We're thrilled to announce Cities: Skylines - Parklife!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This expansion sounds really good. Seems like some of my suggestions in the past got a place into the game :) Most interested in park zoning and tourism enhancements and looking forward to the dev diaries :)

If this is an official announcement, then why is it posted here and not where I expect to find it, in Official News and Announcements sub forum?
And what is this "forum avatars and forum icon!" nonsense for pre-ordering? Is that really considered an incentive?
Which leads me to ask, is there any way to remove all of these avatars and icons? This has been bugging me for quite some time.
While I'm at it, is there a way to remove this silly military rank too?

If this is an official announcement, then why is it posted here and not where I expect to find it, in Official News and Announcements sub forum?
And what is this "forum avatars and forum icon!" nonsense for pre-ordering? Is that really considered an incentive?
Which leads me to ask, is there any way to remove all of these avatars and icons? This has been bugging me for quite some time.
While I'm at it, is there a way to remove this silly military rank too?

for some odd reson I like the icons.. And as you can see under my avatar it is possible to remove the military rank. But I can´t say I remember where.

Great news :)

Cities Skylines gets better each day, but it's lack of some...sport fields (tennis, baseball, etc). Is it planned in this expansion ? :)

Hi, I'm a little confused.
I called Steam directly and had all DLC´s listed there, first of all there was the new "Parklive" but there is nothing from Parklive Plus, only when you call the DLC yourself you get "Parklive" and "Parklive Plus".

Now I have pre-ordered Parklive via the DLC overview, what do I get Parklive or Parklive Plus?

What is the difference? and if there are differences then I want to buy the Parklive Plus and not just Parklive.

Request an explanation, either from Paradox Interactive or Colossal Order

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Yessssssss, no more needing two road mod (one to build zonable pedestrian pathway, anopther to keep the cars off the pedestrian parthways) and fifty different park downloads just to properly represent the diversity of parks and whatnot.

I can't wait!

Yes! This looks great! The biggest issue I have (unless all-in with mods) is having to deal with empty space, or trying to make 'something' that is not just buildings. This is perfect.

This looks very promising, indeed - but still, so many questions.

It says 'buildings' wrt. what you can plop down next to paths. Are there limitations here? Does this include regular zoned buildings (i.e. RCI) or service buildings with vehicles (Fire Stations, etc)?

Will footpaths still auto-delete at the slightest provocation (as in, overwriting/overbuilding), or will they be as sturdy as regular roads? My dream here is a toggle between the current mode and a 'sturdier' one, for easy footpath construction.

Since footpaths are a big part of this expansion - is there any chance we'll get a single-tile footpath 'spiral' staircase tower structure? I'm hoping for an easy way to create an urban bridge across a busy road here, with minimal footprint.

Will parks built in the 'empty spaces' between buildings require at least one footpath or street connection (so cims can reach them)?

Will there be farm fields following the same rules as the new free-form parks, or is that more of a future expansion thing?

If the new features are what I hope they are... RIP grid cities; I can finally create bendies without feeling inefficient.

Looking forward to stream on Friday; I'm assuming Zeke's Art Corner will take a closer look at an expansion build, now that it has been announced? :p

Not what I expected, I was expecting a Unnatural Disasters or an Random Events one, but it's still a cool DLC, where you can build more types of parks, zoos, and amusement parks, along with the sightseeing bus line.

At first I was kind of sceptical about this expansion, the tour bus thing is intriguing though...

FINALLY PARK DISTRICTS AND SOMETHING TO PUT IN BETWEEN BUILDINGS TOO!

Last edited:
Oh my god, I believe this is going to be the best expansion pack of the whole lot - I cannot wait! I've been asking for this sort of thing since launch!

If we got an expansion after this one using the same kind of tools (the district zoning) but focusing on expanding the industrial / blue-collar aspect (e.g. agriculture / oil fields etc), the game will then be perfect for me.

It would be great to have a agriculture/ oil / other rural industries expansion using that district zoning mechanic. Farms should be able to have big fields. Could also use that tool for just general industrial zones, it would allow big factories to spawn. I have always felt that these tight, small industrial zones don't feel realistic enough.

At first I was kind of sceptical about this expansion, the tour bus thing is intriguing though...

FINALLY PARK DISTRICTS AND SOMETHING TO PUT IN BETWEEN BUILDINGS TOO!

...All the people.
So many people...
Haha I thought of Blur immediately when I saw the expansion title.

What are the exclusive avatar and icon?
This is the unique icon:
CSLParklifePO.png

The avatars are all chirpy wearing different hats :D!