• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings!

Jade Dragon has been released, and work has started on a post-release patch. Our QA are scouring the Bug Forum as I’m writing this, while our Programmers and Content Designers are hard at work fixing the issues that has been found! All in all it’s been a very good release, and the team is very happy with how things went.

You can expect the patch to arrive within three weeks (possibly a bit sooner), so remember to report any and all issues you’re experiencing before then, again - in the Bug Forum!

In addition to bugfixes, the next patch will add a few things that you’ve requested… I won’t tell you what they are yet though, it’ll be a secret for now.

Here are some of the more severe issues we’re currently working on fixing:
  • The Ruler Designer not working in MP.
  • China getting the wrong name if you switch bookmarks a lot before starting the game.
  • Ruler Designing a Nomad causing a game over.
  • Some Historical Wars not working.
  • As well as many more less severe issues.
May the Emperor look upon you with grace!

What mods are you running? I haven't seen anything remotely similar to what you describe here, and it sounds like the sort of problem that would be caused by a corrupted install of some sort.

What I meant by diplo screen "runes" was this (see img). This is a screenshot from a game with the latest patch and no mods on a Mac. The pagoda thingy, however, was actually caused by "Patrum Scuta (Ironman Mode)" graphical mod. Mea culpa.

textbug.jpg

What I meant by diplo screen "runes" was this (see img). This is a screenshot from a game with the latest patch and no mods on a Mac. The pagoda thingy, however, was actually caused by "Patrum Scuta (Ironman Mode)" graphical mod. Mea culpa.

View attachment 315420

Seems like she's got good grades in school.

If what you mean is that your new liege near instantly transfers you back to your old liege, then yes, that'll be fixed in the patch as long as it passes verification.

There's no current plans to do a hotfix, as no critical issues have been discovered. Given that no such issue has been discovered by now, it seems highly unlikely one will, since to be critical it'd have to be at least somewhat common.
If it can help I'm also getting this problem. I'm using CK2+ but I think this is not the factor of the issue. I started in 1120 in the Kindgom of Jerusalem as a count. We got conquered by the Seljuks. Now I'm a Duke, and whenever I try to become independant, the Padisha Sultan immediately transfers myself back into my former Sultanate. I've already tried it twice and thought it was a game feature (cause that's what I would do to a rebelling Duke in my Empire too :p), but I'm happy to hear it's a bug and is gonna be fixed.

We got conquered by the Seljuks. Now I'm a Duke, and whenever I try to become independant, the Padisha Sultan immediately transfers myself back into my former Sultanate
That issue we've fixed internally and should be in the next patch; it's not the same as the other user describes.

That issue we've fixed internally and should be in the next patch; it's not the same as the other user describes.
I might have expressed myself poorly. I am a Duke under a Sultan under the Padisha Sultan. Buuuut anyways, if the issue is fixed then it is fine. I will blob internaly in my sultan's realm and wait for the patch to break free :p

Turkish cultured emperors are simply called Padishahs [nomadic Govermant overrides this]. Padisha Sultan isn't an actual title :p

I might have expressed myself poorly. I am a Duke under a Sultan under the Padisha Sultan. Buuuut anyways, if the issue is fixed then it is fine. I will blob internaly in my sultan's realm and wait for the patch to break free :p
My understanding is that you're a duke under a king, who is under an emperor. You declare and achieve independence from the king, becoming a direct vassal of the emperor.
The emperor then makes you a vassal of the king once more.

If I'm right in that understanding, that's now fixed; the AI will no longer transfer you to anyone once you've managed to declare independence from a vassal of a vassal. At least until your ruler dies.

I don't have the expansion - just the latest patch. It kinda fixes some things, but does introduce a lot of headache too.

1. It was supposed to fix the "claw your eyes out" random vassal transfer upon major kingdom expansion (e.g. Karl killing Karloman, etc.), but what the patch does is assigns all counties over the vassal limit to one (randomly?) chosen duke in the realm. So, in Francia either Orleans or Burgundy (the duchy) grows to half the entire country in a massive series of transfers. I am not sure it's less eye-clawing than Duke of Navarra getting Westfriesland to hold.

Here's the relevant illustration for respectfully disagreeing guys (see img).

transfers.jpg

What happened was that in Charlemagne scenario Karloman died (quite early this time), and Karl transferred almost entire Francia to Aquitaine and Flanders. Initially I thought it was so that AI can use "ducal exploit" (you know - the one when AI transfers you a vassal making you very happy and then rips you off by making them a duke without making you unhappy) at will, but 20 years later most of the territories (entire duchies like Anjou, etc) remain in possession of the initial beneficiaries of this absurd behavior.

I think the aggressiveness and power of the western protectorate must be looked at. No gavelkind and being able to hold cities makes it much too powerfull which is I believe the reason for the constant tributary wars and massive empire it errects.
Maybe the protectorate should have -80% income or so as the emperor takes most of it?

The Western Protectorate should be nerfed.
From what I see, it has a tendency to make everyone and their mother as tributaries, even when completely out of China's diplo range...
Are there any plans to make the Western Protectorate less aggressive? They can easily make tributaries out of realms relatively far west and in India south. It's a bit much
I think the aggressiveness and power of the western protectorate must be looked at. No gavelkind and being able to hold cities makes it much too powerfull which is I believe the reason for the constant tributary wars and massive empire it errects.
Maybe the protectorate should have -80% income or so as the emperor takes most of it?
The holder of the Western Protectorate literally has no war declaration AI - every single war it declares is handled via script. A non-expansionist China will want to have no more than three tributaries, and they will not try to make tributaries of any realm larger than 10-15 counties. It will look for targets within its diplomatic range, and will only make tributaries that either border the WP or an existing tributary, or are in the region called 'Chinese Region of Influence' which you can find by pressing the tiny green button at the top of the province view. It will also try really hard to avoid border gore, regardless of the CB its using.

Another interesting fact is that the more troops the Western protectorate can raise by themselves, the less troops they will bring in from the Chinese Mainland.

If China is Expansionist (something which is weighted to not happen more than 2-3 times per game) they will want more tributaries, and will start subjugating realms proper. Note that Independence factions are always available against the WP, regardless of laws or standing, so them actually keeping vast amounts land will often not last.

What happened was that in Charlemagne scenario Karloman died (quite early this time), and Karl transferred almost entire Francia to Aquitaine and Flanders. Initially I thought it was so that AI can use "ducal exploit" (you know - the one when AI transfers you a vassal making you very happy and then rips you off by making them a duke without making you unhappy) at will, but 20 years later most of the territories (entire duchies like Anjou, etc) remain in possession of the initial beneficiaries of this absurd behavior.
The AI is over its over its vassal limit and needs to transfer vassals to get back to the limit, there's nothing strange about that. Before this patch, the AI in this situation would literally transfer vassals completely randomly - the only thing this patch changed in this regard is that they now try to keep vassal borders contiguous. In your specific case, the Francian Kingdoms were united before Charlemagne had time to create any duchies, which causes him to transfer counts to the existing dukes.