• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is just a taste of what's to come guys and gals, we will be sharing more info in the coming weeks and hopefully your worries will be laid to rest :).

I know it's not fair and the chances of it being a GSG where slim. It is however a disapointment. To be honest I don't see myself playing this game and I feel most fans here on this forum where severly rooting for a Grand strategy game by PDS wether that be an antiquity game or Vicky 3.

Good for PDX to become Publisher from Eugen systems. It should fit well with the rest of your portfolio and the fanbase you have. However, don't forget that your fanbase is mostly here for PDS stuff don't tease and don't deliver too much.

Is this a divorce for Eugen and Focus??

I would say so, at least for now. There was recently an image of upcoming Focus games for this year and there was no hint on any strategy game coming from Eugen.
Other than the loss of the Wargame IP (unless Paradox or someone else bought it I guess) it is probably a good thing since they did a bad job at marketing.

Well the cat was out of the bag, was just a matter of time! But this is very very cool.

How do you get the Sign Up to work? All it gives me is a link to my Paradox Profile? Or is that it confirming that the sign up has worked? Is there not a newsletter I need to subscribe to?

If you guys think back to the video of Fred doing the splits on Tiger Tanks with loads of WW2 infantry pushing forward and Mustangs clearing the skies, it was a hint at this game (not necessarily HoI IV) and not Vicky 3.

Last edited:
How do I sign up anyway? The Sign Up link in the banner leads me to the Your Paradox Account button, which leads me to my Paradox account (shockingly).
What next?

I'd argue that Company of Heroes set the bar for WW2 RTT/RTS games .. and I'm not quite sure what to think about Steel Division. Will wait for more info..

Great news. The wargame franchise has evolved into a seriously deep RTS with realistic units and tactics (as far as the RTS format allows before becoming cumbersome.) Paradox and Eigen seems like a great marriage, as I think the paradox audience has a strong tolerance for complexity and depth, which will hopefully allow Eigen to feel free to ramp up the realism without fear of alienating their audience. :)

I for one welcome the cooperation of these two companies.

Its a better fit. Aside from Wargame, Focus mostly publishes Tour de France sims, Sherlock Holmes games, and shovelware. Paradox is the military/history nerd's publisher.

Unless you don't like fun, then there's AGEod.

I can hear gun shots from afar. Even after I close the website of the game. :eek:

The Allies are coming for your sorry Kraut butt.
It really starts to annoy me.

It doesn't even stop after muting Firefox. Ahhhh.

Or closing the browser. The hell, what is this madness?

Edit: I found the problem. I had the page also opened on my smart phone...

Last edited:
+++ Wargame: WW2 edition. Yay! Been waiting for this.
------------ Normandy setting. Boooo! Done way too many times. In a rich setting like WW2 to go for the saturated Normandy campaign is just boring.

Major Query:

What will the game be like in terms of mod-friendliness? Wargames series were fun, but the inability to make custom campaigns severely limited the potential of the game.