• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bisougai

First Lieutenant
43 Badges
May 14, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
Hi,

During january 2017, i released a little mod manager for Stellaris (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/994228/) but when i see that other Paradox Interactive's games use the same modding structure i decided to migrate to another project ! So welcome Paradoxos Mod Manager !

l1Wev_h_kvx08gRmya_mVc7QcFSudDWg7Mqs70AQqRry6xzLKcb2fjgXYjPvcAK8aX4pfcAwu7ASvVU0YHaRFSox3UbJyKEDr84k7tRorNJqwKOcQDaTk078IACByNv_gPmgHNtj

Paradoxos Mod Manager is a java application which can be used to manage your mods in recent Paradox Interactive’s games : Crusader Kings II, Europa Universalis IV, Stellaris, Hearts of Iron 4 and Imperator Rome.

I develop this app because i often have lots of mods and games with differents list of mods activated on Stellaris, and enable/disable each mods of a savegame before i launch my game was very boring…

Download

You can download the tool (all versions) from my GoogleDrive : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2162Wd9vePmRXdieVc2QzdraFU

Links

Documentation : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wThmbZIEGWzDO3rp8-zzJumebXDBE4-q6L6GnzVKmAY

Versions log : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DFCgmSFUUZ2IRY-ON1bOVZki9LPd-FSTHacR7i2ibUA

Last edited:
Nice little tool. Thank you very much!

I'd like to suggest to add support for the tool to launch the game outside of steam, and to specify the path of installation of the game outside of steam.

Also, may I recomment for you to ask the thread be linked in the mods and tools megathread? That way it'll be eaiser to find later on.

I'd like to suggest to add support for the tool to launch the game outside of steam, and to specify the path of installation of the game outside of steam.

Is there legal non-steam version of the game ?
Now the tool only use the Paradox Interactive folder in Documents/ (where saves, mods and settings are installed). I make the tool able to launch the steam version of the game with the URI steam request : steam://rungameid/<id> ( https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_browser_protocol )
And i'll try to use the same way for mod workshop link.

Also, may I recomment for you to ask the thread be linked in the mods and tools megathread? That way it'll be eaiser to find later on.

Good idea, i'll do that when the app go stable, so only when i find a correct way to check at launch if a new version is available and correct some design&resize bugs.

If someone have a idea of a simple and stable/correct free webhost where i would be able to have an html file with the current app version inside (so even if i have 1MB disk space ^^).

I think you can host files here at paradoxplaza?

As for having copies of CK2, I recall the EULA stating that you can have up to two copies installed. In any case it is common practice to have, say a copy of 2.6.3 to keep playing mods once 2.7 hits until said mods are updated (which is why I was asking for that).

Edit: funny thing, looking at the thread title, and reading "Paradoxos" instead of "Paradox" I thought at first that would be your user name.

Edit: funny thing, looking at the thread title, and reading "Paradoxos" instead of "Paradox" I thought at first that would be your user name.

No, when i was looking for an app name (to replace "Stellaris") i find the idea to use the greek word of "Paradox" in order to keep the meaning that the tool is for some Paradox's games without taking their name :) (cause i'm not affiliated ^^).

And Bisougai's Mod Manager don't sounds pretty well ^^

When you have two copies installed how work the paradox's documents folder ? It's the same for both install ?

No, when i was looking for an app name (to replace "Stellaris") i find the idea to use the greek word of "Paradox" in order to keep the meaning that the tool is for some Paradox's games without taking their name :) (cause i'm not affiliated ^^).

And Bisougai's Mod Manager don't sounds pretty well ^^

When you have two copies installed how work the paradox's documents folder ? It's the same for both install ?

Yes, it's the same.

Well, the default one is the same. You can change the folder of each installation (even that of the steam one) by dropping a txt file named userdir in the root folder of the installation. Within that file, you type the adress of the folder you want to use as your document folder for that installation.

Would it be possible to have this lovely tool support mods when My Docs is on a different drive than the primary one?

Yes, it's the same.

Well, the default one is the same. You can change the folder of each installation (even that of the steam one) by dropping a txt file named userdir in the root folder of the installation. Within that file, you type the adress of the folder you want to use as your document folder for that installation.

Would it be possible to have this lovely tool support mods when My Docs is on a different drive than the primary one?

So i will add (ASAP) an option to select the install path (if different from steam) and select the Docs path (if different from normal location).

Update to beta 0.2.0
- possibility to change documents path
- begin support for mod load order (see doc)
- a little modification in the xml structure (where user lists are saved) → structure is auto-updated when you save a list

IMPORTANT : Be careful with mod order when you select your mods ! This is still in dev ! The mod order applied in the game will be the order you select each mods. (see more in the documentation, google drive or in the downloaded archive)

@jumbi & @ngppgn I add a basic stuff to select the document path, next step an input file (more user friendly), and after an install path selector.

Last edited:
Update to beta 0.2.0
- a little modification in the xml structure (where user lists are saved) → structure is auto-updated when you save a list

IMPORTANT : Be careful with mod order when you select your mods ! This is still in dev ! The mod order applied in the game will be the order you select each mods. (see more in the documentation, google drive or in the downloaded archive)

@jumbi & @ngppgn I add a basic stuff to select the document path, next step an input file (more user friendly), and after an install path selector.

Greatly appreciated. I'm going to look at the documentation regarding mod order, which I never thought was an issue (I mean, I though mods were loaded in ASCI order except for dependencies-, rather than on the order they are clicked/stored in the settings file).

Update to beta 0.2.0

Brilliant! One other thing, I don't know if it's just on my end, but when applying a mod list, it seems that it doesn't activate the first mod in the UserLists file. Listing the mod twice in the file seems to remedy the issue.

Greatly appreciated. I'm going to look at the documentation regarding mod order, which I never thought was an issue (I mean, I though mods were loaded in ASCI order except for dependencies-, rather than on the order they are clicked/stored in the settings file).

It's possibly true that they are loadded in ASCII order... I can't find any doc for this part of modding in the game's wikis :(
I make the bases of mod order in the case it's the order in "settings.txt" (in a same way that Elder Scrolls), if it's not the case (i think i will ask a dev ^^) mod order won't be possible for my tool (i can't control the mod activation when the game launch).

Brilliant! One other thing, I don't know if it's just on my end, but when applying a mod list, it seems that it doesn't activate the first mod in the UserLists file. Listing the mod twice in the file seems to remedy the issue.

Hmm... i will pearhaps need your UserLists.xml (you can edit him to keep only one list) with the .mod file associated (in order to don't have "MISSING" errors ^^)
To be sure you can check if there is the same number of mods activated in the laucher (or in the settings.txt) and mods selected in the list.
If a debugfile is generated afer applying the list you can also send it ^^

Hi, a little time since the previous update... :D

Update to beta 0.3.0
- Add system file browser to select document’s path of a game
- Mod load order aborted because no way to force it.
- Add Import/Export options (i think it would be more useful for Stellaris and HoI4 because they use steam workshop)
- More errors traced in the debug txt file
- Fix the "LaunchWindows.cmd"
- Fix some very minor bugs

Hi,

As @MiniVera advice i make a packed version of Paradoxos. These archives have a java 8 jre bundled with an executable launcher (exe for windows and script for unix)

So there is a beta version for 0.3.1 (yes a beta version of a beta app... betaception ^^) : REMOVED

Info :
  • The app is exactly the same as 0.3.0
  • To keep your saved list copy all game folders (like "Stellaris", "Europa Universalis IV"...) from the previous installation and paste it in the new folder

Last edited:
I was thinking about creating a mod manager in Java and I found you have already done it.
Thanks a lot for sharing your work.

I have seen in the documentation that you are open to suggestions, here are mines.

1) One feature I have thought to implement is, in addition to select the mods for a list, to choose a language.
Actually, I am a French native speaker and I play with mods which are in French but not in English and vice-versa.
So I would have liked some mod lists in French and other in English.

2) I have a little suggestion to your UX.
I think it will be better for the user that the application starts by default with the last used game configuration.
Actually I haven' got Stellaris, but the interface always start with Stellaris.
I would like it starts with Crusader Kings 2.
Even better, starts directly on the list windows because I have configured lists for Crusader Kings 2 only.

Update to beta 0.4.0 :
- Welcome to @Mouchi in the developpement
- Add option to set game language for a list of mods, all list are set in English as default
- Add online check for new version, when app is launch it make a request online and print a dialog window if a new version is found
- Now it should be impossible to modify/apply/delete/export when there is no list selected (to reduce error logs)
- Fix a bug where mods were missing in the settings.txt after apply

Update to beta 0.4.1 :
- Correct some typos
- Fix a bug causing the doc picker button to not open a file chooser window
- Fix a major bug when the doc path don’t ended with the system file separator, causing mods to occurs as “missing”

Update to beta 0.4.2 :
- Fix a bug causing mod name to not correspond

Update to Beta 0.5.0 :
- Add saved parameters (stored in settings.xml) : the last path used for a game is now saved
- Add more debugs
- Add “Local version” and “Online version” infos in the “New version online” window

Sorry again a small update after a while... Read "INFOS" part if you want more information... Yay... "Of course !" you will say :D

Update to Beta 0.5.2 :
- Add test and error window if mod/ directory is missing in the game's document folder
- Add support for following language : spanish, polish, italian, swedish, czech, hungarian, dutch, russian, finnish and brazilian portuguese
(Remember that only english, french, german and spanish are officially supported by Paradox)

INFOS : As you can see the development is pretty slowed… In fact my willingness to work on Paradoxos is a bit missing, University and job still leave me enough free time, but when you spend your day programming (for job, or for school projects) you don’t really want to continue when you are at home… :( My first objective with this app was to improve my skills and i saw an opportunity to also share my work with the community; first with Stellaris (old project name was simply named ‘Stellaris Mod Manager’ :) ) and after with the other Paradox games (I even buy HoI4 just to be able to test the app and gain access to the forum :cool: ). I was very happy when Mouchi ( username : NicolasGrosjean, he also develops some tools which could be really useful ;) ) joined the development, he is at the origin of the addition of the language choice for a list mod (for example). I’m also opened to offers to join the team (my objective is to stay a small team ^^), requirements are very low : know basis of object programming (like java, c++...) and have ideas of what you want to add (i received lot of suggestions, works on UI is also good thing because i’m very bad in UI design ^^). The Paradoxos Mod Manager project is developed in java and use the API JDOM (xml) and javafx (graphic), the code is hosted on github (name : ParadoxosModManager), docs are on Google Drive.

EDIT : forgot the remove a github link since they aren't allowed.