Be the First To Try our New Multiplayer Tech!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Escher

Senior Community Manager
19 Badges
Oct 7, 2013
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Magicka
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Magicka 2
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
Hi all!

As you may know, it’s been a busy few years for Paradox; with new games being released all of the time, on various different distribution platforms. So, just like Stellaris, it’s time to look to the future!

In order to give our fans the best Multiplayer experience possible, and to (hypothetically) facilitate people using different distribution platforms being able to play together, we have some new tech we’d love you to try out!

Starting today there will be a special Stellaris beta branch you can download which will allow you to be the first to try-out our new Multiplayer tech. The branch in question will show up as “bradbury_beta_mp”; it’s basically 1.6.1, but using our new multiplayer system (Once installed it should read as version "1.7" in-game). We’d really love for those of you who play Multiplayer to get involved in the test and be a part of shaping the final product!

In order to take part you’ll need to have a Paradox Account, you can actually connect it directly to Steam to save having to login again in the future! Just follow the instructions in-game.

Bugs can be brought to our attention at our bug reporting forum here.

Things we’d love for you to report on in particular are the following:

• Hardware/Firewall issues.

• Issues connecting to games.

• Issues with hosting games.

• Please also let us know should any issues with linking PDX/Steam accounts.
If you run into any issues, like problems connecting to a game, please start the game from the command line with "stellaris.exe -pdxmp_max_log". This will produce a pdpmp.log file in your game directory. Please send that file to Krille as a PM.

The hope is though that you shouldn’t notice any difference at all to how things are today!

How to Opt Into the Beta

NOTE
: Please log out from the splash/launcher for first time you play the Multiplayer beta (should you be logged in already). Should you have already linked your Paradox Account with your Steam account you will not get prompted to do so again.

Right-click Stellaris in your Steam library and click “Properties”. In the new window that opens go to the “Betas” tab, select bradbury_beta from the dropdown menu at the top. A small update will be performed and then you are good to go!

• You’ll need a Paradox Account. If you have yet to create one this could be made easier by connecting your Steam Account to your Paradox Account (just click here to create one).

• Next, you need to select a nickname, this will be part of your Paradox Account, so make it a good one!

• When playing Stellaris with the new multiplayer functionality you will be able to add friends and chat directly.

Link accounts screenshot:
RQ5T0R-8smn9ukFPPrLnQJSLP8sNz3fk0ZPwc34WSCzVZMk-AsITsSaTyIbhIo9FBo-WExDVtrdnB5Rt6ClR24WWrDZ4Kglqe0MhE28tthl7CZ74t6kMa45-zVyFNj3JMmLXvicz

Set username screenshot:

Dp2gbLwsxE5Fr2KhfWx5Nvvjo3JqZBpivnZQr4v_XflkQx-W_9XEYwa7G2ZirFvoYmkPHr5Vt483rs0tfRO6dEFklcTdQeRSQcids-fcu_TOPbFJdw1JQ4gnxKuY-itaX3rg-oFW

We are really excited to get the ball rolling with this, it’s a first step towards what we hope will be plenty of cool features to come!

Oh, and how could we forget! As a little “deal sweetener” those who assist in the beta will receive this little cutie as an in-game portrait before everybody else:

x-htrEglcEP_MldR9lMGMxo-spccbvHU6Jbetx683_guCfQIZ2K3WcJbAB_Fp98RhvH8vzOhbT6pmV7EdzlEwcNiAUkIC0xIjtJH4pSNxWFt2DXqrzLJoB7gM3TlJ0ZNAcm9AApp

Last edited:
I'll be very grateful if we were still able to change our username before a multiplayer game actually started. I've become fed up of the Forum name that I can't change, but that's fine because it's only on the forums. However, I never ever use it for playing MP games and I don't want to be forced to do so.

Last edited:
I'll be very grateful if we were still able to change our username before a multiplayer game actually started. I've become fed up of the Forum name that I can't change, but that's fine because it's only on the forums. However, I never ever use it for playing MP games and I don't want to be forced to do so.
Hi!

You should still be able to do that in the lobby. It will default to your username though. The feature of changing your in-game nickname per game has not been removed. Please let me know if you don't get it to work!

Hi!

You should still be able to do that in the lobby. It will default to your username though. The feature of changing your in-game nickname per game has not been removed. Please let me know if you don't get it to work!

Thanks for the speedy reply, and I'm glad we don't have to use our Paradox names in-game. Cheers!

When playing Stellaris with the new multiplayer functionality you will be able to add friends and chat directly.
Is this feature working already? A friend and I went into a quick game to try out any account/friend list/chat features but it didn't seem to be working. There's a paradox button with a 0 on it that I presume is the friends list/account stuff but the button doesn't do anything when pressed.

Sorry for a silly question, but what exactly changed in the latest multiplayer build? Can't check it out right now unfortunately, at work. For those who can, have fun!

Will this feature help finding the games that your friends host without the detour through steam and "join game" ? Much appreciated :)

Is this feature working already? A friend and I went into a quick game to try out any account/friend list/chat features but it didn't seem to be working. There's a paradox button with a 0 on it that I presume is the friends list/account stuff but the button doesn't do anything when pressed.
Hi!

Can you try to close Stellaris, log out from the splash screen / launcher and log in again with your Paradox Account? It should bring up a friends list when clicked. Please let me know if it doesn't work!

When you say "Those that assist in the game beta will get access to a portrait early" does this mean those who downloaded the beta or those who found bugs? What if i downloaded the beta and didn't encounter a single bug? Will I still get access to the portrait?

Status
Not open for further replies.