• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Transdacian Independence:
1. Grant them independence
2. Deny their request
Transdacian King:
1. Duke of Wallachia
2. Trastámara
Greek Referendum:
1. Allow referendum ((I've grown tired of that Hispanian enclave in Athens. It separates mainland Byzantium from the Peloponnese. We need better borders!:p))
2. Deny referendum
Failing Merchants:
1. Bail them out
2. Do not intervene

Transdacian Independence: /
2. Deny their request
Transdacian King: /
1. Duke of Wallachia
2. Trastámara
Greek Referendum: /
1. Deny referendum
2. Allow referendum
Failing Merchants: /
1. Bail them out
2. Do not intervene

((Stability: Raise))

((I've grown tired of that Hispanian enclave in Athens. It separates mainland Byzantium from the Peloponnese. We need better borders!:p))

((There is a reason I kept bringing up the issue of the Greeks over the past several decades of this iAAR. :D))

((There is a reason I kept bringing up the issue of the Greeks over the past several decades of this iAAR. :D))

((Well technically the Greek lands are part of the integrated Duchy of Athens and the Knights rather than Byzantium. Both are rightful parts of the Crown by treaty with the Knights and the Mandromenoi lands being inherited by Alfons and Pere. Parliament as part of the Empire can't influence Crown Lands. As Joan is Emperor in all but name due to the state of his brother, he can significantly influence the result of this affair. A simple majority shouldn't be able to so easily overrule his wishes.

As for Bavaria and Transdacia, giving so much to so little so readily can only inspire others to demand the same. I know you said the North Italians are dormant but two successful movements might stir up the anthill again...))

((Well technically the Greek lands are part of the integrated Duchy of Athens and the Knights rather than Byzantium. Both are rightful parts of the Crown by treaty with the Knights and the Mandromenoi lands being inherited by Alfons and Pere. Parliament as part of the Empire can't influence Crown Lands. As Joan is Emperor in all but name due to the state of his brother, he can significantly influence the result of this affair. A simple majority shouldn't be able to so easily overrule his wishes.

As for Bavaria and Transdacia, giving so much to so little so readily can only inspire others to demand the same. I know you said the North Italians are dormant but two successful movements might stir up the anthill again...))
((I'm still surprised we let Byzantium go, :eek: let alone Bavaria. What use is such an expensive army if we're only going to peacefully let a third of our land secede? :confused: Oh well...:rolleyes: ))

((By EUIV standards, none of that land was core land of Byzantium, so you'd be correct in that the duchy and such aren't technically part of Byzantium. The crux of the issue is that Greeks live there and the Greek people associate with Byzantium.

I'm not sure what you mean about Parliament not being able to influence Crown land. They'd have representation like any other province of the Empire, and thus could propose laws or even permit a referendum in those lands. Parliament can technically present laws for any part of the Empire, except where certain levels of autonomy have been granted. The actual reason Parliament technically can't unilaterally hand off the Greek lands is that ultimate power lies with the monarch, so as Regent, Joan could overturn any decision.))

((I'm still surprised we let Byzantium go, :eek: let alone Bavaria. What use is such an expensive army if we're only going to peacefully let a third of our land secede? :confused: Oh well...:rolleyes: ))

((You're assuming that land was Hispania's to begin with. Hispania has never owned any of Byzantium's or Bavaria's lands, with the exception of Epirus. It's not an easy thing telling one of the strongest nations in the world that they should take orders from another country. There's also the possibility that they would have broken free of their own accord in Vicky 2 anyway because both are strong enough to be great powers. I'd need someone to verify though if puppets can actually become great powers and thus independent.))

((By EUIV standards, none of that land was core land of Byzantium, so you'd be correct in that the duchy and such aren't technically part of Byzantium. The crux of the issue is that Greeks live there and the Greek people associate with Byzantium.

I'm not sure what you mean about Parliament not being able to influence Crown land. They'd have representation like any other province of the Empire, and thus could propose laws or even permit a referendum in those lands. Parliament can technically present laws for any part of the Empire, except where certain levels of autonomy have been granted. The actual reason Parliament technically can't unilaterally hand off the Greek lands is that ultimate power lies with the monarch, so as Regent, Joan could overturn any decision.))

((You're assuming that land was Hispania's to begin with. Hispania has never owned any of Byzantium's or Bavaria's lands, with the exception of Epirus. It's not an easy thing telling one of the strongest nations in the world that they should take orders from another country. There's also the possibility that they would have broken free of their own accord in Vicky 2 anyway because both are strong enough to be great powers. I'd need someone to verify though if puppets can actually become great powers and thus independent.))
((Yes, puppets can become great powers. That's one way for them to become independent.))

((Yes, puppets can become great powers. That's one way for them to become independent.))

((Well that explains why Bavaria didn't convert over as a puppet and our relations were strained. Guess letting them go now helped us save face instead of them randomly being set free without warning in 1836 or later. :p))

((Well that explains why Bavaria didn't convert over as a puppet and our relations were strained. Guess letting them go now helped us save face instead of them randomly being set free without warning in 1836 or later. :p))

((Thanks for the discussion above, folks. As I don't know how Vicky2 exactly works, this made me understand better where we are going with these decisions. Better let those big countries go, and keep them as friends. Still expecting an Italian Risorgimento very soon though ;).))

2. Deny their request

Transdacian King:
1. Duke of Wallachia
2. Trastámara

Greek Referendum:
1. Allow referendum
2. Deny referendum

Failing Merchants:
1. Bail them out
2. Do not intervene

((Thanks for the discussion above, folks. As I don't know how Vicky2 exactly works, this made me understand better where we are going with these decisions. Better let those big countries go, and keep them as friends. Still expecting an Italian Risorgimento very soon though ;).))

((Well you'll be waiting a very long time because I don't have anything else planned for Italy. They've had several chances and were shot down every time. Guess they have to wait for the historical time period for Italian unification. :D))

((Well you'll be waiting a very long time because I don't have anything else planned for Italy. They've had several chances and were shot down every time. Guess they have to wait for the historical time period for Italian unification. :D))

(( It did take a long time actually... but eventually happened. I'll be looking forward for that. Chi va piano va sano... :p If only they hadn't been stupid enough to attempt an assassination ! This looks like what happened to Czar Alexander II : while he had abolished slavery and was really going to modernize Russia, he was murdered in an horrible bomb attack in 1881. His son's policies went all reactionary after that... just to see the Tsardom overwhelmed by the Soviet revolution 36 years later...:confused:))

Last edited:
Parliament and Joan himself had grown accustomed to the noisy bickering of the Fénix and their leader, giving it little attention. Not that it would stop them - they had reached a level of fanatism for their cause that nothing could stop them. There was always a sizeable crowd around, but even if nobody would listen, an idea could not be killed.

Felipe Faixòn's business continued to flourish. With the government unable to stop the pirates, traders on the risky route east needed other protection. Mercenaries with weapons. The recovery of western Iberia and the economical growth across the peninsula demanded more and more metal. With his goods not relying on overseas trade, a crisis could be very useful... He made very vague promises to the TATC and other companies about possible investments.

((
2. Deny their request
Transdacian King:
1. Duke of Wallachia
2. Trastámara
Greek Referendum:
1. Allow referendum
2. Deny referendum
Failing Merchants:
1. Do not intervene
2. Bail them out))

2. Deny their request
Transdacian King:
1. Duke of Wallachia
2. Trastámara
Greek Referendum:
1. Deny referendum
2. Allow referendum
(( This should give some oportunities for crises, so that's why I don't want to fix the bordergored :p ))
Failing Merchants:
1. Do not intervene
2. Bail them out

(( If this was IC, then without thinking I'd vote for bailing them out, however this might be a nice way to start the transition into the open market from V2 ))

Transdacian Independence: Grant them independence/Deny their request
1. Deny their request
2. Grant them independence
Transdacian King: Duke of Wallachia/Trastámara
1. Duke of Wallachia
2. Trastamara
Greek Referendum: Allow referendum/Deny referendum
1. Deny Referendum
2. Allow referendu,
Failing Merchants: Bail them out/Do not intervene
1. do not intervene
2. bail them out

so when is victoria 2 aar coming? have you thought about doing a stellaris campaign in this? the person who is doing the annonia megacampaign can help with that part if your intrested

((Random thing to quote. :p The Victoria II part, as you can see based on recent postings, will occur when the transition and then conversion is completed. I expect it'll take a few weeks to reach that stage. I have no intention of taking this beyond Victoria II. It'd likely require going on to HOI, and that series of games is far beyond me. I don't exactly see Stellaris as suited for an iAAR either, but I suppose someone can give it a shot. I doubt I'd be up for it. Running an iAAR is a lot of work and I think just doing a Victoria II portion will be enough for me.))

((I can also help in case you decide on HOI and/or Stellaris (as I've done significant modding for both stages of my megacampaign), but I strongly suggest not doing HOI. To my knowledge it's not suitable to the format of an iAAR, as it's more of a war simulator than a sociopolitical one. But Stellaris might work, though there would be a lot of problems because of the scale of the game.))

2. Deny their request
Transdacian King:
1. Duke of Wallachia
2. Trastámara
Greek Referendum:
1. Allow referendum
2. Deny referendum
Failing Merchants:
1. Bail them out
2. Do not intervene

2. Deny their request
Transdacian King:
1. Trastámara
2. Duke of Wallachia

((We cannot lose another throne so easily...))
Greek Referendum:
1. Deny referendum
2. Allow referendum
Failing Merchants:
1. Bail them out
2. Do not intervene

((I can also help in case you decide on HOI and/or Stellaris (as I've done significant modding for both stages of my megacampaign), but I strongly suggest not doing HOI. To my knowledge it's not suitable to the format of an iAAR, as it's more of a war simulator than a sociopolitical one. But Stellaris might work, though there would be a lot of problems because of the scale of the game.))

((When I say I have no intention of continuing this beyond Victoria II, I mean it. That will be the final chapter of this iAAR. I barely have it in me to do the Victoria II part let alone keep going on into HOI or Stellaris. I'd burn myself out by then and end up hating both this iAAR and those who refuse to let it die. :p))