• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EU4 - Development Diary - 13th of March 2018

Good day all. We're a mere week away from 1.25 England Update going live and the Rule Britannia Immersion Pack setting sail with it. There's not much left to cover in our dev diaries, so today we will simply be covering the 10 Achievements which will be available in 1.25.

achievement_home_and_away.jpg
Home and Away
: As Wales hold Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Rome, Paris and London.

achievement_sun_invasion.jpg
Sun Invasion
: Own and have cores on Tepeacac, Mexico, Tullucan and Huastec as the Madyas.

achievement_sleepless_in_seattle.jpg
Sleepless in Seattle
: Have your capital in 2485 (Chehalis) and own 10 Coffee producing provinces.

achievement_philippine_tiger.jpg
Philippine Tiger
: Recreate the Chola Empire as Cebu.

achievement_empire_of_mann.jpg
Empire of Mann
: As Mann, conquer all Islands in the world.

achievement_dude_where_s_my_boat.jpg
Dude, Where’s my boat?
- Capture 20 boats with the Boarding Naval Doctrine

achievement_bright_spark.jpg
Bright Spark
: Have 50 Innovativeness

achievement_anglophile.jpg
Anglophile
: Complete all English and British Missions

achievement_industrial_powerhouse.jpg
Industrial Powerhouse
: Have 10 Furnaces built in your nation.

achievement_chop_chop.jpg
Chop Chop
- Have 6 different consorts with one monarch.

Next week we will likely be releasing our Dev Diary a day early, to share our full Patchnotes ahead of the March 20th Release. See you then!

Hmm, this is a fairly sparse Dev Diary from me, jarringly so. Let me bulk it out at the end for my own sanity by plugging that since it's Tuesday, we will be streaming Session 2 of the Rule Britannia Dev Clash. Decide who to root for by looking here:

Last edited:
Thanks.
I can t wait for that new update.

Why no achievement with Brittany as a celtic nation ?(like you added with Wales home and away achievment) Brittany had links with the british isles. I guess that would fit more for a CK2 background...
Well it was just an idea for update : please add more naval and business power for Brittany against France.

Nice achievements, I even learned something about Cebu and the Cholas! As a Seattle native, I do have one gripe though: Seattle is actually located in 874 Salish, not 2485 Chehalis :)

Yes, Hunyadi starts as a ruler now... though I wish his title remained as “Regent”

Yes, Hunyadi is now a King proper instead of a regent, so Hungary can declare wars. @DDRJake confirmed this during the first(?) episode. Although from the Dev stream it does appear that Ladislaus von Habsburg is still the heir (so I suppose the event will still fire in early 1455 when Ladislaus comes of age).

So am i correct in understanding Hungary will still get the diet event? where Hunyadi is made king as a 5 - 5 - 6 or something of that stature?

Looks great! The Anglophile mission looks the most interesting with having to complete the whole English/British mission tree. Is Sleepless in Seattle a custom nation one only or possible with all nations by just moving the capital to Seattle?

Gonna say that sounds like it meant to be Native OPM ;3 At least, i gonna do it as Native OPM.

Gonna say that sounds like it meant to be Native OPM ;3 At least, i gonna do it as Native OPM.
Honestly shouldn’t be too hard. Migrate there, then colonize S America and you are bound to get coffee eventually

My respet for the CATHOLIC IRELAND but I cant understand why this island of cows and green views have more provinces than the IBERIAN ARAGON for example or PORTUGAL literally the conquerors of half world (the other half is for CASTILLE), for that reasons I am very expentant for the new next DLC about the Hispanic Monarchy, the orbe reginorum PLUS ULTRA. And I hope see more historics provinces in Iberia, like Bilbao, Merida, Santiago, Malaga, Benidorm, Guadalajara, etc.

regards and respects for the polacks and my brothers of the Virreinatos of America

Speaking of regency... Would be even better if you could finally wage wars in regency. Even if there would be some penalties in place.
You can in consort regency

"Island" here is defined as a land province without a land connection to Stockholm, Panama or Guugu. There are also highlights on provinces you need for achievements in 1.25

View attachment 345777

Is Australia an island?

Would this mean the Perth and Darwin areas are of Australia are required, being cut off by wastelands, or are those counted as having a land connection through impassable terrain? Could we get a strait answer about Denmark and Venice too?

@DDRJake I heard owners of Purple Phoenix and Rule Britannia will get more missions for Byzantium and Britain region respectively.
But i don't heard nothing about expanded mission tree for owners of Third Rome. So what about it?

Well there are a lot of good historic missions in game that still exist. Those will be surely implemented, not sure about more of them though.