• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Divine When using "count_any_ships" I get errors in the log complaining about trigger scope:

Code:
invalid scope for trigger. got [country], expected {ship, fleet}.

I tried with a vanilla crisis event and got the same message. Is this just an error log issue?

Looks like its dead here...:(

Sorry about the absense on this forums and this thread. I've mentioned it a couple of times on the forums but due to staffing issues I was pulled to help out various projects with in-house work for the latest months so I've not been able to keep up. Hopefully some other member of the Stellaris team has been able to help you out with various issues. We do have a plan though to pick up on where we left and try to give you a better support for the Stellaris script from a modding perspective. Unfortunately that's all I can say for now because the time-plan is not yet set in stone.

Sorry about the absense on this forums and this thread. I've mentioned it a couple of times on the forums but due to staffing issues I was pulled to help out various projects with in-house work for the latest months so I've not been able to keep up. Hopefully some other member of the Stellaris team has been able to help you out with various issues. We do have a plan though to pick up on where we left and try to give you a better support for the Stellaris script from a modding perspective. Unfortunately that's all I can say for now because the time-plan is not yet set in stone.

No worries, yeah it seems its a staffing issue not anyone's fault. My biggest hope is that we getting some more functionality with buttons, I think a lot of stuff can be expanded on with some more controls over those.

Thanks for your reply thought, I'm still looking forward to the new patch and whatever improvements and stuff might come with it.

Hey, I encountered a problem:

When I slow the warp drive down to a longer travel time than three months between star systems, the ship never arrives. It travels through ftl space, but is stuck directly in front of the destination system. It would be great to see that fixed, as my intention was to build a "slower than light" drive for the early game, where travel between two star systems takes around five years.

Hey, I encountered a problem:

When I slow the warp drive down to a longer travel time than three months between star systems, the ship never arrives. It travels through ftl space, but is stuck directly in front of the destination system. It would be great to see that fixed, as my intention was to build a "slower than light" drive for the early game, where travel between two star systems takes around five years.

Yea, that's a bug. not entirely sure why but the ship needs to be travelling at a certain speed to be able to enter a system. For now, the solution seems to be to use a less extreme modifier and increase warmup/cooldown times. Not ideal but hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Thanks for the answer, let's hope it'll be fixed.
For now I think I'll go with dividing the total travel time into a 1/3 windup, 1/3 ftl time, 1/3 Winddown. Not ideal as the ships can be attacked during windup and winddown.

Other question: Is it intended that Auras don't work on spaceports?

I tried all ways I as a beginner could think of, giving an aura to the ship-size directly, giving an Aura effect to a spaceport component, giving it to the starting modules, but nothing shows any effect.

@Divine
Is there a way to modify Armageddon bombardment stance? there is nothing in orbital_bombardment event.
Also, is there a command now to set planet fortification to a certain percent/amount?

@Divine Could we get an update on scoping for effectButtonType? I don't mean to sound impatient, but the last update was nearly 10 months and 3 major patches ago. It sounded like it was going to be your solution to a number of requested features and something that would be a huge boon for expanding modding possibilities, so I'd hate to see it slip through the cracks.

@Divine I tried to mod some war and armies behavior in defines, and some values appear to be still un-override'able even though 1.5.1 is out. The ones i've found so far:
  • PEACE_OFFER_DECLINE_THRESHOLD
  • PEACE_OFFER_DECLINE_COST
  • PLANET_UNREST_ARMY
I'm running 1.5.1 game version on linux, if this can be of any help.

@Divine
Is there a way to modify Armageddon bombardment stance? there is nothing in orbital_bombardment event.
Take a look at Risa's bugfix mod for 1.5 that adds effects for Armageddon stance. e.g. pop-killing chance is 4%/6%/10% per month for limited/full/armageddon.