• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's really interesting, thanks for the story!

It seems that the Celts do fairly well for themselves in WtWSMS despite a mediocre, if not straight up bad, starting position. I would expect the Kemetic Garamantes to do much better, with their downright cheaty vassalizeable holy orders, but they seem to fall apart due to heresy really quickly.

In most of my games in WTWSMS, the celts became strong, at least in the islands.
But for the Garamantes, this time it was pretty good for them, until a Mandé West African king took the power, built a powerful Malian Empire for a century, even with the gavelkind, but ultimately a part of the dynasty convert to Nicene and they quickly convert the garamantians province, but some Kemetic/Atenic stronghold survived...
And this was also this Malian dynasty who destroyed the last remnant of celtic paganism on the continent, when by marriage they took control of the Visigothic kingdom, except for a little druidic theocracy around Bordeau, vassal of the Visigothic-mandé king for many decades. :D

They almost always reform in my games. The Romano-British are usually fully conquered within a decade but within a century Caledonia or one of the Pict tribes has displaced all of the Germanics. Its an easy reform for them after that point. I think they are in need of a retooling in fact as they are incredibly powerful.

Celtic Pagans are being nerfed for the next version, with new events for tribes with low tribal organisation to shatter upon succession, and a more aggressive spread of Christianity through events.

Celtic Pagans are being nerfed for the next version, with new events for tribes with low tribal organisation to shatter upon succession, and a more aggressive spread of Christianity through events.

Good idea. It's cool when they have a chance of making it through and retaking the Isles, but it kinda kills the special when they do it every time :rolleyes:

Year 1586. The Eastern Roman Empire still survives. The emperor holds a barony in Anatolia and has a vassal in some Greek isles. I still believe in the roman restoration.
20180309214233_1.jpg

The flags are messed up, I already know.

Year 1605. The world should get ready, they conquered another Greek island!
EDIT 1, YEAR 1625: They conquered the county of Athens, still alive and strong!
EDIT 2, YEAR 1645: They aren´t that OP, they lost the first mentioned island (Chios)

Last edited:
Found an interesting province in Africa. Any ideas how this happened?
Yes, probably due to some Jade Dragon events needing some work.

Well... This is new.
20180414210525_1.jpg
I've not seen this happen before. I've seen Soissons go a lot of religions: Pelagian, Insular, Arian, Donatist(that was a weird one admittedly), Mastimani(again, a weird one), Hellenic, and Mithraic, but never Jewish. Someone got a Jewish court educator I'd guess...

I'm playing up in the British Isles, so I'm not really sure what happened here. Odoacer is gone, Theoderic and the WRE are both pushed back out of Italy, and Italy itself seems to have imploded, full of single-county Roman warlords of varying religions. Honestly, could be a pretty fun scenario, I might make a change of character...

Attachments

• ck2_1.png
    ck2_1.png
    4 MB · Views: 105
I'm playing up in the British Isles, so I'm not really sure what happened here. Odoacer is gone, Theoderic and the WRE are both pushed back out of Italy, and Italy itself seems to have imploded, full of single-county Roman warlords of varying religions. Honestly, could be a pretty fun scenario, I might make a change of character...
Theoretically if a tribe managed to get the entire peninsula without any vassals and migrate this could happen, but it seems rather improbable. I would bet on a bug here.

Theoretically if a tribe managed to get the entire peninsula without any vassals and migrate this could happen, but it seems rather improbable. I would bet on a bug here.
I don't think it's a bug, since it looks like something I did myself in the Julius Nepos scenario. There, I defeated Theoderic in a defensive war after he defeated Odoacer, and, without understanding the mechanics, made him a foederati (sp?). That gave him half of my territory as a tributary but made Italy proper a mess of Roman counts ... and the Pope. It looks like the AI did the same thing here.

I do have my own bug to report - in an observe game, I noticed Odoacer's name had changed to "Mark" after he conquered Italy. And then when he died his son's name changed. It took me a while to figure out what had happened, but it turns out his war with Romulus Augustus allows him to gain the Papal title if he occupies Latium.

I don't think it's a bug, since it looks like something I did myself in the Julius Nepos scenario. There, I defeated Theoderic in a defensive war after he defeated Odoacer, and, without understanding the mechanics, made him a foederati (sp?). That gave him half of my territory as a tributary but made Italy proper a mess of Roman counts ... and the Pope. It looks like the AI did the same thing here.
Oh, I see. Some things will have to be tuned there to prevent this from happening.

I do have my own bug to report - in an observe game, I noticed Odoacer's name had changed to "Mark" after he conquered Italy. And then when he died his son's name changed. It took me a while to figure out what had happened, but it turns out his war with Romulus Augustus allows him to gain the Papal title if he occupies Latium.
Known issue, but the cause would rather from my experience be that Odoacer being able to revoke the Papal States.

Just doing a normal observe game when came across this: The ERE making a game of thrones again
20180506170245_1.jpg

Literally, because they are all from the same dynasty

The Crimean Goths have been kicked out of Crimea early on, and now they found a new purpose: Serving as the Governor of the Western Protectorate for the Buddhist Khitan led Northern Wei Dynasty in perpetual civil war

zP5rVjM.jpg