• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1821-1836 - The Rest of the World

The world saw much change in the 15 years between 1821 and 1836. As Hispania faced turbulent times, other nations faced their own hardships, some coming out of it better than before while others fell to pieces. When it came to Europe, though, it was the French Succession War that determined the makeup of the continent going into the future. Just as with the Hispanian Civil War before it, the French Succession War saw major alliances broken and the balance of power shift. While the former had broken up the Quadruple Alliance with Austria's betrayal, the latter shattered the Valois bloc that had existed since the Quadruple Alliance's dissolution. But unlike the Hispanian Civil War, the French Succession War saw land change hands all across Europe, instantly creating new friends and enemies, as well as the establishment of a new nation or two. The young Emperor of France could no longer trust his family in Scandinavia and Germany, and reconciliation seemed unlikely. The decision to punish the losers, and in turn reward those that had backed the true Emperor of France, left its mark on the continent.

Scandinavia found itself eaten away at by its neighbours as France trimmed the fat from the edges to feed its hungry allies, a fitting punishment for a long-time ally that tried to turn against its greatest friend. France, in its generosity, permitted Hispania to claim Scandinavia's colonies in Africa and the Philippines. For Lithuania, an unexpected entry into the war and perhaps the deciding factor in the eastern theatre, they were returned parts of the Baltics that one belonged to them. Not all their land was returned, for regardless of the punishment Scandinavia deserved, the French Emperor was not foolish enough to strengthen a potential rival too much. Poland also received a piece of the pie as a reward for their assistance, finally receiving a coastline on the Baltic that Scandinavia had taken years ago with German assistance. In the end though, the core Scandinavian territory was left untouched, for they could not be left too weak for greedy nations to take advantage of. Hungary, Scandinavia's sole ally, was handed over to Byzantium, who had led the entire war effort against them. Showing some mercy, or perhaps some shrewdness, they permitted Hungary to maintain its independence and territory, but now as an ally of Byzantium, a valuable buffer state and one to compete with Hispania's former puppet states in the region.

Germany, however, was another matter. The French had personally felt their steel as the Germans pushed for Paris. The French capital had avoided disaster in the end, in some part due to Hispania's assistance, but the French could not forget the threat the Germans had become. Likewise, Bavaria had been greatly harmed during the conflict, a key reason for their decision to seek independence from Hispania to strengthen their own. The French could not allow the Germans off easy, even if they did their ally Scotland, who had only lost a few province near London and the rest of Ireland. Poland received its land back, payback for the many times Germany had plundered their treasury. Bavaria, who perhaps had been damaged the most by Germany, received sizable chunks of land around Silesia and Saxony. As for France itself, it was not interested in claiming too much more land and risking a German threat in their own borders. They took a few provinces near Mainz, but decided to weaken Germany through other methods. A Dutch puppet state was established in the Netherlands, one loyal to France but ultimately autonomous in its own domestic affairs. The creation of this new state weakened Germany's power in the region and placed a potentially hostile nation right near its capital. The Dutch, however, were not enemies of Germany, and indeed still viewed them in a favourable light for now. Either way, German power had been broken.

With these two belligerent powers humbled, the alliances of Europe also shifted. With the Valois bloc destroyed, nations started to look elsewhere. France leaned on Hispania, although there was talk in France that it was time the French went their own way as the two became the biggest rivals for world dominance. Poland and Lithuania, who had grown distant over the past century, found their relations rekindled as they fought side by side once again, and the alliance once between them was revived. Bavaria and Transdacia, two nations later freed from Hispanian rule, naturally drifted towards each other, forging an alliance to ward off the potential threats they shared. Germany, who had been left a shell of its former self, could only rely on the one nation that had sided with it, its bond with Scotland gaining new strength as the two struggled to make their place in the world.

As for Scandinavia, for a time they remained alone, isolated from the rest of Europe. However, the growing threat of Lithuania brought back an old friend. While Byzantium had been forced to face them during the French Succession War, the two had not fought a single battle against each other. Before that war, Scandinavia had been the only ally beside Hispania that Byzantium could depend on. Germany had abandoned them, after all. More importantly, both had an interest in containing Lithuania. An alliance could ensure Lithuania kept its focus eastwards.

Tyrone did not see a shift in relations, but a change at home. The entire island of Ireland now fell under their control, thanks to France. In celebration of their accomplishment, they announced the establishment of a new nation, one representing all the Irish people. But while they celebrated, Scotland sought a way to bounce back. With France protecting the new Ireland, they needed to look elsewhere. Norway remained isolated, and more importantly held onto the Shetlands. In a short war against a nation that had not been to war in who knows how long, Scotland took the Shetlands for their own and isolated Norway to Iceland.

Further to the east, both Lithuania and Byzantium sought new lands to conquer. The nations of Central Asia were disorganized and technologically backwards, making them an easy target. In a short war, Lithuania managed to capture most of Bukhara, reducing a nation that had once had four separate enclaves into just one. Persia, though, was a special target. It was the Greeks who struck first, securing the Caucuses and reaching the Caspian at last. Lithuania just swept in to pick up the pieces, taking what land they could and ending Persia's control of the Caspian.

As the Europeans dealt with their own matters, the great battle for China continued mostly unnoticed. Both Ming and Qing claimed the Mandate of Heaven, relying on their tributaries to assist them. Yet even as they fought for the ultimate mastery of China, both Dai Viet and Delhi nibbled away at them. During one such war between Qing and Ming, both Delhi and Dai Viet attempted to take land from Ming. While Qing succeeded in conquering Ming's enclaves in the east, only due to Ming fighting multiple enemies, Delhi and Dai Viet found themselves fended off and lost small bits of land. Ming might have been surrounded by potential enemies, but they had the manpower of China behind them and had successfully adopted western technology. Yet Qing also demanded respect. They had refused so far to accept the strength of the West, yet that had not stopped them from conquering Korea from the strongest nation in Europe. Both would not stop until only one remained as the only true China, but they would have to be careful as they had stirred the Hispanian beast who now waited patiently in their enclaves bordering the region.

The borders of Southeast Asia remained mostly unchanged over the years as they recovered from the volcanic eruption in 1821. Hispania had gained colonies in the Philippines, as well as exchanged their land in Australia for land in La Plata. Indonesia had calmed for now, a stronghold of Hispania within Asia, second only to India.

Perhaps Hispania's strongest presence though remained in Africa. In that continent, their presence had only expanded. The addition of the small Scandinavian colonies had secured even more of the coastline. That was not to mention the greater rights those in North Africa were given as they were granted the right to vote. It stood in opposition to the great tragedy of slavery, something that continued despite Hispania's dominance of Africa. While Hispania had outlawed slavery, the trade continued on, either through the tiny French colonies or Kongo.

The New World had remained relatively unscathed by war over the years, experiencing mostly peaceful expansion. The UKA, who had dropped the United in their name for simplicity, had filled the lands up to the border of French Louisiana as colonists spread westwards, eventually settling in the cold northern prairies as the only possible path left. The French, likewise, pressed further north until they met the Scandinavians. A minor border clash had occurred at one point, leaving French Columbia cut off from the sea, although neither Hispania nor Scandinavia admitted to being the culprit. Hispania's colonies had grown slowly here as competition grew. And far to the northeast, Norway made its first bit of expansion in centuries, laying claim to the lands of Greenland that had been ignored by colonial powers up until now.

It was in South America, though, where the Hispanian colonies truly shined. With French La Plata gone, Hispanian dominance of the continent was nearly complete. Only Argentina and the tiny Scottish colony remained. Nuevo Leon during the past decade indulged in a massive colonization effort, one intent on claiming as much free land as possible to deny Scotland or Argentine the possibility of expansion. Only Argentina attempted to resist, but they managed only to grab a small portion of the land available. The remaining colonial nations were free to expand unimpeded. They all pressed into the interior, with Sanchonia committed the most to its colonization efforts as it nearly doubled its land.

The world had changed over the years as the balance of power righted itself. The old alliance blocs were gone for the most part, and with them the potential for renewed peace. Too many enemies had been made and not enough friends. Despite the troubles that Hispania had faced, it still stood at the top of the world. It's military was unmatched, and it had a head start when it came to industrialization. Only France could compete, as usual, but they always seemed destined to be second place. Lithuania, though, was proving a rising star. The decades spent focused on their eastern expansion had created a strong nation, one whose power base was far from the other capitals of Europe but nevertheless a major threat. Byzantium remained strong, having been bolstered over the centuries by Hispania. Scandinavia, despite its earlier loss, still remained strong and maintained a significant colonial empire. The UKA, despite its distance from Europe, could not be ignored as a growing power for long. Germany had fallen far, but had big dreams of its return to prominence. As for Poland, their victories had given them a big boost, but some would consider that hollow. Their successes had mostly been the result of Lithuanian might and hid the true weakness beneath. It was said that Bavaria, now freed of its Hispanian shackles, was set to rise up in the world and surpass even its German counterpart. Transdacia, likewise, waited in the wings for its 15 minutes of fame. Yet even farther away, the nations of Asia squabbled with each other, but perhaps one day they would look to Europe and dispute their dominance. The Chinese had already fought back once, but who could say that was the end of it.

The world was changing, power shifting from one nation to another. The old ways had fallen aside, relics of another era. Now a new age had begun, one that would truly test humanity. As to who would claim dominance of the world or fall into irrelevancy, that was yet to be seen. The future is wide open.

((And there you have it, the world we'll have going into Vicky 2. I think I've finished most changes to the map, but I might make other adjustments if I notice anything off. Hopefully I've adequately explained any border changes, alliances, or new nations that have appeared. I do want to explain a few things though. I want to state right away that I have artificially inflated the prestige of all Western nations, adding 100 to all Europeans and 50 to their colonial nations. I've had to do this because of all the westernized Asians. My initial tests had Ming and Delhi becoming great powers within a year or two. The extra prestige is meant to delay the process to make it seem somewhat more natural, since by the time they catch up they will have likely accomplished something significant. It also keeps out colonial nations from randomly breaking free by becoming great powers early on. It's all meant as a temporary barrier though, so it can be overcome to make things interesting later on.

Also, you may notice Hispania's colour. I tried to use the EUIV one because it better represents our version of Hispania and my aversion to the Castilian yellow usually used. I had to make some adjustments though, since while it looked good zoomed out, it was very dark when zoomed in. As a result, I had to make it much more red than before. You can notice the difference on the world map. Wasn't sure if this was obvious either, but I let us keep Cheju off the coast of Korea, since I figured our navy would keep that safe.

As promised, I will now be providing the mod for the converted game. You just need to unzip it to the mod folder for Vicky 2 and you should be able to pick it from the launcher. I should mention that there may be some oddities on the country selection screen that should be ignored. For example, Qing will appear as China and Tyrone will be Ulster instead of Ireland, not to mention the random Britain in Australia. That's only because I found it easier to just create decisions the AI fires as soon as the game starts to force a tag swap or annexation instead of messing with the game files for the nation. Once you start the game, they will show up as they're supposed to. Trandacia may also be named wrong, but that's because of their ability to form Romania, so I just let that happen and changed the name for Romania. I'll also include the mod in the table of contents.

Eotm Conversion Mod))

((So when exactly is the next iAAR going to begin? And what exactly needs to be fixed in this mod before it is ready?))

((Those images are so beautiful... :DMaybe they should be tagged NSFW.;) ))

((I hope I don't get banned then. :p))

((So when exactly is the next iAAR going to begin? And what exactly needs to be fixed in this mod before it is ready?))

((There really isn't that much to do with the game other than minor fixes at this point, so it's playable. I really just need to add in my custom events I'll need to adjust reforms such when we need to, but ultimately those can wait. At some point I'll need to adjust my spreadsheet for the Vicky 2 portion, but yet again that can be done after we start. It's really the issue with elections that must be addressed first. I'm personally aiming to start the Vicky 2 thread at the end of the month. I'd consider doing it sooner, but I have family visiting this weekend and I'll be away a few days next week, so it's better to wait until after that. Once I post the thread, I'll probably leave another week to give time for people to post characters and let new people join in. I also can't start the next stage without creating some transition post detailing Hispania's history. I'm not quite sure what to include for that, but it's necessary so new people have some idea of how Hispania reached where it is now. It's a bit difficult to remember what happened over Hispania's history, as well as figuring out what someone who hasn't been part of this up until now would need to know. I know some of you are eager for the next part to start, but I've learned not to rush these things. It only leads to sloppy work and gets me unnecessarily stressed out.

Edit: Oh, and if anyone can find the event or decision that creates Poland-Lithuania, I would be ever so grateful. I spent 20 minutes searching for it the other day and had no such luck. I don't know if it's part of the mod or vanilla, but I'll need to check it over since I'd like to know what lets Lithuania and Poland combine without warning.))

((I would want to test run, if only I had HOD and AHD :( ))

((I would want to test run, if only I had HOD and AHD :( ))

((I'm surprised there is still anyone without them at this point, at least for those who own Vicky 2. You should definitely try to get them when they go on sale, since they come from the era of expansion packs loaded with tons of content that weren't just thrown at you in 4-6 month intervals to hustle you for all you've got. :D))

((Hm. I have some slight concerns that Hispanian might be too OP to make the game particularly enjoyable for Victoria 2. I mean, setting aside the fact that it's larger than the British Empire at its height, that it is both the most industrialized nation and (by far) the most militarily strong nation means that there is effectively no competition in either the short or the long term, based on this setup.))

((Hm. I have some slight concerns that Hispanian might be too OP to make the game particularly enjoyable for Victoria 2. I mean, setting aside the fact that it's larger than the British Empire at its height, that it is both the most industrialized nation and (by far) the most militarily strong nation means that there is effectively no competition in either the short or the long term, based on this setup.))

(( While I share the view that the game will be too easy, I have to disagree that it'll be boring.
If we, the players, stop being so pro-Hispania, we start caring less for the nation and more for what our characters would want, we could cause a lot of internal turmoil, effectively weakening Hispania.

To put it simply: We can't make decisions that would purely benefit Hispania.
We should plot more, do what we can just to make it more interesting and fun.

Because as you said it
Hispania is too strong to make it a fun game if we focus on retaining and expanding Hispanian might. ))

(( But otherwise

I really like how the word turned out, and while not much Michael deserve a internet cookie for a job well done and the dedication to the AAR.
I'll be looking forward to the next part of the story. ))

((The IC event is still going, but I guess we're running out of ideas. :p At the moment, things seem to be leaning towards Joan remaining as Regent but with the Assembly restored and the Crown Prince playing a prominent role in moderating the Regent's policies. I may throw out some more drama of some sort to get things going if necessary, but I'd rather focus on the conversion for the moment.))

((All I'm still wanting to do is to get those countless innocents who participated in the mob put on trial quickly. Consider there a petition for Joan and Ferran brought forward by Lluis Faixòn and signed by whoever of the economical leaders believe that he is right to do that.

I'd prefer Arnau to be out of jail to better explain why I'll play as Lluis. :p))

(( While I share the view that the game will be too easy, I have to disagree that it'll be boring.
If we, the players, stop being so pro-Hispania, we start caring less for the nation and more for what our characters would want, we could cause a lot of internal turmoil, effectively weakening Hispania.

Because as you said it
Hispania is too strong to make it a fun game if we focus on retaining and expanding Hispanian might. ))

(( But otherwise

I really like how the word turned out, and while not much Michael deserve a internet cookie for a job well done and the dedication to the AAR.
((I'm sharing that opinion. It's only going to be boring if we players cause no trouble. Some of us tried, and it was close at moments. We could have released Italy for example. :rolleyes:

And I'm going to give the mod a trial run. Likely as Germany, with a purely story modification that made the Montségur kings over there instead of just dukes. ;)))

Because as you said it

(( But otherwise

((I personally want to cause a particular TYPE of trouble, but it isn't an option in 1836. It will take until 1870 for my particular type of trouble to be a valid option so until then I will be a stabilizing force. I would expect my eventual switch will change things drastically as a primary stabilizing force will no longer be working to aid the Empire anymore. Also, 53M population? Wow that is a lot, even if only a part of it is in Europe))

((I did create opportunities to break up the Empire during the gap years, but the RNG and player choices ended up with most of it remaining together. I have a feeling though that holding things together might be trickier than expected. We do have a lot of non-accepted cultures outside Europe, and thus the potential for very large separatist movements. And the other great powers aren't exactly insignificant. France is quite strong, and if relations broke down could be a major threat. The same for Lithuania who has the entire steppes to colonize. A westernized Ming with tons of cores could easily cause problems later, as China is prone to do in vanilla when it westernizes. I imagine that, yes, the game will be very easy early on, but there are lots of things that could go wrong for Hispania too. I suppose I could throw some curveballs at Hispania, but I'd rather save those for later.))

Because as you said it

(( But otherwise

((Characters who don't put Hispania first? Is there such a thing? :D))

((All I'm still wanting to do is to get those countless innocents who participated in the mob put on trial quickly. Consider there a petition for Joan and Ferran brought forward by Lluis Faixòn and signed by whoever of the economical leaders believe that he is right to do that.

I'd prefer Arnau to be out of jail to better explain why I'll play as Lluis. :p))

((I'm sharing that opinion. It's only going to be boring if we players cause no trouble. Some of us tried, and it was close at moments. We could have released Italy for example. :rolleyes:

And I'm going to give the mod a trial run. Likely as Germany, with a purely story modification that made the Montségur kings over there instead of just dukes. ;)))

((Oh right, I should probably do that then. :D

Now the dreams of the Italians rests in the hands of the Vicky 2 separatists. I've seen movements for Sicily and one even for the Papal States. It seems though that we can't get a crisis for them because they are an accepted culture though.))

A series of investigations and trials proceeded as those labelled a political dissidents from amongst the earlier mob were carefully scrutinized. All accounts, though, turned up the same evidence: it was one lone gunman who fired upon the soldiers outside the palace, and he had died during the shooting. As for the attempt on the Crown Prince's life, no suspects could be found. If they were among those apprehended that day, there was no evidence linking them to the crime. Ultimately, none of those apprehended could be linked to any major crime. A few were clearly rabblerousers and had spurred on the rioters, but they could not be charged with anythings serious without causing outrage amongst the populace. Most were let go with only a minor misdemeanour or fine for disturbing the peace.

((I personally want to cause a particular TYPE of trouble, but it isn't an option in 1836. It will take until 1870 for my particular type of trouble to be a valid option so until then I will be a stabilizing force. I would expect my eventual switch will change things drastically as a primary stabilizing force will no longer be working to aid the Empire anymore. Also, 53M population? Wow that is a lot, even if only a part of it is in Europe))

((I'll start preparing the Trastámara hideouts then. :p))

((Just a little update. I've done some fiddling and it appears that it's not the elections that is broken, but first-past-the-post. While said electoral system usually leads to larger parties coming out on top, getting 100% of the vote is still pretty unrealistic. When I swapped Hispania to the Jefferson method, the results were dramatically different. Most parties were averaging around 10% of the seats, with the conservative parties a bit higher near 20-30%. The issues I focused on in the election events made a difference, but didn't decide the election. I saw parties shift by about 5-10% by focusing on different issues. This is the type of election we should be having. Seeing as we'll only be using it as a baseline to be adjusted by player votes, I'm just going to swap us to Jefferson. Just assume that Jefferson counts as whatever electoral system we actually have. This certainly explains why so many nations had that as their reform before I changed it because first-past-the-post seemed more historically accurate. Guess I'll be changing that back. :p

On another note, I've replaced the Spanish flag in the corner of all colonial nations' flags with more accurate versions for both ours and France's. Also, @05060403, you've unintentionally screwed up Hispania's flag. The flag I was testing for you now seems to be the permanent Hispanian flag, despite the fact I've deleted it from my computer and put the old one back in its place. I have no idea how the game is using a flag that's file isn't even on my computer anymore. :rolleyes:

Anyone who knows how to mod events, I need your help. I clearly am not formatting that stupid sphereling annexation event properly because France continues to annex their colonial nations. The event in question is event 60120, which can be found in the CleanUp.txt file in the events folder of Vicky 2. I tried adding in the tags for the colonial nations with the part mentioning Israel. You can find my version in the converterEvents.txt file of the mod. Either I am formatting it wrong or the mod version is not overriding the old one. I admit, I don't really know what I'm doing. I don't have a handy list of effects, modifiers, triggers, etc for Vicky 2 that I did for EUIV. I'd appreciate if someone with experience in modding Vicky 2 events can take a shot at getting it working.))

Anyone who knows how to mod events, I need your help. I clearly am not formatting that stupid sphereling annexation event properly because France continues to annex their colonial nations. The event in question is event 60120, which can be found in the CleanUp.txt file in the events folder of Vicky 2. I tried adding in the tags for the colonial nations with the part mentioning Israel. You can find my version in the converterEvents.txt file of the mod. Either I am formatting it wrong or the mod version is not overriding the old one. I admit, I don't really know what I'm doing. I don't have a handy list of effects, modifiers, triggers, etc for Vicky 2 that I did for EUIV. I'd appreciate if someone with experience in modding Vicky 2 events can take a shot at getting it working.))

((Edit: Whoops I never looked in your mod files. :p))

Last edited:
((Just a little update. I've done some fiddling and it appears that it's not the elections that is broken, but first-past-the-post. While said electoral system usually leads to larger parties coming out on top, getting 100% of the vote is still pretty unrealistic. When I swapped Hispania to the Jefferson method, the results were dramatically different. Most parties were averaging around 10% of the seats, with the conservative parties a bit higher near 20-30%. The issues I focused on in the election events made a difference, but didn't decide the election. I saw parties shift by about 5-10% by focusing on different issues. This is the type of election we should be having. Seeing as we'll only be using it as a baseline to be adjusted by player votes, I'm just going to swap us to Jefferson. Just assume that Jefferson counts as whatever electoral system we actually have. This certainly explains why so many nations had that as their reform before I changed it because first-past-the-post seemed more historically accurate. Guess I'll be changing that back. :p

On another note, I've replaced the Spanish flag in the corner of all colonial nations' flags with more accurate versions for both ours and France's. Also, @05060403, you've unintentionally screwed up Hispania's flag. The flag I was testing for you now seems to be the permanent Hispanian flag, despite the fact I've deleted it from my computer and put the old one back in its place. I have no idea how the game is using a flag that's file isn't even on my computer anymore. :rolleyes:

((Did you put "replace_path = events" or something in the .mod file?))

((Did you put "replace_path = events" or something in the .mod file?))

((I haven't touched the .mod file. Would that just override the conflicting events or replace the event folder with the mod one?))

((I haven't touched the .mod file. Would that just override the conflicting events or replace the event folder with the mod one?))
((replace_path = events would override the vanilla events with whatever you have in your mod's events file. That might solve your issue.

Edit: by the way, what are you planning on doing with the Carlist rebel type?

Edit 2: it appears there's a special character at the beginning of the cultures.txt file which is throwing a fatal parse error in the Validator (mod syntax checking tool). It only appears if you use certain byte rendering methods (such as ISO-1889 or something for mine).

Edit 3: we should rename Prussian Constitutionalism to something else, as Prussia never existed here. Maybe Hispanian Constitutionalism or Hispanian Monarchy?

Edit 4: Use ISO-8859-1 as the charset to decode the culture.txt file in your text editor to see the strange character. It's on line 1, column 1.

Edit 5: Should we rename catalan to something other than Aragonese? Perhaps Hispanian, to mirror how castilian is rendered as Spanish?))

Last edited:
((replace_path = events would override the vanilla events with whatever you have in your mod's events file. That might solve your issue.

Edit: by the way, what are you planning on doing with the Carlist rebel type?

Edit 2: it appears there's a special character at the beginning of the cultures.txt file which is throwing a fatal parse error in the Validator (mod syntax checking tool). It only appears if you use certain byte rendering methods (such as ISO-1889 or something for mine).

Edit 3: we should rename Prussian Constitutionalism to something else, as Prussia never existed here. Maybe Hispanian Constitutionalism or Hispanian Monarchy?))

((The .mod file seems to just be replacing individual files instead using the replace command. I'll try that instead.

I should probably rename them or remove the special name they have. They should just be normal reactionaries. I assume normal rebels just show up as "Reactionary Rebels"?

Not sure what that all means. Perhaps whatever it was was the reason the North Germans wouldn't work.

The problem with that name is we do not have a constitution. If Prussian Constitutionalism is meant to represent a government with a strong monarchy and elected parliament of some sort with a constitution, the Greeks might be a better choice. If you're looking for more focus on the constitutionalism part, Bavaria would work as well.))

((I've nearly reached 1860 in my test run, and had some fairly interesting wars with my neighbours. I'm going to sum up my observations so far:

- Hispania broke the alliance with France day one. Not a problem as we are going to be Hispania. France has been peaceful ever since.:)
- Lithuania somewhat feels like Russia. Hungary had a revolution every five years.:D So far no CN became a GP.
- Ming reformed China and united with the Qing.
- Hispania failed to liberate Canton (white peace IIRC), but took Korea, which made Qing go downhill. I think I could take on France 1v1, but I rather stay out of Hispania's way, so it is good to see that they aren't meddling in my affairs.
- the borders in Europe only moved in a line down from Karelia to Hungary (with and without my involvement), while Asia also changes. Otherwise there's been mostly peaceful colonization.
- Not much more as pure observation as I'm busy fighting my own wars. :rolleyes:

Then of course there are some issues we should clear up:
- I think there should be a priority on cleaning up cores (deleting the line in province history works for that). The vanilla ones like the NGF have caused no problems for me, but might in the AAR. But more importantly, the tag switching nations keep the previous cores - Scotland declared a liberation war on Ireland for Tyrone. The event should probably clear the Tyronian cores. The same can be said of China, though it was good to see Ming reunite the empire.
- Industrialization. It feels weird to start in the middle of Europe and don't have a single factory. Though I don't know how hard it is to add them.
- those two are the most dominant ones, otherwise it was fine for me.

98C2D6AB883985F5AFAF11C0557008DF3F26FEC5

KXTFJgh.jpg
))

((FPtP is that way on purpose, since it accounts more accurately for vote-splitting and encourages the development of a two-party system.

The flags issue should be able to be fixed by deleting the flagfiles text document, iirc.))

((The .mod file seems to just be replacing individual files instead using the replace command. I'll try that instead.

I should probably rename them or remove the special name they have. They should just be normal reactionaries. I assume normal rebels just show up as "Reactionary Rebels"?

Not sure what that all means. Perhaps whatever it was was the reason the North Germans wouldn't work.

The problem with that name is we do not have a constitution. If Prussian Constitutionalism is meant to represent a government with a strong monarchy and elected parliament of some sort with a constitution, the Greeks might be a better choice. If you're looking for more focus on the constitutionalism part, Bavaria would work as well.))
((There are different types of rebels for different ideologies. You can find a list of them in rebel_types.txt. There are already default reactionary rebels, with Carlists being a special Spain-specific reactionary rebel type. Perhaps we could rename them to something other than Carlist or reactionary, maybe something Joan-related. Maybe Joan wants to become Emperor?

Just retype or delete line 1 in cultures.txt. There seems to be something wrong with the file. Or you can download the Validator and check the mod for parse errors. It's really helpful to find crash-causing bugs.

Edit: the Validator also threw a few minor (not gamebreaking) errors for german culture and a few other cultures. Didn't focus on those because they wouldn't cause a crash.

Then we should name it Hispanian Monarchy or something, to reflect Hispania's unique system. Just get rid of the "Prussian" part as it makes no sense.))
((FPtP is that way on purpose, since it accounts more accurately for vote-splitting and encourages the development of a two-party system.

The flags issue should be able to be fixed by deleting the flagfiles text document, iirc.))
((And I would just like to point out that the flagfiles document is in the Documents/Paradox Interactive folder. I think you need to delete the entire gfx/flags folder (where flagfiles.txt is located) as well for it to work.))