Mod Announcement: Going To Add All Missing Varients

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rhodium

Second Lieutenant
2 Badges
Feb 24, 2018
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
Just got a look at the games confirmed varients list and boy am I steamed :mad: my favorite varient is missing... buuuut that's mostly good for you mechwarriors, because I have a declaration for you all.

On launch day I am going to undertake the task of adding in every single canonical in-timeline mech variant that's missing from the game (whose art assets are present, obviously).

Each variant will have its hardpoints inflated to a level that is comparable to the variants already present in game. Variants that share the same canonical hardpoint setup will only have their inflated hardpoints differ ever-so-slightly to reflect their canonical similarity. Each variant that's added will also be fully integrated into the game's economy with hand-tooled cbill costs, rarity, and backend battle values.

Without Further Ado, this is my to-do list:

LIGHT
Locust - LCT-1E, LCT-3V
Commando - COM-1D
Spider - SDR-5D, SDR-5K
Firestarter - FS9-A, FS9-K, FS9-M
Jenner - JR7-A, JR7-F
Panther - PNT-8Z
Urbanmech - UM-R60L

MEDIUM
Cicada - CDA-2B
Blackjack - BJ-1X, BJ-1DB, BJ-1DC
Vindicator - VND-1AA, VND-1X
Centurion - CN9-AH
Hunchback - HBK-4H, HBK-4J
Trebuchet - TBT-5J, TBT-5S, TBT-7K
Shadowhawk - SHD-2K
Wolverine - WVR-6M

HEAVY
Dragon - DRG-1C, DRG-1G
Catapult - CPLT-A1, CPLT-C4
Orion - ON1-VA
Black Knight - BL-7-KNT-L

ASSAULT
Awesome - AWS-8R, AWS-8V
Victor - VTR-9A, VTR-9A1
BattleMaster - BLR-1D, BLR-1S
Stalker - STK-3H, STK-4N, STK-4P
Highlander - HGN-733C
Banshee - BNC-3Q
Atlas - AS7-RS

(Due to concerns of geometries not behaving correctly or downright not existing the COM-1C, HBK-4N, HBK-4SP will be included in a separate file. Use at the peril of your own immersion:p)

Due to the fringe nature of most of these variants, most will be set up to be quite rare, only poking their heads into your game on occasion to give you more variety. Most won't be worth the effort of salvaging, though a few such as the Grand Dragon, the Vindicator Avenging Angel, and Battlemaster-1S will likely become prized and sought after items.

If anybody would like to consolidate their efforts with mine, or provide any assistance to get this done faster, let me know! I plan to start with Assaults and work my way down.

But what about the Mech's identity? How can a CN9-A mount an AC20 in its arm?!
I'm not sure that's within the scope of this project. I'm not going to take away the CN9-A's ability to mount an AC20 just because that's what the CN9-AH does. The CN9-AH is just going to come with different "inflated" hardpoints and will be significantly rarer, and when the AI inserts it into a mission, it will be carrying an AC20 stock.

Because in this game an ac 20 takes less crit spaces then it used to but also in tabletop crits could be split between locations. So the only reason to add the AH is for an ac20 stock cent.
I believe the AH actually removes its lower arm actuator to mount that AC20 instead of splitting locations.

As long as the variants added are from 3025 or before, I'm down for using it on my second play through. On my first time around, I was actually going to record the legit stock game variants of primary mechs with how often they appear as either salvage in stores or as enemies on the field and where I was in a given system when it happened. When my play through is done I'll hand off my log for others to compare and it might be of use for tuning your mod for rarity settings for your stuff.

I believe the AH actually removes its lower arm actuator to mount that AC20 instead of splitting locations.

There was a thread specifically about the AH and MAO is the only place where that comes up. Sarna and the TROs don't mention removing the actuator just the LRM launcher.

I have no issue with adding it because for the player it Doesn't mean anything really since the 9-A can carry and AC 20. I kinda want just so the so for gets an ac20 mech.

Why bother making the DRG-1C? All it is is a DGR-1N with an AC/2 installed and the weight savings invested in armor.

As long as the variants added are from 3025 or before, I'm down for using it on my second play through. On my first time around, I was actually going to record the legit stock game variants of primary mechs with how often they appear as either salvage in stores or as enemies on the field and where I was in a given system when it happened. When my play through is done I'll hand off my log for others to compare and it might be of use for tuning your mod for rarity settings for your stuff.

All variants are 3025 and before. I may do a one-off addon that adds 3026 mechs later because I know there's a certain Banshee that's quite popular ;)

Why bother making the DRG-1C? All it is is a DGR-1N with an AC/2 installed and the weight savings invested in armor.

Mostly so it will appear in the AI's pool of mechs to use in procedurally generated missions. But I'll also ensure it's "inflated" hardpoints are different from the 1N's, and it'll be rarer.

...Each variant that's added will also be fully integrated into the game's economy with hand-tooled cbill costs, rarity, and backend battle values...
Thank you good Sir! :bow: I never modified my Backer Beta experience, but you are tempting me more now than I ever was previously. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Oh, I like that! More big stompy robots is always better!

I think it might be possible to include 1/2 tons of ammo by just creating a new ammobox with the same "AmmoID" : "Ammunition_MG" tag. I'll try this out, just as I'm trying the HBK-4SP geometry, I think it should work. Will report soon.

Oh, I like that! More big stompy robots is always better!

I think it might be possible to include 1/2 tons of ammo by just creating a new ammobox with the same "AmmoID" : "Ammunition_MG" tag. I'll try this out, just as I'm trying the HBK-4SP geometry, I think it should work. Will report soon.
If half tons of ammo can be modded in, rounding ammo down to the nearest whole number on the split, I would appreciate the hell out of it.