• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((For my character background, only a steel factory makes sense. And I'm fine with it being in Granada, so I'll keep that choice. A factory in Barcelona will have to wait a bit. ;)

Also, one more reason to choose laissez-faire. We in the Fénix and Marina parties are waiting for you, capitalist friends! The Reconquista is a vile noblemen's party! :p))

Reformist Party

The Reformist Party has more or less existed as part of the Faccion Imperial since the latter's foundation, but the Empress Dowager Sophia de Trastamara managed to keep the more extreme members in check while she was alive.

But when she died, the group began to become bolder. In 1831, those who felt that the liberal mob had gone too far decided to act. If the Imperials would not work to revoke the insane acts of the Campos and Phoenix, they would do so as their own group. Calling themselves the natural reaction to treason and madness, the group seeks to return Hispania to the immediate aftermath of the passage of the Great Reform of 1773 by blocking all attempts of further liberalization and revoking those already in place. Due to this, many know the group as the Reformist Party and it's members as the Reformers.

Giovanni Giordano
August 6 1800
Capitalist
CJC-Catholic
Assembly
Reformist Party

The grandson of the recently deceased Adalberto, Giovanni has been prepared to take up his legacy for a while. Still a Banker, he has begun to invest in industry, with a cement factory in Genoa using Bavarian coal. He hopes to expand soon into other industries, perhaps steel and machine parts, but lacks the tools to currently do so.

As a politician Giovanni is as extreme as they come, and already drafts laws to destroy the liberal policies that made the period from 1780 to 1820 such a disaster for the Empire.

(( If that's the case, then I'd like to claim the fabric factory in Estremadura and if possible move it to Puglia, as that makes more sense for my character. Shame that both of these provinces aren't particularly good for fabric production, but it'll have to do for starters. :p

@alscon if the current trend keeps up we might have a bit of a hard time keeping our parties afloat, looking at the popularity of The Reconquista. Maybe we should start thinking of ways to survive in this cruel world of politics. ;) At least in the beginning of things. ))

((@alscon if the current trend keeps up we might have a bit of a hard time keeping our parties afloat, looking at the popularity of The Reconquista. Maybe we should start thinking of ways to survive in this cruel world of politics. ;) At least in the beginning of things. ))
((Nah, we've both run a (mostly) one-man party for decades :p. Has many benefits. If anything, the other parties need to fear our consistency! The Phoenix has been the natural enemy of most, and will continue! Hispania will rise from its political ashes! :D))

184px-Arms_of_the_European_Gendarmerie_Force.svg.png

Partido Anti-Revolucionario

[Interventionism - Protectionism - Moralism - Pro-Military - Limited Citizenship]

Political Position: Centre-Right to Right-Wing
Ideology: Conservatism, Agrarianism, Unitarism, Pragmatism
Party Leader: Drs. Pedro Falcone MA
Party Newspaper: La Gaceta [The Gazette]
Motto: Orden, Unidad, Religión [Order, Unity, Religion]
Founded: May 3rd, 1834
Colours: Blue, White, Purple
The Partido Anti-Revolucionario [En. Anti-Revolutionary Party; PAR] was founded by a group of independent Conservative Parliamentarians, led by Assemblymember Pedro Falcone, who had previously caucused in a loosly united conservative parliamentary group. This voting bloc has primarily been formed from conservative small landowners and members of the middle class disgruntled by the percieved liberal leanings of much of the current ruling class in the hopes of perserving the unity of Hispania as a Christian and Conservative Empire, while serving the interests of its backbone, the conservative petite bourgeoisie.

The Partido Anti-Revolucionario believes that through serving the interests of the middle class and the land owners, the Hispanic economy can continue to strengthen in terms of both wages and production, as the recent industralization of various parts of the country side cannot be sustained unless Hispanic agrarians are able to fill the demands of the growing population. To this end, the Partido Anti-Revolucionario believes in the protection of the Hispanic industries and agrarians through just, decisive and needed measures against unfair and unhealthy competition by foreign interests, while also protecting the interests of Hispanic producers and citizens by securing and maintaining access to markets and goods from across the world.

To protect these economic and national interests, the Partido Anti-Revolucionario understands the need for a strong Hispanic Armed Forces, able to fulfill its duties across the Great Empire, and the Governmental support for such endevours. To this end, the Partido Anti-Revolucionario shall support measures that are in the interest of the Hispanic Armed Forces and shall maintain good ties with our servicemen across the Globe, as their patriottic duty to Emperor and Country should recieve nothing less than total support by their Government.

Lastly, the Partido Anti-Revolucionario believes in the need for a moral, united Empire and Populace behind the figure of a Monarch, which shall service the interests of all in the name of the Lord. Only through encouragement and protection of the Christian Churches in our Empire and the reinforcement of the Hispanic identity across the Empire can the Empire surive the test of time. It is with this reasoning that the Partido Anti-Revolutionario has supported and shall support motions in Parliament to protect Order, Unity, Religion.

Members:
Drs. Pedro Falcone MA
Antonio de la Cuesta e Silva

Electoral Results:
Year - Assembly - Cortz
1836 - 15 / 500 - 1 / 100

Last edited:
((time to get busy then on Vicky 2))
tumblr_mh9dadueIE1qbhp9xo1_1280.png

a Portrait of the Marquess in his younger years (18-24), just after finishing his education, no more modern paintings exist of him))

Name: Doctor Marcgravi ((Title of birth, but he shunts this, so if you address him, he would rather you didn't call him by his title of birth)) Antonio Philippe Guy Michael Garíca Juan Luis Mariá de Ambrése, Marquess of Castellabate, Count of Copertino, BA, DPhil. ((Hispanian Claimant to the Titles and privileges of the House of De Soneta di Belmonte as a Second son to the Hispanian Prince de Belmonte and Duc d'Ipar Mendedakekeo claimant, the main line having died out and the Italian Half taking over, being involved in Hispanian politics, although distant. His offshoot is weak, but is still close enough, (3rd/4th cousins to the former Princes) ))

Date of Birth: 17th October 1799

Class: 'Noblity' Shunts this connection as said above

Religion: Christian

House: By right of birth he could sit in the Upper House, but doesn't out of a lack of interest.

Faction: For much the same reason as not taking up position in the Upper House, Antonio hasn't taken up any political alliance towards a particular faction as yet.

Biography

Born at the end of the last century, Antonio has bared witness to great change. Brought up in privilege, after his education abroad, he quickly became disillusioned by such trappings of the upper classes, but he has kept his noble bearing and titulature, if only out of respect for his heritage. But aside from these facets of his old life, it is hard to distinguish him from a common, travelling, educator, lest one closely observe him.

With bushy brown hair that is near always unkempt, to a piercing set of pale green eyes hidden behind finely wrought gold frame glasses, he makes a striking character. If he isn't travelling upon his trusted brown horse across the Empires of Europe, a necessary expense given an injury to his left leg that never quite healed right, giving a permanent limp and the need for a cane whilst walking, he is studying, exploring many of the works of both modern and ancient philosophers. He only hopes he can find some place to apply this knowledge that he has learnt.

Last edited:
Name: Bernardo de Alicante
Date of birth: 18th April 1802
Class: Aristocrat
Religion: Catholic
House: Cortz
Party: Partido Reconquista
Military stats: Cavalry School/Bold

Biography:

Bernardo de Alicante is Count of Seville since his father died, a few years ago. His dynasty has always been one of minor importance to the emperor and the other noblemen, never taking part in the politics of the realm. Bernardo is clear in that he wishes to change that.

The liberal ideas taking form in Hispania have reached Bernardo, thereof his support to the Reconquista. He is part of the younger working generation and is positive to reforms, of which the voter's safety is most important to him.

Bernardo's rise through the ranks of the military has come out of two factors; his upper-class descent and being a gifted cavalry commander. He graduated from the Military Academy with moderate results, but has proven his skill as an initiative-rich cavalry officer. Just recently Bernardo was promoted to Lieutenant General and he is now one of the ten highest ranked officers of Hispania.

Titles:

Count of Seville - 1833-?

Party/Group Memberships:

Member of Partido Reconquista - 1836-? (Coalicion Fraternidad 1839-?)
(Seated on the Cortz 1836-?)

Military Ranks:

Lieutenant General - 1836-48
Field Marshal - 1848-?

Ministerships:

Minister of the Interior - 1844-48
Minister of War - 1848-52
Prime Minister - 1852-56

((So, I hope this character follows the rules. Beware everyone, this is the first iAAR I really participate in!:)))

Last edited:
((@ML8991 , it seems your characters still have gender issues... :D

The correct male title would be Marquis. EDIT: In the closest form to the original French, at least...))

Last edited:
Name: Bernardo de Alicante
Date of birth: 18th April 1802
Class: Aristocrat
Religion: Catholic
House: Cortz
Party: Partido Reconquista
Military stats: Cavalry School/Bold

Biography:

Bernardo de Alicante is Count of Alicante since his father died, a few years ago. His dynasty has always been one of minor importance to the emperor and the other noblemen, never taking part in the politics of the realm, despite their descent from a rich and prosperous county. Bernardo is clear in that he wishes to change that.

The liberal ideas taking form in Hispania have reached Bernardo, thereof his support to the Reconquista. He is part of the younger working generation and is positive to reforms, of which the voter's safety is most important to him.

Bernardo's rise through the ranks of the military has come out of two factors; his upper-class descent and being a gifted cavalry commander. He graduated from the Military Academy with moderate results, but has proven his skill as an initiative-rich cavalry officer. Just recently Bernardo was promoted to Lieutenant General and he is now one of the ten highest ranked officers of Hispania.

((So, I hope this character follows the rules. Beware everyone, this is the first iAAR I really participate in!:)))
((I think Alicante is owned by the Emperor himself.))

((@alscon i initially, when doing it, put in Marquis, but it the proper spelling, in english at least, is Marquess, and Marchioness for the wives :p, surprising but true ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquess , Marquis is just the common french spelling that has merged into english))

((You learn something every day. Remains weird. But well, that's what you insular folk do with our good words. :D
I can easily explain why the Scots prefer the French spelling :p(according to wikipedia, at least).))

((So now we have three people in Partido Reconquista, of which two are politicians and one is a general. Interesting....))
((Technically we have 6 (not counting my NPC), one of which is both a general and politician. Quite interesting composition too.))

((For my character background, only a steel factory makes sense. And I'm fine with it being in Granada, so I'll keep that choice. A factory in Barcelona will have to wait a bit. ;)

Also, one more reason to choose laissez-faire. We in the Fénix and Marina parties are waiting for you, capitalist friends! The Reconquista is a vile noblemen's party! :p))

(( If that's the case, then I'd like to claim the fabric factory in Estremadura and if possible move it to Puglia, as that makes more sense for my character. Shame that both of these provinces aren't particularly good for fabric production, but it'll have to do for starters. :p

@alscon if the current trend keeps up we might have a bit of a hard time keeping our parties afloat, looking at the popularity of The Reconquista. Maybe we should start thinking of ways to survive in this cruel world of politics. ;) At least in the beginning of things. ))

((It should hopefully make the laissez-faire parties more preferable for capitalists. You two need to start working over all those capitalists. :D

I'll move the factory for you then. I admit, when I placed that one, I only put it there because Lisboa would be considered a major city. We didn't really have any good spots for fabric factories.))

((I'd like to go for a machine parts factory in León-Castilla, please.

Also, I've changed my character's party affiliation to Parta Marina.))

((I'll add it in, and the change in party affiliation is noted.))

((I'd like to claim the cement factory in Leon-Castile.))

((It's yours.))

184px-Arms_of_the_European_Gendarmerie_Force.svg.png

Partido Anti-Revolucionario

[Interventionism - Protectionism - Moralism - Pro-Military - Limited Citizenship]

Political Position: Centre-Right to Right-Wing
Ideology: Conservatism, Agrarianism, Unitarism, Pragmatism
Party Leader: Drs. Pedro Falcone MA
Party Newspaper: La Gaceta [The Gazette]
Motto: Orden, Unidad, Religión [Order, Unity, Religion]
Founded: May 3rd, 1834
Colours: Blue, White, Purple
The Partido Anti-Revolucionario [En. Anti-Revolutionary Party; PAR] was founded by a group of independent Conservative Parliamentarians, led by Assemblymember Pedro Falcone, who had previously caucused in a loosly united conservative parliamentary group. This voting bloc has primarily been formed from conservative small landowners and members of the middle class disgruntled by the percieved liberal leanings of much of the current ruling class in the hopes of perserving the unity of Hispania as a Christian and Conservative Empire, while serving the interests of its backbone, the conservative petite bourgeoisie.

The Partido Anti-Revolucionario believes that through serving the interests of the middle class and the land owners, the Hispanic economy can continue to strengthen in terms of both wages and production, as the recent industralization of various parts of the country side cannot be sustained unless Hispanic agrarians are able to fill the demands of the growing population. To this end, the Partido Anti-Revolucionario believes in the protection of the Hispanic industries and agrarians through just, decisive and needed measures against unfair and unhealthy competition by foreign interests, while also protecting the interests of Hispanic producers and citizens by securing and maintaining access to markets and goods from across the world.

To protect these economic and national interests, the Partido Anti-Revolucionario understands the need for a strong Hispanic Armed Forces, able to fulfill its duties across the Great Empire, and the Governmental support for such endevours. To this end, the Partido Anti-Revolucionario shall support measures that are in the interest of the Hispanic Armed Forces and shall maintain good ties with our servicemen across the Globe, as their patriottic duty to Emperor and Country should recieve nothing less than total support by their Government.

Lastly, the Partido Anti-Revolucionario believes in the need for a moral, united Empire and Populace behind the figure of a Monarch, which shall service the interests of all in the name of the Lord. Only through encouragement and protection of the Christian Churches in our Empire and the reinforcement of the Hispanic identity across the Empire can the Empire surive the test of time. It is with this reasoning that the Partido Anti-Revolutionario has supported and shall support motions in Parliament to protect Order, Unity, Religion.

Members:
Drs. Pedro Falcone MA

((I've added your party to the Table of Contents and will get to officially adding it into the game.))

((Yes, you're right. I must have glanced over it before. It's changed now.))

((Yeah, it's not very obvious with the titles. I sort of added the Emperor's ones as an afterthought after realizing this might happen. It's not problem, seeing as you've already corrected it.

As for starting out as a general, I'm afraid that isn't an option. Players may give themselves any rank in the army below that of Lieutenant General, but to reach that point requires the promotion to be granted by the Minister of War. However, seeing as it's my character serving as Minister of War and I've already let several players from the first half of the iAAR slide a few non-active characters into general positions already, I'll permit it this once. In the future though, everyone wanting a general position will have to settle for a lower rank and petition the Minister of War for a promotion.))

((Technically we have 6 (not counting my NPC), one of which is both a general and politician. Quite interesting composition too.))

((At this rate, I'll be giving the Reconquista a lot more seats than originally intended. :eek:))

((As for starting out as a general, I'm afraid that isn't an option. Players may give themselves any rank in the army below that of Lieutenant General, but to reach that point requires the promotion to be granted by the Minister of War. However, seeing as it's my character serving as Minister of War and I've already let several players from the first half of the iAAR slide a few non-active characters into general positions already, I'll permit it this once. In the future though, everyone wanting a general position will have to settle for a lower rank and petition the Minister of War for a promotion.))

((Okay, I understand that I should have requested my leader position instead of assumed it. Thank you for making this exception.:)))

9f3d264b74874d8a1e25bf7a8a45f865.jpg

Name: Antonio de la Cuesta e Silva
Date of Birth: 07/12/1803 [DD/MM/YYYY]
Class: Nobility
Position: Count of Valladolid
Relligion: Catholic
House: Upper House
Party: Partido Anti-Revolucionario
Military Especiallity: Infantry
Bio: Antonio is considered one of the few in the young generation that Vomits when hear about Progressivism and liberalism.
During his Infancy he liked to play war games with other childs where he lead them to battle with wooden swords.
During his teenager times he dedicated himself to study in the Military College of Barcelona where he graduated as the first of his class.
He is a devout Religious and is a supporter of the old ways, his innovative strategies show a great future ahead.
He also likes to Be in Politics and he defend the Anti-Revolutionario Party wherever he goes.

[Is my First IAAR :) ]

Last edited: