the counter, did you?”

Anders shook his head.

“Alright, I'll check,” he said.

He walked back inside and saw a green residue where the drinks sat on the table. He burst back outside and ran up to Angela as she prepared to drink.

“ANGIE!” he shouted.

“Yeah?” Angela said.

“I just wanted to open the car door for you,” he said, knocking the drink out of her hand.

“Anders, are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Angela said.

“Yeah, the girls poisoned them,” Anders whispered, “Now let’s get them to the car so—”

They turned to the car, but the girls were gone.

“Oh, Scheiße,” Angela cursed.

They drew their guns and searched the truck stop. Finally, Anders found them walking under a truck bed and grabbed them. They screamed.

“ANGIE, I GOT THEM!” Anders shouted.

“We didn't do anything wrong!” Teena shouted.

“We're just little girls,” Cindy said.

“That's the last thing you are,” Angela said.

Rachel house – December 17, 1993, 9:14 AM

Clara looked at pictures of Cindy.

“They said they have an excellent program that can help her,” she said, sobbing.

“They can't hide behind the bureaucracy, Frau Rachel,” Anders said, “You have every right to know what happened. You have a right to know about your daughter.”

Clara sighed. “All I need to know is she was not my daughter. She never was.”

“I’ve contacted a friend of my uncle,” Angela said, “He’ll provide treatment for the girls so they can live normal lives.”

“What’s the point of fixing her if I can’t see her again?” Clara said.

As they left the house once again, Angela found Anders staring into the distance.

“What is it?” she asked.

“Walter could’ve avoided all this,” Anders said, “He could’ve fixed them, instead of condemning to government experiments.”

“Anders, the past is past,” Angela said, “We’re here. It happened. As far as I’m concerned, Eve 6 was just pushing your buttons, and anyways we’re getting one of his friends at Tesla Dynamic to help fix their…issues. Let’s move on.”

Anders sighed. “Agreed.”

Bureau of Defense facility, [REDACTED] – [REDACTED]

Teena and Cindy were led into jail cells next to Eve 6, who smiled as they passed.

“Hello girls,” Eve 6 said, “So nice to have company.”

Outside, a woman in a lab coat signed in and took a panic button. She went to the cell doors and looked at the Eve clones. Her nametag read “Sarah Astoria (Eve 8),” and she had a Tesla Dynamic keycard in her pocket.

“Hello, Eve 8,” Teena said.

“How did you know I'd come for you?” Sarah said.

“We've been waiting,” Cindy said.

“How did you know I'd come for you?” Sarah repeated.

“We just knew,” Teena and Cindy said simultaneously.

Sarah smiled. “Well, let’s not keep Herr Tesla waiting, then.”

---

I'll get around to answering all of your comments in a little bit.:)

I'm going tio need an explanation about this :eek:
Due to CK2 shenanigans, one province in southern Egypt had Lithuanian culture and Romuva religion. It lasted for about a few years, but I mentioned it a lot in the relevant updates.
laughs in Dracula
Hmm... Clones? Or just altered memories? Either way, very fun. Love Angela and Anders making vampire jokes, we just need an Inquisitor to bump into them and for each side to think the other is crazy when they're both right.
They already met Hans, though he's apparently retired.:p
Speaking of Purple Rain, that's something I hope to see the aliens' reaction to. What do they think of humanity's art, of creativity? I'm sure they're paying attention to the Reich's military abilities (likely significantly weaker than whatever the aliens can dish out), but there's more to study.
I don't think the aliens would think highly of human art and creativity. They'd see it as we'd see a baby waving sticks around and making noises, probably. The aliens would be more focused on the Reich's military capabilities (since KL Edinburg shows they're reverse engineering alien technology), though it would be like us observing how ants defend their colony.
With all the references to the Inquisition I’m really wondering when they would make a come back and save the Reich again.
I bet the Reich

Wouldn’t

Expect that.:p
When I actually introduce an Inquisitor that's not Hans, I have to make sure he's frustrated by all the Monty Python jokes he's given.:D
As for the points you made earlier before this update, those are very good like the ones you’ve made before. I suggest you add that info to the table of contents as well.:)
Yeah, I'll get on that.
Also are there still Norse influences on Britain like Norse places of worship there and is the site at where the Battle of Stamford bridge took place a major holy site for Norse pilgrims since it was the battle that Harold Haraldra converted into the Modern Norse faith, thus founding it?
I think Stamford Bridge would be a Norse holy site. There would be traces of Norse influences in Britain left over from Scandinavian rule, I think, but I haven't gotten much into that yet.
Also would an equlievent of “Springtime for Hitlier” in the film Meli Brooks film “The Producers” exist here and how would that speech at the end of “the Great Dictator” or the movie itself go here since it would be against both the Angeloi and Rasas regimes?
I don't know about either, since I didn't watch either, but I would assume there'd be a "Springtime for Gandhi" or something.
And what civ would replace Nuclear Gandhi in Civ since we already did Hitlier-Gandhi?:p
Hirohito, obviously.:D
Also for post apocalyptic fiction like Hunger Games or Fallout, would those have tyrannically republics ruling over the Reich´s remnants or pretenders claiming the throne? I picture the Enclave being put in a perpetually regency with a ¨Chancellor¨ at the head of them while Panem (Panim/Eurom) being run by a brutal republic that at the end of those books is overthrown with a new monarch being crowned.
I think that's a good way of describing the other factions.

Genetically enhanced humans and clones. I imagine that would make quite the come back in Stellaris when we get back to it.:D

I wonder what Halo is like in TTL. I´m thinking that the Spartans would be renamed to something more Roman sounding (like Praetorians or Varangians) but then again I suppose they would still be called Spartans through. I also would the Covenant (since they are an heavily religious alien society and I don´t think the Church would take that too well), Forerunners, or the UNSC be different here?

You probably haven´t seen Red vs Blue (or watch Rooster Teeth in general) but what would the Freelancers from RVB (Texas, Carolina, York, Washington etc) be renamed here? I suggest looking up the Red vs Blue Freelancers on wiki and rename them accordingly to the closes Roman province/lander analogue to the US States they were named after. I remember you talked about Caledonia being the Reich´s equivalent of Maine and now I can´t take the Meta seriously any more when I´m imagining him with Bagpipes.:p:D
the transfer of Tawantinsuyu’s Security Council seat to Vietnam
How the heck did Vietnam become a great power stronger than Tawantinsuyu?!:eek:
I don't know about either, since I didn't watch either, but I would assume there'd be a "Springtime for Gandhi" or something.
Angelos would probably be included in that satire too, probably involving gay jokes at Angelos and Gandhi´s expense since they were allied with each other.:p
As for the great dictator, I can help with that. I love this speech so maybe you can use this speech for a flashback chapter or future chapters or something.:) You did adapt famous speeches in OTL for Otto in previous updates a few times if I recall.
How was Charlie (Karl) Chaplin doing anyways after WW2 since I think you mentioned him in the 1940s culture update?
I think that's a good way of describing the other factions.
I agree. I have another Hunger games question, through not really serious. Don´t you think that Kasierin Katniss I von Everdeen has a nice a nice ring to it. She probably wouldn´t accept being crowned after the Capitol falls and give the position of the new Monarch of Panim to someone else, but still.:p:D

Also with Angela having nightmares about a stuffed bunny right when those clones were doing shenanigans and with Anders dad being involved with that project it seems, are you implying something about Angela and Anders here? Particularly the thing I think you are implying.:eek:

Last edited:
Genetically enhanced humans and clones. I imagine that would make quite the come back in Stellaris when we get back to it.:D
They'll make a comeback sooner than you'd expect. Though not in the way you'd expect, obviously.;)
I wonder what Halo is like in TTL. I´m thinking that the Spartans would be renamed to something more Roman sounding (like Praetorians or Varangians) but then again I suppose they would still be called Spartans through. I also would the Covenant (since they are an heavily religious alien society and I don´t think the Church would take that too well), Forerunners, or the UNSC be different here?
The Spartans would probably become Varangians, though you do make a good point about keeping them Spartans. The Covenant would remain basically the same as the original, only with more divisions between its member species. While the Church has a lot of influence over Roman society, it is still mostly in favor of social liberal and secular policies, mostly because the Kaiser is technically the head of the Church (he can order the Ecumenical Patriarch to do whatever).
You probably haven´t seen Red vs Blue (or watch Rooster Teeth in general) but what would the Freelancers from RVB (Texas, Carolina, York, Washington etc) be renamed here? I suggest looking up the Red vs Blue Freelancers on wiki and rename them accordingly to the closes Roman province/lander analogue to the US States they were named after. I remember you talked about Caledonia being the Reich´s equivalent of Maine and now I can´t take the Meta seriously any more when I´m imagining him with Bagpipes.:p:D
I've actually watched some Red vs Blue a long time ago.:p The Freelancers would be renamed to the old Roman provinces, of course. And the Meta with bagpipes would be hilarious. I don't know what to do with Sheila the tank though.
How the heck did Vietnam become a great power stronger than Tawantinsuyu?!:eek:
Well, there are only about 20-30 nations in the world right now, compared to the almost 200 in real life. Plus Vietnam has a ridiculously high military and industrial score (compared to Tawantinsuyu, whose army I use as a punching bag every ten years or so). Sort of justified because I mentioned Hyundai (renamed to Hiendai) now being Vietnamese back in the 1980s cultural update.:D
Angelos would probably be included in that satire too, probably involving gay jokes at Angelos and Gandhi´s expense since they were allied with each other.:p
As for the great dictator, I can help with that. I love this speech so maybe you can use this speech for a flashback chapter or future chapters or something.:) You did adapt famous speeches in OTL for Otto in previous updates a few times if I recall.
While we're at it, we could include the other Axis dictators as well. Those jokes would be ridiculous and talked about for decades to come.
How was Charlie (Karl) Chaplin doing anyways after WW2 since I think you mentioned him in the 1940s culture update?
I haven't focused much on him and don't know much about the original Chaplin (though I may change that for the Kaiserreich AAR), so I'd assume he'd be a popular Babelsberg movie star from the 30s to 40s who is also a member of the SPR (and denounces equalism and fascism together).
I agree. I have another Hunger games question, through not really serious. Don´t you think that Kasierin Katniss I von Everdeen has a nice a nice ring to it. She probably wouldn´t accept being crowned after the Capitol falls and give the position of the new Monarch of Panim to someone else, but still.:p:D
Yeah, Empress Katniss would be epic. She'd of course only reign for a week before realizing she would be a terrible ruler and then handing the title to a more capable person.
Also with Angela having nightmares about a stuffed bunny right when those clones were doing shenanigans and with Anders dad being involved with that project it seems, are you implying something about Angela and Anders here? Particularly the thing I think you are implying.:eek:
Shhh, you saw nothing. Also, here's a bunny for you.;)

Edit: how did you notice both of these parts but not the one where Russian tanks literally bombarded the Duma?:eek:

Wowzers... that got downright creepy. By the time we get to Stellaris, we're gonna have Eve 90.

Edit: how did you notice both of these parts but not the one where Russian tanks literally bombarded the Duma?:eek:
I did notice, I just didn´t question it at the time since you did mention Russia was in trouble after the war awhile ago.:p Plus the Tsaritsa was quite old anyway. I do wonder what the film Anastasia (Sbyslava in TTL) would be like here? Unlike the movies we discussed previously it would most likely be nothing like the movie in OTL and would probably be more like an (maybe animated) bio pic on Sbyslava and a lot more historically accurate and less of a pseudo Disney movie. Also you didn´t mention him during Vicky 2 but did Rasputin still exist here during WW1?
Shhh, you saw nothing. Also, here's a bunny for you.;)
But I don´t see a bunny here!?!:eek: But just in case....
>
giphy.gif

I haven't focused much on him and don't know much about the original Chaplin (though I may change that for the Kaiserreich AAR), so I'd assume he'd be a popular Babelsberg movie star from the 30s to 40s who is also a member of the SPR (and denounces equalism and fascism together).
That seems right for Chaplin, also what did you think of the Charlie Chaplin speech I showed you?:)
I've actually watched some Red vs Blue a long time ago.:p The Freelancers would be renamed to the old Roman provinces, of course. And the Meta with bagpipes would be hilarious. I don't know what to do with Sheila the tank though.
The Meta with Bagpipes would be hilarious, since RVB is a comedy series it would make since, through not as intimidating. Tho since many of the Roman provinces were named with a female suffix (Gallia, Helvetcia, Hispaina etc) would that mean that the Freelancers would be mostly female in this timeline? I guess Tucker´s ¨Bow Chicka Wow Wow¨ jokes wouldn´t go too well for Tucker in TTL then.:D Also for the Roman equivalents of the main Freelancers in RVB, I´m thinking of Texas being Helvetica (because it sounds awesome.:p), Wyoming being Britannia (obliviously because of that accent), Washington being Illyria, Carolina being either Germania or Gallia, York being Hibernia (because Irish York sounds hilarious.), Florida renamed to Mesopotamia and North and South Dakota being Hispaina and Maruentina respectively. I´m not sure what to do with Georgia, CT (Connecticut) or any other Freelancer mentioned in RVB that I may of forgot. And we´ve already discussed Maine here so there´s that.:p

Also with Fusang and Vietnam becoming Great Powers, I´m kind of holding out for Pengali to be a great power as well which would have the effect of all Sino/Chinese sphere countries being great powers.:)

I´m kind of waiting for the moment when Anders eventually decides to confront his father after many years of distance. Anders dosen´t seems to not have a positive outlook on his father here.

Last edited:
how did you notice both of these parts but not the one where Russian tanks literally bombarded the Duma?
Oh I noticed that bit, I just assumed it's a normal Tuesday for Russia these days. RIP Sbyslava though, finally got to return to Russia just before dying of old age.

Wowzers... that got downright creepy. By the time we get to Stellaris, we're gonna have Eve 90.
Stellaris Episode II: Attack of the Eves :eek:
I did notice, I just didn´t question it at the time since you did mention Russia was in trouble after the war awhile ago.:p Plus the Tsaritsa was quite old anyway.
I may not have been clear enough in my previous post (I was on mobile and it was hard to type), but I was intending for Russia to slowly become this universe's Mexico (powerful cartels, corrupt government, weak law enforcement, a (re)developing country with a history of violence and oppression, and a powerful neighbor that fears a tide of illegal immigrants flooding the border). They'll be in trouble for a long time. Bombing the Duma is only the beginning.:eek:
I do wonder what the film Anastasia (Sbyslava in TTL) would be like here? Unlike the movies we discussed previously it would most likely be nothing like the movie in OTL and would probably be more like an (maybe animated) bio pic on Sbyslava and a lot more historically accurate and less of a pseudo Disney movie.
I don't know about Anastasia, as I never watched it, but I would think it would be a joint Russian-Roman production and be a live-action biopic of Sbyslava's life, maybe even Hitler's first live-action production (yes, I never thought I would be writing this sentence:p).
Also you didn´t mention him during Vicky 2 but did Rasputin still exist here during WW1?
I don't think he exists. I think I forgot to include him, but looking back, his nonexistence helps me focus all of the blame for the collapse of the Tsardom on Tsar Vladimir instead of having this weird mystic involved in court intrigue being blamed. But if he did exist (I may retcon this in the future, depending on where I take the story arc), he might be part of the Russian version of the Inquisition.
But I don´t see a bunny here!?!:eek: But just in case....
Fetch the Holy Hand Grenade! We got a rabbit to kill!
That seems right for Chaplin, also what did you think of the Charlie Chaplin speech I showed you?:)
I haven't seen it yet (for some reason, Youtube's audio doesn't work on my computer lately, and my phone has been giving me issues with accessing this website), but I found the text on Wikiquote (I assume it was the barber's, right?), and I think I would rewrite it in this universe as follows:

I'm sorry, but I don't want to be Fuhrer. That's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone, if possible, Muslim, Christian, Jew, Pagan, European, Asian, African, Eimerican. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other's happiness — not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another.

In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way. Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood, for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world — millions of despairing men, women and little children — victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me, I say — do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed — the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

Soldiers! Don't give yourselves to brutes — men who despise you — enslave you — who regiment your lives — tell you what to do — what to think or what to feel! Who drill you, diet you, treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men — machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts. You don't hate! Only the unloved hate — the unloved and the unnatural!

Soldiers! Don't fight for slavery! Fight for liberty! In the 17th Chapter of St. Luke it is written: "the Kingdom of God is within man" — not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power — the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.

Then, in the name of meritocracy, let us use that power! Let us all unite! Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give youth the future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie! They do not fulfill their promise; they never will. Dictators free themselves, but they enslave the people! Now, let us fight to fulfill that promise! Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

Soldiers! In the name of meritocracy, let us all unite!

Hilda, can you hear me? Wherever you are, look up, Hilda. The clouds are lifting. The sun is breaking through. We are coming out of the darkness and into the light. We are coming into a new world, a kindlier world, where men will rise above their hate, their greed and brutality. Look up, Hilda. The soul of man has been given wings, and at last he is beginning to fly. He is flying into the rainbow — into the light of hope, into the future, the glorious future that belongs to you, to me and to all of us. Look up, Hilda. Look up.
The movie received universal acclaim from film critics, and Karl Chaplin became a national celebrity who toured the rest of the free Reich giving speeches in defense of meritocracy and in denunciation of fascism. When Constantinople fell in 1941 and most of the Reich fell under Angeloi occupation, he was arrested by Angeloi secret police and brought before Markos Angelos, who promised to spare his life if he used his fame to convince the people of the Reich to swear loyalty to the Angeloi. Karl Chaplin chose death, and he was executed the next day in front of the Brandenburg Gate. His death would make him a martyr for the Loyalist cause, galvanizing resistance to the Angeloi.

The Meta with Bagpipes would be hilarious, since RVB is a comedy series it would make since, through not as intimidating. Tho since many of the Roman provinces were named with a female suffix (Gallia, Helvetcia, Hispaina etc) would that mean that the Freelancers would be mostly female in this timeline? I guess Tucker´s ¨Bow Chicka Wow Wow¨ jokes wouldn´t go too well for Tucker in TTL then.:D Also for the Roman equivalents of the main Freelancers in RVB, I´m thinking of Texas being Helvetica (because it sounds awesome.:p), Wyoming being Britannia (obliviously because of that accent), Washington being Illyria, Carolina being either Germania or Gallia, York being Hibernia (because Irish York sounds hilarious.), Florida renamed to Mesopotamia and North and South Dakota being Hispaina and Maruentina respectively. I´m not sure what to do with Georgia, CT (Connecticut) or any other Freelancer mentioned in RVB that I may of forgot. And we´ve already discussed Maine here so there´s that.:p
Yeah, the Meta with bagpipes wouldn't be as intimidating, but this is a comedy series. Grif and Tucker would just make a joke like "Hey, why does that guy have bagpipes?" followed by some mocking right before the Meta kills a bunch of people...with the bagpipes. And the Freelancers would be mostly female I guess. Carolina would be Gallia, Texas would be Helvetica, Wyoming would be Britannia, Washington would be Germania, York would be Hibernia, Florida would be Italia (both are peninsulas with large conservative and religious populations, generally speaking), North Dakota would be Illyria, South Dakota would be Greece, Georgia would be Hispania, and Connecticut would be Frisia. I don't know about the other Freelancers because I didn't get that far into Red vs Blue and the Wikipedia page isn't helping much.
Also with Fusang and Vietnam becoming Great Powers, I´m kind of holding out for Pengali to be a great power as well which would have the effect of all Sino/Chinese sphere countries being great powers.:)
Well, it would take time for Penglai to build up its industry and military (it's currently ranked in the lower half), but given enough time things might happen. Assuming it doesn't get itself into any wars in the meantime.;)
I´m kind of waiting for the moment when Anders eventually decides to confront his father after many years of distance. Anders dosen´t seems to not have a positive outlook on his father here.
I have plans to introduce the rest of the Humboldt family as I continue. And then you'll probably realize Anders is the most normal of them all, aside from his mother.:p
Oh I noticed that bit, I just assumed it's a normal Tuesday for Russia these days. RIP Sbyslava though, finally got to return to Russia just before dying of old age.
At least she got to die in the country she called home. Just don't mention how everything outside of Kiev and Tsarberg is basically on fire.:D

• 1Like
Reactions: