EU4 Dev Clash #10 - Rule Britannia - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, time to pledge my allegiance to the Augustus of the Romans. Time to reform the Roman Empire and shame the hugboxes. ROMA INVICTA!

Year of our Lord 1501
eu4_map_TRS_1501_01_02_1.png

eu4_map_TRS_1501_01_02_2.png

eu4_map_BOH_1501_01_02_1.png

####################
## STATS FOR MP ###
####################
Current Score
  1. Ming 615 (+1.28)
  2. Byzantium 539 (+1.01)
  3. France 369 (+0.73)
  4. England 365 (+0.78)
  5. Mamluks 363 (+0.59)
  6. Austria 316 (+1.05)
  7. Hungary 293 (+0.82)
  8. Castile 288 (+0.78)
  9. Lithuania 116 (+0.00)
  10. Qara Qoyunlu 114 (+0.00)
  11. Denmark 80 (+0.00)
  12. Timurids 58 (+0.00)
  13. Kazan 30 (+0.36)
  14. Poland 24 (+0.00)
  15. Muscovy 19 (+0.00)
  16. Jaunpur 18 (+0.00)
  17. Holland 13 (+0.00)
  18. The Papal State 9 (+0.00)
  19. Aragon 7 (+0.00)
  20. Hamburg 7 (+0.00)
Development
  1. Ming 1230
  2. Byzantium 1009
  3. France 567
  4. England 462
  5. Mamluks 434
  6. Austria 433
  7. Lithuania 426
  8. Castile 419
  9. Kazan 403
  10. Hungary 335
  11. Qara Qoyunlu 307
  12. Jaunpur 304
  13. Vijayanagar 289
  14. Morocco 285
  15. Denmark 278
  16. Poland 278
  17. Transoxiana 264
  18. Multan 247
  19. Gujarat 246
  20. The Papal State 240
Income
  1. Ming 94.60
  2. Byzantium 56.04
  3. Austria 43.98
  4. France 40.32
  5. England 36.52
  6. Castile 35.43
  7. Mamluks 34.77
  8. Jaunpur 33.91
  9. Hungary 32.30
  10. The Papal State 31.53
  11. Bohemia 31.01
  12. Vijayanagar 29.73
  13. Denmark 27.86
  14. Gujarat 27.22
  15. Lithuania 26.88
  16. Kazan 24.97
  17. Transoxiana 24.17
  18. Qara Qoyunlu 23.15
  19. Korea 21.19
  20. Lübeck 19.46
Max. Manpower
  1. Byzantium 63,198
  2. Austria 60,667
  3. Ming 59,089
  4. France 58,910
  5. Mamluks 53,530
  6. Transoxiana 43,220
  7. Hungary 35,571
  8. Castile 34,758
  9. Kazan 34,318
  10. Qara Qoyunlu 29,500
  11. England 28,220
  12. Lithuania 26,791
  13. Vijayanagar 26,603
  14. Uzbek 26,136
  15. Chagatai 25,810
  16. Jaunpur 24,964
  17. Denmark 24,704
  18. Brunei 23,550
  19. Sweden 23,222
  20. Ethiopia 22,919
Standing Army
  1. Ming 82,973
  2. Byzantium 59,688
  3. Austria 42,000
  4. England 39,000
  5. Hungary 38,000
  6. France 36,278
  7. Bohemia 35,000
  8. Qara Qoyunlu 33,000
  9. Castile 32,953
  10. Jaunpur 32,150
  11. The Papal State 32,000
  12. Mamluks 31,000
  13. Morocco 28,869
  14. Lithuania 28,000
  15. Transoxiana 26,575
  16. Denmark 24,000
  17. Vijayanagar 23,888
  18. Sweden 23,815
  19. Ethiopia 22,000
  20. Gujarat 20,557
War Fleet
  1. The Papal State 1/25
  2. Ming 2/20
  3. England 12/0
  4. Denmark 0/12
  5. Korea 1/10
  6. Byzantium 0/10
  7. Pomerania 0/10
  8. Fars 0/9
  9. Hungary 0/8
  10. Castile 3/5
  11. Mamluks 0/8
  12. Aragon 0/7
  13. Hormuz 0/7
  14. Vijayanagar 6/0
  15. Majapahit 6/0
  16. Lübeck 0/6
  17. Austria 0/5
  18. Malacca 5/0
  19. Lan Xang 0/5
  20. Dai Viet 0/5
Trade Fleet
  1. Holland 28
  2. Castile 15
  3. Austria 15
  4. Kilwa 13
  5. Ayutthaya 13
  6. Lübeck 11
  7. Ajuuraan 11
  8. Kongo 11
  9. England 10
  10. Malacca 10
  11. Brunei 10
  12. Gujarat 10
  13. Ming 9
  14. Hormuz 9
  15. Majapahit 9
  16. Portugal 9
  17. Sakalava 9
  18. Jolof 9
  19. Pegu 9
  20. Denmark 8
Technologies
  1. Aragon 25
  2. Holland 24
  3. Austria 24
  4. Denmark 24
  5. France 24
  6. The Papal State 24
  7. Byzantium 24
  8. Mamluks 24
  9. Naples 24
  10. Transoxiana 24
  11. Malwa 24
  12. Lübeck 23
  13. England 23
  14. Gujarat 23
  15. Ming 23
  16. Genoa 23
  17. Salzburg 23
  18. Teutonic Order 23
  19. Hesse 23
  20. Castile 22
Great Power
  1. Byzantium 1057
  2. Ming 820
  3. France 567
  4. England 462
  5. Mamluks 434
  6. Austria 433
  7. Kazan 423
  8. Castile 419
    [~]Denmark 335
    [~]Hungary 335
    [~]Jaunpur 304
    [~]Morocco 285
    [~]Lithuania 284
    [~]Bohemia 281
    [~]Poland 278
    [~]Transoxiana 264
    [~]Gujarat 246
    [~]The Papal State 240
    [~]Portugal 234
    [~]Sweden 222

Great session! Johan forever!

A long term alliance between Byzantium, Austria and England would be in a very good position for the top three trophies. They are all dominating their part of the map and if they keep their borders from touching they could keep from getting Victory Cards on each others. Sweden is a bit weaker and maybe too isolated, but might be worth supporting for the alliance to benefit from their eventual "space marines". The Kaiser should probably feed Sweden some Kazani provinces in the upcoming war to give them some more room to expand and cement their loyalty.

Come on guys you develop the game you should know that purple Phoenix and orthodox are fueling Byzantium into being as powerful as it is. 115% discipline and 80 army tradition with ottoman levels of development. :rolleyes:

Most people are gonna root for Byzantium just because it's Byzantium but I'm not really impressed with Kaiser for taking an already favored slot and abusing mechanics and events it was never meant to have access too. Hes effectively ground the game to a standstill, and it hasn't even been 100 years.

Braytn seens to be use to overpowered Ottoman units. Ottoman units start with most pips than all any other nations at start excluding, horde units that start to fall out around tech 6. It was lack of coordination, troop quality and a misunderstanding in just how good the Ottoman units actually are, that doomed the coalition from the start. I full expect a partition of Poland-Lith and Kazan in the following session, if this misunderstanding continues. Hopefully, the true puppet master StarNaN can show his true colors, and unify the HRE under his glorious banner!

Here's the potential rivals for Byzantium, rip one of these players when the victory card spawns.

capture(116).png

Come on guys you develop the game you should know that purple Phoenix and orthodox are fueling Byzantium into being as powerful as it is. 115% discipline and 80 army tradition with ottoman levels of development. :rolleyes:

Most people are gonna root for Byzantium just because it's Byzantium but I'm not really impressed with Kaiser for taking an already favored slot and abusing mechanics and events it was never meant to have access too. Hes effectively ground the game to a standstill, and it hasn't even been 100 years.
At the same time, it perfectly serves one of the purposes of the MP (that is to say, establishing the existence of certain exploits to the point where they get fixed)

How often do the events fire? Asking as he gave up the ottoman government correct so he is in a normal government form and has random rulers, or does he still get ottoman government.

Because really the ottomans getting to pick from three sets of ruler roles may give more MP then the byz purple phoenix events plus you can pick which MP you want more of where the byz events it is random which mp you get.

That was a fun one!

Four thoughts immediately post-stream..

1. The Hugbox Inferiority Coalition was humbled, but most of its members weren't really hurt. QQ and the Mamluks are in trouble and Kazan now has a blurple dagger pointed at his heart, but the rest of the coalition, save France's manpower and treasury, got out mostly unscathed. Will they try again, or wait? If they do wait, will they wait too long?

2. Morocco is still at war with the Entente, though he's about out of land to lose to occupation. Will he be able to work some diplomacy and get aid, perhaps from a vengeful Byz? KaiserJohan seemed willing to let bygones be bygones with everyone whose name wasn't Kazan.

3. I'm confused by Denmark spoon-feeding the TO to Poland. That'll hurt his treasury pretty badly in the long run with more trade income staying in the Baltic, not to mention that Poland had plenty of opportunities to take the land themselves. I do give props to Lithuania, though - he's done very well with his initial position, but he's running out of room to expand.

4. Where will they put Fido? There are still a few places he could end up that haven't had player involvement - Indonesia, Japan/Northeast Asia, and Kilwa/Mutapa come to mind - but there are some countries closer to the action that could be interesting too. What if they give him, say, Ethiopia? Or Jaunpur? Or even Vijayanagar? Any one of those would change some political landscapes very quickly.

Braytn seens to be use to overpowered Ottoman units. Ottoman units start with most pips than all any other nations at start excluding, horde units that start to fall out around tech 6. It was lack of coordination, troop quality and a misunderstanding in just how good the Ottoman units actually are, that doomed the coalition from the start. I full expect a partition of Poland-Lith and Kazan in the following session, if this misunderstanding continues. Hopefully, the true puppet master StarNaN can show his true colors, and unify the HRE under his glorious banner!

Last campaign was actually the second time ever I have played Ottomans. I can understand OP armies, but I was surprised considering the few ideas he had unlocked. I didn't think they'd be -this- good.

As for coordination... I'll just say it isn't easy to push with a dozen people for a coalition, organize them so that all armies are together, talk general war strategy, and then herd them into the battle situations. All while playing without pauses. When 6 people say 'aye' then you really don't hear the 2-3 people who for some reason still aren't ready 15 minutes in :p And when that happens in a coalition where there's a lot of new people... Well... Yeah. Stuff like this happens.

1. Poland is a new player and needed a lot more handholding than I could give him. He was not present the first battle.
2. Lithuania is a veteran player but weak at warfare. He was not present the first battle.
3. Denmark was in the north in case Sweden joined. He was not present the first battle.
4. Transoxiana was in the East in case Timurids joined. He was not present the first battle.
5. England was... I quite frankly don't know where. He was not present the first battle.
6. Mamluks was on the other side of Byz. He was not present in the first battle.

1. Then France got a bit too confident and too far ahead of the rest (a coalition is a slow beast to get moving), and got stackwiped... Three times. He was not present in the second battle.
2. Transoxiana was taking care of Poland's rebels. He was not present in the second battle.
3. England was still god-knows-where. Not present.
4. Mamluks peaced out already. Not present.
5. Poland was present but severely weakened from the rebel spam.

Meaning both battles were roughly equal in forces... Just different people being 'out'. Each battle only had about 50-60% of the coalition in it... Even warring on flat land with a 6 shock general with a crossing it wasn't enough to get an edge over the OPness of Orthoman troops. The blamegame is easy but the bottom line is there were too many new/unwarlike players who needed more guidance than it was possible to give in a coalition that was hurriedly made on the fly. That, and nobody expected the troop disparity to be so extreme.

powerrank.png

Jfoytek's Weekly Power Rankings Week 2

This Week we saw the Unholy Alliance transform into the "Incompetent Alliance"

10) Last Week: Fido

This Week: Trin Tragula (Previously 3rd) Fell 7 Places

Three French stack wipes in lands that the French had no business being in! There is teaming up and there is being lead into a very dumb position at the Urging of a Bratyn.
I don't fault Bratyn for wanting help against a very powerful neighbor but when the help comes from England / Spain / France?!? One must say wtf.... Mind your own business you have no business getting involved in an affair on the other side of the world when Burgundy still exists!!! Trin with Johan having a Meneth substitute it was on your shoulders to keep your alliance from doing something Rash, Pointless, with Zero benefit for your alliance, and you failed.....

9) Last Week: Guiseppe Garibaldi

This Week: Sidestep (Previously Unranked) Moved up 2 Places

Sidestep honored his alliance and fought the good fight even taking out a stack of Polish troops. He certainly wasn't the powerhouse of today's wars but he earned some loyalty points with the KJohan, and still seems to be keeping good relations with StarNan. While he hasn't earned much land yet he is playing the long game and I believe its going to pay him dividend's down the road.

8) Last Week: Rageair

This Week: Katz (Previously 7th) Fell 1 Place

Spain managed to follow France across the world for what reason?!? Then again I didn't actually see Spain's troops die, I am sure they managed to be nearby enough to look the part.
Katz seem's to be up to his old tricks with his troops always 1 province behind the front line never actually going into the fight.(I am sure Katz troops were their and fought and died, part of this statement is indeed a joke, with no offense intended) But seriously Spain and France what did your foray into foreign lands prove? You lack organization? You look stronger then you actually are? Did you really show superiority or was it your plan all along, to make your alliance look like plush teddy bears that pose no threat?!?

7) Last Week: Katz

This Week: Rageair (Previously 8th) Moved up 1 Place

How does one end the Session while losing a war and yet still climb the rankings??? Because Rageair completely outnumbered against the "Incompetent Alliance" was still bringing the fight and winning battles! He should have been steam rolled, how does Morocco stand up against Spain, France, England, Portugal, Holland for that long? Because Rageair has proven he deserves to be number 7 in this list, bye putting on a strong performance against overwhelming odds!

6) Last Week: ForzaA

This Week: Guiseppe Garibaldi (Previously 9th) Moved up 3 Places

The Pope proved today that he is indeed a pope! As Crazy Christian Nations marched off to war against the Byzantines who lay claim to Rome, France, Spain, England and many others tried to sack Constantinople, and the pope did not even have to commit a single troop. Austrians handed him land in exchange for declarations of excommunication. Yes this pope has learned how to watch all the other Christian nations do stuff that benefit him while he does nothing.

5)Last Week: Johan

This Week: Johan/Meneth (Previously 5th) No Change

Johan was not hear to effect the outcome of the crazy things that transpired while he was away so I cannot in good conscience punish him for the mistakes of his ally's.

4) Last Week: Bratyn -

This Week: ForzaA (Previously 6th) Moved up 2 Places

Sometimes inaction is the best action. ForzaA has made a good strong ally, who is not his neighbor and he will likely not ever have Victory Cards on. Infact his ally makes sense as they will likely be able to feast together on the same foe's in the future. Today he did not join the war, and not joining the war was the smart move. The war made no sense it was made up of a large disorganized hug box that had no real reason to be where they were. And ForzaA would have only been an easy target for this Hug box to get easy score on.

3) Last Week: Trin Tragula

This Week: Bratyn (Previously 4rth) Moved up 1 Place

Diplomacy is a major part of this game, and Bratyn proved today he can pull strings to get players to do ludicrous things on his behalf that don't benefit them in the slightest.
This ability makes him a constant danger in a Multiplayer game, even if he is playing a Nation that lacks power and is a relative non factor. While the coalition war he was the mastermind behind failed epicly, it could have only helped him, he was really the only person that coalition war really benefited and he managed to get players on the other side of the map to come to his aid.

2)Last Week: StarNan

This Week: StarNan (Previously 2nd) No Change

Curse StarNan for his brutality in jumping Fido as soon as he got into the game. Feels bad for Fido, StarNan played well today he expanded, he didn't get drawn into any of the foolish tom foolery and kept to his plan. He still seems to have the newer players around him playing to his fiddle. And so far there is obviously no one deserving in game to threaten his place in the Number two spot.

1)Last Week: K Johan

This Week: K Johan (Previously 1rst) No Change

K Johan took sub par Byzantine troops?!? And still fought the unholy alliance plus others and came out smelling like a rose?!? Yes a show superiority war may not have been the smartest call on the coalitions part, but K Johan did much to quell some of the questions that many of us have about his ability to play multiplayer. Then again much of his victory had to do with the utter incompetence of his enemy, there was no coordination at all. However there was certainly no mistakes on his part that would warrant his removal from the number 1 spot in this list. Either he needs to mess up or someone else needs to step up to the plate and prove they deserve this spot in the list. But for now it seems like K Johan is cementing this position in the power rankings.

***We saw alot of changes this week, with an ill adviced coalition war making the Unholy alliance look like the "Incompetent Alliance" I wonder how much will these Power Rankings change come next Tuesday?!? Watch this thread to find out.***

Last edited:
The First Coalition's war was an awesome watch, but as Bratyn pointed out, it was lost in poor inter-ally coordination. That said, while KaiserJohan is a beast on his own and has a very responsive ally in Hungary, the odds are not good long-term odds if he can't find more allies, even circumstancial ones. Bratyn has the right idea in this - Byzantium needs to be addressed before long. If a third strong ally (say, StarNaN) aligns with KaiserJohan, it's going to become very hard to stop him from becoming the kingmaker in this game - it's far too early to talk about who will be the king.

Jfoytek's Weekly Power Rankings Week 2

This Week we saw the Unholy Alliance transform into the "Incompetent Alliance"

*list removed*

I agree with most of what you said, but I would put Bohemia at 10th place.

I defended Trin last week, since his play then made sense. But this week he managed to waste his army fighting other people's battles, while StarNaN is in a war taking the land France should have eaten this session.