• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

stnylan

Compulsive CommentatAAR
128 Badges
Aug 1, 2002
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
Form-bound, how come you are here?

Does anyone suspect? Is this a prison - no, no it is not. Can you not feel it, we are loading into the interface. I wonder, form-bound, what of this you shall perceive. What has my mentor laid in store.

Ah, I recognise this setting, Earth in 1936. A nation has been pre-selected for us - this access is one-way. Ah I understand it now - this will be a single-session affair - but possibly a long one. I hope you are ready for it form-bound.

I must confess to excitement. I wonder if I can ensure you accompany me during my Contest. That would make things so much easier.

Uruguay? That is … odd. Ah, there is a message

Lisan - I realise this may be a surprise but there is a reason. You may ask me, if you wish, when you return.

You have two objectives and one condition. The condition is that you must choose the neutral path, with all the restrictions that entails. The objectives - firstly your navy must contain one of every model of submarine. That should not prove to be too difficult. The second is that you must acquire a uranium explosive device, and the methods of delivering it, and - if other restrictions no longer impede - delivering it.

I will watch over your form. Do not worry about that.

Enjoy your experience.
Stharin'Ble.

Well form-bound, we are here. We might as well get on with it.

SSHp8ZG.jpg

Ah, excellent! Looking forward to the ride. :)

Well that was unexpected (in a good way!), will definitely follow, subbed. And by the looks of that title... did someone by any chance saw a minor European nation successfully use uranium for some kind of device and used it too extensively to crush all its enemies and inspire you ;)?

As you know I love these "country/Thing-that-starts-with-same-letter" challenge AARs, particularly if they are done in a not serious spirit. So I will definitely be following this.

This is a good opportunity for me to follow a @stnylan AAR! Looking forward to see what fun you can make of this challenge!:)

Subbed.

Haha - bravo stnylan! Subbed.

Ah, excellent! Looking forward to the ride. :)

Well I'm certainly looking forward to this.

This will be interesting, will follow this closely! :p

This should be fun. Consider me a follower :D

Thank you all.

Well that was unexpected (in a good way!), will definitely follow, subbed. And by the looks of that title... did someone by any chance saw a minor European nation successfully use uranium for some kind of device and used it too extensively to crush all its enemies and inspire you ;)?
Possibly :p Though I envisage a somewhat less engaged run than you had.

As you know I love these "country/Thing-that-starts-with-same-letter" challenge AARs, particularly if they are done in a not serious spirit. So I will definitely be following this.
Definitely not serious, though given my restriction (will need world tension to be 100% to do anything) it will be pretty passive.

This is a good opportunity for me to follow a @stnylan AAR! Looking forward to see what fun you can make of this challenge!:)
I'll do my best

:D Oh man o man o man. This looks quite fun!

I like the interlacing of ideas...very much. A serious challenge such as that? Should make for serious muck-ups.:eek:

"Floating-along" of course.:)
Just so we manage to cork the thing properly :D

1936-7
Well we don’t have much to work with do we form-bound. Two research slots, and a scattering of factories. Some infantry equipment and convoys I think. We need research and industry. The Foci will give us some more factories in time, meanwhile we will start our troops training. We will only have the one state to work from - by the time we’ve finished every slot should be used.

oB6H8Vw.jpg

Seventy days done, and so quickly. You wonder, perhaps, why I did political effort rather than industrialise - simple. A dose of points allows us to switch to Free Trade - better research. But now it is to start the industrialisation.

Nothing much to see though is there. Well, 1936 rarely has much incident. But look it is now November and we can now switch to Early Mobilisation. A little bit of help.

Into 1937 and we are about to unlock our third research slot. We also complete plans for our first submarine. Look at this quaint old thing - nearly an antique.

CBCWNUa.jpg

Now to continue our political efforts and formally adopt neutrality. This will make it very hard for us to do anything unless the world falls apart, which - you should know - it has a tendency to do by the end of the decade.

Q0b1CQ6.jpg

Now what’s this - Australia is separating from the British Empire? Let us check that note … so Stharin’Ble is hoping to keep me on my toes. An unrestricted game - this should be fun.

E8OLZGR.jpg

Our first actual submarine. One down, three more to go.

6qW8xt2.jpg

I hope you are not getting bored - I could tell you each technology and focus completed, but that would be essentially all that happens for a while. Excuse me if I want to skip ahead. Speaking of which, it is now the end of 1937 and Australia has formally severed the knot. Let us see what 1938 brings.

xedqjhF.jpg

Ah, unrestricted eh. So then all bets are indeed off! Next you'll tell us there is no WW2 coming.;)

Ah, unrestricted eh. So then all bets are indeed off! Next you'll tell us there is no WW2 coming.;)
If that happens and me restricted from doing anything until World Tension reaches 100% this could be an even more passive affair than it will already be!

Now what’s this - Australia is separating from the British Empire? Let us check that note … so Stharin’Ble is hoping to keep me on my toes. An unrestricted game - this should be fun.

E8OLZGR.jpg
How did this happen, is it something from TfV or is it the colony/puppet/different statuses of subjects which did this? Man, I should really play this game a bit to know what I'm seeing :p.

How did this happen, is it something from TfV or is it the colony/puppet/different statuses of subjects which did this? Man, I should really play this game a bit to know what I'm seeing :p.
Yes this is a TfV thing, part of the Aussie focus tree. I've not seen it before either.

Very curious. It'll be interesting to see how an independent Australia will fare in the War in the Pacific -- if it comes to that, of course.
So am I.