• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And right before winter break. So the patch that makes this finally playable probably won't drop until late February. Sorry Paradox, but given your past record when releasing broken expansions prior to a long work stoppage, I certainly won't be purchasing until much later.

I feel like the level of brokenness does not justify that level of cynicism.

Yes there are game breaking bugs but you can't just label all of the DLC as launched in a broken state because some are worse than others.

Reaper's Due (aside from the infinite plague bug that didn't manifest that often) wasn't nearly as buggy or imbalanced as Monks and Mystics.

Bout time, but looking forward to it none the less. Someone in a previous thread mentioned this but there better be an achievement for reopening the silk road as the empire of Britania, as a reference to the Opium Wars

I feel like the level of brokenness does not justify that level of cynicism.

Yes there are game breaking bugs but you can't just label all of the DLC as launched in a broken state because some are worse than others.

Reaper's Due (aside from the infinite plague bug that didn't manifest that often) wasn't nearly as buggy or imbalanced as Monks and Mystics.
Exactly
Also, playing M&M right after the release gave the opportunity to play super-duper overpowered satanists. You can't have that kind of fun postponing the play to after the first patch.

Exactly
Also, playing M&M right after the release gave the opportunity to play super-duper overpowered satanists. You can't have that kind of fun postponing the play to after the first patch.

YES! Call me crazy but you get entirely unique experiences by playing right after release.

I'm not even talking about Satanists I'm talking about how much fun it was to watch the religious chaos of the world with the secret religions societies.

STOCKHOLM - October 24 - In less than a month, desktop royalty will have the chance to test their resilience against the most majestic empire of the Middle Ages. On November 16, 2017, Paradox Development Studio will release Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon, the latest expansion to the best-selling medieval grand strategy role-playing experience.

The Emperor of China is powerful, but not invulnerable. Clever rulers can exploit the Emperor’s occasional generosity to build their own empire, carefully watching the news reports and changes in the Middle Kingdom so that they can best ride out the tides of history. Then, when the moment is right and you are confident in your strength, strike out and seize the Dragon Throne for yourself.

Jade Dragon features include:
  • The Further East: A new “China Screen” lays out the status and desires of the Emperor of China, letting you keep tabs on what he wants and how to earn his grace
  • An Eventful History: Random events tip you off to major happenings in distant Cathay, letting you know when the Middle Kingdom might be shifting its center of gravity
  • Taoism: A Chinese religion that gives bonuses to stewardship, but spreads very slowly.
  • New Asian Tributary System: Submit to the Empire as a tributary, always keeping an eye on the waning power of the Emperor, so you can time your escape to freedom
  • Ambitious Adventurers: Disgruntled princes or curious adventurers may leave China to seek their own fortune to the west.
  • Amazing Riches: Collect wondrous new Chinese artifacts for your characters, and a new Silk Road system that adjusts returns based on China’s stability.
  • Chinese Characters: New Chinese and Tibetan portraits and Chinese units bring the empire to life
  • Eight New Casus Bellis: Fight!
Jade Dragon will be available on 16 November 2017 for the suggested retail price of $14.99.

To learn more about specific features coming in Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon and the free 2.8 update, check out our development diaries.

Maybe I'm alone but I'm still not entirely clear.

The Tibetan plateau is on the free patch side of things.

Is the new Tibetan government type Monastic Feudal also free patch and thus playable without the DLC?

Or is it on the DLC side of things with Tibet being more in the style of India?

To say nothing of where the Bon religion lies.

Glad to finally get an exact date. Really looking forward to getting my grubby grabbers on this.

Thank for sharing this release date, looking forward to it! :)

Much excitement :D. Although I'm still not sold on the 'release expansions for two games from the same studio on the same day', but as long as your marketing peeps have crunched the numbers and things work out best that way, then carry on :). Looking forward to both JD and CoC :cool:.

YES! Call me crazy but you get entirely unique experiences by playing right after release.

I'm not even talking about Satanists I'm talking about how much fun it was to watch the religious chaos of the world with the secret religions societies.

The Chinese emperor is a devout Catholic who is secretly a practicing Germanic member of the Fellowship of Hel.