• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings!

Jade Dragon has been released, and work has started on a post-release patch. Our QA are scouring the Bug Forum as I’m writing this, while our Programmers and Content Designers are hard at work fixing the issues that has been found! All in all it’s been a very good release, and the team is very happy with how things went.

You can expect the patch to arrive within three weeks (possibly a bit sooner), so remember to report any and all issues you’re experiencing before then, again - in the Bug Forum!

In addition to bugfixes, the next patch will add a few things that you’ve requested… I won’t tell you what they are yet though, it’ll be a secret for now.

Here are some of the more severe issues we’re currently working on fixing:
  • The Ruler Designer not working in MP.
  • China getting the wrong name if you switch bookmarks a lot before starting the game.
  • Ruler Designing a Nomad causing a game over.
  • Some Historical Wars not working.
  • As well as many more less severe issues.
May the Emperor look upon you with grace!

Content Designers are hard at work fixing the issues that has been found
In addition to bugfixes, the next patch will add a few things that you’ve requested… I won’t tell you what they are yet though, it’ll be a secret for now.

Chinese Holding art?

An excellent patch and expansion, especially where balance is concerned.

Gotta fix those Chinese living in Mongol yurts though. It's quite ridiculous.

Hopefully you are able to reproduce and fix that revolting vassal independence thing; dam you duke of Flanders.

Is there any hope for hot fix before actual patch?

Any chance we can get "unholy impregnation" to birth a spawn of Satan rather than the much less interesting child of Satan (which at current does literally nothing as they have no father)?

Last edited:
No, we generally only hotfix when there's an issue present that significantly affect most players, i.e. if there is a frequent crash, achievements not working at all, DLC's not being recognized, or similar - fortunately we have no such issues for this patch.
This will be a normal patch, which will go through our verification process. :)

I know it's a bit too late but...
Stq8ZGl.jpg

Please fix Dniester. "#Dniesterlivesmatter #Hashtagsareuseless"

The Western Protectorate should be nerfed.
From what I see, it has a tendency to make everyone and their mother as tributaries, even when completely out of China's diplo range...

Maybe looking at the interactions with the Chinese Imperial family? Right now you can marry and concubine all the children and family members of the Emperor with almost no effort, no required grace. Like if the Emperor doesn't care that some low Indian count concubines his only beloved daughter.

Hopefully you are able to reproduce and fix that revolting vassal independence thing; dam you duke of Flanders.

If what you mean is that your new liege near instantly transfers you back to your old liege, then yes, that'll be fixed in the patch as long as it passes verification.

There's no current plans to do a hotfix, as no critical issues have been discovered. Given that no such issue has been discovered by now, it seems highly unlikely one will, since to be critical it'd have to be at least somewhat common.

I'm very impressed by the work you guys did with this one, really. Great content and "smooth release", I'm definitely going to buy it!

Just to know, have you fixed the fact that italian and occitan vanilla portraits can only being black haired? It's a small thing but very annoying

Any chance we can get more east asian supernatural events?
East Asian mythology is full of fascinating supernatural things, like Fox spirits, the heavenly creatures, and much more.
I felt it was a bit lacking in Jade Dragon, I kinda enjoy the supernatural events.

A bit sad there won't be a beta patch though, me and my friends were going to play a game and we had to postpone it due to ruler designer being broken.

If what you mean is that your new liege near instantly transfers you back to your old liege, then yes, that'll be fixed in the patch as long as it passes verification.

There's no current plans to do a hotfix, as no critical issues have been discovered. Given that no such issue has been discovered by now, it seems highly unlikely one will, since to be critical it'd have to be at least somewhat common.

No, I meant this.

Bummer, I consider that bug to be game breaking, because it pretty much doubles the border gore.

No, I meant this.

Bummer, I consider that bug to be game breaking, because it pretty much doubles the border gore.
Sounds like a rare but significant issue. If someone is able to come up with a way to reproduce it, it is a likely candidate for the patch. Without a way to reproduce it however, fixing it will likely be near impossible.