• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings!

Jade Dragon has been released, and work has started on a post-release patch. Our QA are scouring the Bug Forum as I’m writing this, while our Programmers and Content Designers are hard at work fixing the issues that has been found! All in all it’s been a very good release, and the team is very happy with how things went.

You can expect the patch to arrive within three weeks (possibly a bit sooner), so remember to report any and all issues you’re experiencing before then, again - in the Bug Forum!

In addition to bugfixes, the next patch will add a few things that you’ve requested… I won’t tell you what they are yet though, it’ll be a secret for now.

Here are some of the more severe issues we’re currently working on fixing:
  • The Ruler Designer not working in MP.
  • China getting the wrong name if you switch bookmarks a lot before starting the game.
  • Ruler Designing a Nomad causing a game over.
  • Some Historical Wars not working.
  • As well as many more less severe issues.
May the Emperor look upon you with grace!

As someone that mainly plays Ireland and the Norse (I prefer their areas and gameplay patterns more; I only play in the 769 start, so I build everything from the ground up as a single Count with a single County), I'd like to see a method for expanding the Diplomatic Range, with some sort of associated cost in mind.

For example, I may be able to conversate with someone from really far South or East, as Ireland, but it would take longer than it currently is to get a response, and there would be penalties associated as such. '-5 opinion for Alliances (though not non-agression pacts) as "You are too far away to be of help"', with the penalty becoming lesser the later the game goes on (with technology; their ability to reach you would increase over time, as would yours; later technologies especially in ship building would let you field powerful armies anywhere in the world and should reflect that).

This way, if I wanted to play as an Islamic Ireland, I could, though I may have difficulties in finding allies (due to how far away they are), I would still be able to arrange betrothals, interact with religious leaders, etc.

Religious Holy Sites should be destroyable, which would deal a massive blow to the Moral Authority of that religion, grant high Piety and Prestige (and a massive negative modifier from all persons who were in that religion towards you).

Likewise, through an event, say a Zealous person with over 2000 piety, you would gain the ability to create/build a new Holy Site, or to go out in search of a Holy Relic in order to facilitate the creation of a new Holy Site. Over time this would result in a more dynamic world, with even greater animosity between religions.

Furthermore, if you guys read these things, I demand that if we corrupt the Pope as a Satanist (Demonic Possession included), we could instead bring about a New World Order (irrefutably corrupting Christianity, supplanting it with a new Religion, Satanism, and making Catholicism a Heretical Religion). This would be a very good feature.

I know it's a bit too late but...
Stq8ZGl.jpg

Please fix Dniester. "#Dniesterlivesmatter #Hashtagsareuseless"

I know it's a bit REALLY too late, but all of Eastern Europe deserves a massive rework. I don't know if it's just the map projection, but Poland looks squished and horizontally stretched out. Silesia in particular has province names that are just wrong ("Upper Silesia" is just Legnica, Upper Silesia in reality covers the Cieszyn and Opole counties, and Cieszyn itself is a poor name for that province since IIRC Bytom was the dominant and most centrally located city there for most of its history), and lacks a Czech side (Ostrava), though for game balance reasons it could be just a county in de jure Moravia (pretty sure a war was fought over it and I don't mean the post-WW1 one). The Wendish Empire includes Lithuania for basically no logical reason - the average CK2 game is so divergent from our reality we can assume away any Polish-Lithuanian unions. The county borders in Russia are pretty ugly too, and the Vlachs seem never to show up in Romania, assuming they survive for any length of time.
To be honest, just copy-pasting the EU4 map of Eastern Europe's layout into CK2 would do wonders for it.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I have been having trouble getting the 867 Magyar starting war to work today. I have reloaded the game several times at this point, and almost every time I have been at war with Bulgaria, but unable to attack their armies or siege their provinces. The war did work properly once, but I had to leave and haven't been able to replicate a fix yet. Given the timing, I would assume this issue is related to the new patch.

Has there been any talk of a time frame for the fix?
The upcoming patch. Last word on that was two weeks ago, when we said we hoped to have it out within three weeks.
I'd recommend reading today's dev diary when it comes out.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I have been having trouble getting the 867 Magyar starting war to work today. I have reloaded the game several times at this point, and almost every time I have been at war with Bulgaria, but unable to attack their armies or siege their provinces. The war did work properly once, but I had to leave and haven't been able to replicate a fix yet. Given the timing, I would assume this issue is related to the new patch.

Reloading works, in my experience.
If the army is already in enemy land you have to move and stop them to start the siege.
The same is probably true for two armies already in the same province...or rather they have to meet in another province to start a fight.