• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am speaking for Russian community players here. We are VERY disappointed and are going to boycott the game since our donations to Wargame were spent for another game. We feel betrayed, you lost us guys and will not get a single penny from us. We wish you luck with your project.

It's ok, you guys will be represented in a DLC.

That's a good start, although with a game at the division (really, smaller) level, the sky's the limit. Campaigns like those in Norway and Burma or pretty much anywhere there was potentially interesting fighting going on would go well, with all sorts of crazy counterfactuals (Germany vs Czechoslovakia in '38) :). Down the track, they could potentially think about more of an 'Order of Battle' release appraoch, with a 'hub' and various component games. Still, lets wish them well for Steel Division first. If they can nail interesting, core gameplay, the potential is huge (within the niche :)).

This. I need my Czechnology.

If it gets decent singleplayer I might consider buying this.

That's a good start, although with a game at the division (really, smaller) level, the sky's the limit. Campaigns like those in Norway and Burma or pretty much anywhere there was potentially interesting fighting going on would go well, with all sorts of crazy counterfactuals (Germany vs Czechoslovakia in '38) :). Down the track, they could potentially think about more of an 'Order of Battle' release appraoch, with a 'hub' and various component games. Still, lets wish them well for Steel Division first. If they can nail interesting, core gameplay, the potential is huge (within the niche :)).
I was going to suggest Norway but you beat me to it :) It's obvious that I'm interested in it as a Norwegian but there are some interesting points on the Norwegian front I'd like to point out:

Norwegian battles were pretty low scale so the lower scale we see in WW2 games would make more sense.
Earlier models of equipment. Norway's equipment were pretty outdated. Only a few of the ships were modern. The few fighter planes were wiped out on day 1. Older reconnaissance planes was what Norway had left.
Vehicle limitation. Civilian vehicles were commandeered, commonly buses by both sides. The light tanks of Germany would be limited to flatter terrain.
Limits to naval troop landing transports. They were mostly limited to ports.
Terrain. Large parts of Norway are natural fortresses. Long distance fighting. Beautiful view.
French, Polish and British troops were present.
Ships doing hide and seek raiding along the coastline.
"What if" scenarios. Battles if Norway were better prepared at places.
Raiding skirmishes in North-Norway. Gunfights in the coastal villages. (sounds very awesome to me!)
Campaign following Carl Gustav Fleischer? The Norwegian front was very political and there are points where he could have made different choices with dramatic changes (according to the author of the book I have read about him)

Paradox, you should set up a system where I can leave a deposit and when you release a new game, you already have my money and I can get the game.
It may not be a great game to start with but by the end I know it will turn into a gem

This is weird.

Why would Eugen, a successful developer in their right, need to "partner" with Paradox? Especially in today's digital age. Eugen has sold a lot of games so presumably they can finance their own development. Also I know that Paradox has been branching out to other genres in the past few years. Eugen games are usually RTS. They try to put a lot of detail into them, but usually the games (multiplayer at least) end up being all about who can spam the most helicopters.

This is weird.

Why would Eugen, a successful developer in their right, need to "partner" with Paradox? Especially in today's digital age. Eugen has sold a lot of games so presumably they can finance their own development. Also I know that Paradox has been branching out to other genres in the past few years. Eugen games are usually RTS. They try to put a lot of detail into them, but usually the games (multiplayer at least) end up being all about who can spam the most helicopters.
We publish the game, they develop it :). Eugen has (as far as I know) always partnered with a publisher for their games so this isn't strange. As for the most helicopters, let me reassure you that there will be no spamming of them in this game ;).

I'm a huge fan of the Wargame series (not that much of RUSE or even Act of Aggression, because they lack realism compared to Wargame), and one of my biggest dreams I have for quite some years now, is a game that mixes Hearts of Iron with Wargame. As a result it would be possible to seamlessly zoom in on HOIs global strategic map, where you can see your divisions, to the tactical 3D battlefield view of Wargame, where you can watch the actual battles going on.

It's still just a dream, but the news that Eugene and Paradox are now partners makes me really happy and gives me at least some hope for this dream to become true in the future, although I know it's very unlikely. Anyways, I'm stoked and hope that Steel Division will retain the realism of the Wargame-series :)

I'm a huge fan of the Wargame series (not that much of RUSE or even Act of Aggression

Same. Wargame was pretty good. I even liked Red Dragon although there were a lot of complaints on the forums about Naval combat not living up to expectations. But they're solid, playable games. And Eugen seems to want to keep working at their products post release, adding maps and constantly balancing the game. This is good, much better than "haha we've got your money - so long, suckers!".

"Total War" style strategic/tactical WW2 combat? I'd be sold too. However this appeals to a completely different market than what Paradox currently has. Not sure the HOI crowd would like it, for instance. But then again breaking into new markets is what Paradox seems to be trying to do. I know I'd give it a try, lol!

My main concern is that as Paradox grows, they lose focus and end up turning into something like EA or Ubi - who really don't care about their actual "games" anymore, just care about marketing and sales figures, gimmicks and hype.

I'm really sad about that. If a game is not confirmed for Linux, why would it have a Linux icon at all as a placeholder?
Because it was a placeholder ;). Per default it's added to all our games (since our own games have Linux support) and we need to remove it manually. That being said though, I don't know if Eugen will add support for Mac and/or Linux in the future.