• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Melkor89

Major
2 Badges
Oct 21, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
These generic province pictures (desert, forest, hills, jungle, mountains, plains, sea, swamp and urban) are taken from WW2-era colour photographs. In my opinion, they are clearer and more immersive than the vanilla ones.
backs.jpg

I recommend to combine this mini-mod with others that improve the number of specific province pictures, like this one.
Feel free to use these files in your own mod. Your feedback is appreciated.
DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/file/33q1auuhu3xycob/provinces+pics.rar

These generic province pictures (desert, forest, hills, jungle, mountains, plains, sea, swamp and urban) are taken from WW2-era colour photographs. In my opinion, they are clearer and more immersive than the vanilla ones.
View attachment 247141
I recommend to combine this mini-mod with others that improve the number of specific province pictures, like this one.
Feel free to use these files in your own mod. Your feedback is appreciated.
DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/file/33q1auuhu3xycob/provinces+pics.rar

Those look very nice.

Heh, I just noticed where you got the forest province picture from. It's a Finnish photograph from the Continuation War:

paavolainen_tukilla_finna_sotamuseo_kim_borg_valokuvia_suomesta_s638x0_q80_noupscale.jpg

A story tells that the sorbus branch is actually being held by an assistant of the photographer.

Heh, I just noticed where you got the forest province picture from. It's a Finnish photograph from the Continuation War:

paavolainen_tukilla_finna_sotamuseo_kim_borg_valokuvia_suomesta_s638x0_q80_noupscale.jpg

A story tells that the sorbus branch is actually being held by an assistant of the photographer.
Yeah, you got me. If you haven't noticed, also one of the battle event pictures is from the Finnish front.