UPDATED 08/10/19 - Forum is being unlocked! (Connect your Steam account to sync your Owned Items!)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As you can see from your forum name here you have not merged your old forum account into this Paradox account yet. Most likely unlinking from Steam, logging out of the Paradox account, deleting your browser cache and all Paradox cookies, then logging in, linking with Steam, accessing the forums and then doing a manual Sync Owned Items will fix it all for you.

Hi guys. I am new to the forum and new to EU4. Just started a couple of days ago. However, my keys were bought in a 3rd party (Kinguin, had someone offering me €€). Anyway. If I link my steam to the forum is there any problem? Thanks guys!

I read in the Victoria's II manual that the there is an official strategy guide for Victoria II . But I can't register my game in order to download it , since there is no "Owned items" option in Steam . Is there any way ? or is it uploaded somewhere else ?

I read in the Victoria's II manual that the there is an official strategy guide for Victoria II . But I can't register my game in order to download it , since there is no "Owned items" option in Steam . Is there any way ? or is it uploaded somewhere else ?
Use the "register a game" link at the top of the page.

Also, consider checking out the Vicky II wikia. Probably far more helpful, definitely up-to-date, and you shouldn't need to register at all.

.... But I can't register my game in order to download it ,

?? you don't register your game to download it.
You register to get access to otherwise hidden subforums.
You download it through Steam directly or by using a Steamkey, unless if you got an old non-Steam variant somehow on Amazon or such...

edit: oh you meant "downloading the strategy guide". Got it.

since there is no "Owned items" option in Steam .

No, it's not in Steam, it's in this forum, as in the pic on page one or simply go top right, move your mouse over your account name.

Oh Jesus ! The text never mentioned that ! Alright , now I see it , thanks !
However I see no games to select from . It writes "Active 0/54" . It also says "Syncing your items can take up to an hour" . To what does this refer to ? To how long it takes to see the games in Steam or to how long it will take to show the icons under my name here in the forum ?
Oh well , I guess I'll wait a hour and see . Afterall , in the badtime I have plenty to read about this game !

Last edited:
"Active 0/54"
That is how many icons you currently have visible out of a possible 54. For example, I have 3 visible out of a possible 54 (and own 57 per my golden banner).

"Syncing your items can take up to an hour" . To what does this refer to ? To how long it takes to see the games in Steam or to how long it will take to show the icons under my name here in the forum ?
How long it takes the forum to read your steam account and give you access to the paid-only parts of the forum.

Well , it's been 2 hours now , and it's still frozen ...

Frozen ? If you mean no games registered yet, yeah i see that.
I assume you did connect your account with Steam ?
If so, log out of the forum, shut the browser or delete cookies and log back in again.
Sometimes that seems too speed it up.

How do I connect the account with Steam ? If you mean if I pressed the "Sync owneditems" button , then yes , I did .

Addition :
----------
I tried the diconecting and cookies' deletion method but I still can't have any icons to pick from .
I guess I'leave it for tomorrow . Maybe then I'll have a better luck .

Last edited:
Thanks Andrew ! What I was doing wrong is that instead of on to Paradox , I was connecting to the Steam ! Then again , it was not specified to connect to Steam through Paradox ...

Edit 1 :
However I still can't find that guide ... I mean I did find it on archive.org , but I can only read it on line . Ooofff ... I wish I could find it on PDF format ...

Edit 2 :
Oh well , I registered on archive.org and I downloaded it ...

Last edited:

A pretty good and quick way to explain it.
cool.gif

Bookmarked.
This should probably be in the opening post....

I wanna leave this here in case anyone has the same issue I have at some point later on, I'm not sure if its just an issue on my end or an actual issue with the html.

It seems that when you are trying to connect your steam account, if you don't have Remember me checked, after connecting your steam account to the site you are logged out. After connecting your account, you must log in again, as opposed to trying to access the forums to look for mods and stuff otherwise you get stuck in an endless loop of trying to connect your games by clicking your account in the top right corner and signing into steam, having it connect and then being redirected to an empty games page after it connects your account.

Thanks for having me. But I am having problems with the activation. Do I have to wait for the game to come in the mail? Or did I do something wrong?

If and when the activation button is lit all I get is the little circle going around and around and it does nothing other than go into my screen saver.

Yo
Thanks for having me. But I am having problems with the activation. Do I have to wait for the game to come in the mail? Or did I do something wrong?

If and when the activation button is lit all I get is the little circle going around and around and it does nothing other than go into my screen saver.
You are referring to activating a Steam key you’ve bought, whereas this thread is about registering owned games in these forums, an entirely different thing.

All you need to do is paste your Steam key into +Add a Game in your Steam app. Log a support ticket at paradox.zendesk.com if you need more help.

All Paradox games should show in Owned Items.

All Steam games should show in My Games, but that page has some problems at the moment.

They are essentially unrelated.