• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When I think I know the game, I always find cheesy ways of getting better. I should try this when I restart Manipur to stop failing it for once.

ok, you are doing manipur TOO?

(err, nm)

Was even a no-cb. They had to declare on someone after preparing.

ok, i don't get it. never used this before.

sounds like a bug/ exploit in all honesty.

ok, i don't get it. never used this before.

sounds like a bug/ exploit in all honesty.

Nah, just focused development.

StarNaN (was it him?) did quite a nice job with 1.18 regarding warfare.

In other areas however the AI is so far behind, it's not even funny anymore.

Remember how they recently took the algorithm for buildings from Arumba? Wasn't even on their checklist.

The whole process in peacetimes up to DoW preparations is bad. That's not an exploit, that's a weak AI.

If you call that an exploit you'd call tricking them into attacking you over a river into mountains an exploit too, but at that point, everything becomes one.

if anyone wants do discuss, add, remove points, feel free to do so :)

The intent here is to expand the thread like PU guide.
Breaking a coalition into 2 different wars can be a good way to be able to act with impunity when blobbing. Declare war when a couple of the nations have joined the coalition with like good old holy war and take 100%, dow second block later and call your allies to stomp them really hard. Even if you can't call you allies the war should be much easier than fighting them all at once. Good to keep in mind in cases when just popped out from truce with all of the coalition at once because of a previous coalition war.

Can't you just pick any ally of a coalition member and co-beligerent him to call in everyone but have the option to separate peace them?

Used to be the easiest way to deal with alliances or extreme blob, but you would need a heavy RCC run to make use of it.

Unless they fixed it. But that used to be the easier way compared to attacking a coalition. Even if it was just half of one.

You still can in 1.19, this is one of the major exploits that saves lategame.

Breaking a coalition into 2 different wars can be a good way to be able to act with impunity when blobbing. Declare war when a couple of the nations have joined the coalition with like good old holy war and take 100%, dow second block later and call your allies to stomp them really hard. Even if you can't call you allies the war should be much easier than fighting them all at once. Good to keep in mind in cases when just popped out from truce with all of the coalition at once because of a previous coalition war.

added to guide.

added links in original post that link to the youtube tutorials @Florryworry_ made on the topic of coalition dodging.

I hope I got your permission to link 'm ;)

I hate coalitions going to war with me if I have weak vassals - they only ruin my already weak war score! For example, I play as Byzantium, vassalise Georgia. Austria, Poland and 6 other nations get to war with me. I manage to get 20 warscore by explouting the stupid AI. Poland moves 30regm. stack. Georgia attacks it with a 2-regmnt one!!! WHY? IS THIS A SUICIDE?

I hate coalitions going to war with me if I have weak vassals - they only ruin my already weak war score! For example, I play as Byzantium, vassalise Georgia. Austria, Poland and 6 other nations get to war with me. I manage to get 20 warscore by explouting the stupid AI. Poland moves 30regm. stack. Georgia attacks it with a 2-regmnt one!!! WHY? IS THIS A SUICIDE?

put the vassals on scutage if they are small and having debt and such. Saves you load of hassle, especially if they are integrating while at war.

put the vassals on scutage if they are small and having debt and such. Saves you load of hassle, especially if they are integrating while at war.

Alternative let them stay in huge debt and integrate them. All of that loans will disappear. Leaving all those people without a way to get money back!

What are the current rules for joining a coalition?

1. 50+ AE
2. No truce
3. Negative opinion

isnt true anymore. Nation with positive opinion can join too.

I had some small nation in the coalition. I knew Austria will join when there truce ends. So i quickly improved relation, so they ended up at +7 when the truced ended. I was happy. For some days. because they still joined the coalition.

What are the current rules for joining a coalition?

1. 50+ AE
2. No truce
3. Negative opinion

isnt true anymore. Nation with positive opinion can join too.

I had some small nation in the coalition. I knew Austria will join when there truce ends. So i quickly improved relation, so they ended up at +7 when the truced ended. I was happy. For some days. because they still joined the coalition.

nothing changed, but ever since patch 1.17 the rules for joining and leaving coalition have been bugged.

it is still 4 nations needed with 50+ae, no truce and negative opinion for the POSSIBILITY of a coalition, but ever since patch 1.17 a coalition will form of 2-3 membes even if the fourth and the other eglible nations are in a war.

them joining/leaving coalition at positive opinion can get buggy too sometimes. Sometimes nations don't go from outraged to neutral/friendly/hostile/threatened when their opinion goes from negative to positive. restarting client helps.

same for nations not leaving coalition at positive relations.

Do you find that exiting and reloading helps sort out that bugginess? I find that quite often flushes people out who for some reason haven't left.

yes, forgot to mention that. which proved it is buggy.

bug reported this with saves in 1.17 already, but ofc no response :)

rewrote the guide to make it more clear how to AVOID coalitions, rather then to deal with them.

I think it's worth noting that offensive coalition wars don't get a -30 enthusiasm modifier for peace. If you attack a tiny nation in a coalition and assault it down, you don't have to camp very long before white peacing all members into a truce.

I consider this vastly preferable to buying your way out, and it's rare that you can't find a way to do it.