• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zalder

Addicted to screenies
59 Badges
Nov 3, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Whenever I select a scenario (any scenario, with a mod or without), the game crashes. Does anybody know how to fix this?

I'm on Windows 10, the games isn't installed in Program Files and is run in 16 bit compatibility mode as an admin. I also have created a Save Games folder in Mods\AGCEEP\Scenarios.

Whenever I select a scenario (any scenario, with a mod or without), the game crashes. Does anybody know how to fix this?

I'm on Windows 10, the games isn't installed in Program Files and is run in 16 bit compatibility mode as an admin. I also have created a Save Games folder in Mods\AGCEEP\Scenarios.

You checked the Tech FAQ already?
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/tech-support-faq.444126/

Does the info for Windows 8 help?
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/for-the-glory-on-windows-8.734364/

Are you running the game under Steam or Ftg only?
From what source did you install? Steam? DVD?
Depending on source you might have an obsolete version and need to get the latest official 1.2 patch
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1-2-is-now-out.489887/

When you created the missing savegame folder for the AGCEEP mod - did you check that the normal game has an existing savegame folder too?
e.g.
\Paradox\For the Glory\Scenarios\Save Games

so i keep getting the crash...has it been solved?? I tried all the solutions in other threads but nothing helps :(
...I just bought the game at steam.

Any game would be lucky if it had only one, THE crash. However most games and systems experience a multitude of different problems so your post that you keep getting the crash (without specifying what exactly happens), without giving details on your system (e.g. operating system, install directory) and without telling us what you already tried (e.g. did you check that the game has a savegame folder and if not did you manually create one) and did not help, isn’t very helpful.

Start with the Techsupport FAQ
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/tech-support-faq.444126/

ok I'll bite

I don't get why you are so bitchy. I mentioned the crash in the title of the thread. What isn't helpful is being snarky and sitting in a high castle.

The game crashes every time I try to select a scenario or a save file. both with the mod or without. I've read through this forum and it seems the error is not that uncommon.
I've tried all teh fixes posted either on the FAQ or other threads...even the one on steam forum about regedit.
Nothing works.

I use win7. I tried both 1.2 and the latest 1.3 beta. I installed it both on steam and from gamersgate. everytime the same crash. the moment I try to select a scenario.
tried in windowed, tried administrator...even tried in 256 colors.

so anyone who can help me? or tell me where I can get my 10 euro back?

The game crashes every time I try to select a scenario or a save file....

So the game starts fine, you see the introduction, you can select the original game or a mod, you can click "single player" and all of that works fine, until you select a scenario (e.g. Grand Campaign)? Do the tutorials work?

both with the mod or without.

THE mod. There are several mods. I guess that you mean AGCEEP that usually comes with the game?
AGCEEP is not automatically updated if you update FtG. You have to download the patch (depending if you use FtG 1.2 or FtG 1.3) for that mod here:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/version-1-59b4-is-up.509577/

I use win7. I tried both 1.2 and the latest 1.3 beta. I installed it both on steam and from gamersgate. everytime the same crash. the moment I try to select a scenario.
tried in windowed, tried administrator...even tried in 256 colors.

In which directory did you install FtG?
Did you check that a savegame folder has been created, both for the original game and for the mod you are using, e.g.
G:\Paradox\For the Glory\Scenarios\Save Games
G:\Paradox\For the Glory\Mods\AGCEEP\Scenarios\Save Games

You mention that you installed it both on steam and from gamersgate - did you UNinstall one of them completely again or are both still on your system and might interfere with each others registry entries?

so anyone who can help me? or tell me where I can get my 10 euro back?

If you give up so easily FtG might be too hard for you to try. ;)

Last edited:
thats for the anwsers i'll take a look sunday :)

Could you finally solve this issue? I'm having exactly the same problem. I've also tried to run EU2 vanilla and crashes at the same point, when I click on a scenario or select a saved game.

I tried running the game as admin, installing the 1.3 patch, compatibility... but it won't work.

So the game starts fine, you see the introduction, you can select the original game or a mod, you can click "single player" and all of that works fine, until you select a scenario (e.g. Grand Campaign)? Do the tutorials work?

Tutorials work fine.

Thanks

Hi, still not solved?
Is there any possible way someone could help me to get it working again?

I played the regular FTG, and everything was working(just some occasional crashes, nothing serious), but then I tried to switch to the AGCEEP mod. After I did and the game loaded, I tried to choose the scenario, and here we are, crashed.. but then when I switched back to the basic FTG, the game still crashes.

I got the game on steam recently, running win7/64.

I checked the Save Games folders, they weren't there, so I created them, but didn't help.
Tried to reinstall the game. Tried to add the registry value(found here https://steamcommunity.com/app/42810/discussions/0/343785574521008648/, 4th comment). I know the registry is for win10, but I'm really desperate, hah.
Tried to install latest version from the site posted here(both versions that are on the site).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, still not solved?
Is there any possible way someone could help me to get it working again?

I played the regular FTG, and everything was working(just some occasional crashes, nothing serious), but then I tried to switch to the AGCEEP mod. After I did and the game loaded, I tried to choose the scenario, and here we are, crashed.. but then when I switched back to the basic FTG, the game still crashes.

I got the game on steam recently, running win7/64.

I checked the Save Games folders, they weren't there, so I created them, but didn't help.
Tried to reinstall the game. Tried to add the registry value(found here https://steamcommunity.com/app/42810/discussions/0/343785574521008648/, 4th comment). I know the registry is for win10, but I'm really desperate, hah.
Tried to install latest version from the site posted here(both versions that are on the site).

Thanks!

AGCEEP as a mod is not automatically updated with the patch for FtG. There is a link to the last patch for AGCEEP in post 4 in this thread.

When AGCEEP is installed correctly it does not change anything in the normal game as it’s files are only copied to a subfolder of the mod folder of the game. So it can’t make the normal game break.

And before trying difficult solutions like modifying the registry (that you NEVER do without making a backup of the registry in case you mess up and have to revert your changes!) try the common problems and solutions in the Techsupport FAQ linked in post 2 in this thread.

Thanks for a quick reply.
I tried the patch for AGCEEP, same as I tried the common problems. The regular FTG game started crashing when I switched to the AGCEEP, I don't know how, but it somehow must have messed the game up.. Because until I tried it, the regular FTG was working.
The Techsupport FAQ doesn't describe the similar problem that I have, the only one that is similar is the first one, but I can't install the game outside of program files because steam won't let me.

Thanks for a quick reply.
I tried the patch for AGCEEP, same as I tried the common problems. The regular FTG game started crashing when I switched to the AGCEEP, I don't know how, but it somehow must have messed the game up.. Because until I tried it, the regular FTG was working.
The Techsupport FAQ doesn't describe the similar problem that I have, the only one that is similar is the first one, but I can't install the game outside of program files because steam won't let me.

Steam actually has an option to download and install games outside C:\Program...
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7710-tdlc-0426

I managed to install it on different disk, but the result is the same.. still crashes the moment I select scenario :/

You mentioned that the normal game did run fine until you tried AGCEEP the last time. Is that the same now? Or does the game crash already when trying the normal game without once starting AGCEEP?

When first starting the game what version number for the game was displayed? 1.2?

Yes, exactly. Now I don't need to switch to any mod, the game crashes on it's own without trying mods

Not sure about the version, but I got the game like week or two ago, and no update from steam since, so I guess that the version was 1.2

Yes, exactly. Now I don't need to switch to any mod, the game crashes on it's own without trying mods

Not sure about the version, but I got the game like week or two ago, and no update from steam since, so I guess that the version was 1.2

When you start the game and get to the menu the version number and checksum should be in the upper left of the screen, e.g. FtG 1.3 SXRA