• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Meneth Could you add a way to specify the age at which a character created through the history/characters folder gained immortality? At the moment, you can only do that with the immortal_age parameter for the create a character command, but default characters made through the folder I mentioned start the game with a portrait for their real age, and not their "permanent" age, even if you specify when they gained the trait.

@Meneth

Requesting a new on_action: on_betrothal. Basically the same scopes as on_marriage, I guess?—ROOT is liege, FROM is betrothed under liege, and new_character is the other betrothed.

And I think it's already been requested, but a character scope for betrothed (basically used the same as spouse) would be awesome.

Could you also make Pentarchy titles and names dynamic? Like, "AUTOCEPHALOUS_REL_HEAD_mimamsa" to allow a Mimamsa Religion to have its own titles and tooltips for its Pentarchies. (That way, they could be called Abbots for one religion and Patriarchs for others, and Matriarchs for still others, and so on.)

Allow kingdoms to have different Autocephaly religious heads based on religion: e.g., that if the ERE is Miaphysite, it answers to the Patriarch in Antioch, if Paulician, to Rome, and if Orthodox, to Ecumenical Patriarch, and so on and so forth. "K_ITALY = { MIAPHYSITE_PENTARCH = X ORTHODOX_PENTARCH = X }".

Likewise, please make it so that "SET_PENTARCHY" Comamnd can be done for only one religion, as opposed to everyone.

I am bringing these back, because I never got a real response.

I also second splitting Pentarchy from Autocephaly.

@Meneth

Requesting a new on_action: on_betrothal. Basically the same scopes as on_marriage, I guess?—ROOT is liege, FROM is betrothed under liege, and new_character is the other betrothed.

And I think it's already been requested, but a character scope for betrothed (basically used the same as spouse) would be awesome.

I second this.

While we're at dates, I just remember it would be very useful to be able to check for day in addition to month and year.

Because afaik this is currently not possible, which is insanely annoying if you want to have an event that fires at a precise date, e.g. a religious festival like Christmas that does not happen "sometime during December", but exactly on the 24th or 25th.

A remove_religion_authority effect, to remove any authority modifier done through the religion_authority. This effect would work in the same way as the other remove_modifier commands work.

While we're at dates, I just remember it would be very useful to be able to check for day in addition to month and year.

Because afaik this is currently not possible, which is insanely annoying if you want to have an event that fires at a precise date, e.g. a religious festival like Christmas that does not happen "sometime during December", but exactly on the 24th or 25th.
Hmm. I thought 'day = N' was valid. But I can't find it used in any vanilla files, so maybe not. :eek:

Hmm. I thought 'day = N' was valid. But I can't find it used in any vanilla files, so maybe not. :eek:
Looking back, I've been in discussions of this before (not even that long ago), and *did* know that 'day=N' doesn't work. (Too much info in my head from too many games …)

I came up with a kludge that can get an event on a specific day, using a chain of events.

• Create event A, with trigger = {year=X month=Y NOT={flag=global_searching}} and MTTH 1 day, to happen in the month *before* the month you want. In it set the flag global_searching, and do repeat_event={id=B days=1}. (The flag is so it only fires once in the month, otherwise it might fire twice. year=X is optional, if you want it to happen in the 1st game year.)

• Create event B. In immediate clause, if NOT={month=Y+1}, then repeat_event={id=B days=1} again, else this is your month so repeat_event={id=C days=Z} (where Z takes you from the 1st of the month to the day you want).

• Event C does the thing you want on the right date. If you want it to happen every year after that, repeat_event={id=C days=365}.

Another poster claims to have gotten precise Christmas events, altho from what I understand of game events, it *shouldn't* be reliable: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/custom-yearly-pulses.990726/

Looking back, I've been in discussions of this before (not even that long ago), and *did* know that 'day=N' doesn't work. (Too much info in my head from too many games …)

I came up with a kludge that can get an event on a specific day, using a chain of events.

• Create event A, with trigger = {year=X month=Y NOT={flag=global_searching}} and MTTH 1 day, to happen in the month *before* the month you want. In it set the flag global_searching, and do repeat_event={id=B days=1}. (The flag is so it only fires once in the month, otherwise it might fire twice. year=X is optional, if you want it to happen in the 1st game year.)

• Create event B. In immediate clause, if NOT={month=Y+1}, then repeat_event={id=B days=1} again, else this is your month so repeat_event={id=C days=Z} (where Z takes you from the 1st of the month to the day you want).

• Event C does the thing you want on the right date. If you want it to happen every year after that, repeat_event={id=C days=365}.

Another poster claims to have gotten precise Christmas events, altho from what I understand of game events, it *shouldn't* be reliable: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/custom-yearly-pulses.990726/
Actually I am using something quite similar for a mod I am developing currently, because I want a maintenance event to fire precisely at the start of a month, and from there in the future I could also fire delayed events to match specific dates.
The problem is that the scripting is needlessly complicated, performance intensive because it has to fire every day; and thus it would be far more convenient to have a direct condition.

If you got a quick mind you can circumvent most problems (a similar one being scoping to tributaries which works only one-way, and I hope will be fixed for Jade Dragon), but really that is what these suggestions are for: To make modding easier without requiring a ton of workarounds.

That doesn't mean I don't appreciate your suggestion of a workaround; if I hadn't thought of it already this would have been super-helpful - and it may still be for others.

Would it be possible to add more control to marriage so certain modifications such as Elder Kings and other fantasy ones could prevent marriage between incompatible races and cultures?

I was thinking something like the intermarry check but for traits and/or cultures as a cannot_intermarry?

The trait one I envision as something like this;

Code:
altmer = {
    learning = 2
    martial = -1
    fertility = -0.1

cannot_intermarry = { #Any traits listed here will block the AI accepting marriage proposals from characters with them.
        trait = khajiit
        trait = argonian
        trait = sload
    }

is_visible = {
        NOT = { has_character_flag = racial_traits_off }
    }
}

cannot_intermarry = <culture|culture_group> in cultures would be simpler, although it wouldn't offer as much control.
Code:
    example = {
        graphical_cultures = { southerngfx italiangfx }

color = { 0.58 0.06 0.06 }

male_names = {
            Andrew Balthazar Calum Daniel Edward Francis George
        }
        female_names = {
            Amelia Brienne Corinne Daniele Emma Francis Georgia
        }
        from_dynasty_prefix = "of "

#Won't accept marriage proposals from listed cultures
        cannot_intermarry = {
            example_culture_group
            example_culture1
            example_culture2
        }

modifier = default_culture_modifier
    }

Not just a modding suggestion but also a QoL suggestion for CK2 itself; how feasible would it be to add a checkbox to a holding "Autoupgrade" that will automatically upgrade/build buildings when you meet their trigger requirements (wealth+triggers+other conditions)?
On wealth it might be preferable to have it be a threshold in defines.lua we can modify?

Quite a few mods have expanded building lists where the issue of upgrading a large quantity of holdings is exasperated over vanilla (where it can also be an issue).

Last edited:
Well you could see it as one, considering as he pointed out the problem is most evident in mods.
Because vanilla could also profit from such a change only makes its integration more likely, as devs have stated in the past (iirc) that suggestions will be acted on mostly if they are somewhat connected to the main game.
So I would disagree with Korbah's statement that this was not a modding suggestion; imo it primarily is, yet secondary also potentially useful for vanilla.

And btw I support this idea, I have to use lots of events to build buildings "automatically", and an integrated function could be helpful to make this dynamically apply also to buildings which are not yet considered in the events.