EU4 Dev Clash #10 - Rule Britannia - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The real thunderdome though was three campaigns ago.

I fondly remember that one too, but the Indian Triumverate vs the Eternal Order is fresher in the memory

The naval battles in the last session was kinda fun!

I sent 14 Carracks down to the mediterranean.

Captains Log

27th of July 1540 - Straits of Gibraltar
Sank aragonese fleet of 9 galleys, 1 light, 1 heavy and 6 tranports.

17th of March 1541 - Bay of Alexandria
Encountered Byzantine Fleet of 18 galleys, 7 light & 9 transports. Most of them sunk

31st of December 1543 - Western Mediterranean
4 Aragonese Transports attempt to flee as Baleares is liberated. All sunk.

10th of March 1544 - Cape Bon
Last Aragonese ships sunk as they try to escape the liberation of Sardinia. 8 sunk, 1 galley captured.

Total damage to the British Fleet. eh.. damage?
So your basically admitting you betrayed your Swedish allies?
This shows there was literally nothing they could do if you'd been mercing up heavily, assaulting Constantinople down and jumped back on your fleet Viking style - repeated ad nauseum for every Byz/Austrian coastal city.

You didn't even jump in to occupy Fyn to block Austria+Bohemia from crossing the straits, it's not even fortified so they may well not have noticed in time to prevent it.
Another option - send your units as support in battles, every tick it takes to kill them is one more where Sweden could break their center without getting flanked.
Sieging a vassal of the warleader isn't helping out, particularly not when you had the much more constructive options above. You betrayed them, seemingly for not wanting to hurt your economy and/or relations with Austria/Byz.

You didn't even jump in to occupy Fyn to block Austria+Bohemia from crossing the straits, it's not even fortified so they may well not have noticed in time to prevent it.

Didn't even think about the Fyn thing there.

Didn't even think about the Fyn thing there.

Hmn, so you are telling me one of the most experienced EU players forgets to close a strait ? I find that hard to believe.

Captains Log

Encountered Byzantine Fleet of 18 galleys, 7 light & 9 transports. Most of them sunk

Last Aragonese ships sunk as they try to escape the liberation of Sardinia. 8 sunk, 1 galley captured.

There doesn't seem to be any fight with equal strength in there, so that is not really surprising that you didn't take any damage. What I am quite interested in though is whether the English navy can be beat at all. My experience (which obviously is highly subjective) is that it doesn't matter at all with how much of an advantage in numbers you go and fight the english, they will win with the right ideas. This is somewhat problematic in my opinion, as you can win with sufficient numbers against a Prussian, French, Swedish Army (which are the closest analoges in land based combat) but no matter your Navy you can't win against the English on sea.

Captains Log

So, were you taking notes while the game was running, or did you record your own perspective? Cause remembering the specific dates seems somewhat remarkable. If you did record, is there any chance us plebians could see those at any point?

The real thunderdome though was three campaigns ago.
THIS was an epic DevClash!

My highlight were the "300" Bruneian soldiers, kicking all invaders back into the sea for a very long time until they finally fell. ;)

Pretty sure Johan, or anyone with even a hint of a fleet, would sneak up on me with a pillow and keep it on my mouth until I stop struggling.

I am pretty sure there is no one in Canada (future Vinland) yet, and having you retreat to N.A does serve British interests, or even Portueguese and Moroccan interests, and it is still a much better choice than being hung in Costantinople or banished to Siberia (though who knows, Groog could be tasty). But still, Joining gulag 400 years ealier would certainly not make Papa Stalin born ealier, and won't make you Papa Stalin as well. After all, who's going to stop German Reich(s) in late game other than semi-polar bear, I am sure Brits or Chinese must understand that.

I assume those of you that are suggesting ForzaA run to the new world understand you cannot just switch your capital there. That requires you actually losing most all of your land in Europe to do.....

^^^^
This edit is to ask? How can you respectfully disagree with this? Its a simple in game fact you can't just move your capital, did I somehow offend you? Why would you Respectfully disagree with what I said?

Last edited:
So, were you taking notes while the game was running, or did you record your own perspective? Cause remembering the specific dates seems somewhat remarkable. If you did record, is there any chance us plebians could see those at any point?

I was checking the savegame

index.png