HOI4 Cornflakes 1.5.2 BETA patch [checksum: f49b]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last beta f49b, the white peace event with Japan doesn't fire, why?

Attached a savegame where I am about to destroy the last pocket of japanese on chinese mainland. Nobody is in a faction, we are both alone in the war.

Attachments

• Ironman Chine communiste 11.hoi4
    8,5 MB · Views: 7
I played on the patch to get Awake and Angry, with nationalist China, with 1.5.2 patch.
I've white peaced Japan in 1939.

In 1952, I defeated the Allies after entering Axis, because I had a hard time to establish a beachhead in Canada and US west coast. The German panzerdivisions helped me in America, but I got all the territory (I did a coup in the USA so Axis US appeared, but capitulated quickly).
I have 32% warscore, highest in Axis, Germany is at about 28%.

The peace conference opens, and before my first turn, Vichy France gets the Chinese port I have a core on (Guangzhou Wan ; I occupied it, and Vichy France had <3% warscore, maybe even 0%).
Now my 15h game is ****ed up, I have to defeat the Axis to get the achievement. Thank you, peace conference.

How come Vichy France, who did nothing in the war, gets a province where I have a core, while I have the highest warscore ? I can understand if I take something else in the first turns, but this is before I can do anything...

Last edited:
I played on the patch to get Awake and Angry, with nationalist China, with 1.5.2 patch.
I've white peaced Japan in 1939.

In 1952, I defeated the Allies after entering Axis, because I had a hard time to establish a beachhead in Canada and US west coast. The German panzerdivisions helped me in America, but I got all the territory (I did a coup in the USA so Axis US appeared, but capitulated quickly).
I have 32% warscore, highest in Axis, Germany is at about 28%.

The peace conference opens, and before my first turn, Vichy France gets the Chinese port I have a core on (Guangzhou Wan ; I occupied it, and Vichy France had <3% warscore, maybe even 0%).
Now my 15h game is ****ed up, I have to defeat the Axis to get the achievement. Thank you, peace conference.

How come Vichy France, who did nothing in the war, gets a province where I have a core, while I have the highest warscore ? I can understand if I take something else in the first turns, but this is before I can do anything...

Because it is owned by France, and therefore Vichy France has a core on it, and all cores belonging to the victors go back to their owners before the peace conference starts. If it belongs to a nation in a civil war then it will first go back to the victor of the civil war (in this case: Vichy France). This achievement is very hard because you effectively have to beat both the Axis and the Allies in a war.

This achievement is very hard because you effectively have to beat both the Axis and the Allies in a war.
Is this intended though?

Also is it possible to get an update if there have been any fixes to the issues for those of us who play (Nationalist) China?

Because it is owned by France, and therefore Vichy France has a core on it, and all cores belonging to the victors go back to their owners before the peace conference starts. If it belongs to a nation in a civil war then it will first go back to the victor of the civil war (in this case: Vichy France). This achievement is very hard because you effectively have to beat both the Axis and the Allies in a war.

Don't you have doubts about that thing is the correct way? Vichy France has no true civil war. Vichy France has a seperate peace with Germany and is a German puppet ....and cannot claim other regions that belong to the original france, except they got war score.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...sace-lorraine-after-allies-surrender.1086894/

Thanks for the answer.

But playing with PRC, I had no problem getting all 3 ports. The difference was that I didn't enter Axis, because I attacked a few years later (the war ended in 1961 instead of 1952) and I didn't need the help of Germany. I attacked the UK after capitulating the USA with PRC, but this time I wanted to do it quickly and had troops in UK and in north America at the same time.

I guess you have to stay in your own faction if you don't want to do a world conquest for this achievement...

Don't you have doubts about that thing is the correct way? Vichy France has no true civil war. Vichy France has a seperate peace with Germany and is a German puppet ....and cannot claim other regions that belong to the original france, except they got war score.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...sace-lorraine-after-allies-surrender.1086894/
Actually, Bratyn has fixed this issue for Alsace-Lorraine in the 1.5.2 beta, so things should be better now at least (with Elsass-Lothringen being the territory held by France most sought after by Germany). Though, if you're still here Bratyn, I've found a slight issue in the coding of the availability of the two focuses that reintegrate said state ("Reintegrate Luxemburg and Alsace-Lorraine" and "Reinstate Imperial Possessions"). If you'll have a gander at the code:
Code:
available = {
      is_puppet = no
      has_full_control_of_state = 28
      OR = {
            FRA = { has_capitulated = yes }
            FRA = { is_subject_of = GER }
            NOT = {
                  any_country = {
                        original_tag = FRA
                        exists = yes
                  }
            }
            owns_state = 28
      }
}

The third line here (has_full_control_of_state = 28) is what I'm concerned about. There should also be a check for if it's controlled by a subject of Germany, in case the war is over and it has come under control of a Vichy France or Bourbon France that is a German subject. So you're gonna need to make another "OR =" statement in the availability.

Other than that, shout-out for good coding:
Code:
if = {
    limit = {
        NOT = { owns_state = 28 }
    }
    transfer_state = 28
}
:cool:

Are all the parameters that adjusted MEFO in external files? I had a look in one of the files I have modded and found refereneces to MEFO, but I wasn't sure if that is the sum total of the changes made.

Reason I ask is: I like the 1.5.1 MEFO settings just fine, but some of the other stuff in 1.5.2 sounds nice.

Are all the parameters that adjusted MEFO in external files? I had a look in one of the files I have modded and found refereneces to MEFO, but I wasn't sure if that is the sum total of the changes made.

Reason I ask is: I like the 1.5.1 MEFO settings just fine, but some of the other stuff in 1.5.2 sounds nice.
the effects are in the german /ideas file

Any chance to see a fix to the AI distributing carrier aircraft to airbases instead of carriers?

If you have load a modded carrier in an oob at the start of the game without aircraft deployed to it, they'll deploy the aircraft to air bases instead of carrier and then the Ai will begin producing carrier aircraft to put on those carriers...

----

Is there any chance to get the AI_dump command to work so we can see what ai_strategies are in effect?

Since this version of the beta patch has been with us a few days, I have been able to getting deeper into the game. I think MEFO is just about right now. It's slow going at first, and you do have to adapt to the new mechanics & the 28 military factories you start out with as Germany, but it seems pretty balanced & challenging. If anything, maybe political power is still too low, but as I played deeper into the game, it got better in the war years [obviously, because MEFO ends then]. I have pretty much filled my slots - it's early '41 - all but naval & air designers - even switched out Funk for Hess after my main push for military factory builds was finished. And, I used some PP on improving worker conditions & anti-communism raids. I'm satisfied.

Before this becomes official, 2 things I noticed that ought to be fixed [pretty minor, though]:

1 - besides already mentioned issues with the Spanish Civil War, another related "bug" is that when the war really does end, any lend-lease equipment you might be sending over there does not automatically stop.

2 - Dispersed Industry IV shows up in your ongoing research panel as dispersed_industry4.

Oh - and Heinz Guderian still falls ill if you assign him to command a force at or near the beginning of the game. It only lasts for 30 days and since nothing is really going on, it has only a negligible effect.

OK - back to war!

. . . SNIP . . .

Oh - and Heinz Guderian still falls ill if you assign him to command a force at or near the beginning of the game. It only lasts for 30 days and since nothing is really going on, it has only a negligible effect.

OK - back to war!

Check and see what hex Guderian is in after you assign him. Presumably you are assigning him to a tank, and then maybe leaving the division there?

Marsh hexes seem to cause illness. That may be what you are experiencing?

ADDIT: did that map glitch with the Polish colonies down there east of Brno get fixed? I didn't realize this 1.5.2 was still beta. Probably a bad idea to update in mid play so I guess I'll continue to hold off . . .

Can there be a focus or event to have France or Vichy France return their port after the war, like they did historically in 1946?

I tested the patch with Italy in historical mode and I had the Franco-British union was formed then there was the entry into the war of the United States on December 31, 1939, then Romania fought a civil war between facists and non-aligned, and Germany sends its divisions to suicide by trying to go to Norway that I made capitulated and of which there are my divisions in garrison, and to finish a bordergore of Hell in the Balkans.

Check and see what hex Guderian is in after you assign him. Presumably you are assigning him to a tank, and then maybe leaving the division there?

Marsh hexes seem to cause illness. That may be what you are experiencing?

I assign him to 2 panzer divisions waiting for the Spanish Civil War to begin. I usually put him near Hannover in a port hex. Don't think it's marsh. In March or April, he gets sick for 30 days. Maybe he doesn't want to go? :)

EDIT: I checked, and you are correct. He IS in a marsh hex. Still, it seems odd that I have never seen a general get sick until Guderian -- in fact, I didn't even know that they could get sick in the game. Thanks for the insight!

Last edited:
It's cool! Now I'm waiting for East Europe regions fixes, for example :
  1. Bialystok should be separated into two parts - Belarusian Grodno and Polish Bialystok.
  2. And, of course, Ostpreussen should be separated into Königsberg and another state near Polish border too.
Thank you for reading this!

Status
Not open for further replies.