• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
looks like the axis minors will get some focus trees soon, looking at you Hungary and Romania. hopefully they do all the Balkan majors, like Greece, Bulgaria and Yugoslavia. Maybe even Turkey? Either way, can't wait!

Not exactly. The issue is that you have only 12% of the VP outside of the main 4 islands.
So you need to get all of those (which was kind of the case with US + USSR) and drop NU below 12%... which usually means a lot more bombs than IRL.

Air system will be getting updates for example

This is very exciting news! I've been going back and playing some HOI3 lately and the air system is one of the biggest things that keeps pulling me away from HOI4.

In HOI3, the tangibility of "can I hit that specific target from this airbase?" adds a huge strategic importance to location. I actually consider whether to drive straight for an objective, or whether to detour and secure an important enemy airstrip along the way. The impact of air combat also feel much more significant, as I can concentrate attacks on a difficult enemy stronghold to wear them down. And the mission selection interface lets me choose whether to be broad or specific. And every type of plane can perform almost any type of mission. Really, the only problem is the dated UI/UX.

In HOI4, the whole air zones system just feels cumbersome. I get that it was probably intended to reduce some of the micromanagement of HOI3, but it actually introduces its own form of micromanagement. If my fighters can reach three different air zones from a main air base, I still have to switch them around manually; even if I have theoretical air superiority across all three, all the enemy has to do is keep switching their bombers between those three air zones and it makes me keep having to chase them around. The whole aces thing also just adds another level of tedium as they pop into existence and die repeatedly without adding any significant impact on the outcome of large battles.

I think a switch from focusing on the destination air zone to focusing on the origin airbase would be the single biggest improvement for the air combat system. Then, bring back the mission selection screen from HOI3 to give us more choice on how air wings should execute their missions! (And maybe reform aces system, too. (And can we get a pony?))

Just wanted to state from earlier that this patch has seriously ticked me off. This "mod friendly" patch has had to make me rebuild the mod from scratch. Sometimes I wonder why I buy paradox games. They are great to play for the month that the mod works, then I have to rebuild it all over again for every single game. My post from earlier still stands, stop shipping games out that aren't finished.

My post from earlier still stands, stop shipping games out that aren't finished.
Then I just don't think Paradox games are for you. It would be best is you stopped playing HOI IV until HOI V is released. That is when work on HOI IV will end. They do have a completed Hearts of Iron game called HoI 3.

Paradox's business model is to release a game and keep developing it over the life cycle of that game.

Then I just don't think Paradox games are for you. It would be best is you stopped playing HOI IV until HOI V is released. That is when work on HOI IV will end. They do have a completed Hearts of Iron game called HoI 3.

Paradox's business model is to release a game and keep developing it over the life cycle of that game.

There is a big difference between improving a game over time and having to wait 3-4 patches in before basic stuff works.

There is a big difference between improving a game over time and having to wait 3-4 patches in before basic stuff works.
I fully agree about the game should be in a good state for release! I don't think HOI IV was. My understanding that is not the issue @ZT Strike was having. His issue is that he needs to up date his mod, for a game he may not even own as it doesn't show up on his icons of owned games, when new updates are released. The HOI IV Dev team will be adding new features, like impassible borders in the next patch, & changing old ones as the game develops. These will require major updates to mods. I know this as a HOI IV modder. Either embrace Paradox modding & it's requirements or get out of the game.

Some forum members often question why are the Devs adding things modders can or have already added. Well unless modders are willing to make a multi-year commitment to continually updating their mods they will soon become out dated.

Because there are no mechanics to support such a strike. You could send the same force Japan sent to Hawaii against the same targets, and you won't get the same results.

Since everyone complained loudly back when the port-strikes were overpowered and the AI was sinking their precious German navy in port at the outbreak of war yes :p

when will this be releaased

Patch 1.3.3 was released ages ago (I'm pretty sure late Feb or very early March), Steam should have downloaded it for you automagically :).

Steam should have downloaded it for you automagically :).
I'm going to have to co-opt that saying since I am a silly father, and husband and like saying crazy stuff at home.

Automagically . . yes.