• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

emmasterakia

Community Developer
6 Badges
Mar 27, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
Hey MechWarriors and welcome to the official BATTLETECH FAQ!

We heard your request for a FAQ loud and clear and we hope you'll find all your answers covered here!

GENERAL FAQ

Is the game Single player or Multiplayer?
You’ll be able to play the open-ended Single-player Story Campaign, Single Player Skirmish against the AI and 1:1 Multiplayer PvP against your friends.

Will I be able to play multiplayer across gaming platforms?
BATTLETECH's Multiplayer PvP is platform agnostic - meaning PvP matches can be played between Steam/GoG/Humble and Windows/Mac/Linux (when available). It won't be dependent on platform.

Are there Clan ‘Mechs in the game?
The game is set in 3025 so there are no Clans yet, but in success, we plan to move the BATTLETECH timeline forward in later installments.

Why just a lance of 4 ‘Mechs?
We’ve found that around 4 is really a good “sweet spot” for tactical control in a squad-based combat game. Our goal is to deliver a great *squad* combat game, with an emphasis on detailed individual unit control over battlefield numbers.

Will BATTLETECH support different languages?
Only English on launch. However, we have plans to add German, Russian and French post-launch.

Will I be able to mod the game?
HBS offers no official mod support for the game but it is built to allow modding.

What about Steam workshop?
No, there will not be a Steam workshop.

This game looks nice but I want to know more before I put my money down, where can I find more info?
Trailer

BATTLETECH Basics: Combat

BATTLETECH Basics: Mercenary Life

BATTLETECH BASICS: Story

Story Trailer

Developer Streams

Mars 23 Combat Tactics

April 4 The Mechbay

BATTLETECH Dev Q&A

February 14

April 12

Press:

https://www.pcgamer.com/battletech-...l-combat-game-and-an-absorbing-mercenary-sim/

https://www.polygon.com/features/2017/11/29/16712660/battletech-kickstarter-firefly

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/27/battletech-launching-in-april-2018/#more-520779

Still want more? Check out CohhCarnage Pre-Release Let’s Play (Spoiler Alert!)

PURCHASING FAQ

When will Linux be available?
We anticipate updating the game to include Linux in 2-3 months after launch. (Thanks for your patience!)

Is there a non-Steam version?
Yes, BATTLETECH is available on ParadoxPlaza, GOG, and Humble, too.

What do I get if I pre-order on Steam?
The Shadowhawk Pack includes an alternate skin for the formidable Shadowhawk 'Mech plus an exclusive wallpaper, to be delivered at launch.

JFOcMKeHOCjpq3t_Fsp1Ci7XUxc_0xvQH8CsA5y6t3Z4ArFVnreRRns4nKbr24Zs-vD5WaDuMDHmgnAhBGwwJL7eDXsFO6wuk6vC-oZbUK-ZnnrxORELidLKDt9p8x96svMDmgS2

-So what does the Deluxe Edition get me?
- Artbook
- Soundtrack
- Forum Avatar for the official Paradox Forum
- Wallpaper (4K)

MtsW-CU9rpKgDpXMU_XLPnBukfsOg7S-pVVm82Pb-1kzhYdzffrBDjyvEXsS7zNAwtFU1Lknw0EZzRZLSh8Y8sXvS_1ilU04vVLYyb-sbhsfodb2PWMgNlIOlI1-nyu--UWr5vGb

If I pre-order, when will I get my game key?
Keys will be sent through email on release day, a few hours before the official release.

Will there be a pre-load?
YES! We will have pre-load! Starting Monday, April 23, 9am PDT!

BACKER FAQ :

Will I get the Pre-Order Shadowhawk skin and wallpaper, too?
All Backers at the Recruit level and above will ALSO receive the special edition Shadow Hawk skin and wallpaper upon deployment.

When and how do I get my launch key for the release?
All Backers get their digital rewards including launch keys from their BackerKit account. Keys will need to be copied and pasted into your preferred gaming platform.

Use this link to recover your BackerKit account: https://battletech.backerkit.com/

I'm having trouble with BackerKit - what do I do?
Just email info@hbs-studios.com and HBS will help you out.

Last edited:
What formats will the Soundtrack for Digital Deluxe Edition be available? Wav, Flac, Alac, AAC, and/or MP3?

Forgot the Mercenary Campaign developer stream (to go with the Combat Strategy and Mech Bay) ;)
And the PDX Plays the Campaign 01

No steam workshop support is bit sad. Hopefully the modding is easy. Always fear that niche games are made hard to mod so they sell more dlc mechs if that's the model.(Train simulator anyone, but the trains are nice thought, bit buggy at some times) But would pay few euros for mech if get the 360 view panning for the mechs.

Will see,24 can't come soon enough and interested in game. Also hoping that game has enough content to last to PoE 2.

No steam workshop support is bit sad. Hopefully the modding is easy.
HBS has said that while they won't build in mod support, they will not do anything to stop us modding the game, so most of the settings and definitions are in regular JSON files (which are human-readable text files and very easy to mod).

We have had a very active mod community since the early days of Beta.

HBS has said that while they won't build in mod support, they will not do anything to stop us modding the game, so most of the settings and definitions are in regular JSON files (which are human-readable text files and very easy to mod).

I assume you would just edit the game files directly (which will get overwritten when the game updates)? Would be better to at least have an override folder. Oh well...

I assume you would just edit the game files directly (which will get overwritten when the game updates)? Would be better to at least have an override folder. Oh well...
Make a copy in a non-install folder. That won't get overwritten if/when the game updates. They are just text files, so they aren't all that big.

Besides, "Always Keep a Backup" is generally sound advice :)

Make a copy in a non-install folder. That won't get overwritten if/when the game updates. They are just text files, so they aren't all that big.

Besides, "Always Keep a Backup" is generally sound advice :)

True, I have no problem doing that - there are plenty of merge tools in case HBS tweak (or add) some values to the files. That may be too much for some though.

"When and how do I get my launch key for the release?"

You answered how, but not when.
They haven't clarified When yet.

Keep your eyes open for a Kickstarter Update.

Hey MechWarriors and welcome to the official BATTLETECH FAQ!
We heard your request for a FAQ loud and clear and we hope you'll find all your answers covered here!...
Thank you Emma!

I'll add it to the links below. : )

Being a backer and seeing this Digital Deluxe edition makes me wonder. Will I have to upgrade my game to the DD version or will I get it by default as a backer?

Being a backer and seeing this Digital Deluxe edition makes me wonder. Will I have to upgrade my game to the DD version or will I get it by default as a backer?
If you backed at MechWarrior tier or above you have all the DD edition content. If you only backed at Recruit tier, then you won't.

If I pre-order, when will I get my game key?
Keys will be sent through email on release day, a few hours before the official release.

Will there be a pre-load?
No, there likely will not be a pre-load. We'll keep you posted!
This is extremely annoying for those of us on substandard connections that take days to download a game, and completely negates any reason to pre-order for myself. I get that HBS is likely planning on making changes right up to release, but even a large day one patch (of say around 5-10GB) would be better than having to wait until launch day to download the whole thing.