Be the First To Try our New Multiplayer Tech!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for reporting! Have you been able to join any game? I would appreciate if I can reach out in a PM and get some further details on your hardware (for example if you're behind a restrictive firewall).
Nope. I couldn't get in any of the games. They are either not found, or the host declined my hotjoin request.

Sure, feel free to PM me with what you need and I'll gladly give you the info you require. :)

Thanks for reporting the friend list and chat problems. We are currently looking into a bug with the automatic login feature if you have connected your Paradox and Steam accounts, causing friends list and chat to not work. It would be very helpful if you could try to disconnect your accounts on the "Settings" tab of https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/profile, and then skip the connection step next time you start the game, and let us know if this resolves your issue. You can always re-connect using the Paradox Logo at the bottom of the game screen, or using the same website.

Regarding the "game not found" issues, it would help if you could provide us more details, for example details about your network setup, as well as the name of the session you were trying to join. Feel free to send me a PM!

Thanks!

I want to paly with friends on this Beta.
I play from Win 10 x64, they (2 friend) play from Kubuntu 16.10
After one of my friend go to Win 10 too, and can host and connect to Linux hoster and Windows hoster.
I can connect to all games, they cannot connect to games => Linux can host game, cant connect to all games | Win 10 x64 - can host and can connect to all games.

I think since the beta 1.6.1 is gone I didn't get an achievement for patron. I verified cache and that reset it to normal, I went back to load the beta 1.6.1 and it wasn't there so I downloaded this one.
Is it there is a chance per 10 years? I finally got the achievement, but it was longer than 10 years

Okay, but what are exactly the features of this new multiplayer? Besides this account syncing and new friend list, I don't see anything new...
It's not that there's a new feature, it's that we've rewritten the code for multiplayer. We want to test this so we can catch bugs before going live.

Is the plan to eventually force players to login to a Paradox account to play multiplayer for the live release? Absolutely awful idea if so
Yes, we know it's a extra step, but we need a method to authenticate the players. It's hopefully not too much of an effort to create an account, and the next build will have an easier create account screen. Also, If you link your paradox account to your steam account, login should happen automatically.

If you had an actual bug tracker instead of a forum it may be even easier for Devs to get relevant information instead of ignoring posts in the bug report forum.
We have a bugtracker internally, and we add bugs we find in the forums, they aren't not getting ignored.

Went online for multiplayer. Was a 2 games up, could not join either. Went back to normal.
My suggestions is a better lobby experience with chat included. The whole starting running bar is useless. If you want to make any form of multiplayer start there. I bought the game to play multiplayer and am a bit saddened that multiplayer is not seriously functional, not for a non friend first timer like myself. I can't make friends only through the multiplayer game cause i cant hot join most and the few times i get into a random game the host dc 2 hours in and waste time playing. Frustrating is an understatement

This game is so much fun and i would love to see a great multiplayer experience.

We are about to start a 10 - 12 man stellaris game, I don't think we'll opt in straight away to help but I'll ask around.

It's not that there's a new feature, it's that we've rewritten the code for multiplayer. We want to test this so we can catch bugs before going live.

Yes, we know it's a extra step, but we need a method to authenticate the players. It's hopefully not too much of an effort to create an account, and the next build will have an easier create account screen. Also, If you link your paradox account to your steam account, login should happen automatically.

We have a bugtracker internally, and we add bugs we find in the forums, they aren't not getting ignored.

What improvements are planned to be added based on this change of code? More fluid multiplayer, as in if host drops game continues? Fluid hotjoining process?

What improvements are planned to be added based on this change of code? More fluid multiplayer, as in if host drops game continues? Fluid hotjoining process?
None at the moment, we have some ideas about things what we wanna make, and this is gives us the infrastructure to we need to make those things possible. But we've noticed that this new implementation seems to work a bit faster, so that's good :)

can't find any game without password, so can't try it out atm.

EDIT: found one, tryed to connect - Game not found.
i'm at work with heavy corporate firewall, so it would be good to know what ports\protocols game use to connect host and client to each other.

Last edited:
Is it really necessary to reinvent the wheel ? Stellaris has been the only game from PDS so far where i didn't have major issues playing MP (no desync etc.). Only issues I had were performance (slow end game) related and happen in SP as well.

Is it really necessary to reinvent the wheel ? Stellaris has been the only game from PDS so far where i didn't have major issues playing MP (no desync etc.). Only issues I had were performance (slow end game) related and happen in SP as well.
I believe they are developing some kind of multiplayer infraestructure core that would make it easier to add more features in the future.

can't find any game without password, so can't try it out atm.

EDIT: found one, tryed to connect - Game not found.
i'm at work with heavy corporate firewall, so it would be good to know what ports\protocols game use to connect host and client to each other.
You could try port forwarding 17780 - 17790 on both TCP and UDP, let me know if that helped :)

I am hosting a game now.
Hotjoining is extremely fast. Time to join has reduced by 70-80%. Great job on that!

Now, adding players is a bit difficult. I sent a request to my friend and he had to click 20-30 times in order to add me. Accept friend request may be bugged so take a second look at it.

Even though we are now playing the game, he appears as offline. This is definitely a bug. We can chat, but it still says offline.

Also, it would be nice if you added this feature:
DPu2KNG.png

You could try port forwarding 17780 - 17790 on both TCP and UDP, let me know if that helped :)
So, everytime I try to join, it says game not found, but when I hosted a game an hour ago, people joined and played with me...

Status
Not open for further replies.