• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is true though that lots of people don't know they actually can change their title.
It is a fairly new feature, on the old forum only moderators could do it.

Congratulations!

Also regarding titles, I seem to recall you could do so for yourself once you had enough posts.

You've given it to him again? Only scant months after last time? I congratulate you BE, your bribery efforts have paid off in stunning style!
ja_zps42369c2d.gif

Seriously though, you do keep turning up everywhere and it's nice to see the giver of such detailed and thoughtful feedback and interactions rewarded.

You've given it to him again? Only scant months after last time? I congratulate you BE, your bribery efforts have paid off in stunning style!
ja_zps42369c2d.gif

Seriously though, you do keep turning up everywhere and it's nice to see the giver of such detailed and thoughtful feedback and interactions rewarded.

Mwheheheheh, soon I shall own these boards and after that, Paradox Interactive itself! Then I shall force them to produce a free DLC for every Europa U game they ever make where they lay out in exquisite detail the Great Northern War and how Russia beat the crap out of the Swedish Empire. And then I'll fire everyone in the HOI research department and replace them with James May and Jeremy Clarkson (or maybe El Pip, to ensure they'll never make another one:D) to ensure all sides are properly considered and then promptly discarded in favour of tanks and explosions.
And then I'll go to the Stellaris department and show them a book on basic engineering and physics...though maybe that's too mean. What I'll actually do is put all the money into CK3 (the complete edition!) and Planet-coaster.

I did think the award was a little soon but you can't get quality like this everywhere you know...just from a few thousand others and myself on these forums. ;)

Many congratulations to you once again, Butterfly! You are a mainstay in my own work and imagine you are the same to so many others. I apologize for not being so good at repaying that favor but trust that I am slowly catching up with at least yours and @JabberJock14's work as best I can in between working on my own. This award is a testament to the currency of AARland and you dove in head first. We all appreciate it! :)

And yeah...if somehow you take over PI...CKIII please. :D

and please Victoria 3 too!!!

btw, I really like the idea of giving as Christmas presents to the developers of Stellaris a few Physics/Chemistry books (I am not an astrophysics expert, but as an Engineer, I can see very obvious issues with that part of the game) ... even a few of Isaac Asimov's tales

and please Victoria 3 too!!!

btw, I really like the idea of giving as Christmas presents to the developers of Stellaris a few Physics/Chemistry books (I am not an astrophysics expert, but as an Engineer, I can see very obvious issues with that part of the game) ... even a few of Isaac Asimov's tales
Ah, one can never go wrong with Isaac Asimov! (At the slight risk of going OT). I've already congratulated TBC once, so shan't do it again so soon :p - at least until he wins the award again in another month or two! :D

Ah, one can never go wrong with Isaac Asimov! (At the slight risk of going OT). I've already congratulated TBC once, so shan't do it again so soon :p - at least until he wins the award again in another month or two! :D

At this rate it should be in two weeks time or so. Cause that's definitely what graphing it out points to. And graphs are very impressive and potentially correct!

Thanks everybody,

'Bout time for a new fan, @TheButterflyComposer . You can't keep the coolness forever. ;)

Afraid I'll use all the air in the room?:)

Well, this last month has seen many of the most rabid (I mean, supportive;)) commentators on the forum picked out already ( Nikolai, stnylan and guillec87, once again well done for all that).
Markkur however always seems to crop up all over the place, even when they were doing their own (excellent) AARs and has been a good supporter of my first attempt for months now. So congrats for winning fan of the...um...'week' (time bends a little on this forum, especially for HOI writers).
Let's see...recommendations. Some of these I've done before and some are new or ones that have finished since then. CKII seems to be unavoidably predominant.

CKII
Before Plantagent is quickly becoming the thing in narrative AARs. Sex and violence and all that jazz (there's very little music but lots of the other two. Promise).
Unlike most of the others on this list, A Gherensite Empire is actually finished (to my knowledge) and a great little history book AAR.
Millennium's Eve is set in Ireland but isn't a noob campaign. Instead, it's a seemingly epic quest to increase the size of the Irish Diaspora one royal family at a time.
And Now For Something Rather English is another Saxon England AAR. But it's quickly swerved into unknown waters and currently plans on being an epic mega cmapaign about a different sort of England.
The Wolves of Westseaenxe should be here too but for some reason it's dissipated off the page and I can't find it anywhere. Really hope that's my computer bugging rather than the story being deleted, they just got to the crusades!
And of course, the fantastic Rightful King and its sequel, though they don't really need recommending at this point.

EUIV
If you fancy an AAR that will confuse you as well as intrigue, here's one that's just starting up and looks promising: Entering the First Court: Kanem Bornu.
Island Quest
(another finished one) is a cool read about the Vikings of the Caribbean and their attempt to bring the heart of Odin to all islands (and nothing but the islands) of the world.

Vic2 (sort of?)
Land of the Honest People is one of those that slowly burns but oozes quality. Set in Africa in the modern day (Le Pix promises they're not going to conquer the place).
If you want to learn Vicky2 or just read some pages about many, many people cracking wise about Sweden, have a look at Stynlan's last AAR (also complete): A VictoriAARn Education.

HOI (various)
A fantastic project for anyone into WWII (presumably, everyone interested in this section?) and for any fan of the Great War Channel on Youtube (which by the way, I also highly recommend ): An Alternate WWII provides a weekly update on what was going on in real-time during the campaign and by God was it fascinating.
Talking Turkey, which we've talked about before, has just entered WWII and Turkey has finally gotten into it's chosen friendship group. But though this AAR is excellent in many ways, the theories and discussions going on in the comments are great too. It really seems to have captured the imaginations of many (and me too).

Oh, I should probably put Markkur's own work here too. UK Motorway, which was an epic tale of how even when things go pretty much swimmingly for the Allies at times, everything still went to hell very quickly. A good read for all comers.

Thanks to everyone's kind words, hope there's something in the list you like and well done once again to Markkur.

Many congratulations @markkur! I have seen you both in my AAR and in others' and I know that you deserve this awAARd!

@TheButterflyComposer, thank you for providing us with these recommendations!

Congratulations!