• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue I see with this is that while the suggestion for a family-based game would be close to CK2 this lies very close to V2 as that game has various competing factions that you try to keep from tearing the country appart and still go forward, even if economics is the main "thing" of that game.

And to be honst, if we are playing a country then what harm, aside from our pride, is there in letting an ambitious general do his coup and take over? We still keep control over the country and can easily engineer another general to conduct a coup if the first general bring unwanted changes. Just like we can in V2 simply move armies out of the rebels' path and let desirable rebels take over the country if we so want. Thus the whole part of rebellious generals becomes either at worst a speed bumb or nothing to worry about as far as the gaming aspect is concerned as it don't interfere more with our plans than we want it to do.

Really depends on how they ectually implement a civil war. In my mind it should be less about EU-style rebels and more about your empire splitting apeart in 2 factions and you have to defeat the other one. Cheesing out by choosing one site and let the other just win can easily be negated by making you go gameover when your side of a civil war looses.

On top of that there can be multiple nasty things get included that make sure that if you let it come to a civil war it's not gonna be just a matter of another general getting in charge, because it sets you back 50 years in your imperial march towards world domination: Decades of unrest and prosecutions in the aristocracy after the war (like after Sulla), they can implement that a year into the civil war some recently conquored area will go full rebel and declare independency (perhaps even allied to the other side of the civil war). Devestation throughout your empire should cost you lots of time, money and mana (if around) to restore just like after Ceasar's civil war the eastern provinces where virtually depleted of anything of value. It's just a matter of how they implement it but I really don't see how a system where you feel like 'herding a bunch of plotting, backstabbing, machiavellan cats' would inherrently lead to civil wars being just a speed bump, there are plenty of ways to make them really impactfull.

I can't say I know Victoria 3 well enough to argue about this looking too much like the internal politics over there but as far as I know there isn't anything like the Roman Senate system from EU:Rome there right? with characters with family ties vying for positions in the government etc.? it seems a bit far fetched to compare these things one on one since it's not just a few pie charts with factions and pop's but more about real characters making the factions. Seems like a totally different thing that would really nicely fit right between the character based gameplay of CK2 and the Empire level gameplay of Victoria and EU.

Pops is pretty much a fan favourite from the community but I feel they should leave that for Victoria, Culturals diversity in provinces should totally be a thing though considering this was quit important in how much manpower there was available for legions or greek phallanxes and how much for auxillary units.

I'm not sure that I really see the problem. There were many people in both Rome and Athens, the most known ancient states with elective officials, who held high officer numerous times during their life time. And lets not forget that politics won't be everything in a family-focused game. If you're not holding office you'll be building alliances with other groups, gathering informal influence, managing and increasing your estates and generally advancing your family's power base. Not to mention that given that you play as a family you are likely to also have a chance to use relatives in office to bend things your way.

In regards to Barcids, they ruled well in their personal empire in Spain, and from that power base they could well in time have tried to challenge Carthage and impose monarchic ambitions on that state.
I don't see any problem with running an RPG this way, where you play as a pater familias and spend most of your time managing your estate, building up your clients and pulling strings in the Senate. But there's no space for a grand strategy layer in that, because even a very successful official will only spend a fraction of his lifetime in a military office and will only be able to pass that office on in really exceptional cases.

On the Barcids note- they got to hold command in Spain almost on a hereditary basis, but multiple Carthaginian generals of the first Punic War were executed by the judges after defeat in battle. So that's a pretty massive generational change in how desirable it was to be a Carthaginian military officer.

Really depends on how they ectually implement a civil war. In my mind it should be less about EU-style rebels and more about your empire splitting apeart in 2 factions and you have to defeat the other one. Cheesing out by choosing one site and let the other just win can easily be negated by making you go gameover when your side of a civil war looses.

So much is true. Very much will depend on they bring it about. Even a half-way crappy idea for a feature can be ok depending on how its brought into the game.

But while I can understand your argument for making civil wars more serious I think that it actually goes conter to the idea of playing a state. If we're playing, for example, the Arverni then it makes no sense to me that just because one cheiftain losses control of the state that I would lose since the state I'm playing is still there even if under a new leader. If we are playing a state then we should also be playing that state as long as the state endures.

On top of that there can be multiple nasty things get included that make sure that if you let it come to a civil war it's not gonna be just a matter of another general getting in charge, because it sets you back 50 years in your imperial march towards world domination: Decades of unrest and prosecutions in the aristocracy after the war (like after Sulla), they can implement that a year into the civil war some recently conquored area will go full rebel and declare independency (perhaps even allied to the other side of the civil war). Devestation throughout your empire should cost you lots of time, money and mana (if around) to restore just like after Ceasar's civil war the eastern provinces where virtually depleted of anything of value. It's just a matter of how they implement it but I really don't see how a system where you feel like 'herding a bunch of plotting, backstabbing, machiavellan cats' would inherrently lead to civil wars being just a speed bump, there are plenty of ways to make them really impactfull.

Now nasty side-effects from a civil war is certainly something that I can support. And in addition to this I would argue that the effects should be different depending on what kind of ideology that the winning side supported. A more reasonably penalty should also, in my opinion, be that if a rebellion succeeds then it undermines the legitimazy of the state's government. Meaning that the more rebellions that are successful the more the doors opens for new rebellions as people are disillusioned with the system and see the ones holding power as having no more right to it than anyone who can take that power for themselves.

I can't say I know Victoria 3 well enough to argue about this looking too much like the internal politics over there but as far as I know there isn't anything like the Roman Senate system from EU:Rome there right? with characters with family ties vying for positions in the government etc.? it seems a bit far fetched to compare these things one on one since it's not just a few pie charts with factions and pop's but more about real characters making the factions. Seems like a totally different thing that would really nicely fit right between the character based gameplay of CK2 and the Empire level gameplay of Victoria and EU.

Well, I'm not a pro Vicky player but I am somewhat involved in that discussion. But in regards to the Roman senate I must confess that I am kind of dismissive about it. Its a special snowflake mechanic for a single state, out of very many. But I agree that the Vicky games have a certain shallowness due to the lack of characters taking part in the politics and mechanics of the game. Making all of it kind of annonymous to the player. The only characters that I can recall who do show up are generals and admirals.

Pops is pretty much a fan favourite from the community but I feel they should leave that for Victoria, Culturals diversity in provinces should totally be a thing though considering this was quit important in how much manpower there was available for legions or greek phallanxes and how much for auxillary units.

I agree entirely with this.

And I'd throw in an idea I had for Vicky 3. That is that there could be a three way path for cultural conversion. Say that the Romans have conquered a province with Etruscan culture and then tries to make these people into Romans. What would then happen in this model is that the dominant culture will start out as Etruscan, then will turn into Romano-Etruscans and finally into Romans, rather than jumping straight from Etruscan to Roman. Or another example could be that a Celtic tribes migrate into a province with Greek culture. The province will then go from Greek to Celto-Greek and then finally, if the Celts would desire such, into Celtic culture.

I don't see any problem with running an RPG this way, where you play as a pater familias and spend most of your time managing your estate, building up your clients and pulling strings in the Senate. But there's no space for a grand strategy layer in that, because even a very successful official will only spend a fraction of his lifetime in a military office and will only be able to pass that office on in really exceptional cases.

Well, the idea is that not only will you be active when in office but also out of office. Its not like rich and influential men were politically mute when not holding a direct office. Rather you'd be using your family connections and influence to get the officials to conduct policies that favors your view of it.

The way I see it is that this way the game would be more about political intrigues than anything else.

On the Barcids note- they got to hold command in Spain almost on a hereditary basis, but multiple Carthaginian generals of the first Punic War were executed by the judges after defeat in battle. So that's a pretty massive generational change in how desirable it was to be a Carthaginian military officer.

Well, in my opinion this shows how much potential there is to play a character based game. For example you can strike out in a private enterprize to create your own semi-independent realm. And if you're serving, or "serving", the state and getting defeated and risk execution at your return. Well, your still a general with money for the war and an army right there with you. I believe Caesar showed us how that kind of situation can come down.

Well, I'm not a pro Vicky player but I am somewhat involved in that discussion. But in regards to the Roman senate I must confess that I am kind of dismissive about it. Its a special snowflake mechanic for a single state, out of very many. But I agree that the Vicky games have a certain shallowness due to the lack of characters taking part in the politics and mechanics of the game. Making all of it kind of annonymous to the player. The only characters that I can recall who do show up are generals and admirals.

Well, the idea is that not only will you be active when in office but also out of office. Its not like rich and influential men were politically mute when not holding a direct office. Rather you'd be using your family connections and influence to get the officials to conduct policies that favors your view of it.

The way I see it is that this way the game would be more about political intrigues than anything else.

Well, in my opinion this shows how much potential there is to play a character based game. For example you can strike out in a private enterprize to create your own semi-independent realm. And if you're serving, or "serving", the state and getting defeated and risk execution at your return. Well, your still a general with money for the war and an army right there with you. I believe Caesar showed us how that kind of situation can come down.

It feels like you are leaning on two different and a bit contradictory thouhts. On the one hand you dismiss the senate mechanic from EU:R as a special one faction snowflake (even though it would also be vital for Greek democracies and Carthage) and on the other hand you paint a character based picture that seems completely aimed at that 'snowflake' scenario and would be not half as fitting in states without a senate and it's multiple offices available. For dictorships it would either have to look a lot like CK2 which feudalism does not fit the age half as well as the medieval times or it seems hard to see how it will be a very interesting mechanic if your character is half his life not much more then an officer in an army you cannot even control yourself or something like that.

On the surface I can totally understand the appeal of a character based game, even though I came late into CK2 and I find myself investing less time in it due to its age I see it's character based approach as one of the best GSG gameplay design choices ever. It's extremely original and interesting and I cannot wait for a follow up in a more modern coat. That being said I feel an antiquity game simply does not fit that approach as well as the feudal world since it would be more limited, (your character won't autonomally control any armies a lot of the time for example). From that perspective I'd love to see a new approach for this game with great characters and their squables but you trying to keep them in line. A empire building with great internal politics would really complement PDS's portfolio at this moment I believe.

It feels like you are leaning on two different and a bit contradictory thouhts. On the one hand you dismiss the senate mechanic from EU:R as a special one faction snowflake (even though it would also be vital for Greek democracies and Carthage) and on the other hand you paint a character based picture that seems completely aimed at that 'snowflake' scenario and would be not half as fitting in states without a senate and it's multiple offices available. For dictorships it would either have to look a lot like CK2 which feudalism does not fit the age half as well as the medieval times or it seems hard to see how it will be a very interesting mechanic if your character is half his life not much more then an officer in an army you cannot even control yourself or something like that.

Well, I don't think you are either entirely correct or entirely wrong in what you say about my stance. For a start, I will admitt to being a bit quick to focus on the "Roman senate" part which when I read it looked very much like a "Rome only" mechanic and I didn't think further about how this kind of general mechanic could be implemented into different sorts of states, like Greek democracies for example.

But in regards to character games I think that it wouldn't per necessity be harder to work in a monarchy. For example the Selecuids had many problems with dynasts and when the central power went into weakness, local powers would rise up to take advantage of it. Not to mention the "friends of the king" as was found in some Hellenistic kingdoms where a prominent noble was part of the king's inner circle and could operate with great authority on behalf of the king. And this wouldn't require any kind of pseud-feudalism to be added, only that it would be more based on political intrigue rather than military strength. Which while I think it could be cool, I understand would not appeal to everyone.

And being an army officer for half his time, when that would in my opinion grow influence and prestige in the same way that sitting on your liege's council in Crusader Kings 2 would allow you gain even as you publically worked for that king's benefit. In my vision a greater focus would be on gobbling up land and create a network of clients and allies so that you can make yourself king, and then keep all the other dynasts and great men down from coming to claim your throne.

But like I said, more focus on political intrigue rather than military conquests, unless you have made yourself king of course. And I realize this won't be the best fit for everyone.

On the surface I can totally understand the appeal of a character based game, even though I came late into CK2 and I find myself investing less time in it due to its age I see it's character based approach as one of the best GSG gameplay design choices ever. It's extremely original and interesting and I cannot wait for a follow up in a more modern coat. That being said I feel an antiquity game simply does not fit that approach as well as the feudal world since it would be more limited, (your character won't autonomally control any armies a lot of the time for example). From that perspective I'd love to see a new approach for this game with great characters and their squables but you trying to keep them in line. A empire building with great internal politics would really complement PDS's portfolio at this moment I believe.

Well, I will admitt that CK2 is my very favorite Paradox game to date. I just love, love and love it to death and beyond. So that's a reason as to why I would like to see another character based game by Paradox. There are so many really interesting characters that seems to no only have made a political mark but also lived the live many can, or dare, only dream about; Caesar, Alkibiades and so on. We know so much about not just politics but also life, society and what went on that to me it seems a bit of waste not to dive deep into the ancient world and bring back all that interesting and magnificent things that shape life in the era. I'm not sure how much flavor a state-focused game could bring the ancient world to life for us the way that a character focused game could.

On the other hand empire building with a focus on internal politics could also be interesting if done right. But yeah a character based game in Antiquity would be more focused on political intrigues rather than military activity and I understand that won't be everyone's treat.

The issue with a game based on "political intrigues" is it would poorly represent groups other the Romans, Greeks, and Carthaginians. While somewhat applicable to Eastern Empires, it would have very little to do in "barbarian" tribes.

Further flipping between personal and grand strategy repeatedly as your character gains and loses office would be disconnecting. Not to mention the player isn't going to have much fun if they put in a great deal of effort to build up the state, only for the AI to gain control and simultaneously declare war on every neighboring empire.

The characters and their individual issues should be more of a opposite of the player whose job it is to be the "Shadow Government" behind the real one. Playing puppets with the many people of the empire. Or as was said before, herding cats.

The issue with a game based on "political intrigues" is it would poorly represent groups other the Romans, Greeks, and Carthaginians. While somewhat applicable to Eastern Empires, it would have very little to do in "barbarian" tribes.

Further flipping between personal and grand strategy repeatedly as your character gains and loses office would be disconnecting. Not to mention the player isn't going to have much fun if they put in a great deal of effort to build up the state, only for the AI to gain control and simultaneously declare war on every neighboring empire.

The characters and their individual issues should be more of a opposite of the player whose job it is to be the "Shadow Government" behind the real one. Playing puppets with the many people of the empire. Or as was said before, herding cats.

Well, to start with I think that you are to focused on formal power and the holding of offices. I think more of the informal power that one could wield as a powerful man.

In regards to not having much to do with "barbarians" I reject such as evident by Caesar's conquests and "adventures" in Gaul and Germania that there was plenty of political scheming going on among Gauls, Britons and Germans. For its my conviction by reading history that there is not a single society that lasts more than a decade where there isn't political scheming. Could this scheming and intrigues take a different form than in Hellenic or Italic communities? Why, yes, it could well do so. The importance of being a warrior could well be greater and a more important part in your image. But to even think that there are socities where the mighty don't scheme and compete with each other seems ludicrous to me. I find the sheer idea of a intrigue-free society and elite ungraspable.

The flipping in and out of office should rather be a signal that perhaps the election process could be...improved, or that like Augustus its time to let the state and people come into your safe and comforting embrace...forever more. So I kind of think that one of the progressions of the game will probably be that a single family will come to a position of dominance within the state that the elections are either abolished or riddle with their dependents to the point that elections are meaningless. Just like in, for example, ancient Rome from Augustus and forward.

While herding cats can be fun, personally I think that three state-focused game series are enough from Paradox and I relish another character focused one. And like I said, to be but a shadowy hand behind the scenes miss the vibrant life of the ancient world. And I want to dive into that world and not return for a very long time. Nnt to mention as I did above that if we play but the state, much of the stress and struggle will lose their importance to us. If we are the state, what difference is there really to Caesar, or Augustus, taking power or the senate keeping it? Its very limited since we'll be calling the shots no matter what happens. At worst we'll have to engineer a new rebellion from a desirable factions to take over and that's it. If we're a character that can stand to win or lose depending on who wins the struggle, that struggle will mean more and there's a reason to use resources to secure on outcome or another.

I don't like this one bit. One unrealistic aspect of Crusader Kings is that your dynasty survives no matter what while England was ruled by multiple dynasties during this era. An unrealistic aspect of EUIII is that your country remains intact no matter what while in reality empires come and go, but at least the Roman Empire lasted throughout the time period of the game.

While herding cats can be fun, personally I think that three state-focused game series are enough from Paradox and I relish another character focused one. And like I said, to be but a shadowy hand behind the scenes miss the vibrant life of the ancient world. And I want to dive into that world and not return for a very long time. Nnt to mention as I did above that if we play but the state, much of the stress and struggle will lose their importance to us. If we are the state, what difference is there really to Caesar, or Augustus, taking power or the senate keeping it? Its very limited since we'll be calling the shots no matter what happens. At worst we'll have to engineer a new rebellion from a desirable factions to take over and that's it. If we're a character that can stand to win or lose depending on who wins the struggle, that struggle will mean more and there's a reason to use resources to secure on outcome or another.

Not that I can't understand your wishes because who wouldn't want to dive right in that and if you're right I'll gladly play it. I don't follow your reasoning about 3 state playing games and 1 character game. The way I see it PDS makes Grand Strategy Games and they try to give each of their games their own flavour and setting to keep the experiences fresh and unique. Your suggestion would be a lot like CK2 but in a different time period so that would imo make it a bit redundant. At the same time currently the portfolio of PDS is a bit light on a game where you manage a state but have some great internal dynamics and characters. That's the gap this game could perfectly fill and it wouldn't even be redundant compared to Vicky 2 (and presumably V3 when it comes out) since that's more about pop mechanics, trade and economics. My approach also easily allowes them to start working on CK3 whenever they want since that also will keep it's unique flavour

Not that I can't understand your wishes because who wouldn't want to dive right in that and if you're right I'll gladly play it. I don't follow your reasoning about 3 state playing games and 1 character game. The way I see it PDS makes Grand Strategy Games and they try to give each of their games their own flavour and setting to keep the experiences fresh and unique. Your suggestion would be a lot like CK2 but in a different time period so that would imo make it a bit redundant. At the same time currently the portfolio of PDS is a bit light on a game where you manage a state but have some great internal dynamics and characters. That's the gap this game could perfectly fill and it wouldn't even be redundant compared to Vicky 2 (and presumably V3 when it comes out) since that's more about pop mechanics, trade and economics. My approach also easily allowes them to start working on CK3 whenever they want since that also will keep it's unique flavour

What I wanted to say with 3 state and 1 character game was that just like EU, Victoria and HoI are all about playing states, yet they remain different experiences, so I think that a character-based game would not per necessity be all that similar to the CK series. I know for a fact that there are more imaginative brains than mine at Paradox so I think they would make it both different and a fresh experience rather than CK2-goes-ancient. Or at least any more than Victoria and HoI infringes on EU's flavor.

For like I said, I think that taking part in the actions is more interesting than puppeteering the action.

So, how do you guys think that religion could be handled?

An idea i had is that there would be the oppertunity to use omens, prophecies and oracles to advance your agenda but that with each use of this the Integrity of the religion would be decreased which in the long term would open up for conversion to other religions, most importantly in the spread of Mystery Cults as seen in later Antiquity when the Greco-Roman polytheism gav way, to my understanding of it, to Christianity, Mithraism, Cult of Isis and so on. And in India that the traditional Brahamin religion could be challgne by less orthodox sects, Buddhism and so on.

Effectively meaning that if you tax religion for all its worth, you'll drain it and soon enough up with religious strife as people look to new answers to the great questions of life, but if you don't exploit religion for political ends, you'll lose a valuable edge in the competition with your rivals even if you gain long-term stability on the religious front.

For me religion is not a biggie. It's good for a bunch of events and building or so but for me more important is how they implement different cultures. Religions in that time where pretty open aside from the Jewish faith and not exclusive to other faiths. At the same time cultural differences could mean being a first rate citizen that can run for office and serve in the proper army or being second class

For me religion is not a biggie. It's good for a bunch of events and building or so but for me more important is how they implement different cultures. Religions in that time where pretty open aside from the Jewish faith and not exclusive to other faiths. At the same time cultural differences could mean being a first rate citizen that can run for office and serve in the proper army or being second class

As long as people didn't take offence at the faith I agree they were pretty tolerant, as the Romans showed with the Cult of Bacchus, Christians and Druids.

But on another note, if the game would stretch further than the creation of the Roman Empire and certainly into late antiquity then religion will indeed become a major force in people's lives in a different way than it was before.

And culture is of course also important, but I'm sure we'll get into that eventually.

As long as people didn't take offence at the faith I agree they were pretty tolerant, as the Romans showed with the Cult of Bacchus, Christians and Druids.

But on another note, if the game would stretch further than the creation of the Roman Empire and certainly into late antiquity then religion will indeed become a major force in people's lives in a different way than it was before.

And culture is of course also important, but I'm sure we'll get into that eventually.

Fully agree with that. If the time stretches into late antiquity the rise of cults and christianity could certainly shake up the game. With respect to the scope of the game my feeling is though that it should stop somewhere around 200 or so. Later dates and mechanics would be nice to add with an expansion or DLC. I'd really rather have them focus on a good game for the 500 years or so that the game is going to take allready (assuming 300 BC to 200 AD)

200 feels too early maybe 300 or later 200s so you can see the beginning of what would come, but I have no great opposition to the game playing right up until Crusader Kings.

200 feels too early maybe 300 or later 200s so you can see the beginning of what would come, but I have no great opposition to the game playing right up until Crusader Kings.

I think 200 is plenty for the core game but I can see them stretching that with DLC's adding late game mechanics. The crisis of the third century and 3 kingdoms period should give plenty of inspiration for this approach. That way the core game is about building and maintaining your empire while the late game will be about saving it first from internal crisis and then from the migrating barbarians

I'm a big Graeco-Roman buff and read this thread with great interest.
A few thoughts on what I would like this next game to be:

1) In truth I hope they make a new game with Rome and Antiquity instead of making a EU spin off. I would like the game to develop more along the CK side than EU with the necessary modifications to fit the era. The scope to me should be more oriented to your Family (Gens) and to your network of clients and allies in the State rather than just ruling the State itself (which should be in but only if your Gens is holding a public office).

2) They need to incorporate Plebs, Patricians and Equites social status in the game associated to your Gens, maybe (even by bending a little bit the history for the sake of gameplay) with wealth, careful planning & alliances you could improve your conditions by ammassing wealth with trade you can become an Equites and from there one bribing your way to a political career and finally after successful conquests and glory became a member of the Patricians like a Novus homo and be part of the Senate. Each status could have potentially different missions and ambitions. Being a Pleb would be more about improving your economic conditions with various activities (tribune of the people, trade, military service etc.), when you ammass wealth after several generations you could become an Equites and here you could focus more on consolidating your position and get the first public offices making your name for your family with careful alliances.
Ultimately by the means of wealth and service to the State you could become a Patrician and have completely new set of ambitions more about ruling the State and joining factions in the Senate for power. Leading Armies and ruling provinces. Again it might stretch history a bit but at least you have some replayability and give you the thrill of seeing a humble family making to the top.

3) Having a more diverse private life for our characters. Develop as a staunch Roman traditionalist for more respect and authority or become an Hellenophile and get maybe some better stats from joining a philosophical school (Stoics, Epicureans, Platonics, Pythagoreans etc...). Joining a philosophical school should provide stats boost, lead to interesting private and public events, Debates with other characters and rivalry with characters belonging to different schools.

4) I hope the civilization system of the previous game come back. You need to expand in barbarian land and "civilize" it with constructions, colonies and laws. Defend the land against hordes to avoid losing percentage to it. I thought that EU Rome did a good job with that aspect.

Hope to see in the future a great game.

Last edited:
You didn't link to any proof of precolumbian contact the America's and the Old World. I'm really interested to see proof of Roman or Carthaginian contact with the Americas. I find that rather hard to believe.

Even when there was contact, such as the Norse settlements, this is not within the timeframe of the game, and, more importantly, it was rahter insignificant, especially on a continental scale.

And I absolutely agree that there were some really interesting civilizations that definitely deserve some lovin form Paradox, but I feel that they deserve their own mechanics in a different game. Actors in the America's in general were independent from those in the Old World, especially on a larger geopolitical scale.

There were caches of Roman era coins found in various places on the east coast of north america by colonists from england ( though that could just be from ancient ships that had crashed on the shoreline by accident and were left by survivors ). The best proof that there was contact between meditteranean cultures and north america prior to the roman empire is the phoenecians. They had a monopoly on what was considered the best lumber for ship masts. Each ship that came through straits of gibralter usually had at least some of these tree trunks in their hold. It was to find the source of these trees that was one of the reasons behind the conflict behind carthage ( a phoenecian empire) and rome. The thing is Rome never found the source ; because that particular species of tree does not grow in europe - it is only found on the east coast of north america and the romans weren't great sailors.

Status
Not open for further replies.