• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you very much. and also once again to all of the commentators!

Before I announce this week's winner I strongly desire to give a shout-out to two members of the HoI3-Forum Kovax & MarxianTJ for their excellent Quality assistance in "the making THIS fan and likely...many others". :) Because of their excellent support of my learning a Paradox-game and doubtless many other newcomers over time, they have in my opinion made a large contribution to one segment of our greater community. It is my hope, that in the future - AAR-land will indeed collectively recognize these "other-fans" and their type of Support in some fashion within all of our gaming-forums. I do hope I am not out-of-line to suggest this idea to the greater-community.

On to the reason I am here.

Wow (and I'll say it backwards) WOW! AARland has many important fans- what a very tough choice!

I appreciate the AAR-land spirit behind this imagination.<thumbs-up>

<drum-roll> The next Fan of the Week is Macke11...congratulations!

HoI3 - After Action Reports (AAR)
Within his own The Pacific Empire - A Japan BlackICE AAR thread, in a creative conversation about a future project with our friend Bullfilter, "http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...pan-blackice-aar.909533/page-12#post-23194631" Macke had this to say; "By the way, readAARs and writAARs of HoI3 AARland, I had a thought recently - I don't know whether it would do any good though. - that we could create a forum group for HoI3 AARland. I would be glad to have you voice your opinions on the matter and discuss it with me. :)"

If you read his signature you see a broader support of AAR-land.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Vote for your favourite AARs in the Q1 and Q2 ACAs 2017!

Writer of the following AARs:
The Pacific Empire, a Japan AAR for HOI3 Blackice. (In a long, slow Epilogue phase)(20th Feb 2016 - 14th Aug 2017)
Kurfurstendömet som Överraskade Världen, an EUIV AAR in Swedish. (On Hold)(28th Dec 2016 - Present)

Playing Bernardo de Alicante in Michaelangelo's Empire of the Mediterranean, an EUIV/Victoria II iAAR.

Visit my Inkwell for a full index of my AARs !
Also take a look at the great AARland General Discussion Sub-Forum, it has a lot to offer!
Please pass by Mr.C's revival of the old bAAR and ask AAR questions, give advice or just have a chat with fellow AARlanders!

NewcomAAR of the Year: 2015, for The Indian Republic"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have noticed other efforts regarding what I think very nice teamwork from this member. i.e. Calling for support of other members interactive AARs - which of course need participants.:)

Cheers Macke11

Thanks a lot @markkur, it is truly an honour! I was very surprised when I heard that you intended to nominate me, but it definitely glads me that what I do in AARland is seen as good teamwork! :)

And like @Nuada Airgetlám, I hope that your illness isn't too hard on you.

I have quite a few good AARs to catch up with, and I could try to name them all just to let you know that I want to read them... but I'll hold on to them until I write my recommendations. Might write something about what AARland is in my eyes, since I was chosen for trying to strengthen our community. And I have a bit more time to spare for a few days, so I could realistically manage it.:p

Congratulations, @Macke11 !

@markkur, I hope your illness isn't affecting you too badly.

Congratulations to @Macke11!

HOI needs more love, it's true. Congrats.

My congratulations @Macke11 .

Congratulations @Macke11! :D

And also, a most excellent post and suggestion, @markkur. It does my heart good every time a Fan of the Week goes above and beyond to do a little more than just hand the award off to the next guy :)

Congratulations!

Congratulations @Macke11

Belated congrats to markkur, well deserved, and well done to Macke11 as well.

Congratulations @Macke11!!

Very many thanks to all of you, guys! I don't know who should congratulate who though. I'd like to say congratulations to you all on keeping this place running and on managing to be the active members that draw people to this place, as well as make them stay! Of course, not only do I want to congratulate you on that, I want to thank you for it as well!:)

Have been away for work for a while so hadn't caught up on the thread for a bit - and I can see that two good friends and supportAARs have been nominated in the last couple of weeks: both very thoroughly deserved. So heartiest congratulations @markkur and @Macke11. Great to see you both recognised. Also thanks to
@TheButterflyComposer for the mention of 'Talking Turkey' in your write-up. I'm about to catch up on 'Empire of Albion' again now that I'm back in town.

Congratulations @Macke11!

Have been away for work for a while so hadn't caught up on the thread for a bit - and I can see that two good friends and supportAARs have been nominated in the last couple of weeks: both very thoroughly deserved. So heartiest congratulations @markkur and @Macke11. Great to see you both recognised. Also thanks to
@TheButterflyComposer for the mention of 'Talking Turkey' in your write-up. I'm about to catch up on 'Empire of Albion' again now that I'm back in town.

Thank you! Like I said to the others before, this "thank you" is not only for you congratulations, but for your efforts in AARland as well!:)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It appears to be time for me to pass this on, but first I'll try to keep up an old tradition. Here come my recommendations. By reading these you might see why I have a hard time keeping up with all the projects I want to follow and it should be noted that I am not up to date with all of these, so events might have occurred that I am not aware of. I know that there are many more projects out there deserving recognition, but I simply can’t mention them all, even less follow them all.

EU4

Europa: In the Age of the Fourth Race of Kings – by @volksmarschall

Volksmarschall provides us yet another of his excellent works on these forums. This time it’s a ‘history book’ focused at a Naples that… I shouldn’t spoil what happens. Anyway, it’s not entirely limited to Naples, for the author has promised a greater view of Europe at the time as well. Although, why the need to explain what the AAR is all about, when one can much more easily explain that it is written by volksmarschall? People will read it immediately!;)

If one enjoys this AAR, there are also two other ongoing projects by this author, and one that has recently been finished.

«From Augustus the Caesar…» — The Tale of the Tsars – by @Khanconette

A nicely written history of the Russian Empire played in EUIV with the Third Rome DLC for additional Russian flavour. The general outline of the story reminds a lot about what was my initial ambition here in AARland, however this author writes it much better than me.

Beating Plowshares Into Swords - A Sienese AAR – by @Ulysses

A good history book AAR with bits of narrative, centred on the Italian city-state Siena. I haven’t read enough of it to know much of what it leads to, but I can safely say that it is good.

Atlas Universalis I EUIV Megacampaign AAR@TheCreator901

This is stage two in TheCreator901’s megacampaign which started in CK2. The earlier part is worthwhile checking out, but I mention this part since it’s the one currently in progress. The author has already produced a lot of content and if you give this megacampaign a chance by sitting down to read it you would probably find it good.

HoI3

Early to War: 1936 Germany With Itchy Trigger Fingers (HPP) – by @Rensslaer

AArland has recently seen the return of several veterans with new project. This is one of those. Rensslaer presents one more of his HoI3 AARs and one is certain to learn a few things should one check it out. With an early start to WW2 the AAR promises to give an interesting history and a guide to how to think outside the box.

'Odin' and Stalin's Secret Committee – by @roverS3

The author has an incredible patience with details and offers you a very in-depth view of what is happening in the Soviet Union through reports, primarily from ‘Odin’, but also from other members of Stalin’s Secret Committee. This makes the project different from any other I have seen and an interesting such. The AAR is also an experiment on what the AI can handle for the player. If the AI messes things up and make the Soviets go down in flames, the author has said that so be it. (Or something of a similar style.)

Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936 – by @Bullfilter

This AAR mixes the three styles of ‘gameplay’, ‘narrative’ and ‘history book’ into a single project. Most readers should find something they like in this AAR , since there’s quite a bit of narrative story-line pre-war, a lot of discussion of strategies and decisions and the like, and also well done descriptions of events both internally and abroad. Greater Turkey is currently getting ready for war…

Inevitable Defeat - Slovakia '44 – by @El Pip

A hilarious story taking place in late-WW2 Slovakia, a country most people (including me) usually simply glance right over. Slovakia appears destined to be ruled by incompetent leaders, surrounded by a world that sometimes is perhaps as weird. It is a great comedy piece originally started in 2011, but the author continues it still today, and we should be grateful for that.

El Pip is also writing a “slower-than-realtime” AAR in the HoI2 AAR subforum, a project which he maintains more than 11 years after its start. This one, however, is to my knowledge not a comedy AAR, but that shouldn’t make it any less good.

CK2

Road of Queens - CKII India AAR – by @Eurasia

The HoI3 AI ExperminentAAR has set out on project different than his two (three, depending on definition) previous works, this time entering the world of CK2, writing a narrative story with an… interesting setting. Have you ever wondered what would happen if a Greek dynasty ended up in charge of an Indian kingdom? I certainly had not before I saw this project.:p

Valyrian Steel: A Game of Thrones Mod AAR – by @Henry v. Keiper

The author writes an incredible narrative based on a game of CK2 with the AGOT mod and even though I have never read or seen The Game of Thrones this story intrigues me. Henry writes primarily from the character Rhaenyra’s point of view, but also mixes it with several other perspectives.

The Bold Prince – by @coz1

The sequel to coz’s previous work “The Rightful King” it remains a testament to his skill in writing and he continues his way of writing with much dialogue, a style that suits CK2 very well since the game revolves a lot around character interactions. I’d say the only downside to his work is that he produces too much of his great quality stuff. ;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, I believe I have had the scene long enough and it is time to pass on the awAARd to another deserving fan. I had quite a few worthy candidates to choose from - Fortunately many had already been awAARded recently, but it was still a great amount - and it should be noted that if I didn't nominate you there is a good chance that you are still a valuable fan! Now, without further ado, may I present our new Fan of the Week...

Upon his return to the forums a few months back, Nuada has done a great effort and caught up with the AARs he follows to the level that he is now frequently giving the authors his great comments again. He is everywhere and encourages the continuation of so many projects that his absence earlier this year made AARland feel different. I’m sure I was not the only one to think that way, and if I’m right in that, it is quite clear why he deserves his 3rd Fan of the Week award. Congratulations @Nuada Airgetlám!

Last edited:
Well done

Excellent work from Mack11 showing why he was a good fan of the week, and I'm not saying that just because he plugged my AAR...

Congratulations to @Nuada Airgetlám, after such a strong recommendation I'm sure it's deserved.

Cheers @Macke11 for the list of recommendations and for the nomination. :) I'll need the week to come up with a list for next Sunday! ;)

My congratulations @Nuada Airgetlám .

Well done

Congratulations, @Nuada Airgetlám ! You're a worthy winner.:)

Excellent work from Mack11 showing why he was a good fan of the week, and I'm not saying that just because he plugged my AAR...

Congratulations to @Nuada Airgetlám, after such a strong recommendation I'm sure it's deserved.

Well deserved, I have also seen a great many quality support efforts. Cheers!

Congratulations @Nuada Airgetlám, it's well deserved!

Good set of recommendations @Macke11

And very many congratulations @Nuada Airgetlám

Congratulations @Nuada Airgetlám! Another very worthy award, if I do say so myself :)

Many thanks to you all! I thoroughly enjoy the quality of comments on this forum. If I can positively contribute to that then I'm doing something right. :)

Congratulations!

Congratulations, @Macke11 and @Nuada Airgetlám!

Macke11, thank you so much for your readership, and for recognizing Early to War!

Rensslaer