EU4 Dev Clash #10 - Rule Britannia - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
By the looks of it this viewerbase would have the rest of the world roll over and submit to Roman imperialism, handing him the trophy already in session 3. I say 'no'! 'No!' to living under the yoke of the Roman; a 'no!' to the Roman ruining all Free Nations' unalienable rights of an even, fair fight with their neighbours; a 'no!' to perpetual Johan propaganda, spoon-fed with every daily meal; and a resounding 'no!' to unopposed Roman expansion throughout Asia and Africa.

Death over servitude. Death over cooperation with the devil. Death over Roman 'citizenship'.

I will never cease fighting the Roman until my dying breath, even if I do so alone.
That's the spirit! Now you just need @Da9L to join and then you can cripple byz with a massive salt overdose!

Seriously though, good luck!

By the looks of it this viewerbase would have the rest of the world roll over and submit to Roman imperialism, handing him the trophy already in session 3. I say 'no'! 'No!' to living under the yoke of the Roman; a 'no!' to the Roman ruining all Free Nations' unalienable rights of an even, fair fight with their neighbours; a 'no!' to perpetual Johan propaganda, spoon-fed with every daily meal; and a resounding 'no!' to unopposed Roman expansion throughout Asia and Africa.

Death over servitude. Death over cooperation with the devil. Death over Roman 'citizenship'.

I will never cease fighting the Roman until my dying breath, even if I do so alone.

The Tatar Yoke will be crushed, their tents burned and their lands salted but Rome recognizes the fighting spirit of the Kazani people! Fight well and bring glory to your ancestors!

The good thing is, that you don't even have to bring any salt, the Kazani are already salty enough.

The majority of the viewerbase is on the Byzantine side as he was the underdog and won. Even in the most hugboxing time of hugboxes not ever where there 9 people against 2. We all understood why you did such a craven thing (and it was a great accomplishment) but to then loose a war you started and react like a little kid that was stolen its Lollipop of course people won't like that. Especially not after the first episode where everyone gobbled up Muscovy in a similar manner and was nice and smug about it. What should Kaiser Johan have done ? be nice to everyone, let his moment of strength pass to be eaten up later ? That's what happened to Groogy when he was playing the ottomans. That cost him quite a bit of placement in the longterm.

In proportion the recent record remains the 7 against 1 done on Da9L when he was playing Brunei. There was indeed a 13 against 2 (6.5 ratio) against StarNaN and Imse in the custom DEV MP.

Note that this is half the story - this is the number of players, the comparison in development and in armies fielded also tells different stories - last session roughly a 2 against 1 essentially in both these respects. The picture was a lot less flattering for StarNaN and Imse, and even less for Da9L (who had 1/6th the development of his enemies).

Having come back and updating all my DLCs for all of Paradox games of the last few years, can only say that I am happy with the crazy improvements the games have gone trough! Thumbs up to the devs. Impressed and entertained by the way the Kaiser has managed to stay afloat. What i do wonder is why on earth the French and Castillians did not cut off the dardanelles with their superior fleet. KJ could just rampage 1 at a time with his entire army. Slightly astounded in what way Bratyn seems to be able to always get people to do things for him. He is the main target of any aggression from KJ in any direction other then Mamluks and QQ. Why on earth would France and Castille who have OP endgame coming up and the more important task of expanding asap to have enough landforce limit by the late game to counter Starnan and Duplo in Bohemia (who is quietly gobbling up Prussia and will jump the chance to help eat up Denmark and PLC once Sweden and Hungary decide its time for them to die), forming Prussia incoming. England in the meantime laughing from the sidelines expanding colonially while his "allies" weaken themselves. Though Katz seems to quietly play along aswell and gobbling up his neighbours with France help. Only way out for Bjorn might be to betray both Poland and Kazan and put his lot in with the Kaiser. A dishonarable path, but what can he do? France and Castille will not be so foolish to let themselves be abused for someone elses ends forgoing vital strengthening of their own nations. In the meantime surprised by the swiftness the Indians put their mark on the subcontinent. Hope they can build up fast enough to prevent KJ from storming in. Mali doing well but sadly will be destroyed the monent they encounter western or eastern units. Starnan in my opinion manouvring the best with one of the more difficult starting positions. Bohemia and Hungary and the Pope seem to be staunch allies while the Western alliance foregoed the chance to gobble up a big part of the HRE, while he and Bohemia were weak. With KJ on his eastern and southern border and an ally of KJ in the middle of it he is as good as safe from that side. HRE formed in mp would be op and amazing lol!

Last edited:
Wow.

You all lost

I hope that this is the first of many attempts before things really go south. If byzantium breaks through to perisa or to egypt, i'm not sure what you can do about it.

I suppose it's good that uk, spain and france can have their colonies, but will it help them? Let's find out!

did you forget how powerful Prussia was last match???

Are you unaware that Starnan is building up pretty much unchecked in the HRE?!?

The Byzantines havent run away with anything as of yet....

Fredrick II had a much better quip there, when the Swedish ambassador came to him begging Peace he retorted "I wasn't aware of being at war with Sweden"

I assume this is basically Iron Clad confirmation that you don't have a second coalition?

Having come back and updating all my DLCs for all of Paradox games of the last few years, can only say that I am happy with the crazy improvements the games have gone trough! Thumbs up to the devs. Impressed and entertained by the way the Kaiser has managed to stay afloat. What i do wonder is why on earth the French and Castillians did not cut off the dardanelles with their superior fleet.

I see you missed the new feature there, If you control both sides of a strait a fleet can't prevent you from crossing. Since the Orthoman has forts on both side you can't quickly cut it.

... Only way out for Bjorn might be to betray both Poland and Kazan and put his lot in with the Kaiser. A dishonarable path, but what can he do? ...

Poland is my homie, and Lithuania is nothing but honorable (and commited to the entertaining value of the stream). We rise and fall together!

I am rooting for the Kaiser but i am lowkey hoping that Starnan manages to reform the HRE and that we will have a Holy Roman Empire vs a Eastern Roman Empire standoff as a finale of the season.. In that case i would root for Starnan as Austria

I am rooting for the Kaiser but i am lowkey hoping that Starnan manages to reform the HRE and that we will have a Holy Roman Empire vs a Eastern Roman Empire standoff as a finale of the season.. In that case i would root for Starnan as Austria
If StarNaN gets there, I have a feeling he'll have at least been Prussia for a moment, and no longer Austria ^^

Sorry Bratyn, but you murdered MikeSC and it's hard to sympathize with someone who so thoroughly destroyed a player in session 1. You organized a gank of Muscovy in session #1 and it succeeded, you organized a coalition against Byzantium in #2 and it failed. I don't know if there's much more to say beyond that: It seems like you made the mistake of attacking MikeSC instead of the real power behind Team Johan last game, and you're being punished for your mistake and nothing else.

Bro's for life!
Indeed, you should hang together, or you must assuredly will hang separately. ;)

For Lithuania and Poland i think best would be expanding east, both Bratyn and Groogy are very weak and if they dont go east fast enough the Kaiser surely will, even if its just to get rid of Kazan. Then they will end up completely boxed in.
If they manage to grow Lithuania enough and feed Poland every minor nation they can get their hands on, they might just become strong enough to take on Skandinavia or HRE and break out of the box.
If they keep holding hands with their neighbours they will loose.

Same for Sweden and Denmark, dont forget that cheeky c0ckblock Bratyn pulled on your east borders, you need to eat or you are done for.

Trin Tragula as France, sorry but you are dead, you are starving whilst your allys are feasting away.
Dev clash is not the time nor place for going on a lenten period to prove how preserving you are. pun intendet.. also i think there is a typo on your intro video it says perserving there
Nobody is to be trusted, especially not Katz or "accidental white peace Johan", those are just completely unreliable teammates that are always hungry but will let you down when you need them the most.

Last edited:
Sorry Bratyn, but you murdered MikeSC and it's hard to sympathize with someone who so thoroughly destroyed a player in session 1. You organized a gank of Muscovy in session #1 and it succeeded, you organized a coalition against Byzantium in #2 and it failed. I don't know if there's much more to say beyond that: It seems like you made the mistake of attacking MikeSC instead of the real power behind Team Johan last game, and you're being punished for your mistake and nothing else.

Indeed, you should hang together, or you must assuredly will hang separately. ;)

MikeSC will be avenged and our Orthodox brothers will be liberated from the tyrant Bratyn, Plunderer of Moscow! Death to the hugboxers!