• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings!

Jade Dragon has been released, and work has started on a post-release patch. Our QA are scouring the Bug Forum as I’m writing this, while our Programmers and Content Designers are hard at work fixing the issues that has been found! All in all it’s been a very good release, and the team is very happy with how things went.

You can expect the patch to arrive within three weeks (possibly a bit sooner), so remember to report any and all issues you’re experiencing before then, again - in the Bug Forum!

In addition to bugfixes, the next patch will add a few things that you’ve requested… I won’t tell you what they are yet though, it’ll be a secret for now.

Here are some of the more severe issues we’re currently working on fixing:
  • The Ruler Designer not working in MP.
  • China getting the wrong name if you switch bookmarks a lot before starting the game.
  • Ruler Designing a Nomad causing a game over.
  • Some Historical Wars not working.
  • As well as many more less severe issues.
May the Emperor look upon you with grace!

Really enjoying the DLC so far, the only two things that really bother me though are the lack of arts for chinese settlements (already mentioned here) and the sprite for the Taoist Priest, being now simply the vanilla christian one.

Are there any plans to make the Western Protectorate less aggressive? They can easily make tributaries out of realms relatively far west and in India south. It's a bit much

Last edited:
In addition to bugfixes, the next patch will add a few things that you’ve requested… I won’t tell you what they are yet though, it’ll be a secret for now.
Aha, so you took my advice and are repairing the Central Europe province layout.

I commented on this before, but never got a response. Why do Assyrians use different portraits from Levantines? This seems very wrong, and it makes a false notion that either the Muslim and or Christian Levantines are different from their ancient Assyrian ancestors.

No, we generally only hotfix when there's an issue present that significantly affect most players, i.e. if there is a frequent crash, achievements not working at all, DLC's not being recognized, or similar - fortunately we have no such issues for this patch.
This will be a normal patch, which will go through our verification process. :)
Or Macs getting their own Checksum...

I commented on this before, but never got a response. Why do Assyrians use different portraits from Levantines? This seems very wrong, and it makes a false notion that either the Muslim and or Christian Levantines are different from their ancient Assyrian ancestors.

I may be wrong, but iirc Coptic Egyptians are culturally different than Muslim Egyptians, and the Nestorian Assyrians are culturally different than the Levant Muslims around them.

Iranian or Arabic holding art for Assyrians, please. European castles in Mesopotamia make no sense at all and break immersion.

And if the Chinese get a new holding art, please give sedentary/settled Turks something else as well. Middle Eastern holdings would be fine I guess but please no yurts if Constantinople flips to Turkish...

The Persian portraits would do better justice to Assyrians than Andalusian ones. Give them Arabic clothes if you want.

And correct the province cultures (Assyrians more up north, those counties should change to Kurdish only after the last game start, after Timur's conquest)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_homeland?wprov=sfla1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Mesopotamia?wprov=sfla1

Last edited:
I may be wrong, but iirc Coptic Egyptians are culturally different than Muslim Egyptians, and the Nestorian Assyrians are culturally different than the Levant Muslims around them.

To add to this, all characters in the game are nobility. So though the Asyrians and rest of Levant share the same ancestry, it does not necessarily mean that characters in the game will represent the general populace.

I was planning to play as a Manichean but I noticed the decision to become Sao has been removed [without mention in the patch notes], I think you should add that back in.

I was planning to play as a Manichean but I noticed the decision to become Sao has been removed [without mention in the patch notes], I think you should add that back in.

The reason is easy: The Saoshyant is a specific Zoroastrian concept. But the Manicheans are not Zoroastrians (which is reflected ingame now, even if they are still technically a heresy).

Reapers Due Black Death does not spread into the new mountainous Tibet Region. I've tried 3 different times and each time it did not spread onto the new region (even switched the epidemic rule to deadly). And how about adding the Monks & Mystics content for the new religions as it is currently MIA.

Reapers Due Black Death does not spread into the new mountainous Tibet Region. I've tried 3 different times and each time it did not spread onto the new region. And how about adding the Monks & Mystics content for the new religions as it is currently MIA.

Most likely intended. A plague did spread very, very, very badly in such a place like the Himalaya.