• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

myrt

Major
15 Badges
Jan 2, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Magicka
  • Victoria 2
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
Download at the bottom of the post

worldtrade.png

This is a submod aiming to add more trade routes to HIP in addition to the Silk Road and the upcoming Trans-Saharan trade route. Last updated thanks to Erilaz

While making the trade routes, I've focused on the following:
  • Recreating important and persistent historic routes
  • Avoiding tacked-on and unappealing solutions
  • Trade centers should preferably be few and far between

What's been done so far:
  • Added "English Roads", a generic trade network for England
  • Added "Ochsenweg", a generic trade road from Hamburg through Denmark
  • Added "Trans-Saharan Route", a massive trade network through all of Africa
  • Added "Baltic Roads", a trade road from Venice to the Baltic countries
  • Added "Varangian Route" from Constantinople to Gotland
  • Added "Volga Route" from Baghdad to Ladoga
  • Added "Iberian Route", a trade network throughout Iberia
  • Added "Imperial Roads", a large European trade network administered from German lands
  • Added "Italian Roads"
  • Added "French Route"
  • Added "Via Egnatia"
  • Added "Balkan Route"
  • Added "Pannonian Route"
  • Revamped trade post buildings completely for more balance and meaningful decision-making
  • Harshly increased the penalties to the trade route downstream when there are hostilities in a province

Attachments

• Expanded Trade HIP22-07-20.zip
    3,3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Added the Varangian Route and the Amber Road. Did a minor, purely visual change to how the English roads looked. I also heavily neutered the family mansion so that the base income went from 10 -> 4, every upgrade to the mansion building (not the others) costs 50 gold more and the money-spewing vault-building is completely gone. Instead, you should focus on building trade posts in rich counties or in trade centers, where you can also build useful Trade Road Markets.

Hopefully, this means Venice will no longer have 60 income after a couple of decades.

Last edited:
I've always had Walter's submod active while working on the submod, and there are no overlapping files. The two submods are fully compatible.

If you want to play with it right now, I'll inform you that I just released a stealth-update ten minutes ago adding the Varangian route (which for some reason wasn't added earlier today), in case you want that. If so, delete the old files and redownload mod.7z.
That’s great to hear!

Compatibility is always very much welcomed. :)

Fixed a major issue where trade posts could be build anywhere along the Amber Road and Varangian route. That was obviously not supposed to happen. Don't do modding at 3:00 AM, kids.

Considering how often I update this, I might as well put it on the Steam workshop so you can get auto-updates.

Last edited:
Fixed a major issue where trade posts could be build anywhere along the Amber Road and Varangian route. That was obviously not supposed to happen. Don't do modding at 3:00 AM, kids.

Considering how often I update this, I might as well put it on the Steam workshop so you can get auto-updates.
That'd be nice Thanks. ;)

New update is out. Once I've finished all the trade routes, I'll upload it to Steam (currently 3 or 4 routes left).
  • Added a preliminary version of the Volga route (to be polished later)
  • Adjusted the Silk Road to reduce choking of trade towards Trebizond, slightly reduced the route's overall wealth
  • Adjusted the English Roads to reduce choking of trade north of Oxford towards York and Chester
  • Completely removed the "Port"-building from all coastal towns to reduce inflation
Next I'll work on the French, German and Iberian trade routes. Looking at the map, I also want to make a trade-route going through eastern Europe so Bulgaria through Hungary can get some love, too. I might make some short Italian roads, but Italy's trade is mostly represented by its city states.

The only thing concerns me is the possible OP Merchant factions.

Are you thinking about merchant republics or all mayor-type vassals now?

Βoth actually. I saw that you took precautions though. ;)

Βoth actually. I saw that you took precautions though. ;)
I don't think that'll be an issue considering all the nerfs I've done. I'll do a campaign with Genoa where I try an aggressive style (hogging as many trade centers as possible, building a large maritime empire like Genoa did) and a campaign with Venice where I focus on the Vanilla-strategy, which is concerned with connecting trade posts and stuffing as many trade posts as you possibly can in a single sea zone. Naturally, I'm much more inclined towards the former playstyle which better emulates how the republics actually operated, so I'll try to balance the mod towards that. It's also the more risky playstyle, obviously, and that deserves to be more rewarding.
You little submod is elimiating my last grief over coming from CK+ to HIP :D
Well, that is exactly the reason I started making this mod, actually. Jade Dragon might have been a really lackluster DLC, but at least it gave me a lot of freedom when it came to trade route modding.

Last edited:
I don't think that'll be an issue considering all the nerfs I've done. I'll do a campaign with Genoa where I try an aggressive style (hogging as many trade centers as possible, building a large maritime empire like Genoa did) and a campaign with Venice where I focus on the Vanilla-strategy, which is concerned with connecting trade posts and stuffing as many trade posts as you possibly can in a single sea zone. Naturally, I'm much more inclined towards the former playstyle which better emulates how the republics actually operated, so I'll try to balance the mod towards that. It's also the more risky playstyle, obviously

Good to know. I was always concerned with the large companies merchants could buy and shower upon you.

Hey there's a strangely white border around the Mahgrawa Emirate in the default start. just a heads up. Looking to run a game as a tagelmust tribal leader, hoping to put this mod through its paces. I'll report back as time allows.

Hey there's a strangely white border around the Mahgrawa Emirate in the default start. just a heads up. Looking to run a game as a tagelmust tribal leader, hoping to put this mod through its paces. I'll report back as time allows.
I don't touch the borders at all. Are you sure you're not running any other mods or have a botched install?

Attachments

• maghrawa.png
    maghrawa.png
    1,9 MB · Views: 97
  • Updated the name of "Amber Road" to the more appropriate "Baltic Route". My last update didn't actually stop you from building trade posts anywhere along the Amber Road/Baltic Route, but this time it's really fixed.
  • Added preliminary version of "Danube Route"
  • Added preliminary version of "Italian Roads"
  • Did a LOT of tweaking to how Trade Value works
  • Reduced the price penalty when building trade posts in distant lands
Edit: Released another stealth update to reduce choking on the Silk Road. Money now flows from Hormuz towards Kermán instead of the other way around.

Last edited: